A poll.. what percent does your employer contribute to SS/Medicare?

What is the combined % payment an employer pays on behalf of employee for SS/Medicare?

• 0% Employers don't pay anything!

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • 2%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4.2%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 7.6%

Votes: 17 85.0%

• Total voters
Oh the poor companies ! When an employee gets hurt on the job , thy pay out a little work comp, then let the taxpayers take care of the employee forever thru SS disability payments . What a raw deal !
The employee pays all of it, douche bag. The employer pays nothing. That's just a book keeping fiction to fool morons like you, and you bought it hook, line and sinker.
If you are self employed the govt. covers 50% of social security...

What are you smoking? If you are self-employed, you pay the full 15%.

As a result, the marginal return of your (pretax) Social Security contributions ranges from 60% down to 15% in order to give a tax free windfall to those who paid little or nothing into the system. In essence, Social Security is a welfare program for the elderly disguised as a legitimate retirement program.

And why is that a bad thing?

It is still true that no good deed goes unpunished, but the narrative that businesses are all bad and employees are all good is right up there with unicorns and space aliens.
Yep!

But remember, since they "didn't build that" and they're all "rich" and "greedy" 'n stuff, no price for them to pay is too steep.

It is still true that no good deed goes unpunished, but the narrative that businesses are all bad and employees are all good is right up there with unicorns and space aliens.
Yep!

But remember, since they "didn't build that" and they're all "rich" and "greedy" 'n stuff, no price for them to pay is too steep.

More whiny business owners complaining they are so put upon.

Yep! But remember, since they "didn't build that" and they're all "rich" and "greedy" 'n stuff, no price for them to pay is too steep.
See?

Yep! But remember, since they "didn't build that" and they're all "rich" and "greedy" 'n stuff, no price for them to pay is too steep.
See?

Yup, I'm a big meanie making you cry. We got that.

I think a lot of us are just tired of the job creators whining all the time, demanding all sorts of tax breaks, and then not actually producing any jobs.

See?

Yup, I'm a big meanie making you cry. We got that.

I think a lot of us are just tired of the job creators whining all the time, demanding all sorts of tax breaks, and then not actually producing any jobs.
Funny, you'll never see me in the Automotive Forum, telling people how to rebuild a transmission.

That's because I don't know shit about rebuilding transmissions.

Such intellectual restrictions don't hold you back, that's for sure.

Funny, you'll never see me in the Automotive Forum, telling people how to rebuild a transmission.

Again, your side doesn't get to lecture the rest of us on economics after 2008.

We did everything your guys said to do, and it was a flaming bag of dogshit on our front porch.

Again, your side doesn't get to lecture the rest of us on economics after 2008.

We did everything your guys said to do, and it was a flaming bag of dogshit on our front porch.
You still haven't even figured out that I'm neither a Republican nor a conservative.

Your little binary worldview prohibits such intellectual elasticity.

The fact remains, you simply don't know what you're talking about, but that doesn't stop you.

You still haven't even figured out that I'm neither a Republican nor a conservative.

The fact remains, you simply don't know what you're talking about, but that doesn't stop you.

Naw, guy, i just find your schtick that you are a sensible liberal who is just shocked about how the PC Police are keeping you down a little laughable.

Just as laughable as teh notion that "businesses" create jobs. No, what creates jobs is not capital or businesses, it's CONSUMER DEMAND.

It's why we enjoyed our greatest prosperity when the union movement was at its strongest. Working people had money and they spent it.

I give you an example. YOu can start a business selling shit sandwiches. You can buy the shit and the bread and get the most advanced shit spreading machines to make your sandwiches, but no matter how clever you think you are, you will go out of business.

Because no one wants to buy a shit sandwich.

Naw, guy, i just find your schtick that you are a sensible liberal who is just shocked about how the PC Police are keeping you down a little laughable.

Just as laughable as teh notion that "businesses" create jobs. No, what creates jobs is not capital or businesses, it's CONSUMER DEMAND.

It's why we enjoyed our greatest prosperity when the union movement was at its strongest. Working people had money and they spent it.

I give you an example. YOu can start a business selling shit sandwiches. You can buy the shit and the bread and get the most advanced shit spreading machines to make your sandwiches, but no matter how clever you think you are, you will go out of business.

Because no one wants to buy a shit sandwich.
Show some balls. Start a business. Take a risk. Put yourself out there.

Get back to me in three years, and we'll chat.

Full disclosure: I know that's not gonna happen.

How easy that must be.

How easy that must be.

Actually, I started a business six years ago. 2016 is going to be my best year yet.

But here's the funny thing. The mean old PC Police haven't bothered me a bit. Neither has the mean old Government.

How easy that must be.

Actually, I started a business six years ago. 2016 is going to be my best year yet.
And it's your sole source of income? I remember you talking about "going to HR".

How many employees?

FICA rates in 2016 are 7.6% for both worker and employer. 6.2 for SS and 1.45 for Medicare. What's the point here?

Health Myths hates the idea that old people are getting a better deal from the government than from big corporations cheating them on an insurance policy and a 401K.

That is simply stupid.

The people who are collecting S.S. today paid into the program.

As much as I think it is a mess, I would never take it from them.

How do big corporations cheat you on a 401 K ?

Pray tell.

I am curious as to what amount people think employers pay into SS/Medicare

As an employer, I can tell you we pay zero. We calculate it into the salary we pay you. The idea we pay half and you pay half is government lying to you. If you don't provide enough value to cover all our costs of paying you ... we shit can you ... And that's on you, not us. You weren't worth the cost

Very true

Employers make a profit off of EVERY employee.

Forum List

Back