A poll.. what percent does your employer contribute to SS/Medicare?

What is the combined % payment an employer pays on behalf of employee for SS/Medicare?

• 0% Employers don't pay anything!

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • 2%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4.2%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 7.6%

Votes: 17 85.0%

• Total voters
Very true

Employers make a profit off of EVERY employee.

Otherwise those employees wouldn't be there.

It's almost as if these RWers have this notion in their little pea brains that employers are being magnanimous by giving workers jobs.

It is part of conservative dogma

No poor person ever gave me a job

Employers make a profit off of every employee and it is the employees who are creating wealth and having less and less to show for it

They do?

Where did you hear THAT one?

Why would any employer keep someone who they are losing money on?
Because support staff becomes a necessary element and cost to the business as the business.

A janitor doesn't create revenue. It could be argued, I suppose, that a dirty office costs the company revenue, but that's reaching into silly-ville.
A human resources assistant doesn't create revenue. Same as above, some indirect benefit could be claimed, but the fact is they are a necessary fixed cost.

And, of course, one employee or one department or one unit not making a profit is not cause for deletion if they fit into the overall business picture, or if it's possible that they will make a profit in the future.

Amazon.com went YEARS without a profit as a BUSINESS.

Basic stuff.

They do?

Because support staff becomes a necessary element and cost to the business as the business.

A janitor doesn't create revenue. It could be argued, I suppose, that a dirty office costs the company revenue, but that's reaching into silly-ville.
A human resources assistant doesn't create revenue. Same as above, some indirect benefit could be claimed, but the fact is they are a necessary fixed cost.

And, of course, one employee or one department or one unit not making a profit is not cause for deletion if they fit into the overall business picture, or if it's possible that they will make a profit in the future.

Basic stuff.

They all create revenue

Janitor doesn't create revenue? Try running a business overrun with rats

You don't need an employee, you get rid of him. Happens all the time

They do?

Basic stuff.

They all create revenue

As I predicted.

They do?

Basic stuff.

They all create revenue

Please tell us how support staff generate revenue... this oughtta be good.

They do?

Basic stuff.

They all create revenue

No, I think we've learned something today.

I'm gonna call my +/- 90 business owner clients and inform them that their janitors are a revenue source and profit center.

I think they'll appreciate the chuckle.

Last edited:
And it's your sole source of income? I remember you talking about "going to HR".

How many employees?

why do you care?
As I recall, you do resume writing, or something like that.

As I recall, you don't have to meet a payroll, or pay for office space and other fixed costs, or utilities or social security or Worker's Compensation or inventory or insurance or human resources or support or the costs of regulations, or what it's like to risk everything, put it all on the line and make a business work from scratch.

If that's the case, I'm just more than happy to reiterate that you don't know what you're talking about, and that you're completely out of your league here.

If I'm wrong about your business, let me know.

Last edited:

As I recall, you don't have to meet a payroll, or pay for office space and other fixed costs, or utilities or social security or Worker's Compensation or inventory or insurance or human resources or support or the costs of regulations.

If that's the case, I'm just more than happy to reiterate that you don't know what you're talking about, and that you're completely out of your league here.

As I recall, you are a whiny, snivelly...

Point is, I do have fixed costs- Advertising, utilities, phone, and yes, even though I could cheat like a bastard on my taxes, I don't. I report every penny of my earnings and expenses.

But I do notice that you avoided my point. If you had no consumer demand, you wouldn't have a business. Period.

You have consumer demand when the majority of us who AREN'T business owners have good paying jobs and buy things.

As I recall, you don't have to meet a payroll, or pay for office space and other fixed costs, or utilities or social security or Worker's Compensation or inventory or insurance or human resources or support or the costs of regulations.

As I recall, you are a whiny, snivelly...

Point is, I do have fixed costs- Advertising, utilities, phone, and yes, even though I could cheat like a bastard on my taxes, I don't. I report every penny of my earnings and expenses.

But I do notice that you avoided my point. If you had no consumer demand, you wouldn't have a business. Period.

You have consumer demand when the majority of us who AREN'T business owners have good paying jobs and buy things.
Huh? I haven't been talking about consumer demand. Always a good sign when you folks move the goalposts like that.

Look, there's no law that says you have to know what you're talking about. Keep tossing it out, it's fun to point at.

Huh? I haven't been talking about consumer demand. Always a good sign when you folks move the goalposts like that.

Look, there's no law that says you have to know what you're talking about. Keep tossing it out, it's fun to point at.

Go back and read my posts about the shit sandwiches, I think I settled your issue about how you guys are legends in your own minds there.

The reality is, most people do not go to a business becuase the guy running it is so brilliant. They go there because they need a good or service. And most people don't work hard for a business because their boss is soooooo smart. quite the opposite, most people do a darned good job despite truly awful bosses.

If you weren't such a malignant narcissist, you'd probably realize this.

Go back and read my posts about the shit sandwiches, I think I settled your issue about how you guys are legends in your own minds there.

The reality is, most people do not go to a business becuase the guy running it is so brilliant. They go there because they need a good or service. And most people don't work hard for a business because their boss is soooooo smart. quite the opposite, most people do a darned good job despite truly awful bosses.

If you weren't such a malignant narcissist, you'd probably realize this.
I absolutely believe that you absolutely believe all of that.

See? We can agree!

They do?

Basic stuff.

They all create revenue

You mean those worthless people that don't actually "do" anything?

Much like the military where only 20% do the actual fighting, they still rely on a support structure to keep them fighting

Same thing in business......you don't need them, you fire them

They do?

Basic stuff.

They all create revenue

I'm gonna call my +/- 90 business owner clients and inform them that their janitors are a revenue source and profit center.

Good idea

Why don't you tell them to fire them and see what their profit is at the end of the year

They do?

Basic stuff.

They all create revenue

You mean those worthless people that don't actually "do" anything?

Much like the military where only 20% do the actual fighting, they still rely on a support structure to keep them fighting

Same thing in business......you don't need them, you fire them

You obviously lack a very basic understanding of business... but then, you're a lib. And nobody said anything about worthless. Hell. we could get rid of our receptionist and just go automated, but it isn't the way I want to go. We don't have a janitor, we have a cleaning service, same thing. You suggesting the cleaning service is a revenue generator?

Basic stuff.

They all create revenue

Good idea

Why don't you tell them to fire them and see what their profit is at the end of the year

Perhaps you can again tell how the loss of a janitor will impact profits.

Forum List

Back