A question about the upcoming movie "Atomic Blonde" with Charlize Theron...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
I have watched several of the trailers and I have to ask this question......is there any action in the movie they haven't already shown in the trailer? Is this going to be the case where everything you might have been interested in seeing has already been shown in the trailer?

I have watched several of the trailers and I have to ask this question......is there any action in the movie they haven't already shown in the trailer? Is this going to be the case where everything you might have been interested in seeing has already been shown in the trailer?

I'm guessing there will be plenty. It's an action movie. What makes you think the only action sequences would be the ones already shown in the trailers?

go see it and report back to us....

No.....not interested........ if they are going to make a movie about a man who is a spy, they should use a man...... this movie essentially turns her into a man.....

I'm guessing there will be plenty. It's an action movie. What makes you think the only action sequences would be the ones already shown in the trailers?

Well...there are a lot of them in the trailers......then you have to have dialogue, a story, and scenery......

It is sort of like movie comedies, where they use all the actual funny material in the trailer....

It is sort of like movie comedies, where they use all the actual funny material in the trailer....

Well, it's certainly possible all of the good action is in the trailers, but I can't imagine it's all of the action. :p

No.....not interested........ if they are going to make a movie about a man who is a spy, they should use a man...... this movie essentially turns her into a man.....
I like some movies that have a female kicking ass. The resident evil series comes to mind.

Siguorney Weaver in the Alien movies. Uma Thurman in Kill Bill. Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow. There have been some good ones. :)

I like some movies that have a female kicking ass. The resident evil series comes to mind.

Yes...but it wasn't her acting like a man....if you know what I am saying.

Other than beating people up, how does the movie make her act like a man? I didn't get that sort of vibe from the trailers.

Not exactly, but I'm assuming that the character in the original story was a man, and the movie is making that character a woman. I am not really familar with Atomic Blonde, so I don't know.

A few years back there were some perhaps hypothetically talking about making the next Bond a female. I don't know if I would be okay with that or not. Probably not, but maybe a good director could pull it off.

Other than beating people up, how does the movie make her act like a man? I didn't get that sort of vibe from the trailers.

She has sex with the hot chick....she smokes like a chimney.....this role could just as easily have been played by a guy....

I think the problem with this trailer thing.......they pulled a fast one when she was in Mad Max....they brought most people in to see Mad Max....and they got Charlize Theron as the lead....so now they have her front lining the movie, so they are really trying hard to sell her as the action star...

She has sex with the hot chick....she smokes like a chimney.....this role could just as easily have been played by a guy....

I think the problem with this trailer thing.......they pulled a fast one when she was in Mad Max....they brought most people in to see Mad Max....and they got Charlize Theron as the lead....so now they have her front lining the movie, so they are really trying hard to sell her as the action star...
Call me weird, but smoking is a big turnoff for me. Can't blame her too much for going for the hot chick, I would too.

LOL......wow....if you think this movie is about a man......
iu

You should get your eyes checked......

or more likely- just your bigotry.

I think we all know what you are saying.

iu

She has sex with the hot chick....she smokes like a chimney.....this role could just as easily have been played by a guy.......

Because.....guys smoke.....?

Yeah- the role could have been played by a guy- except then you would have been complaining about the guy dressing in the skimpy women's clothes......

What the hell is your problem with women in movies?

I'll be happy to report my opinion after 1) seeing the IMDB reviews and 2) seeing it six months later on a Netflix DVD if it's rated 6.5 or higher. Other than that, why should I care what people invest in?

It's just a movie. Why does it bother you that a woman is the lead?

Forum List

Back