A question for Dems about the TEA Party

All good. How's it add up? (that's a number, by the way)

Military statistics don't reveal the exact yearly cost of operating the overseas facilities, but an estimate from Foreign Policy in Focus puts it at approximately $250 billion (roughly 1/3rd of the military budget). How does this compare to other parts of the U.S. federal budget? When combined, the "big government regulators" at the EPA, CPSC, NRC and OSHA receive 1/23rd as much. Annual aid to all countries in Latin America and the Caribbean totals less than 1/59th of this cost.
US Labor Against the War*:*THE COST OF U.S. OVERSEAS MILITARY BASES

Add that $125 billion with the hundreds of billions from the closing down/restructuring of all the unnecessary Cabinet Departments (Education, Commerce, Energy, Homeland Security, HUD, Agriculture).

Add in $70 billion in foreign aid...

$3 Billion to the UN

Now we're getting somewhere...

No argument. Just nowhere near enough to balance to avoid tax increases. Therein lies the rub.

Are you seeing?

Your better than halfway there and we still haven't talked about a DIME of the over $1 TRILLION we spend on welfare, or the $140 billion at the Department of Labor.

We can also discuss THIS...
http://www.npr.org/blogs/money/2012/04/03/149849837/-1-trillion-in-tax-loopholes

Another trillion there...

Last edited:
Ahhh. Then you're saying there are no patriots on the left...because they want OTHER people to sacrifice, not themselves.

Liberals are very generous. They'll give you the shirt off someone else's back.

The last true patriots were those Americans who fought for civil rights
No..The last true patriots were statesmen and not politicians.
Long ago.

Civil Rights protesters fought against terrorism and a government denying basic human rights

True American patriots......Tea Baggers are just pretenders in silly hats

The last true patriots were those Americans who fought for civil rights
Long ago.

Civil Rights protesters fought against terrorism and a government denying basic human rights

So, the Democratic Party, as represented by Barack Obama, is supporting terrorism by the Muslim Brotherhood, and denying basic human rights by removing people's choice to purchase health insurance or not.

Democrats aren't patriots, then, are they?

Long ago.

So, the Democratic Party, as represented by Barack Obama, is supporting terrorism by the Muslim Brotherhood, and denying basic human rights by removing people's choice to purchase health insurance or not.

OMG...I've been daved!

Comparing buying health insurance to being lynched in the middle of the night

Long ago.

True American patriots
......Tea Baggers are just pretenders in silly hats

Oh, you mean people like George and Mitt Romney, right?

No, real patriots like John Lewis and Jesse Jackson

Men who put their asses on the line for freedom

True American patriots
......Tea Baggers are just pretenders in silly hats

So being a civil rights protester isn't enough to earn the title of patriot, you have to be the RIGHT KIND of civil rights protester?

OMG...I've been daved!

Sorry, dood -- you called those who support the terrorists in the Muslim Brotherhood "patriots".

Well, in fairness, they might be...but just not patriotic towards America.

So being a civil rights protester isn't enough to earn the title of patriot, you have to be the RIGHT KIND of civil rights protester?

I'll guarantee he doesn't count George Romney:

How (George) Romney Championed Civil Rights and Challenged His Church - Edward J. Blum and Paul Harvey - The Atlantic

romney-march.jpg

OMG...I've been daved!

Sorry, dood -- you called those who support the terrorists in the Muslim Brotherhood "patriots".

Daveman can't stop daving

Of course everyone knows Obama doesn't support the Muslim Brotherhood....but it is a good way to divert a thread

Alinsky has taught you well Comrade Dave

How (George) Romney Championed Civil Rights and Challenged His Church - Edward J. Blum and Paul Harvey - The Atlantic

romney-march.jpg

Let me guess....it was Mitt who made the signs

OMG...I've been daved!

Daveman can't stop daving

Of course everyone knows Obama doesn't support the Muslim Brotherhood....but it is a good way to divert a thread

Alinsky has taught you well Comrade Dave

You've made an attempt to learn your lessons, but you SUCK at lying -- which is strange, since you get so much practice.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/23/opinion/roger-cohen-working-with-the-muslim-brotherhood.html?_r=0
Perhaps the most radical change in U.S. foreign policy under President Obama has occurred here in Egypt, where the Muslim Brotherhood, long shunned as a collection of dangerous Islamist extremists, is now the de facto object of American support.​
Biden Admits Obama is Arming Muslim Brotherhood to Take Over Syria
That Obama is arming and training, directly or indirectly, the Syrian rebels, would be an important revelation in and of itself. Biden’s dismissal of the UN, after years of Democratic whining about Bush’s unilateralism, should also excite comment, but most significantly Biden admits that our view of who should get them derives from the view of Turkey’s Islamist government and Saudi Arabia’s even more Islamist regime. Saudi Arabia is as bad as Pakistan and Turkey is being run by an Islamist party that is backing the Muslim Brotherhood to take over Syria. Both consider Hamas a legitimate group, and yet Obama has decided to make his plan for regime change in Syria subservient to what the Saudi and Turkish lobbies tell him to do.

This is near confirmation that Obama is arming and training the Muslim Brotherhood to take over Syria.​
Obama Prepares Huge Bailout for Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt
The Obama administration is close to finalizing a massive $1-billion bailout for the increasingly totalitarian Muslim Brotherhood regime ruling over Egypt, according to U.S. government officials cited in news reports.​

Reality once again kicks RW's ass.

romney-march.jpg

Yup. I was right. You can't acknowledge a conservative's work for civil rights.

I don't think anybody here has said an unkind word about George. it's his worthless piece of trash son.

I don't think anybody here has said an unkind word about George. it's his worthless piece of trash son.

JoeB, but he's 'special' like that...

Too bad you're not as harsh with his ilk as you are with Mitt Romney.

And before you accuse me, go find ANY post of mine that ever flattered the man. He was ALWAYS my LAST choice as the nominee, and he DIDN'T get my vote.

Forum List

Back