A Speech my Cousin will read in Highschool Tomorrow about Guns

Over all a good job.

Nice Hi-Point 9mm in your avatar. I used to have one. Cheap pistol, one step above a throw down, but a decent shooter for the price.

As far as the OP goes, decent speech.

It ain't cheap. Just in-expensive. If you have a problem with it, you are more than welcome to send me $1,500 to buy something else.

Last edited:
I guess Obama shouldn't read from teleprompters then, since he didn't write the speech?

Silly, if you fully understand what you've done, then you've learned something, and he even went out and educated others. This is a great country, people can still learn and and impart their knowledge to others without restriction.

Not to mention, he asked me for help, because we both discuss this topic daily.

When I was in High School, we were expected to write our own speeches and do our own work

We used to call it personal responsibility

Congratulations on your A+, you earned it
Your cousin didn't
can you prove that the 17 yr old didn't write the speech shit sucker ?? and can you refute the historical facts of said speech ??

Coincidence that it hits on every talking point 2ndamendment has been posting for the last two weeks? That it is written in his choppy grammar?

Plagarism......the mark of a true scholar

What he claims to be history is pure bullshit. Its not his historical claims but his bizarre historical interpretations

Last edited:
Over all a good job.

Nice Hi-Point 9mm in your avatar. I used to have one. Cheap pistol, one step above a throw down, but a decent shooter for the price.

I have a Hi-Point .45ACP, and for the money the Hi Point is the best pistol I own, and I own two 9mm Sigs, and .45's by both Colt and Taures. Bought the Hi Point for $289.00 brand new, more than a third less than the price of the new Sig I bought and more than half less than the used sig, and new Colt and Taures I have. I have fired over 2,000 rds through it with jams being few and far between and it has maintained it's accuracy to this day. Does it's job well, no better no worse, than guns triple it's price. All in all a fine firearm from a company that stands behind it's products 100%.

Over all a good job.

I have a Hi-Point .45ACP, and for the money the Hi Point is the best pistol I own, and I own two 9mm Sigs, and .45's by both Colt and Taures. Bought the Hi Point for $289.00 brand new, more than a third less than the price of the new Sig I bought and more than half less than the used sig, and new Colt and Taures I have. I have fired over 2,000 rds through it with jams being few and far between and it has maintained it's accuracy to this day. Does it's job well, no better no worse, than guns triple it's price. All in all a fine firearm from a company that stands behind it's products 100%.

I have both the 9mm and 45 from Hi-Point. Close to 2k rounds through the 9mm and about 500 through the 45 with no jams in either one.

The only draw back to either is that they are bulky and unless you are a bigger person, it may be difficult to carry one concealed, especially the 45.

I have no problem carrying the 9mm concealed.

I have both the 9mm and 45 from Hi-Point. Close to 2k rounds through the 9mm and about 500 through the 45 with no jams in either one.

The only draw back to either is that they are bulky and unless you are a bigger person, it may be difficult to carry one concealed, especially the 45.

I would attribute the few jams I did have to ammunition issues, cheap Russian ammo, rather than to the weapon. My sister, on my recommendation, bought the 9mm, she wanted one of her own and was limited to what she had to spend. When we picked it up we took it to my house and fired it, jammed numerous times right from the start. Figured it was a magazine issue. Went back to dealer they gave us new magazine, few hundred rounds later, not a problem to be found.

I'm kind of embarrassed you are setting up your cousin for such humiliation.

My seventeen year old cousin asked me for advice. His AP history class is going to have a series of debates and speeches in class concerning the right to bear arms. I helped him write the following speech:

Another such example, are the executives of private companies, using armed force, against unarmed members of Unions were striking. Many also question if the United States government would have detained and imprisoned the Japanese people in concentration camps had the Japanese been a gun possessing people.

No, nobody questions that at all. If a Japanese American shot a white person trying to execute a lawful order to evacuate them, all hell would have broken loose. Jesus Christ, man, look at some of the propaganda against the Japanese at that time, they were portrayed as sub-human.

Unfortunately, the worst examples, are found in global history, when entire minorities have been genocided by their government. The best known example, are the Jewish people of Germany. Hitler had moved immediately to disarm the Jewish people, and other undesirables in Germany. What followed shortly after, was the Holocaust. Everyone can agree, that had Jews been armed during the reign Hitler, that they would have been able to avert such a tragedy, or at the very least, been able to escape Germany before so many millions were killed.

This is another misinterpretation. Under the Nazi Regime, gun laws for most Germans were LOOSENED. The Weimar Government attempted to control the fueding political factions by disarming them. When the Nazis got into power, it made it easier for your average German to get a gun.

And again, a few armed men fighting tanks and planes of people who already were intent on killing them eventually? Yeah, that would have worked out well.

It is also well known, that Stalin of the Soviet Union, and Mao of Communist China, and brutal dictators all throughout the 20th century, had disarmed their politically opposed minorities, and genocided over 350 million people total in the 20th Century.

Besides your numbers being sort of laughable- the reality was that all sides in Russia and China were very well armed. The end result of Civil Wars following World Wars. In fact, the goal of the Truman Administration in the post-war China was to try to get all sides to disarm because there were so many damned weapons in play, either through what all sides had been armed with by the allies or all the weapons the Japanese were kind enough to leave behind. Post War China was a powder keg waiting for a match.

However, there is one stellar example of the Second Amendment actually being used to overthrow tyrannical government. In 1946, in the city of Athens, Tennessee, the State government machine would send the police to the voting places, seize the ballot boxes, and bring them to the jailhouses, in order rig the election in favor of Democrats. The people of Tennessee had been petitioning the federal government for a decade, but FDR, a Democrat, wanted the State government to continue rigging the elections, in order to ensure that the State of Tennessee produced Democratic Senators and Congressman.

Oh, that again. Did you leave out the part where after the drunks shot up the jail and got the ballots counted in their favor, they utterly failed to produce a lasting political movement and the regular politicians were back in power within a year.

Now, let us turn our attention away from government tyranny, and discuss the effect of the Second Amendment in relation to everyday crime. It can be easily seen, with a simple internet search, that every State that has little or no restrictions on firearms, such as Vermont and Utah, have the lowest crime and murder rates in the United States. Whereas, the states and cities that have the strictest gun control laws, are the opposite, such as Chicago, Detroit and Rochester.

This, of course, is cherry picking. Of course cities have a higher homicide numbers because they have higher concentrations of people.

As, previously mentioned, countries like the UK, are UNITARY governments. The variance in local laws are microscopic in those places. Moderate differences in law are only seen between rural and urban regions in a unitary government.

The UK had 47 gun murders last year compared to our 11,000.

Guy, you are just rehashing your own tired arguments and you are all over the map. Arguments that were not only trashed by liberals but by some conservatives. You aren't really doing this kid any favors by sending him out with a rambling speech.

Most important thing about writing a paper like this is

1) Get your facts and figures right.
2) Focus on one or two things.
3) Produce a coherent narrative.

I would attribute the few jams I did have to ammunition issues, cheap Russian ammo, rather than to the weapon. My sister, on my recommendation, bought the 9mm, she wanted one of her own and was limited to what she had to spend. When we picked it up we took it to my house and fired it, jammed numerous times right from the start. Figured it was a magazine issue. Went back to dealer they gave us new magazine, few hundred rounds later, not a problem to be found.

So was she shooting at bad guys or just likes to squeeze off a few hundred rounds for fun? :cuckoo:

So was she shooting at bad guys or just likes to squeeze off a few hundred rounds for fun? :cuckoo:

Squeezing off a few hundred rounds is a great way to relax, as well as keep your skills sharp.

I constantly shoot at ~25 to 40 feet, the range I would be shooting if I had to defend myself. At the end of dozen or so mags, I am awfully relaxed, especially if I have clusters at playing card or less and all in the magic line.. IE Spinal Column

Just did, copied and pasted the draft. We're going to augment it a little more. I''ll post the new version later. Yeah I'll beef up the KKK part.

Typos fixed btw.

If space allows might want to put in something about Calif and the Black civil rights movement's effect on gun control especially in CA. Nowadays in this nation the only way to win a politcal argument is to show how things effect minorities, especially blacks and homosexuals.

Black Panthers and Gun Control: The NRA's Flip Flop

The Panthers responded to racial violence by patrolling black neighborhoods brandishing guns -- in an effort to police the police. The fear of black people with firearms sent shockwaves across white communities, and conservative lawmakers immediately responded with gun-control legislation.

Then Gov. Ronald Reagan, now lauded as the patron saint of modern conservatism, told reporters in California that he saw "no reason why on the street today a citizen should be carrying loaded weapons." Reagan claimed that the Mulford Act, as it became known, "would work no hardship on the honest citizen." The NRA actually helped craft similar legislation in states across the country. Fast-forward to 2013, and it is a white-male dominated NRA, largely made up of Southern conservatives and gun owners from the Midwest and Southwestern states, that argues "do not tread on me" in the gun debate[/URL].

Thats right, when the Black Panthers were parading around LA with assualt rifles your boy Reagen was all about gun control.

Squeezing off a few hundred rounds is a great way to relax, as well as keep your skills sharp.

I constantly shoot at ~25 to 40 feet, the range I would be shooting if I had to defend myself. At the end of dozen or so mags, I am awfully relaxed, especially if I have clusters at playing card or less and all in the magic line.. IE Spinal Column

That's nice.

Just did, copied and pasted the draft. We're going to augment it a little more. I''ll post the new version later. Yeah I'll beef up the KKK part.

Typos fixed btw.

If space allows might want to put in something about Calif and the Black civil rights movement's effect on gun control especially in CA. Nowadays in this nation the only way to win a politcal argument is to show how things effect minorities, especially blacks and homosexuals.

Black Panthers and Gun Control: The NRA's Flip Flop

The Panthers responded to racial violence by patrolling black neighborhoods brandishing guns -- in an effort to police the police. The fear of black people with firearms sent shockwaves across white communities, and conservative lawmakers immediately responded with gun-control legislation.

Then Gov. Ronald Reagan, now lauded as the patron saint of modern conservatism, told reporters in California that he saw "no reason why on the street today a citizen should be carrying loaded weapons." Reagan claimed that the Mulford Act, as it became known, "would work no hardship on the honest citizen." The NRA actually helped craft similar legislation in states across the country. Fast-forward to 2013, and it is a white-male dominated NRA, largely made up of Southern conservatives and gun owners from the Midwest and Southwestern states, that argues "do not tread on me" in the gun debate[/URL].

Thats right, when the Black Panthers were parading around LA with assualt rifles your boy Reagen was all about gun control.

It is different when rednecks have the assault rifles......Its called patriotism

This is another misinterpretation. Under the Nazi Regime, gun laws for most Germans were LOOSENED. The Weimar Government attempted to control the fueding political factions by disarming them. When the Nazis got into power, it made it easier for your average German to get a gun.

The key phrase is "MOST GERMANS"

Anyone who was UNDESIRABLE that they planned to GENOCIDE was completely DISARMED. The very fact that you endorse the Nazi Gun Control policies makes you irrelevant for the rest of your life on these forums.

Also, that shit about urban population concentrations:

MURDER RATE is not the same as NUMBER OF MURDERS

Murder rate takes the proportion of murders to POPULATION. Chicago has one of the the worst RATES.

YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR

On the issue of civilians stopping mass shooting:

The reason no civilian has stopped a mass shooting, because if you prevent someone from performing a mass shooting, then no mass shooting had occurred, thus it doesn't' get reported in the news, because no one died, or only a small amount had died.

Once such instance is a mall in Oregon, where a legally armed civilian took out a potential mass murderer, who only managed to slaughter two civilians.

This is a complete untruth. I hope your cousin did not repeat this lie to his class.

The shooter in Oregon was stopped by his rifle jamming. He then ran back into Macy's and executed himself with another gun.

An armed civilian was present, but he did not shoot the shooter.

Last edited:

Anyone who was UNDESIRABLE that they planned to GENOCIDE was completely DISARMED. The very fact that you endorse the Nazi Gun Control policies makes you irrelevant for the rest of your life on these forums.

Murder rate takes the proportion of murders to POPULATION. Chicago has one of the the worst RATES.

YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR YOU ARE LIAR FASCIST LAIR

Oh look....^ a temper tantrum. :lol:

Keep in mind, that in order to to bar mentally ill people from buying a gun, there must be a NATIONAL REGISTRY of mentally ill people. Such a registry could be used to force mentally ill people to be sterilized. Later it could be used to force mentally ill people to be "euthanized." Also, since the government can decide who is mentally ill, and who is not, without evidence, it is most likely they would use this against anyone who could or has resisted them.

Slippery slope fallacy.

Are you in High School too?

Forum List

Back