A Step Closer to Death Panels

bigrednck...do you think that every medical procedure should be available to any American if they want it? Are you against ANY limits being drawn?

Do you think that a 99 year old woman with kidney failure on dialysis should receive a kidney transplant?

If not, why not? If so, why?

hutoxi what is the value of life? What price is the cut off?

I asked the question. I will not accept an answer in a form of a redirected question.

NO you responded to my question without answering it

How old are you? Are you in your 20's? early 30's? When you hit 60 you will be looking for anythiung that will help keep you alive. Young people think they will live forever and the old should die until it get close to their time.

Real men,like my Dad the former Marine Captain, do not "look for anything that will keep them alive".
He pulled allof the tubes out of his mouth last May at age 88. He had a living will that stated NO resusitation and the medical thief con artists hooked him up anyway.
Real men do not want life support or greedy hospitals and doctors getting rich off of the taxpayers when they are very old.
That is the damn problem. People want to keep Gramps and Granny alive at the government tit until 109 if they could.
And the medical industry growing at 18% again this year when GNP is at 2% growth are willing to oblige.
WAKE THE FUCK UP DUMBASS AMERICANS.

Your decision. Not yours to make for anyone else.

No it wasn't. IT WAS HIS DECISION.
Something about a living will written and notarized by Dad in 1992 and a DNR put in place at the hospital in Fort Myers that the Marine Captain had put in place in 1996.
Every Lee county hospital and the rehab center had that.
You are naive as hell if you do not know what is going on. The hospitals have to fill beds. They do this shit all the time.
And taxpayers, YOUR KIDS AND MINE, will have to pay.
News flash to the uninformed: We can not afford it and the current system is UNSUSTAINABLE.
Revere, why does a MD order rehab for Dad on May 15, 2010 when he was discharged to the nursing home? The good honest doctor ordered 4 hours a day OF FUCKING OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY at taxpayer expense for an 88 year old man. And another 4 hours a day of speech therapy.
Total bill to the taxpayers for that alone over 10 days was almost $14,000.00.
$150 an hour and Medicare paid it.
And you claim that the system is not cooked.
Real men and citizens do not rob the damn taxpayers. They go in peace, NOT hooked up to damn machines tokeep them alive.
We have become a nation of MILK WEAK PUSSIES.
I am glad Dad set the example for the leaders in my family. We stand up to the doctors and fight for the safety net of OUR KIDS AND GRANDKIDS.
It is immoral to borrow the $$ from the Chinks that oir grandkids have to pay for to further the life on a damn machine for a 88 year old man.
Thanks Dad, you taught us right.
You folks need to govern yourself accordingly, stand up and be counted.

Because it's not for you or anyone else to decide thats why.

I'm not saying that it is my place or anyone elses place to decide.

But it is my place to discuss all options, which ranges from full treatment and full resuscitation to comfort measures. I have encountered many people that never realized that they could choose the latter for any number of reasons.

You may not be aware of it but you are in facting making that statement.

But it is my place to discuss all options, which ranges from full treatment and full resuscitation to comfort measures.
Once you start talking death with old people it will start to show the affects. It's like a chain reaction.

Death is an inevitability.

Is it your opinion that when a 87 year old man with a history of heart disease and lung disease who is admitted to the hospital with a severe pneumonia, that the admitting doctor (who may never have met him) NOT ask him what he would like done in the event that he has cardiac arrest?

Most disturbing is the very folks that call for no government health care for any American under the age of 65 want BLANK CHECK government paid for health care for the elderly at taxpayers' expense.

THEY DEMAND IT but THEY do not want to pay for it.
Fucking hypocrites.

Most disturbing is the very folks that call for no government health care for any American under the age of 65 want BLANK CHECK government paid for health care for the elderly at taxpayers' expense.

THEY DEMAND IT but THEY do not want to pay for it.
Fucking hypocrites.

No it's you who is saying they want the government to pay for everything.

But it is my place to discuss all options, which ranges from full treatment and full resuscitation to comfort measures. I have encountered many people that never realized that they could choose the latter for any number of reasons.

But it is my place to discuss all options, which ranges from full treatment and full resuscitation to comfort measures.
Once you start talking death with old people it will start to show the affects. It's like a chain reaction.

Is it your opinion that when a 87 year old man with a history of heart disease and lung disease who is admitted to the hospital with a severe pneumonia, that the admitting doctor (who may never have met him) NOT ask him what he would like done in the event that he has cardiac arrest?

No, but that doctor should not be rated by government thus.

They believe they have the choice to blank check health care at unlimited infinity cost to the taxpayers.
Arrogance, naivety and greed beyond belief. Immoral to the core.

No, but that doctor should not be rated by government thus.

I don't understand what your statement means.

bigrednck...do you think that every medical procedure should be available to any American if they want it? Are you against ANY limits being drawn?

Do you think that a 99 year old woman with kidney failure on dialysis should receive a kidney transplant?

They believe they have the choice to blank check health care at unlimited infinity cost to the taxpayers.
Greed do you really want to talk about greed? Greed is a Trilklion and a half spending bill full of democratic pork.

Did Medicare tell her she could not get one, after paying into it for 70+ years?

Are you referring to the physicians?

I asked first
What value do you place on life? What is the cut off?

Did Medicare tell her she could not get one, after paying into it for 70+ years?

I don't know who told her she couldn't get one. But do you think that she SHOULD get one?

(We are no longer talking medications...we are talking about human kidneys which are in limited supply)

Real men,like my Dad the former Marine Captain, do not "look for anything that will keep them alive".
He pulled allof the tubes out of his mouth last May at age 88. He had a living will that stated NO resusitation and the medical thief con artists hooked him up anyway.
Real men do not want life support or greedy hospitals and doctors getting rich off of the taxpayers when they are very old.
That is the damn problem. People want to keep Gramps and Granny alive at the government tit until 109 if they could.
And the medical industry growing at 18% again this year when GNP is at 2% growth are willing to oblige.
WAKE THE FUCK UP DUMBASS AMERICANS.

Too many people in America are afraid of dying. There is a "keep him alive at all costs" attitude, even when there is no hope and no quality of life.

And with the overriding philosophy of never giving up and allowing death to occur ends up frigthening people into not being brave enough to make that decision...or families not brave enough to have that discussion.

There is not enough use of hospice...many people remain in pain and agony, going through useless and worthless treatment, much longer than is necessary. Why not live your final days or weeks in comfort, at home, with your family?

Let me tell you about the Hope Hospice in Fort Myers, Florida. This is exactly what they told me before Dad died. "We would like to be able to inform the families of terminally ill patients what they can do to make plans and the legal options available such as living wills and DNR orders but we have been accused of creating death panels"
Verbatim.
After 5 days and over 100K of the taxpayers $ WASTED, WITH A DNR ORDER IN PLACE, they finally unhooked Dad, the WWII Marine Captain on May 30, 2010 MEMORIAL DAY.
He died 5 minutes later LIKE HE WANTED TO AND HAD MADE PLANS TO DO SO.
The hospital and the doctors there were CROOKS.
I offered to pay the hospice the $200 they want to receive under the Obama bill,which was taken out with the preposterous "death panel" bull shit, and they refused any payment.
I am a Republican.
WAKE UP DUMBASS AMERICANS.

Forum List

Back