A Temporary Pause In All Immigration?

Do You Support A Temporary Pause In All Immigration

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's an idea floating around. Is our Immigration System in such disrepair that a temporary pause is necessary to reevaluate? What do you think?
Something like 10% of American docs are muslims, and I'm pretty sure they represent in Silicon Valley and other research centers .... so a total-temporary ban is ... dumb.

Muslim Doctors Abundant, But Muslim Hospitals Non-Existent

It would be temporary. Silicon Valley would have to understand and take one for the team. It's time to take a pause and then reboot. The System is broken.

It's an idea floating around. Is our Immigration System in such disrepair that a temporary pause is necessary to reevaluate? What do you think?
Something like 10% of American docs are muslims, and I'm pretty sure they represent in Silicon Valley and other research centers .... so a total-temporary ban is ... dumb.

Muslim Doctors Abundant, But Muslim Hospitals Non-Existent

It would be temporary. Silicon Valley would have to understand and take one for the team. It's time to take a pause and then reboot. The System is broken.

How is the system broken?

How is our immigration system in disrepair?

Look into it yourself. I'm sure you'll come to the same conclusion.

Its your assertion. Surely you can factually support it. Especially since this conclusion is the cornerstone of you entire argument

Like i said, look into it yourself. I won't try to sway you either way. Just do your own research and then decide.

Its your assertion. Surely you can factually support it. Especially since this conclusion is the cornerstone of you entire argument

Like i said, look into it yourself. I won't try to sway you either way. Just do your own research and then decide.

Like I said, you can't support your conclusion factually. Thus, your argument dependent on an unsupported assumption is invalid.

As there's no reason to pause all immigration.

Like I said, you can't support your conclusion factually. Thus, your argument dependent on an unsupported assumption is invalid.

That's your call. I just disagree. I think a temporary pause is a wise necessary move at this point. The System is clearly broken. It's time to take a hard honest look at it. A temporary pause will allow that to be possible. Pause, and then reboot.

Since Obama has opened the border, any pause would not work..

Well, i don't expect it to happen on his watch. I'm kinda looking forward past him. He's completely dismantled our Immigration System. So i know a neccessary action like a pause, won't happen on his watch.

That's your call. I just disagree. I think a temporary pause is a wise necessary move at this point. The System is clearly broken. It's time to take a hard honest look at it. A temporary pause will allow that to be possible. Pause, and then reboot.
You really think MD's and PhD's coming here pose some threat? Seriously?

Now if you'd taka a less knee jerk position and suggest that Homeland Security start doing social media searches on every person coming from at least a select number of countries ..... I'd probably agree.

And no, Silicon Valley would not understand. We are a market economy competing globally.

That's your call. I just disagree.

Obviously. What you lack is a reason why you disagree. And any evidence to support that reason.
So far your argument is that we should pause all immigration.....because you believe we should.

Not exactly compelling stuff.

I think a temporary pause is a wise necessary move at this point. The System is clearly broken. It's time to take a hard honest look at it. A temporary pause will allow that to be possible. Pause, and then reboot.

And why do you think the 'system is clearly broken'. If its 'clear', it should be remarkably easy to describe and back with evidence.

Now if you'd taka a less knee jerk position and suggest that Homeland Security start doing social media searches on every person coming from at least a select number of countries ..... I'd probably agree.

And no, Silicon Valley would not understand. We are a market economy competing globally.

It's such an awful mess. Only a temporary pause can give us the appropriate time to reevaluate and repair. Something's very wrong with the System. It can't go on like this.

It's such an awful mess. Only a temporary pause can give us the appropriate time to reevaluate and repair. Something's very wrong with the System. It can't go on like this.

How is it an 'awful mess'? So far your argument is remarkably circular. Its 'broken' because its a 'mess'. And its a 'mess' because its 'broken'.

There is nothing wrong with our policy of allowing skilled Muslim workers to come here. That is not broken. You are knee jerking your own irrational unsupported fear to .... orgasm or something.

How is it an 'awful mess'? So far your argument is remarkably circular. Its 'broken' because its a 'mess'. And its a 'mess' because its 'broken'.

I get it, you voted no. Fair enough, but i disagree.

But why do you disagree? That's where your argument breaks. You have an opinion....but you have nothing to back that opinion save its existence.

You believe the system is broken....because you believe the system is broken. Its an argument with no corners.

There is nothing wrong with our policy of allowing skilled Muslim workers to come here. That is not broken. You are knee jerking your own irrational unsupported fear to .... orgasm or something.

I support a temporary pause on all Immigration. Laws are not being enforced and it's a bureaucratic nightmare. Let's take a break and reassess.

I support a temporary pause on all Immigration. Laws are not being enforced and it's a bureaucratic nightmare. Let's take a break and reassess.
You have nothing, absolutely nothing, beyond the voices in your head that only speak to you.

I support a temporary pause on all Immigration.

Yes, but you have no reason for this support. It simply is. Like your opinion. It exists without any connection to evidence, facts, or the real world.

But why do you disagree? That's where your argument breaks. You have an opinion....but you have nothing to back that opinion save its existence.

You believe the system is broken....because you believe the system is broken. Its an argument with no corners.

I'm not arguing. Maybe that's why you're confused. You're ok with the status quo. I get it.

I'm not arguing. Maybe that's why you're confused. You're ok with the status quo. I get it.

More accurately, you have no argument. You have an opinion. And you have nothing backing that opinion but......opinion.

Its perfectly circular. And even you can't connect it to reality.

Forum List

Back