A Temporary Pause In All Immigration?

Do You Support A Temporary Pause In All Immigration

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's an idea floating around. Is our Immigration System in such disrepair that a temporary pause is necessary to reevaluate? What do you think?

Will you stop all tourism too? All foreign students? All business travel by foreigners in and out of the US?

Tourism is NOT immigration

Maybe you want to buy a dictionary

A terrorist can't come in as a tourist, disappear, and then show up later bombing something?

Prove it.

Not if we enforce our laws they can't

There was a temporary moratorium on immigration in the 1920s. It was done so that the current immigrants could assimilate and learn the American culture and become americans. It worked and would work again.
We have no obligation to allow every person from anywhere in the world to come into this country. We should be selective like every other country in the world, except some current European countries, and look what is happening to them.

It worked to do what in the '20's?

To give them time to assimilate and become part of America. To limit new citizens to a number that could be properly handled.
What if they dont want to assimilate but still become americans? I met a Portuguese woman yesterday that has been here for 50 years and she doesnt speak a lick of english.

Then she's too stupid to live here. We have enough with our stupid people yet alone having more come in.

There was a temporary moratorium on immigration in the 1920s. It was done so that the current immigrants could assimilate and learn the American culture and become americans. It worked and would work again.
We have no obligation to allow every person from anywhere in the world to come into this country. We should be selective like every other country in the world, except some current European countries, and look what is happening to them.

To give them time to assimilate and become part of America. To limit new citizens to a number that could be properly handled.
What if they dont want to assimilate but still become americans? I met a Portuguese woman yesterday that has been here for 50 years and she doesnt speak a lick of english.

Then she's too stupid to live here. We have enough with our stupid people yet alone having more come in.
Shes way smarter than you and a millionaire. If thats the case we should kick you out of the country.

We need to totally shut down our borders until we once again become an exclusively English speaking country again. .....

What the hell do you mean "again"?

Again as in you don't have to push "1" on your phone to speak the language of this country. Again where signs were written in one language--English. Again as when you go to vote your ballot is only written in one language. Again.

There have always been signs in some places in various languages, if not pressing a button to not hear another language is traumatic to you then you need to toughen up a little, and your little isolationist fantasy - a fantasy that's not going to happen - wouldn't change the Constitution.

Yes, signs in some places, but not all like it is today.

We have a group of people sneaking into our country, they are taking our jobs, working for peanuts, keeping wages down for real Americans. They are slowly turning our country into a bilingual nation, they are large enough in size to persuade some politicians to actually change our laws just for them because they don't have the intelligence to go by our laws.

You bet I'm going to object. Because this isn't immigration, it's an invasion. It's the single issue that keeps Trump on top of the Republican ticket. When foreigners invade a country, people do toughen up. They toughen up and fight back. We need to close our borders to everybody and throw the people who don't belong here out of our country. They don't belong here and have no rights to be here.

And that's why I'll support any candidate that share my views.

That's why dopes like you are so easily manipulated by any political hack who shouts the key words that make you respond like a trained poodle. There have been fearful idiots like you since the founding of the country, and there have always been opportunists ready to take advantage of such weakness.

What I'm saying is not weakness. Weakness is liberalism and why we now have a major problem in our country with immigrants--just like Europe.

Shes way smarter than you and a millionaire. If thats the case we should kick you out of the country.

Yeah, go move to a country where you can't communicate with anybody. That sounds real smart........only to a liberal.

It's an idea floating around. Is our Immigration System in such disrepair that a temporary pause is necessary to reevaluate? What do you think?

Will you stop all tourism too? All foreign students? All business travel by foreigners in and out of the US?

A terrorist can't come in as a tourist, disappear, and then show up later bombing something?

Prove it.

So are you banning tourism or not?

Wow you guys really don't know how the immigration system works.

Yeah, go move to a country where you can't communicate with anybody. That sounds real smart........only to a liberal.
The irony in your post probably escapes you. :laugh:

Is this because of the San bernadio shooting ? Cause the guy was an American!

You really think the wife in a hardcore muslim marriage was calling the shots ??

Again as in you don't have to push "1" on your phone to speak the language of this country. Again where signs were written in one language--English. Again as when you go to vote your ballot is only written in one language. Again.

There have always been signs in some places in various languages, if not pressing a button to not hear another language is traumatic to you then you need to toughen up a little, and your little isolationist fantasy - a fantasy that's not going to happen - wouldn't change the Constitution.

We have a group of people sneaking into our country, they are taking our jobs, working for peanuts, keeping wages down for real Americans. They are slowly turning our country into a bilingual nation, they are large enough in size to persuade some politicians to actually change our laws just for them because they don't have the intelligence to go by our laws.

You bet I'm going to object. Because this isn't immigration, it's an invasion. It's the single issue that keeps Trump on top of the Republican ticket. When foreigners invade a country, people do toughen up. They toughen up and fight back. We need to close our borders to everybody and throw the people who don't belong here out of our country. They don't belong here and have no rights to be here.

That's why dopes like you are so easily manipulated by any political hack who shouts the key words that make you respond like a trained poodle. There have been fearful idiots like you since the founding of the country, and there have always been opportunists ready to take advantage of such weakness.

What I'm saying is not weakness. ....

Being a slave to your fear is weakness, weakling.

Weakness is liberalism ...

So, you're a liberal? That explains a lot.

What if they dont want to assimilate but still become americans [sic]? I met a Portuguese woman yesterday that [sic] has been here for 50 years and she doesnt speak a lick of english [sic].

That is not true.

Prove it.

Did you miss the part where I said tourism is not immigration?

But then again I wouldn't care if we put a halt to it for a while until we can put enforcement practices in place so people cannot overstay their visas

Prove it.

But then again I wouldn't care if we put a halt to it for a while until we can put enforcement practices in place so people cannot overstay their visas

Does tourism get you into the country? Does immigration get you into the country?

Prove it.

Does tourism get you into the country? Does immigration get you into the country?

Tourism is not immigration words mean things and you can't change the definition at will Humpty Dumpty

humptytop.gif

"I don't know what you mean by 'glory'," Alice said.

Humpty Dumpty smiled contemptuously. "Of course you don't- till I tell you. I meant 'there's a nice knock-down argument for you!'"

"But 'glory' doesn't mean 'a nice knock-down argument'," Alice objected.

"When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean- neither more nor less."

"The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."

"The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master-that's all."

Alice was too much puzzled to say anything; so after a minute Humpty Dumpty began again. "They've a temper some of them- particularly verbs: they're the proudest- adjectives you can do anything with, but not verbs- however, I can manage the whole lot of them! Impenetrability! That's what I say!"

Prove it.

Enforcing Immigration Laws is an odd foreign concept to many Americans. They don't know any better. But it is time to restore the law and secure our border.

Prove it.

Sadly, i'd have to say yes. It would be temporary though. We desperately need a pause. The System is such a terrible mess.

Forum List

Back