A Texas-Sized Question: Herschel Walker getting tax break in 2022 on Texas home intended for primary residence

Thanks! This will be overturned as soon as it hits the courts as it is unconstitutional for a state to require anything beyond the qualifications specified in the Constitution.
It got us through the primary and general. I never heard a thing about it until the trump candidate moved in and planned to run. District was carved out of Nashville and surrounding to flip it from Democrat to Republican, but Tennesseans want and deserve to be represented by Tennesseans. Republican was elected and that's fine, but it was a TENNESSEE Republican, not some out of state drop in, carpet bagger, trump Republican.

It got us through the primary and general. I never heard a thing about it until the trump candidate moved in and planned to run. District was carved out of Nashville and surrounding to flip it from Democrat to Republican, but Tennesseans want and deserve to be represented by Tennesseans. Republican was elected and that's fine, but it was a TENNESSEE Republican, not some out of state drop in, carpet bagger, trump Republican.
Hello! I live in Tennessee also!

Herschel Walker was born in Augusta Georgia. He was raised in Georgia. He played football in H.S. and college in Georgia.
I think he's established his residency.
So....he's stuck being a GA resident no matter where he lives the rest of his life? Is that how it works?

If the State changes its residency laws wouldn’t that essentially accomplish what this bill attempts to do without violating the Constitution? So if Tennessee passes a law mandating that you live there 3 years before you can claim residency.
No, because the Constitution says resident, meaning you live there. I became a resident of my state recently by registering to vote registering and insuring my vehicles here, and have a driver's license from the state. The state has no right to tell me I cannot run for office.

Obama never ran an election on the level.
He had his competitor disqualified a couple of times....and he had an agreement with McCain and Romney to throw the race.....so this is all the left is doing.
They can't win fair and square.
Did someone mention twice elected Former President Obama?
1669260213595.png

Hello! I live in Tennessee also!
Dude! I though you lived in or near Louisville, Ky for some reason. I think it was TN 5th district, the one (about the only one) that had been consistently Dem for several years in Middle TN, until that district was redrawn and the Dem knew he couldn't win, as it include more county non-Nashville voters for a more average middle TN mix. It wasn't that he did a bad job, but he was not republican and you undoubtedly know the makeup of our legislature as well as I do. Bill let it go into law without his signature. Not sure why on that, but he generally knows what he's doing.

Dude! I though you lived in or near Louisville, Ky for some reason. I think it was TN 5th district, the one (about the only one) that had been consistently Dem for several years in Middle TN, until that district was redrawn and the Dem knew he couldn't win, as it include more county non-Nashville voters for a more average middle TN mix. It wasn't that he did a bad job, but he was not republican and you undoubtedly know the makeup of our legislature as well as I do. Bill let it go into law without his signature. Not sure why on that, but he generally knows what he's doing.
I did up until I retired in June. I live in Clarksville just outside Fort Campbell.

How can Herschel Walker represent Georgians when he doesn't even claim Georgia as his primary residence? He is not fit to serve, my friends!

If you stupid fucking commie knew anything about property taxes in TX, you'd know you only apply for a homestead exemption once and it automatically carries over from year to year as long as you own the property. If he didn't sell the property it would be really easy to overlook something like that. And that's exactly what you commie hypocrites would be saying if this were a commiecrat. So just FOAD.

No, because the Constitution says resident, meaning you live there. I became a resident of my state recently by registering to vote registering and insuring my vehicles here, and have a driver's license from the state. The state has no right to tell me I cannot run for office.
But the state gets to determine its requirements for residency.

How can Herschel Walker represent Georgians when he doesn't even claim Georgia as his primary residence? He is not fit to serve, my friends!

he won the heisman for Ga…Ga will always be his home

Trump tried to run in a chosen trump ringer for the newly carved out representative seat in TN, but the legislature and Governor quickly passed legislation requiring much longer residency if you want to represent Tennesseans. So either Geogia politics easily manipulated whether the one running is from that state or not or, maybe Walker is just another tax cheat.

Well, to be fair, Walker might think Texas is a district in Florida.

Does Walker still run those four hospitals like he claimed or is he on leave from his, ahem, duties?

So....he's stuck being a GA resident no matter where he lives the rest of his life? Is that how it works?
But but but…he’s a black dude…Lefties say he can loot and burn shit shit down without persecution…he can certainly cheat on his taxes…right?

Forum List

Back