🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

A Very Cool New Chevy

Build all the EV's that get charged up using electricity made from coal. Bunch of fucking hypocrites.

Not in my state it isn't.

Our one and only coal fired plant left in my state is being shut down. The shutdown stared in 2005 and should be done soon.

The electricity we use to recharge my husband's car comes mostly from water. Some from wind.

My state has a law that requires a certain amount of our electricity be generated from alternative power. We don't consider water alternative since hydro electricity has been around for 100 years.

Your state may still be slaves to dirty coal but not mine.

So I'm not a hypocrite.
Why do you lie so often? Oh, that's right, you're a liberal.

Deal shuts down state s last coal-fired power plant Local Regional Seattle News Weather Sports Breaking News KOMO News
SEATTLE (AP) — Washington's only coal-fired power plant will shut down one of two boilers by 2020 and phase out coal-burning entirely by 2025 under an agreement between TransAlta and environmental groups, according to a proposal released Saturday.

The Centralia plant accounts for 10 percent of the power generated in Washington, and lawmakers and state officials have worried about the stability of the electrical grid.

You're going to have to be more specific because your article says that the plant is being shut down. My post said the plant is being shut down.

You're not making much sense. Plus your article is 4 years old.

I think you're mistaken here in some weird attempt to call me a liar.

What did I post that's untrue?
I called you a liar because you're a liar. You said "We did shut down the coal plants. All but one are shut down and the last one is being shut down now."

In an effort to support your assertion. I can't understand anything for you, don't blame me if it doesn't make sense to you. The article doesn't say it's being shut down, it's active and in use today. Burning coal, in spite of the libtard effort to kill it and cost everyone a bundle in electrical costs so the smug liberal can drive around in their subsidized electric cars and feel good about themselves.

Centralia TransAlta
Centralia Coal Plant is Washington State’s largest baseload power source; the reliable and steady supply of power from our operations is essential for keeping the west-coast electrical grid stable. Centralia Coal Plant has a net capacity of 1,340 megawatts.

The facility is a merchant plant, which means that costs such as environmental upgrades cannot be passed on to customers. TransAlta has invested more than US$300 million in pollution control technology at Centralia Plant, including scrubbers and low nitrogen dioxide burners. Today, the facility is one of the cleanest coal-fired power plants in North America.

Fuel for Centralia Plant is delivered by train from the Powder River Basin in the U.S. Midwest. The plant’s coal unloading facility is considered one of the most efficient and environmentally friendly in North America.

On a side note, the libs shut down two nuclear plants, one almost built to completion at Satsop. You can't make these people happy.

Again, you're a liar. This time I'm not going to be polite about it.

No liberal shut that plant down. In fact, it was liberal governor Dixie Lee Ray who proposed the project, got it through the state congress and had those 5 nuclear power plants built. Either you have a very bad memory or you weren't here in the late 70s and early 80s. Most of the 5 WPPSS nuclear power plants defaulted on the bonds and went bankrupt in the early 80s. All of them were shut down. I think the clean up is still happening at Hanford.

Satsop was one of them. Huge cost overruns caused WPPSS to default on the bonds and the whole thing collapsed. At the time it was the biggest municipal bond failure ever. The state abandoned the plant around 25 years ago. Not one liberal stopped this or had that plant shut down.

Last I heard, Stasop is being turned into a business park. I don't know if it actually happened.

Why do you have to lie about everything?

What is "whoops" and how did it come to refer to one of the biggest municipal bond defaults in history?

Here's the paragraph that has to do with what happened:

The biggest problems were endemic cost overruns, sloppy management and outright idiocy. An example of WPPSS's problems involved a pipe hanger, essentially a bracket to hold pipes in place, that was redesigned and rebuilt no less than 17 times, costing more with each revision. Contractors, long accustomed to government efficiency, overcharged and under-delivered in almost every category. This caused safety inspectors to call for more stringent rules, which were implemented mid-construction by the Nuclear Regulatory Commission. As a result of the tougher regulations, much of what had been built needed to be torn down and redesigned.

Dana is from Washington State.
Dana. I must say I have an issue with a major car manufacturer making cars to be sold in all the States not just yours. That's where the problem is.
The VAST majority of the EV cars is they will be sold/driven in states that use coal to generate the electricity to run them. So ironically 90%+ of these cars will increase demand for coal.
Not to mention the amount of coal needed to power the plants that manufacture the cars.

No liberal shut that plant down. In fact, it was liberal governor Dixie Lee Ray who proposed the project, got it through the state congress and had those 5 nuclear power plants built.

Dixie Lee Ray....there's a name I haven't heard in 35 years....spent most of a year up in Spokane with my wife back in '77-'78...miserable city, miserable area full of canucks and old hippies. We did enjoy going over to Idaho lakes and the fishing was unreal. What I remember about Dixie was the claim there was no state income tax....total lie. And the tax was based on GROSS revenue, not net. Would have cost me a bundle finding that out the hard way....I don't remember ever paying them a dime of it....I'm probably still wanted by the law up there. :badgrin:

Last edited:
On a side note, the libs shut down two nuclear plants, one almost built to completion at Satsop. You can't make these people happy.

No liberal shut that plant down. In fact, it was liberal governor Dixie Lee Ray who proposed the project, got it through the state congress and had those 5 nuclear power plants built. Either you have a very bad memory or you weren't here in the late 70s and early 80s. Most of the 5 WPPSS nuclear power plants defaulted on the bonds and went bankrupt in the early 80s. All of them were shut down. I think the clean up is still happening at Hanford.

Satsop was one of them. Huge cost overruns caused WPPSS to default on the bonds and the whole thing collapsed. At the time it was the biggest municipal bond failure ever. The state abandoned the plant around 25 years ago. Not one liberal stopped this or had that plant shut down.

Last I heard, Stasop is being turned into a business park. I don't know if it actually happened.

Why do you have to lie about everything?

What is "whoops" and how did it come to refer to one of the biggest municipal bond defaults in history?

Here's the paragraph that has to do with what happened:

The biggest problems were endemic cost overruns, sloppy management and outright idiocy. An example of WPPSS's problems involved a pipe hanger, essentially a bracket to hold pipes in place, that was redesigned and rebuilt no less than 17 times, costing more with each revision. Contractors, long accustomed to government efficiency, overcharged and under-delivered in almost every category. This caused safety inspectors to call for more stringent rules, which were implemented mid-construction by the Nuclear Regulatory Commission. As a result of the tougher regulations, much of what had been built needed to be torn down and redesigned.
Yep, tougher regulations, brought about by the libs. They regulated it to death. Cost over runs are common and it hasn't stopped jack shit if the left wants it. Look at the Bertha tunnel or whatever the name is.

I started a sign business in '85, one of my first jobs was printing bumper stickers. I still have two of the variety. I didn't know zip about Washington or the issue or politics at the time. They said:
"If you liked Star Wars, you'll love WHOOPS". Star Wars was the left's affectionate name for Reagan's missile defence program when the libs were claiming death rays were going to kill us. The rest you can figure out. There was a huge effort to shut it down because it was the dreaded nuclear power, just more fear mongering.

Build all the EV's that get charged up using electricity made from coal. Bunch of fucking hypocrites.

Not in my state it isn't.

Our one and only coal fired plant left in my state is being shut down. The shutdown stared in 2005 and should be done soon.

The electricity we use to recharge my husband's car comes mostly from water. Some from wind.

My state has a law that requires a certain amount of our electricity be generated from alternative power. We don't consider water alternative since hydro electricity has been around for 100 years.

Your state may still be slaves to dirty coal but not mine.

So I'm not a hypocrite.
Why do you lie so often? Oh, that's right, you're a liberal.

Deal shuts down state s last coal-fired power plant Local Regional Seattle News Weather Sports Breaking News KOMO News
SEATTLE (AP) — Washington's only coal-fired power plant will shut down one of two boilers by 2020 and phase out coal-burning entirely by 2025 under an agreement between TransAlta and environmental groups, according to a proposal released Saturday.

The Centralia plant accounts for 10 percent of the power generated in Washington, and lawmakers and state officials have worried about the stability of the electrical grid.

You're going to have to be more specific because your article says that the plant is being shut down. My post said the plant is being shut down.

You're not making much sense. Plus your article is 4 years old.

I think you're mistaken here in some weird attempt to call me a liar.

What did I post that's untrue?
I called you a liar because you're a liar. You said "We did shut down the coal plants. All but one are shut down and the last one is being shut down now."

In an effort to support your assertion. I can't understand anything for you, don't blame me if it doesn't make sense to you. The article doesn't say it's being shut down, it's active and in use today. Burning coal, in spite of the libtard effort to kill it and cost everyone a bundle in electrical costs so the smug liberal can drive around in their subsidized electric cars and feel good about themselves.

Centralia TransAlta
Centralia Coal Plant is Washington State’s largest baseload power source; the reliable and steady supply of power from our operations is essential for keeping the west-coast electrical grid stable. Centralia Coal Plant has a net capacity of 1,340 megawatts.

The facility is a merchant plant, which means that costs such as environmental upgrades cannot be passed on to customers. TransAlta has invested more than US$300 million in pollution control technology at Centralia Plant, including scrubbers and low nitrogen dioxide burners. Today, the facility is one of the cleanest coal-fired power plants in North America.

Fuel for Centralia Plant is delivered by train from the Powder River Basin in the U.S. Midwest. The plant’s coal unloading facility is considered one of the most efficient and environmentally friendly in North America.

I did not say it was completely shut down. The whole process started in 2005. At that time estimates had the full shut down by 2015. It's been revised since then to be shut down in 2020. Now you're saying the full shut down is in 2025. It looks like the full shut down date changes with whoever is writing the article.

That doesn't make me a liar. It makes me not totally informed about new developments in that project.

The bottom line is that it's being shut down. It's the last one in the state and we will be free of coal soon. There are no plans to not shut it down.

Now if you want to argue about a change of time of when it will be finished that's your choice but know you're just splitting hairs in some stupid attempt to call me a liar.

I don't know why I read your posts. I usually don't but I saw my screen name in your reply as I scrolled by so I went back and read it. Don't bother replying. I won't read it.

We visited Seattle 3 times....never rained....Emerald City....beautiful....I'd live there if wanted to be on the Pacific but there's an earthquake building up there that's going to be a MONSTER.....eek.

No liberal shut that plant down. In fact, it was liberal governor Dixie Lee Ray who proposed the project, got it through the state congress and had those 5 nuclear power plants built.

Dixie Lee Ray....there's a name I haven't heard in 35 years....spent most of a year up in Spokane with my wife back in '77-'78...miserable city, miserable area full of canucks and old hippies. We did enjoy going over to Idaho lakes and the fishing was unreal. What I remember about Dixie was the claim there was no state business tax....total lie. And the tax was based on GROSS revenue, not net. Would have cost me a bundle finding that out the hard way....I don't remember ever paying them a dime of it....I'm probably still wanted by the law up there. :badgrin:[/QUOTE

Dixie Lea Ray was an idiot. She lost big time in the election of 1980. She didn't even get past the primary. Another democrat beat her in the primary then lost in the general election. John Spellman became our governor.

Whoever told you there was no business tax in Washington was lying through their teeth. I wouldn't be surprised it it was Dixie Lee Ray who did that. The woman was a total disaster. There most certainly is a B&O tax and like you said, it's not on profits but on revenue. So a business can suffer losses and still have to pay taxes on the revenue they generate. It's not a fair tax. It should be revised to a tax on profits. However, that's the result of not having a state income tax. The money has to come from somewhere and that burden was put on business instead of all of the people in the state. Which I don't think is fair.

Dixie Lea Ray was an idiot. She lost big time in the election of 1980. She didn't even get past the primary. Another democrat beat her in the primary then lost in the general election. John Spellman became our governor.

Whoever told you there was no business tax in Washington was lying through their teeth. I wouldn't be surprised it it was Dixie Lee Ray who did that. The woman was a total disaster. There most certainly is a B&O tax and like you said, it's not on profits but on revenue. So a business can suffer losses and still have to pay taxes on the revenue they generate. It's not a fair tax. It should be revised to a tax on profits. However, that's the result of not having a state income tax. The money has to come from somewhere and that burden was put on business instead of all of the people in the state. Which I don't think is fair.

I didn't make all that much money because we hated the area and wanted to get back to Arizona....at least I did...wifey had a good job but stuck with me. I flew back to Phoenix to get a HAIRCUT is how bad it got. She went to a dentist who told her she needed fillings...the novocaine shots he gave her shot out her nose....every filling he did needed a root canal and crown two years later....I went for an eye checkup and the idiot told me I had glaucoma! Back here I went in for an exam and the eye doc told me I had the optic nerves of a teenager.....and to think the canucks go to Spokane rather than use the single payer at home and wait two years to see somebody. :eusa_doh:

We visited Seattle 3 times....never rained....Emerald City....beautiful....I'd live there if wanted to be on the Pacific but there's an earthquake building up there that's going to be a MONSTER.....eek.

We perpetuate that lie about the rain to keep people from moving here.

So whenever I travel and people ask where I'm from, I tell them and most usually say, "Doesn't it rain every day there?" I always say YES. It's horrible. It rains everyday. You would hate it. Don't go there.

One time when I was in Maui I ran into some people from Los Angeles. I told them where I was from and the next question from them was, "Aren't there a lot of suicides there because of the weather?" I quickly said YES! People are just so depressed because of the rain they're killing themselves.

I chuckled as I walked to the beach.

Yes we have earthquakes but we have a lot of very small ones that are barely felt and that relieves a lot of the pressure on the earth. While we do have earthquakes, we also laugh at the predictions of the "big one" happening any time soon.

The last one we had I was at a doctor's office. The nurse was also from here. We both chuckled as we calmly walked to the doorway to stand under it. While many in the office who weren't from here were freaking out. One doctor (he was from Oklahoma) was running through the office yelling EARTHQUAKE!!! I kept telling people to either stand in a doorway or under a desk but get away from the windows. One lady was crying.

The nurse and I calmly walked out of the doorway when it was over.

I didn't make all that much money because we hated the area and wanted to get back to Arizona....at least I did...wifey had a good job but stuck with me. I flew back to Phoenix to get a HAIRCUT is how bad it got. She went to a dentist who told her she needed fillings...the novocaine shots he gave her shot out her nose....every filling he did needed a root canal and crown two years later....I went for an eye checkup and the idiot told me I had glaucoma! Back here I went in for an exam and the eye doc told me I had the optic nerves of a teenager.....and to think the canucks go to Spokane rather than use the single payer at home and wait two years to see somebody. :eusa_doh:

Spokane is the armpit of Washington.

I'm not surprised with your experience there. It's a mess and most of us on the west side of the state say away from Spokane.

If you want good health care services Seattle is the place to go in Washington.

We perpetuate that lie about the rain to keep people from moving here.

:laugh: Same kind of thing here in Phoenix.....people say how can you stand the heat and we say by watching the snowbirds run for their lives when April comes. If it didn't get that hot we'd have ten million people here.....as it is Phoenix is a heat island sending up thermals so high a thunderstorm either falls apart or goes around us....when I first got here in 1974 it rained all summer...not anymore.

Forum List

Back