A Very Cool New Chevy

Build all the EV's that get charged up using electricity made from coal. Bunch of fucking hypocrites.

Not in my state it isn't.

Our one and only coal fired plant left in my state is being shut down. The shutdown stared in 2005 and should be done soon.

The electricity we use to recharge my husband's car comes mostly from water. Some from wind.

My state has a law that requires a certain amount of our electricity be generated from alternative power. We don't consider water alternative since hydro electricity has been around for 100 years.

Your state may still be slaves to dirty coal but not mine.

So I'm not a hypocrite.
Thats your state, must be cali. Most states still have coal plants.

No I don't live in California. They have tons of electric plants all over the place. They're huge. I don't know what they use to generate the electricity in those plants but there's always some sort of flame coming out of one of the smoke stacks. If I had to take a guess it's coal but I don't know for sure.

I do know they buy our excess electricity and that's not generated by coal. It's mostly generated by water and wind.

We started building a wind farm in the 90s. Now it's one of the largest wind farms in the nation. We have places here that are called the Saudi Arabia of wind. In that it's a very strong wind that blows 24-7 365 days a year. One of those places is one of the best places for windsurfing in America.

It looks like Chevy has made an EV car that has a range of 200 miles.

I was looking at a Tesla for my next car but this Chevy car has a farther range and costs less.

I'm glad to see more EV cars available.

Chevy Bolt EV Concept

If you're looking for functionality only, maybe that ev will do, but if you want looks and what really compares to the exotics the Tesla would be the choice.

I was looking at a Tesla for my next car but this Chevy car has a farther range and costs less.

Chevy Bolt EV Concept

If you're looking for functionality only, maybe that ev will do, but if you want looks and what really compares to the exotics the Tesla would be the choice.

From what I have seen, the Bolt is just a concept car now. I'll reserve judgement until the cars are actually rolling off an assembly line.

If you get 1 kilowatt of power from coal you to charge your EV you are a hypocrite.

Bullshit. But you keep saying that.

Look at the filtration on the exhaust of a coal fired generating plant and then look at the amount of filtration on the average car.
Look, all I am saying is that all you people that want to shut down coal are hypocrites if you charge your car from electricity made from a coal plant. We have a lot of your types here in Texas, they want to shut down coal plants, but dont have a clue on where their electricity comes from to charge their EV's, cool their homes, charge their phones ect.I have nothing against EV, just the hypocrites that drive them and want to shut down coal power plants.

If you get 1 kilowatt of power from coal you to charge your EV you are a hypocrite.

Look at the filtration on the exhaust of a coal fired generating plant and then look at the amount of filtration on the average car.
Look, all I am saying is that all you people that want to shut down coal are hypocrites if you charge your car from electricity made from a coal plant. We have a lot of your types here in Texas, they want to shut down coal plants, but dont have a clue on where their electricity comes from to charge their EV's, cool their homes, charge their phones ect.I have nothing against EV, just the hypocrites that drive them and want to shut down coal power plants.

And all I am saying is that moving towards an end to our dependence on fossil fuels is a process. If I bought a Tesla because I wanted to use less fossil fuel, I am not a hypocrite. The Tesla is a much more efficient method of converting that fossil fuel to transportation than a combustion engine ever will be. That a third of our energy is generated without fossil fuels only ads to the pluses.

But personally, I like the Tesla for reasons other that just the positive effect on the use of coal.

And all I am saying is that moving towards an end to our dependence on fossil fuels is a process. If I bought a Tesla because I wanted to use less fossil fuel, I am not a hypocrite. The Tesla is a much more efficient method of converting that fossil fuel to transportation than a combustion engine ever will be. That a third of our energy is generated without fossil fuels only ads to the pluses.

But personally, I like the Tesla for reasons other that just the positive effect on the use of coal.
I wasnt implying that you are one of those enviormental nuts that want to shut down coal and nuclear, sorry it I came across that way, I just have been around alot of these crazies that think we can just turn off coal and Nuke plants and everything will be fine, it drives me crazy.

Chevy Bolt EV Concept

First of all, 200 miles is not a bigger range than the Teslas. The Tesla Model S with a 60 kWh battery has a range of 208 miles, with the 85 kWh battery system it gets 265 miles.

Second of all, let us know when the actual cars start rolling off the assembly line and meet the specs they claimed.

I hope that Chevy accomplishes this. But I don't see it challenging the Tesla right out of the starting gate.

I haven't done all my homework on the Tesla yet. I'm not due for a new car until about a year from now. I had planned on checking out the Tesla.

We decided in 2001 to never buy a regular gas car again. We bought our first hybrid then. It was my husband's car. I got my first hybrid in 2005. Hubby got a Volt in 2013 to replace his Prius. I really like that Volt but it's range is only 40 miles. I couldn't drive it to our house by Mt. Rainier on all electricity.

I ruled out the Leaf, it's too ugly. I don't want to drive an ugly car.

So the Tesla was left for me to look at. Last I heard it got around 100 miles to a charge so when I saw this Chevy on the AOL home page I thought it was great.

I hope it's in production by the time I get a new car. I want to test drive it and a Tesla. If the Chevy is available to buy at that time I will probably get one. If it isn't, I'll get a Tesla.

Depending on the battery system you get with the Tesla, they are rated at between 208 and 275 miles per charge.

But the Tesla is not cheap. It is not designed as an economy car for the masses. The cheapest model/trim will set you back $71,070. While there are incentives (I am guess they come post-purchase) of $7,500 federal and varying state amounts (here in GA it is $5k), the price after incentives in GA would still be a shade over $58k.

But the fact that it is an EV is only part of it. It is a high tech, high performance luxury car. The top models will run 0-60 in 3.2 seconds, while being a roomy 4 door with style.

My husband's Volt wasn't cheap either. It ended up being half the price of our first house. Yes there's a 75 hundred dollar federal tax benefit. We got it for the Volt. It's a luxury car too. I swear if I knew how to push the right buttons on that car it would probably even brush my teeth for me. My husband loves it so he's a very happy camper.

I'm not looking for a fast car, at one point in my life I loved fast and pretty much collected traffic tickets because of it. I had to learn to slow down, my insurance rates were ridiculously high because of those tickets.

I see Teslas on the street. They are pretty common here now. Same with the Leaf. I ruled out the Leaf because it's so ugly. The Tesla is a much better looking car.

If I get the Tesla I won't be racing though the streets but I will have fun on the freeway. LOL.

Build all the EV's that get charged up using electricity made from coal. Bunch of fucking hypocrites.

When it becomes more personally economical for me to drive an electric car, I'll do so. In the meantime, I'm happy with my 40+ mpg Hyundai Accent.

Chevy Bolt EV Concept

From what Waterborn has posted it's sounding like I will probably end up with the Tesla. It has a farther range. That's what is most important to me. The distance I can travel on a charge. We have another house by Mt. Rainier and we go there throughout the year. I want to be able to drive an electric car down there without having to recharge on the way.

Chevy Bolt EV Concept

From what I have seen, the Bolt is just a concept car now. I'll reserve judgement until the cars are actually rolling off an assembly line.

I've got about a year before I will be looking for a new car. I hope Chevy has this one in production by then.

Chevy Bolt EV Concept

First of all, 200 miles is not a bigger range than the Teslas. The Tesla Model S with a 60 kWh battery has a range of 208 miles, with the 85 kWh battery system it gets 265 miles.

Second of all, let us know when the actual cars start rolling off the assembly line and meet the specs they claimed.

I hope that Chevy accomplishes this. But I don't see it challenging the Tesla right out of the starting gate.

I haven't done all my homework on the Tesla yet. I'm not due for a new car until about a year from now. I had planned on checking out the Tesla.

We decided in 2001 to never buy a regular gas car again. We bought our first hybrid then. It was my husband's car. I got my first hybrid in 2005. Hubby got a Volt in 2013 to replace his Prius. I really like that Volt but it's range is only 40 miles. I couldn't drive it to our house by Mt. Rainier on all electricity.

So the Tesla was left for me to look at. Last I heard it got around 100 miles to a charge so when I saw this Chevy on the AOL home page I thought it was great.

I hope it's in production by the time I get a new car. I want to test drive it and a Tesla. If the Chevy is available to buy at that time I will probably get one. If it isn't, I'll get a Tesla.

Depending on the battery system you get with the Tesla, they are rated at between 208 and 275 miles per charge.

But the Tesla is not cheap. It is not designed as an economy car for the masses. The cheapest model/trim will set you back $71,070. While there are incentives (I am guess they come post-purchase) of $7,500 federal and varying state amounts (here in GA it is $5k), the price after incentives in GA would still be a shade over $58k.

But the fact that it is an EV is only part of it. It is a high tech, high performance luxury car. The top models will run 0-60 in 3.2 seconds, while being a roomy 4 door with style.

My husband's Volt wasn't cheap either. It ended up being half the price of our first house. Yes there's a 75 hundred dollar federal tax benefit. We got it for the Volt. It's a luxury car too. I swear if I knew how to push the right buttons on that car it would probably even brush my teeth for me. My husband loves it so he's a very happy camper.

I'm not looking for a fast car, at one point in my life I loved fast and pretty much collected traffic tickets because of it. I had to learn to slow down, my insurance rates were ridiculously high because of those tickets.

I see Teslas on the street. They are pretty common here now. Same with the Leaf. I ruled out the Leaf because it's so ugly. The Tesla is a much better looking car.

If I get the Tesla I won't be racing though the streets but I will have fun on the freeway. LOL.

The Volt is considered a luxury car ? Boy that's news to me. I know it has some gizmos, but my idea of a luxury car must be very different than yours.

Not in my state it isn't.

Our one and only coal fired plant left in my state is being shut down. The shutdown stared in 2005 and should be done soon.

The electricity we use to recharge my husband's car comes mostly from water. Some from wind.

My state has a law that requires a certain amount of our electricity be generated from alternative power. We don't consider water alternative since hydro electricity has been around for 100 years.

Your state may still be slaves to dirty coal but not mine.

So I'm not a hypocrite.
Thats your state, must be cali. Most states still have coal plants.

No I don't live in California. They have tons of electric plants all over the place. They're huge. I don't know what they use to generate the electricity in those plants but there's always some sort of flame coming out of one of the smoke stacks. If I had to take a guess it's coal but I don't know for sure.

I do know they buy our excess electricity and that's not generated by coal. It's mostly generated by water and wind.

We started building a wind farm in the 90s. Now it's one of the largest wind farms in the nation. We have places here that are called the Saudi Arabia of wind. In that it's a very strong wind that blows 24-7 365 days a year. One of those places is one of the best places for windsurfing in America.

More like the iraq of wind. Texas leads the nation in wind generated power. You polluter you....

Stop putting your state on mine. I don't live in Texas. We have one coal fire plant left and it's being shut down now.

We don't get our electricity from coal here.

I'm not a hypocrite. Your posts have nothing to do with me. You can say the people of your state are hypocrites but you can't say that with my state.

If your gas powered car gets 25 mpg, and gas is $2 (which is the lowest it has been in a while), to go 250 miles you would have to spend $20.

I pay $0.099 per kWh for electricity. To power a Tesla 250 miles would cost me $8.42.

And gasoline prices fluctuate far more than electricity prices do. 6 months ago gas was $3.40 a gal. That same 250 mile trip would cost $34.00. 6 months ago my electricity still cost me only $0.099 per kWh.

Stop putting your state on mine. I don't live in Texas. We have one coal fire plant left and it's being shut down now.

We don't get our electricity from coal here.

I'm not a hypocrite. Your posts have nothing to do with me. You can say the people of your state are hypocrites but you can't say that with my state.

You seem a little..I dont know,fake maybe?
I bet you tear the little plastic windows out of the envelope the bills come in so you can recycle em.

I wasnt implying that you are one of those enviormental nuts that want to shut down coal and nuclear, sorry it I came across that way, I just have been around alot of these crazies that think we can just turn off coal and Nuke plants and everything will be fine, it drives me crazy.

We did shut down the coal plants. All but one are shut down and the last one is being shut down now.

We've got one small nuclear plant that generates electricity to a small rural area in the middle of nowhere in the eastern part of our state. Which is mostly a desert. That nuclear plant generates 10% of the electricity in my state and it only goes to that one small area. The rest is water and wind.

So no. There's no problem with shutting down those dirty electric plants. We have so much excess electricity we sell it to other states. We also have the 3rd lowest electric rates in the nation. So it has not hurt my state. In fact, it has helped our state.

We don't have ozone alerts where certain people can't go outside like Texas does in some places. We don't have filthy dirty air that causes asthma and other lung problems. So go ahead and pollute your state, you guys are doing a fantastic job of it. Here in my state we respect our environment and don't want to be slaves to fossil fuel. So we did something about it.

Chevy Bolt EV Concept

The Volt is considered a luxury car ? Boy that's news to me. I know it has some gizmos, but my idea of a luxury car must be very different than yours.

When you're finished putting all the options on that car, it's a luxury car.

My prius sure doesn't have all the gadgets my husband's Volt has.

Chevy Bolt EV Concept
I'm glad to see the electric car coming back. Gm has been a bit crummy with their designs. It's cool that this thing is in the realm of the Tesla for mileage. But it's ugly as holy hell. But let me know how it drives.

The warranty runs out on my Prius at the end of this year so I won't be test driving until then. I only own a car for as long as the warranty then I get a new one.

I think the Leaf is very ugly but not this car or the Tesla. I won't be test driving a Leaf.
The leaf is heinous. The Tesla is cool. This gm like most of their vehicles in that body class ate ugly. But the best car I've ever owned was ugly. My criticisms are superficial.

I've argued for the VOLT since GM unveiled it.....AWESOME technology the lunatics against it can't argue with.....it's range of 40+ miles before the gas motor kicked in was fine for most city driving but I'd need 50 here in Phoenix. But I drove one and man....like being in a space ship....NO NOISE to interfere with that kickass Bose sound system.....6 airbags and it'll do 100mph top-end. Too pricey though...they should have marketed the VOLT as a Cadillac. Hopefully with the better price on the BOLT they can make the VOLT dream come true.

Saw an article today all of your evs wont even break even at this price in gas.....that is they no longer make sense for the avg consumer and wont for long time if Saudis quote on $100 oil is accurate.

Forum List

Back