A Wonderful Letter Ignored By An Editor - Why?

Look everyone! It writes in blue!

Pete is thinking. You're not, Ooh. That is obvious because if you were thinking you'd realize there are more illegal immigrants already here than there are on waiting lists back home and doing it the right way. You've got to work hard to remain this out of touch. I'd find out why that is if I were you.

It's also a personal issue in our family.

My wife and I spent $1000's to get her and my step daughter here legally.

And bed wetting imbeciles like poo poo bitch here seem to think it's perfectly acceptible to allow millions of people who may or may not be criminals, carry diseases such as TB, or may even be terrorists to walk in and not face the consequences.

Hey poo poo bitch, why don't you sneak across the mexican border? Find out what MEXICO does to illegal entrants you mindless asshole.

Pete, what Americans need is more people such as yourself to tell your stories! This is amazing! You and your wife pay thousands of dollars to get your daughter here legally and others want to skip following the laws of the land to have their own way! I don't believe that is fair to people such as you and your wife and daughter. Not at all! I think the Mexican people are wonderful people - I'm wondering why anyone who brings this up is automatically attacked as a racist from the left. Doesn't make sense to me.

Thank you. So according to you the Mexican labor can't come here legally because they will be paid less? In other words, you'll get better pay as an illegal and you don't have to wait in line. Does that about sum it up, Ooh? Would you prefer to see the statue of liberty removed too?

Most can't come here legally because people in the U.S. hate Mexicans and will only allow so many in legally. We prefer to allow those who already have family ties here and/or fill jobs that are hard to fill (such as those with certain advanced degrees).

Its not a matter of just "standing in line".

The americans do not hate Mexican people. I don't know where you get that from. This isn't about hate. This is about right and wrong. Do you understand the difference when it comes to immigration?

Jeri.....lots of people "hate" OR maybe do not like Mexicans especially those who have had very little contact with them.....its what they have "heard" or "read" that guides them....just some of the shit i have read in the Immigration section has showed me that.....but then i have seen a few posts by a person who claims she lives here and has said a few things that kinda makes me think she must live in an all white city.....she doesnt know the people she claims she lives around.....she gives me a good laugh though....

Pete is thinking. You're not, Ooh. That is obvious because if you were thinking you'd realize there are more illegal immigrants already here than there are on waiting lists back home and doing it the right way. You've got to work hard to remain this out of touch. I'd find out why that is if I were you.

It's also a personal issue in our family.

My wife and I spent $1000's to get her and my step daughter here legally.

And bed wetting imbeciles like poo poo bitch here seem to think it's perfectly acceptible to allow millions of people who may or may not be criminals, carry diseases such as TB, or may even be terrorists to walk in and not face the consequences.

Hey poo poo bitch, why don't you sneak across the mexican border? Find out what MEXICO does to illegal entrants you mindless asshole.

Pete, what Americans need is more people such as yourself to tell your stories! This is amazing! You and your wife pay thousands of dollars to get your daughter here legally and others want to skip following the laws of the land to have their own way! I don't believe that is fair to people such as you and your wife and daughter. Not at all! I think the Mexican people are wonderful people - I'm wondering why anyone who brings this up is automatically attacked as a racist from the left. Doesn't make sense to me.

Millions of immigrants, including illegals were doing just that - legalizing themselves ( as I've pointed above, in the CURRENT law there are plenty of ways to do it) and if the politicians won't interfere - the process slowly would proceed.

Actually it is anyway - people understand that there is not going to be "free amnesty" and some know that what they have to pay now is way lower than the system is planning to get from them through "amnesty".

The problem is - the vast majority has no clue what is immigration process and how it is being done - it is vilified beyond imaginable, but that is just a legal process.

it is very doable, otherwise immigration lawyers would not survive.

We have for nearly a quarter of a century been receiving several thousand Irishmen annually among us. We have given them land — almost for nothing; employment at far better wages than they could have obtained at home; and political rights equal to those which are enjoyed by the sons of the best and noblest Americans. They have come to us steeped in ignorance and superstition; we have let them have their priests and their churches, and when fanatic Protestants have tried to disturb them, we have resisted it, and have successfully protected them in what we believe to be a mistaken course. They have so behaved themselves that nearly seventy-five per cent of our criminals and paupers are Irish; that fully seventy-five per cent of the crimes of violence committed among us are the work of Irishmen; that the system of universal suffrage in large cities has fallen into discredit through the incapacity of the Irish for self-government; yet we have never countenanced any invidious legislation against them, have never thought of depriving them of the political rights they abused, have never sought to protect ourselves against their misconduct.”
– Harper’s Weekly — Oct. 20, 1860

2ywali0.jpg

If I have misunderstood you - accept my apology - but please give me an idea of just how many illegals you believe are currently living in the USA and off the american tax dollar if you don't mind. Any idea?

Living off the American tax dollar?

LOL.

Illegals working with someone else's social security number pay into the Social Security System and into the federal tax system - they don't get paid out. Jeez you hate Mexicans.

No. I don't. You always equate any difference of opinion as hatred, Ooh. Have you noticed a pattern there? What else would you call it other than living off the American tax dollar? The illegals here most certainly did get a tax refund and were allowed to write off their cousins in Mexico as dependents! Ditto for the Muslims! They are getting food stamp cards as well. For all four wives which is against our laws by the way. You must be kidding me. - Jeri

A few thoughts

First is that the OC Register has a conservative editorial page/ Unlike the ultra-left LA Times, the Register is consistently center to right in the editorial section. The main part of the paper is pretty far left, but the Ed. staff are mostly Libertarians. The Register is owned an operated by Freedom Communications.

Now on to why the letter didn't get printed.

Around the nation, newspapers are going broke - the ultra-left LA Times and their parent, the Chicago Tribune, are bleeding millions each year. But the Register is turning a profit, and expanding. How? First off by offering an alternative to the far left spin offered by most of the print media. But also by embracing new technologies. The Register prints VERY few letters, and those it does print are generally by community leaders. What the Register does instead is offer a vibrant message board - similar to this one, where everyone gets a voice. And yes, the letter was carried on the message board.

Note the flag indicating Liberty Island as a place to dump human garbage:

208yx42.jpg

Most can't come here legally because people in the U.S. hate Mexicans and will only allow so many in legally. We prefer to allow those who already have family ties here and/or fill jobs that are hard to fill (such as those with certain advanced degrees).

Then we must hate the English a lot more, since we let FAR less in from England than we do from Mexico.

Or maybe, you're just a retard and a racist...

The americans do not hate Mexican people. I don't know where you get that from. This isn't about hate. This is about right and wrong. Do you understand the difference when it comes to immigration?

Jeri.....lots of people "hate" OR maybe do not like Mexicans especially those who have had very little contact with them.....its what they have "heard" or "read" that guides them....just some of the shit i have read in the Immigration section has showed me that.....but then i have seen a few posts by a person who claims she lives here and has said a few things that kinda makes me think she must live in an all white city.....she doesnt know the people she claims she lives around.....she gives me a good laugh though....

I'd like to be able to even post a letter without Ooh freaking out on me that I'm hating Mexicans! Good grief! I care very much about the Mexican people. I have relatives that married wonderful Mexican people. The hardest working people, most humble, kind hearted - they are great! They are adding to and enhancing the beauty of America. They came here legally and are citizens that pay their taxes like everyone else.

Why can't we see the difference between people who want to immigrate to America for a better life and those who are coming here to take away our life as we know it? I think we should be talking about these things. The woman who wrote the letter has a point about people coming here and kissing the ground they were so thankful to be here. I don't know what we are doing wrong but the gratitude is definitely not there as it was in the early days. - Jeri

Apparently the OP "letter" has been around since 2006: snopes.com: Immigrants From Different Eras

Not exactly. Snope findings report that it is a mixture. ( fact and fiction ) Where is the fiction I'd like to know! How conveniently this couple who founded Snopes hide the facts, G. This is why I don't like Snopes! Now while I have the greatest respect for your intelligence on the subject of finance, gold, investments, I cannot agree with your fact checker here. Snopes troubles me.

I read it and it is quite confusing. Maybe you can sort it out. I don't believe the ladies letter was ever published.

On the subject of the letter itself. Could you please make a comment as to how you feel this impacts America? Thank you in advance for your reply. - J.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:
Please tell us what they have to do to immigrate to the U.S. today. I can't wait to hear this one. Go ahead. Remove all doubt! -J.

Legally? If you're from Mexico and don't already have family here and don't have an advanced degree, you can pretty much forget about it. It doesn't benefit business to allow low wage Mexican labor to come here legally, because then they can demand the minimum wage.

As if those from Mexico need ANY of that :lol:

:clap2::clap2:

It was a good letter, however it does not address the what. 11,000,000 already living here illegally?

Because the bill we're discussing is about how to deal with those who are already here. I wonder what the letter-writer's solution to that would be.
It was not intended to address the 11m people living illicitly in this country. It was a letter defining a mindset that has changed in this country. From one where the people who came to this country asked only for an opportunity to live their life as they deemed fit, and to succeed or fail on their own efforts, to a mindset that demands no effort, only entitlement for being alive and in America.

You are correct, however. It is a very good letter. It just happens to be written at three levels above the average reading comprehension of the California citizen. Perhaps that is why the paper exercised discretion and did not publish.

Apparently the OP "letter" has been around since 2006: snopes.com: Immigrants From Different Eras

Not exactly. Snope findings report that it is a mixture. ( fact and fiction ) Where is the fiction I'd like to know! How conveniently this couple who founded Snopes hide the facts, G. This is why I don't like Snopes! Now while I have the greatest respect for your intelligence on the subject of finance, gold, investments, I cannot agree with your fact checker here. Snopes troubles me.

I read it and it is quite confusing. Maybe you can sort it out. I don't believe the ladies letter was ever published.

On the subject of the letter itself. Could you please make a comment as to how you feel this impacts America? Thank you in advance for your reply. - J.

Snopes troubles people, because they root out the bullshit. Check the link to the letters the OCR did publish. Perhaps they had space issues. It's not like they didn't print messages on both sides of the issue.

Letters: The immigration debate - Opinion - The Orange County Register

I don't see why snopes should be any less believable than a random email that's been around the world several times since it was originally sent.

It was a good letter, however it does not address the what. 11,000,000 already living here illegally?

Because the bill we're discussing is about how to deal with those who are already here. I wonder what the letter-writer's solution to that would be.
It was not intended to address the 11m people living illicitly in this country. It was a letter defining a mindset that has changed in this country. From one where the people who came to this country asked only for an opportunity to live their life as they deemed fit, and to succeed or fail on their own efforts, to a mindset that demands no effort, only entitlement for being alive and in America.

You are correct, however. It is a very good letter. It just happens to be written at three levels above the average reading comprehension of the California citizen. Perhaps that is why the paper exercised discretion and did not publish.

just by you saying that tells me you are not very bright yourself....eat shit dipshit.....

Again, the Register is a conservative paper, and have moved to a system where readers can always publish appropriate material. They use a forum, much like this one. They do moderate, but as long as the post is appropriate, everything goes on the board.

As if those from Mexico need ANY of that :lol:

He's acting as if there aren't any illegals living in America. I'm not sure where he is coming from here! Denial isn't a river!

he is pretending not to "understand the issue". as if Mexicans did not bring this hardship for the legal immigration process on themselves - by illegally crossing the border.

That is an excellent point.

It's a very well articulated arguement why there is resistance to amnesty for illegals.

I will point out that the German immigrants had "The Bund", and many of them were rounded up like the japanese, and then DEPORTED after the war.

However even the Bund didn't run around declaring sections of land as part of the reich.

Interesting that you should mention name - The Bund, Pete. Wasn't there a Bund headquarters in NY prior to Hitlers rise to power? I heard a story about a hurricane wiping it out in 1938. I think it was called the great hurricane. Is that a different Bund? I don't know alot about it. Thanks. - Jeri

Americans For Hitler - America in WWII

Just four months after Hitler came to power in January 1933, Nazi groups in the United States merged to form the Friends of the New Germany. The involvement of German nationals in the organization caused friction between Berlin and Washington, so in 1936 it was reorganized as the German American Bund and was to consist only of American citizens of German descent. Headquartered in New York, the Bund was led by Fritz Kuhn, a chemical engineer from Munich who had served in the German army during the war. Dubbed the “American fuehrer” in the press, he arrived in America in 1928, settling first in Detroit and then in New York. He became a citizen in 1934.

Thank you for the link, Pete! Much appreciated!

Then we must hate the English a lot more, since we let FAR less in from England than we do from Mexico.

Or maybe, you're just a retard and a racist...

He's a retard and a racist, no question about it.

Forum List

Back