Abortion Poll Finds Support For 20-Week Ban

I'd support a 20 week ban. Just don't tack on a whole bunch of other stupid shit and expect me to swallow it all.

What is the difference between an abortion at 19 weeks and six days, and an abortion at 20 weeks?

Zilch.

True, the limit ban is just a general number that in America equates to viability. 20 week babies have been known to survive. It's rare, buts its happened.

Do you have a link to prove that a baby born at 20 weeks has lived? Because as far as I know, a baby born this early isn't considered viable, and no attempt is made to save its life.

I'd support a 20 week ban. Just don't tack on a whole bunch of other stupid shit and expect me to swallow it all.

What is the difference between an abortion at 19 weeks and six days, and an abortion at 20 weeks?

Zilch.

True, the limit ban is just a general number that in America equates to viability. 20 week babies have been known to survive. It's rare, buts its happened.

Too bad nobody has applied science to this discussion. A fetus is viable as early as 8 weeks after conception. Multiple texts indicate such. When the fetus begins taking on the noticeable characteristics of the species which conceived it, it is recognized as an immature form of that species. I don't see what good a number does, when in all reality what will happen is that women can now abort an unborn child at an earlier stage of it's development.

It's barbaric.

Even if the radical left media tried to ignore it the Gosnell trial gave Americans a glimpse of how bad it can be when government is afraid of the abortion lobby. It wasn't somewhere in a pot promoting left wing off the charts area. Gosnell's slaughter house worked in the City of Brotherly love because the politicians on both sides of the isle in Pennsylvania were afraid of the abortion lobbyists. Veterinarian operations were subject to more scrutiny than Gosnell's slaughterhouse. If a Vet was accused of cutting off the heads of new born puppies it would have been a Nation wide story but Gosnell was above the law thanks to the abortion lobby. His was never inspected for health code violations until his systematic disregard for the law resulted in a death of an adult.

Zilch.

Do you have a link to prove that a baby born at 20 weeks has lived? Because as far as I know, a baby born this early isn't considered viable, and no attempt is made to save its life.

Sorry, you're correct, the youngest is 21 weeks, not 20.

Zilch.

Common sense tells you that as soon as the mitochondrial cells which comprise the heart of the fetus contract to make the first beats, it is alive, Noomi. Anything that has a beating heart is alive, anything that relies on the nourishment of a parent is alive.

Disclaimer: The below analogy is not an implied or direct threat of violence to the person so quoted in this post.

Lets say I killed you Noomi, then I killed the fetus inside of you, I would wager or presume that I would be charged with taking two lives, not just the one who has been born (you) already.

Last edited:

Zilch.

Too bad nobody has applied science to this discussion. A fetus is viable as early as 8 weeks after conception. Multiple texts indicate such. When the fetus begins taking on the noticeable characteristics of the species which conceived it, it is recognized as an immature form of that species. I don't see what good a number does, when in all reality what will happen is that women can now abort an unborn child at an earlier stage of it's development.

It's barbaric.

An 8 week old fetus is NOT viable. It cannot survive outside the womb, and that is what viable means.

Common sense tells you that as soon as the mitochondrial cells which comprise the heart of the fetus contract to make the first beats, it is alive, Noomi. Anything that has a beating heart is alive, anything that relies on the nourishment of a parent is alive.

Anything with a beating heart is alive?

So is that brain dead person on life support 'alive' because their heart is beating?
Are you opposed to the removal of life support?

It's barbaric.

An 8 week old fetus is NOT viable. It cannot survive outside the womb, and that is what viable means.

Viable is when you see the processes that make up our endocrine, circulatory and other critical systems our bodies rely on begin to take take root in the fetus. Viable is when the fetus responds to outside stimuli. To say the fetus isn't alive or aware is foolish. My mother loved classical music, she listened to it as she was pregnant with me. Ironically, I love Classical music myself. How did I acquire that predisposition towards this type of genre? Try to connect the dots if you can.

Last edited:

So is that brain dead person on life support 'alive' because their heart is beating?

What does that have to do with abortion, Noomi?

It's barbaric.

Viable is when you see the processes that make up our endocrine, circulatory and other critical systems our bodies rely on begin to take take root in the fetus.

Nope.

Fetal viability - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You said anything with a beating heart is alive. I provided you with an example that might change your mind.

Abortion laws are based are 2 concepts, viability, and personhood. If it can survive outside the womb, it can't be aborted. If it has a fully functioning brain, it can't be aborted.

Babies can and have survived at 21 weeks, and the babies brain is not considered fully functioning until 25 weeks.

I think liberals should be able to be retroactively aborted past 20 years of age.

Liberals under the age of 20 have an excuse for ignorance. After that it's time to grow up or get sucked into the sewer where they belong.

Viable is when you see the processes that make up our endocrine, circulatory and other critical systems our bodies rely on begin to take take root in the fetus.

Nope.

Fetal viability - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yep. That is the legal (yes, passed by the same legislators who want to define when you can have your abortion) definition of viability.

You said anything with a beating heart is alive. I provided you with an example that might change your mind.

Yes, but common sense tells you that I was not referring to people on life support. Come on.

Abortion laws are based are 2 concepts, viability, and personhood. If it can survive outside the womb, it can't be aborted. If it has a fully functioning brain, it can't be aborted.

Babies can and have survived at 21 weeks, and the babies brain is not considered fully functioning until 25 weeks.

That settles it then. Liberals over the age of 20 clearly do not have functioning brains. All we need now are some really big shop vacs.

As evidence of my implication that liberals do not have functioning brains I offer the fact that they elect and defend criminally insane sociopaths who not only shouldn't be in elective office, but rather should be getting skull fucked to death in prison.

I agree with noomi, she has a beating heart, but is obviously braindead.

Now where is that giant shop vac?

So, lets flip this concept. The brain of an already born human being isn't fully developed until at least 21 years of age.

According to the pro abortionists here, that means the person is not viable or able to live on their own in the outside world without dependence on a parent.

I love how this logic works. It's a double standard.

Forum List

Back