Abortion Poll Finds Support For 20-Week Ban

The new texas abortion package will never last. My bet is a higher court puts an injunction on it(like they have for similar laws in other states), and then after a review its found in violation and overturned.

similar laws for other states actually stand.

personally, I would expect that nobody forces the abortion to be performed in surgery clinic - so nobody working in a surgery clinic will be forced to provide care for this atrocity.

See Wisconsin and Mississippi.

And let's be real, I'm 100% certain that pro-choice activists are already planning to challenge the Texas law.

the argument against the law in Wisconsin was that it applies different standards to abortion clinics than it does other surgery centers. Since that is not happening in Texas it is unlikely that a court will interfere simply because you do not like it.

It denies equal access to all women, QWB, without significant change in perceived safety.

The federal court will not accept the Texas leges' smoke and mirrors.

Well, the abortion law will actually have one specific result. It will turn some doctors into criminals. If Texas thinks that is a good thing...

Well, the abortion law will actually have one specific result. It will turn some doctors into criminals. If Texas thinks that is a good thing...

doctors have a CHOICE, and they do not need your crocodile tears over it.

some are just greedy, though...

It denies equal access to all women, QWB, without significant change in perceived safety.

If it does that you should be able to prove it by showing numbers.

Since you wouldn't know a number if it slapped you I will assume you are just spouting rhetoric. Feel free to make me eat crow.

Since about 60% consistently oppose overturning Roe v Wade, and since a federal ban on abortion after 20 weeks would be unconstitutional under Roe v Wade,

something is amiss here.

Mexicans hate abortions.

You know me, just had to Google it, and I was surprised. Despite Being Largely Illegal, Abortion in Mexico is Far More Prevalent Than in the United States

"DESPITE BEING LARGELY ILLEGAL, ABORTION IN MEXICO IS FAR MORE PREVALENT THAN IN THE UNITED STATES"

Which brings me back to my point about the vote in Texas shifting back to the Dems. Republicans have made a series of bad judgments that have cost them power.

What will this mean for the Texas vote in the 2016 presidential election? Your guess is as good as mine.

Last edited:
My sister is pregnant.

I saw a sonogram photo of her bay at 3.5 months aka 14 weeks.

I now believe abortion should be illegal after 16 weeks, except to save the life of the mother.

4 months is enough time to decide to have an abortion. If you can't decide by then, give the baby up for adoption.

And you’re entitled to your opinion, which means neither you nor your sister should have an abortion.

But don’t attempt to codify that subjective opinion into law every citizen is compelled to follow.

And as already noted, the issue really isn’t about time limits per se, but the desire of those opposed to privacy rights to place unwarranted, meaningless, irrelevant restrictions with regard to accessing abortion that manifest an un-Constitutional undue burden to the exercising of a fundamental right.

If it does that you should be able to prove it by showing numbers.

Since you wouldn't know a number if it slapped you I will assume you are just spouting rhetoric. Feel free to make me eat crow.

You have already eaten crow here. The number of statist Texas-endorsed clinics will be cut dramatically. The court will not permit that. Tuff that, QWB, but that is the way it will be.

Mexicans hate abortions.

You know me, just had to Google it, and I was surprised. Despite Being Largely Illegal, Abortion in Mexico is Far More Prevalent Than in the United States

"DESPITE BEING LARGELY ILLEGAL, ABORTION IN MEXICO IS FAR MORE PREVALENT THAN IN THE UNITED STATES"

Which brings me back to my point about the vote in Texas shifting back to the Dems. Republicans have made a series of bad judgments that have cost them power.

What will this mean for the Texas vote in the 2016 presidential election? Your guess is as good as mine.

Doesn't surprise me at all. I knew at least 3 girls who had abortions in Mexico in the 1960's. it was illegal there, then, too. It was equivelent to our going across the border today to get cheap RX without a prescription.

Forum List

Back