Abortion Poll Finds Support For 20-Week Ban

No, she would have been sedated. She had to live with excruciating pain for over a week. Doctors should be making these decisions with the woman whose body it is, not legislators.

Put in your fucking 20 week bans, but jesus fucking christ, put in some "loopholes". Ya'll are really good at giving loopholes to rich people on their taxes... give some to goddamn doctors so they can do their jobs.

oh, how hypocritical. so being sedated for abortion will take away an "excrutianing pain*?

Because they could not perform an abortion on her she had to wait until she went into labor "naturally". That took 10 days after her water broke. She was in pain that entire time.

Let doctors and their patients make these decisions.

what bans her doctor to perform a c-section?

having difficult delivery has nothing to do with necessity to abort the baby. she could have a c-section which is a quick operation and is done under anesthesia.

the whole article is a bunch of baloney, BTW - she suffered "excruciating pain" seeing her baby die in 15 minutes after delivery but she would be OK letting her baby feel excruciating pain while being dismembered in a womb.

what a hypocritical bitch

Last edited:
The women in Texas that don't like laws protecting the most innocent of society need to move to a blue state that wants to be red with the blood of the unborn. There they can pretend to be happy.

No, they won't do that. after all, there is no penalty to the woman under the abortion law, just to the provider. All Texas has done is to create yet another class of criminals. The women will keep on having sex (Surprise!), and abortions, and Texans can feel good about themselves, even though no abortions will be prevented. However, Texans can glow in their self rightous status, which puts them right up front in the "Amen!" pew.

bullshit. face it motor boy, the dem/lib party supports abortion on demand with no restrictions. why not support infanticide up to 3 years old?-------those little kids can really put a strain on a mother's health.

SCOTUS also said that obozocare was constitutional :cuckoo: Do those 9 people run this country, or do the people?

(1) Murder is a legal definition, not a definition of a certain portion of people that want to make abortion illegal.

(2) SCOTUS, yes, makes those decisions. In this case, both houses and the senate signed off on ACA and the court said it was constitutional.

(3) A tiny minority out on the far right will not decided what is constitutional.

63% of americans do not want obamacare. That is not a tiny minority. It is a significant majority.

the people of Ca voted twice to ban gay marriage i.e. the will of the people. 9 people defied the will of the people. That, my left wing friend, is wrong.

No, it’s the rule of law.

The United States is a Constitutional Republic, not a democracy. Citizens of our Republic are subject to the rule of law, not men; as men are incapable of ruling justly – Proposition 8 is proof of that.

The people of California lack the authority to determine who will or will not have his civil liberties, which is why Proposition 8 was invalidated as un-Constitutional.

The women in Texas that don't like laws protecting the most innocent of society need to move to a blue state that wants to be red with the blood of the unborn. There they can pretend to be happy.

No, they won't do that. after all, there is no penalty to the woman under the abortion law, just to the provider. All Texas has done is to create yet another class of criminals. The women will keep on having sex (Surprise!), and abortions, and Texans can feel good about themselves, even though no abortions will be prevented. However, Texans can glow in their self rightous status, which puts them right up front in the "Amen!" pew.

bullshit. face it motor boy, the dem/lib party supports abortion on demand with no restrictions. why not support infanticide up to 3 years old?-------those little kids can really put a strain on a mother's health.

Hysteria, hyperbole, demagoguery, and personal attack – the last refuge of a lost argument.

Vandalshandle is correct, ‘banning’ abortion will do nothing to stop the practice. Abortion is a symptom of a problem, not a problem in of itself.

Until conservatives muster the intelligence and courage to face these problems, abortion will continue, regardless its legal status.

legal status MATTER - if one wants to take a risk - that is their CHOICE, both on the abortionist and the woman.

But a murder of an innocent baby should not be allowed. At any gestational age.

(1) Murder is a legal definition, not a definition of a certain portion of people that want to make abortion illegal.

(2) SCOTUS, yes, makes those decisions. In this case, both houses and the senate signed off on ACA and the court said it was constitutional.

(3) A tiny minority out on the far right will not decided what is constitutional.

63% of americans do not want obamacare. That is not a tiny minority. It is a significant majority.

the people of Ca voted twice to ban gay marriage i.e. the will of the people. 9 people defied the will of the people. That, my left wing friend, is wrong.

No, it’s the rule of law.

The United States is a Constitutional Republic, not a democracy. Citizens of our Republic are subject to the rule of law, not men; as men are incapable of ruling justly – Proposition 8 is proof of that.

The people of California lack the authority to determine who will or will not have his civil liberties, which is why Proposition 8 was invalidated as un-Constitutional.

63% unpopularity (ACA) or 76% popularity (abortion) or a personal opinion about abortion and "murder" does not mean squat.

The leges of We the People make the law (not the population) and SCOTUS opines on its constitutionality.

A small group of far right reactionaries do not overthrow the Republic with their opinion.

Last edited:
If the law were left at 20 weeks without any other nonsense about procedures etc, the bill would stand constitutionally.

it will fall on equal access liability.

sure cherry pick your points in order to feel like you made a good point:
A recent United Technologies/National Journal poll found Americans divided over the possible ban, with a narrower plurality of 48 percent to 44 percent supporting it.

Respondents to the HuffPost/YouGov poll were split in their views on whether abortion should usually be legal or illegal, with a large number falling somewhere in the middle -- a finding consistent with other surveys. Nineteen percent said they think abortion should always be legal, while 27 percent said it should be generally legal, but with some restrictions. Another 17 percent said that abortion should always be illegal, while 30 percent said it should be generally illegal, except in special circumstances.
Its more like the public is rather divided on the issue period.

Try reading your own link

Or this:
At the same time, however, a large majority (63 percent) say that the statement "decisions on abortion should be made by a woman and her doctor" comes closer to their opinion on abortion, while only 26 percent say "government has a right and obligation to pass restrictions on abortion."
Again read your own fucking link

fucking retard

Does it really bother you that much that people think viability is a reasonable cutoff for abortion on demand?

The new texas abortion package will never last. My bet is a higher court puts an injunction on it(like they have for similar laws in other states), and then after a review its found in violation and overturned.

similar laws for other states actually stand.

personally, I would expect that nobody forces the abortion to be performed in surgery clinic - so nobody working in a surgery clinic will be forced to provide care for this atrocity.
If stupid women want to risk their health in back alleys - that is their CHOICE, but do not take MY CHOICE from me to refuse to provide care for this.

Last edited:
The new texas abortion package will never last. My bet is a higher court puts an injunction on it(like they have for similar laws in other states), and then after a review its found in violation and overturned.

personally, I would expect that nobody forces the abortion to be performed in surgery clinic - so nobody working in a surgery clinic will be forced to provide care for this atrocity.

See Wisconsin and Mississippi.

And let's be real, I'm 100% certain that pro-choice activists are already planning to challenge the Texas law.

59% of Americans think its reasonable.

Now just purpose a bill that bans abortion past 20 weeks, and don't add on the red tape nonsense, close 95% of the abortion clinics stuff.:)

Texas already requires outpatient surgery centers to have admitting rights with hospitals. Is there a reason you want to exempt abortion clinics from the same regulations that are applicable to every other medical procedure?

See Wisconsin and Mississippi.

And let's be real, I'm 100% certain that pro-choice activists are already planning to challenge the Texas law.

As I stated above - i couldn't care less about the place it is going to be performed - I do think it is SAFER in a surgery clinic but I do not want it there at all.
So I actually am not against that particular portion of the bill to be shot down.

Last edited:
I'd support a 20 week ban. Just don't tack on a whole bunch of other stupid shit and expect me to swallow it all.

What is the difference between an abortion at 19 weeks and six days, and an abortion at 20 weeks?

Zilch.

If we continue that argument all the way to the end what is the difference between an abortion at birth minus one day and birth plus one day? Is there a particular reason you think women are incapable of making up their mind in 140 days? Do you honestly hate women that much?

What is the difference between an abortion at 19 weeks and six days, and an abortion at 20 weeks?

Zilch.

True, the limit ban is just a general number that in America equates to viability. 20 week babies have been known to survive. It's rare, buts its happened.

Do you have a link to prove that a baby born at 20 weeks has lived? Because as far as I know, a baby born this early isn't considered viable, and no attempt is made to save its life.

You really don't know much about doctors, do you? Doctors will always try to keep people alive at earlier dates, and for longer.

True, the limit ban is just a general number that in America equates to viability. 20 week babies have been known to survive. It's rare, buts its happened.

Do you have a link to prove that a baby born at 20 weeks has lived? Because as far as I know, a baby born this early isn't considered viable, and no attempt is made to save its life.

You really don't know much about doctors, do you? Doctors will always try to keep people alive at earlier dates, and for longer.

you forgot she is from socialized medicine country - it works differently there :D

The Texas abortion bill, is nothing but Republicans setting the stage for the next election. My guess is that Texas politicians have shot themselves in the foot. Those who want abortions will simply travel out of State.

The entire State of Texas is less than two points Republican. The way Texas is letting Mexicans in, the trend will switch back to the Democrats as it was before 1990.

Remember the issue that made Texas Republican was Civil Rights, and LBJ knew he was giving Texas to the Republicans. In 2013 things are changing again. Keep in mind the abortion rate among Roman Catholics is the same as all other religions. Your 16 year old is PG, parents want it the fetus gone.

Add to that popular Texas Governor Rick Perry is not running for a fourth term. Things are not solid for Republicans in Texas.

Texas-State-Map-Flag-Large-car-window-sticker.jpg

The real question is can Dems take Texas in the 2016 Presidential?

Last edited:

Hysteria, hyperbole, demagoguery, and personal attack – the last refuge of a lost argument.

Vandalshandle is correct, ‘banning’ abortion will do nothing to stop the practice. Abortion is a symptom of a problem, not a problem in of itself.

Until conservatives muster the intelligence and courage to face these problems, abortion will continue, regardless its legal status.

Seriously?

When a conservative woman writes a law to limit abortions and apply the same standards to abortion clinics that apply to every other medical clinic pro abortionists are the ones that resort to emotional tactics.

Maybe you should think about that, or not.

Forum List

Back