Abortion Poll Finds Support For 20-Week Ban

Abortion laws are based are 2 concepts, viability, and personhood. If it can survive outside the womb, it can't be aborted. If it has a fully functioning brain, it can't be aborted.

Babies can and have survived at 21 weeks, and the babies brain is not considered fully functioning until 25 weeks.

The youngest baby to survive was 21 weeks and 6 days.

And determining the exact age of a baby in utero is not 100% accurate. When I was pregnant with my daughter I had 2 doctors and they had very huge differences how far along they thought I was, even while I was delivering I was either 8 days overdue or 2 days early, depending on the doctor you asked.

So, if a child can live at 21 week, making the cut off point 20 weeks seems like a nice safe zone.

Imagine that, the Huffington post reporting that the majority, by a wide margin, favor a limit on abortion.

Most Americans would favor sweeping new national restrictions on abortion after the 20th week of pregnancy, according to a new HuffPost/YouGov poll. But the poll also shows many Americans remain conflicted in their views on abortion.

By a margin of 59 percent to 30 percent, respondents to the new poll said they would favor a federal law banning abortion after 20 weeks of pregnancy.

A supermajority of Americans oppose abortions after the first trimester.

But instead of capitalizing on that, the GOP has to be vindictive and add vaginal probe sauce and no exceptions for incest/rape extract into the cake mix.

That's the one thing I've never understood. It seems like so many who are pro-life have an all or nothing attitude.

Instead of passing measures the vast majority can agree on, they insist on abortion "packages" that are full of controversial and often not well liked measures.

Not just ask permission, but demand validation and protection.
Hey, dummies. I'm pro-life.

Uhh, but here you are defending the right of a woman to have an abortion. Hey dummy, I ain't no dummy.

Next.

g5000 said:
But instead of capitalizing on that, the GOP has to be vindictive and add vaginal probe sauce and incest/rape extract into the cake mix.

You have a serious reading comprehension problem.

Hey, dummies. I'm pro-life.

Uhh, but here you are defending the right of a woman to have an abortion. Hey dummy, I ain't no dummy.

Next.

g5000 said:
But instead of capitalizing on that, the GOP has to be vindictive and add vaginal probe sauce and incest/rape extract into the cake mix.

Wow. I didn't expect you to come back with an insult. You did nothing but confirm my assumptions about you. For any man who wishes to hide the truth, he will reveal it in so doing.

Last edited:
Imagine that, the Huffington post reporting that the majority, by a wide margin, favor a limit on abortion.

Most Americans would favor sweeping new national restrictions on abortion after the 20th week of pregnancy, according to a new HuffPost/YouGov poll. But the poll also shows many Americans remain conflicted in their views on abortion.

By a margin of 59 percent to 30 percent, respondents to the new poll said they would favor a federal law banning abortion after 20 weeks of pregnancy.

A supermajority of Americans oppose abortions after the first trimester.

But instead of capitalizing on that, the GOP has to be vindictive and add vaginal probe sauce and no exceptions for incest/rape extract into the cake mix.

That's the one thing I've never understood. It seems like so many who are pro-life have an all or nothing attitude.

Instead of passing measures the vast majority can agree on, they insist on abortion "packages" that are full of controversial and often not well liked measures.

You know, I don't pretend to understand the ins and outs of abortion. I really don't. I do know that most European countries (most) deny abortion after 14 weeks. Additionally, When I was a young Soldier coming home from Vietnam I was accused and mocked of being a baby killer.

Some of those same people are now protesting the fact of not being able to kill babies. Now does this make any sense ? NO !!! Our world is so screwed up it isn’t even funny anymore. We forgot God, we forgot family, and now live totally in self gratifying sin. I’ve said this once and I’ll keep saying it ” A Liberal mind is a terrible thing".

Abortion laws are based are 2 concepts, viability, and personhood. If it can survive outside the womb, it can't be aborted. If it has a fully functioning brain, it can't be aborted.

Babies can and have survived at 21 weeks, and the babies brain is not considered fully functioning until 25 weeks.

The youngest baby to survive was 21 weeks and 6 days.

And determining the exact age of a baby in utero is not 100% accurate. When I was pregnant with my daughter I had 2 doctors and they had very huge differences how far along they thought I was, even while I was delivering I was either 8 days overdue or 2 days early, depending on the doctor you asked.

So, if a child can live at 21 week, making the cut off point 20 weeks seems like a nice safe zone.

They are usually pretty accurate, but the same thing happened with my friend - she went to the doctor, thinking she was 20 weeks pregnant, but they told her she was actually 28 weeks pregnant.

I know she was further along, anyway - I saw her 8 week ultrasound scan, and a fetus is not that fully developed at 8 weeks. Her daughter was born 3 weeks late, though, so she was never entirely sure how far along she really was, and whether Maci was born early, or late.

Next.

Wow. I didn't expect you to come back with an insult. You did nothing but confirm my assumptions about you. For any man who wishes to hide the truth, he will reveal it in so doing.

The vast majority of Americans believe in some sort of regulated opportunity for abortion.

That is what the GOP should work at making available up to 20 weeks instead of trying to load the apparatus that discourages or makes it very difficult for women to have abortions period.

The 20 week Texas bill will be struck down, not because of the 20 weeks but rather the obstructions placed in the bill to interfere with availability and access to the procedure without any measurable increase in the safety and protection of women having the procedure.

The vast majority of Americans believe in some sort of regulated opportunity for abortion.

That is what the GOP should work at making available up to 20 weeks instead of trying to load the apparatus that discourages or makes it very difficult for women to have abortions period.

The 20 week Texas bill will be struck down, not because of the 20 weeks but rather the obstructions placed in the bill to interfere with availability and access to the procedure without any measurable increase in the safety and protection of women having the procedure.

The problem is that abortion is either murder or its not. The number of weeks in the womb does not change that basic question.

But, if abortion should be allowed for the "health of the mother". They why not allow infanticide when a 2 year old is driving its mother crazy and keeping her from enjoying life?

This is a black and white issue-----and society is trying to inject shades of gray.

Its a very tough issue and we will never agree 100% on it.

But, why does abortion have to be a major issue in every political campaign. Why not leave it to the states to allow their citizens to decide?

The problem is that abortion is either murder or its not. The number of weeks in the womb does not change that basic question.

But, if abortion should be allowed for the "health of the mother". They why not allow infanticide when a 2 year old is driving its mother crazy and keeping her from enjoying life?

This is a black and white issue-----and society is trying to inject shades of gray.

But, why does abortion have to be a major issue in every political campaign. Why not leave it to the states to allow their citizens to decide?
Because SCOTUS said that it violated the 14th amendment.

SCOTUS also said that obozocare was constitutional :cuckoo: Do those 9 people run this country, or do the people?

Is this supposed to be more meaningful than the polls that showed 90+% support for universal background checks?

Those polls weren't relevant to quite a few people of a certain stripe. Did that include you?

SCOTUS also said that obozocare was constitutional :cuckoo: Do those 9 people run this country, or do the people?

The power of the SCOTUS derives from the People. If you take the power of judicial review out of the hands of the SCOTUS,

what do you replace it with, specifically?

The power of the SCOTUS derives from the People. If you take the power of judicial review out of the hands of the SCOTUS,

the judicial system is intended to apply the law, not make it.

Is this supposed to be more meaningful than the polls that showed 90+% support for universal background checks?

Those polls weren't relevant to quite a few people of a certain stripe. Did that include you?

Provide the poll not your opinion of the poll.

Edit: I did it for you: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/10/background-checks-poll_n_3050797.html

The 90 percent (86) appears to be those who support the background check already in place. I have no problem with background checks it just seems to me it won't cure any problems that gun ownership opponents seem to think exist.

I guess you cite this poll as support for your view on gun control. Does that mean you now oppose abortion because the poll show a majority in favor of at least some limits?

Last edited:

If you could it would be interesting to ask Dred Scott about SCOTUS decisions. Decisions that are often based on opinion then law.

the judicial system is intended to apply the law, not make it.

Whatever that is supposed to mean, why didn't you answer my question?

Provide the poll not your opinion of the poll.

Edit: I did it for you: Stronger Background Checks For Guns Supported By 86 Percent Of U.S.: Poll

The 90 percent (86) appears to be those who support the background check already in place. I have no problem with background checks it just seems to me it won't cure any problems that gun ownership opponents seem to think exist.

I guess you cite this poll as support for your view on gun control. Does that mean you now oppose abortion because the poll show a majority in favor of at least some limits?

The states already have the right to limit abortion after 20 weeks or thereabouts.

My sister is pregnant.

I saw a sonogram photo of her bay at 3.5 months aka 14 weeks.

I now believe abortion should be illegal after 16 weeks, except to save the life of the mother.

4 months is enough time to decide to have an abortion. If you can't decide by then, give the baby up for adoption.

The pro-abortion crowd want to be able to terminate if birth defects are detected. Well hell if that's the case then why stop at birth? Why not keep the option open until they turn 17 & become an adult? That way when you create a disaster like Trayvon Martin you can just terminate him instead of burdening society with him. It will be just like back in the day when some parent's used to say to their kids "I brought you into this world & I can take you out"!

When they screw-up after they turn 17 the law can execute them. It will be a continuous harmonious way to rid the population of imperfections. Just like our old Eugenics program that inspired Hitler.

Last edited:

Since the People's representatives in the legislature passed the Affordable Care Act, and since the People's President signed the Affordable Care Act,

and since the People's Supreme Court found it constitutional,

I'd say that the People got about as much say in the matter as any democratic representative government could give them.

Forum List

Back