Abortion Poll Finds Support For 20-Week Ban

Too bad nobody has applied science to this discussion. A fetus is viable as early as 8 weeks after conception. Multiple texts indicate such. When the fetus begins taking on the noticeable characteristics of the species which conceived it, it is recognized as an immature form of that species. I don't see what good a number does, when in all reality what will happen is that women can now abort an unborn child at an earlier stage of it's development.

It's barbaric.

In your opinion.

Fortunately the courts have wisely ruled to disallow government from interfering with private, personal decisions concerning abortion predicated on subjective opinion, thus allowing each person to decide for himself what’s appropriate, based on his religion, perception of morality, and his own good conscience.

Just as you allowed SCOTUS to rule on marriage? Is that not government interference? Wanting the government to allow abortion... is that not government interference?

Listen to yourself Clayton! How do you possibly want the government to not interfere in marriage or in the sexual habits of women, but in each of these cases you strive for it's condonement of both? Do you not understand that this allows the government to regulate them?

Why do you insult my intelligence this way?

how is it government interfering when they are saying yes you can do X? In regards to this subject matter.

you have it wrong, as usual.

Why is it ok for the people to interfere with sex and reproduction as per this conversation, but judges can not rule on laws being constitutional?

see when we actually break down your argument, it shows us your lack on knowledge.

I almost went out with a conservative. It was a close call. I had a date set up for the following week, but she started bombarding me with "Obama is a foreign born Muslim" crap by e-mail. I sent her a note that my plans had changed and that I had an appontment for a root canal that I did not want to miss, so I had to cancel.

I shall respect your request. You have good judgement regarding character.

Noomi, I apologize for such offensive posts towards you personally.

Apology accepted. You can debate without becoming nasty, you know. TK and I have learned to respect each other. :)

I generally begin with nasty. It's a means of venting.

I don't usually bother with "debating" since I regard people who tend to promote "progressive" politics as mindless drones who regurgitate what they're programmed to without any individual thinking. I just enjoy using the Alinsky Rule #5:

Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon. It’s hard to counterattack ridicule, and it infuriates the opposition, which then reacts to your advantage.

People like TK debate well, and if he considers you esteemed enough to be respected as more than a vapid liberal you must be worthy of an apology and have valid arguments you make on your own as opposed to the "people" who paste Huffington Post talking points as if they're gospel.

You flatter me. But remember this:

'First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they attack you. Then you win.'

--Nicolas Klein, in a 1914 address to the Amalgamated Clothing Workers of America in Baltimore. (Sorry Gandhi did not coin that term. Even in his famous work, The Satyagraha no evidence this saying is ever mentioned there either.)

Last edited:
I almost went out with a conservative. It was a close call. I had a date set up for the following week, but she started bombarding me with "Obama is a foreign born Muslim" crap by e-mail. I sent her a note that my plans had changed and that I had an appontment for a root canal that I did not want to miss, so I had to cancel.

YOU... had a date with a "conservative" of the opposite sex and a heartbeat and YOU backed out?

I sure believe that.

Seems entirely plausible YOU are the lucid one.

I seriously do doubt that you still have any teeth though.

In your opinion.

Fortunately the courts have wisely ruled to disallow government from interfering with private, personal decisions concerning abortion predicated on subjective opinion, thus allowing each person to decide for himself what’s appropriate, based on his religion, perception of morality, and his own good conscience.

Just as you allowed SCOTUS to rule on marriage? Is that not government interference? Wanting the government to allow abortion... is that not government interference?

Listen to yourself Clayton! How do you possibly want the government to not interfere in marriage or in the sexual habits of women, but in each of these cases you strive for it's condonement of both? Do you not understand that this allows the government to regulate them?

Why do you insult my intelligence this way?

how is it government interfering when they are saying yes you can do X?

You make me smile with your ignorance.

How is it government interfering when they are saying yes you can do X?

Easy.

By giving you permission. By saying "yes, you are allowed or permitted to do X." Normally, a person does not need the government to tell them when they can be free.

Last edited:
Apology accepted. You can debate without becoming nasty, you know. TK and I have learned to respect each other. :)

I don't usually bother with "debating" since I regard people who tend to promote "progressive" politics as mindless drones who regurgitate what they're programmed to without any individual thinking. I just enjoy using the Alinsky Rule #5:

Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon. It’s hard to counterattack ridicule, and it infuriates the opposition, which then reacts to your advantage.

People like TK debate well, and if he considers you esteemed enough to be respected as more than a vapid liberal you must be worthy of an apology and have valid arguments you make on your own as opposed to the "people" who paste Huffington Post talking points as if they're gospel.

'First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they attack you. Then you win.'

--Nicolas Klein, in a 1914 address to the Amalgamated Clothing Workers of America in Baltimore. (Sorry Gandhi did not coin that term. Even in his famous work, the satyagraha no evidence this saying is ever mentioned there either.)

I might agree with that concept, but for all the pop culture and trendy liberalism that exists because of comedy central alone, I feel compelled to ridicule them back.

I realize it isn't very challenging and all, the ammo is endless though and it's just fun for me.

For that matter I also shoot at pop up targets, steel plates and paper endlessly just for amusement and practice. The problem with that is the ammo always runs dry no matter who's supplying it.

--Nicolas Klein, in a 1914 address to the Amalgamated Clothing Workers of America in Baltimore. (Sorry Gandhi did not coin that term. Even in his famous work, the satyagraha no evidence this saying is ever mentioned there either.)

I might agree with that concept, but for all the pop culture and trendy liberalism that exists because of comedy central alone, I feel compelled to ridicule them back.

I realize it isn't very challenging and all, the ammo is endless though and it's just fun for me.

For that matter I also shoot at pop up targets, steel plates and paper endlessly just for amusement and practice. The problem with that is the ammo always runs dry no matter who's supplying it.

I am in no way trying to tell you how to form your opinions. I just encourage civility. But what good is ammo if you waste it?

YOU... had a date with a "conservative" of the opposite sex and a heartbeat and YOU backed out?

I sure believe that.

Oh, but I do, Pete...every one! There is more to the story, which I know you won't believe, but it is true. She ended up going on a cruise with 8 people in our Singles club...and before it was halfway over, she managed to offend all of them! Last I heard, she returned, whined to everybody that the others would not even save her a seat at dinner, and then quit the club! Even more interesting is that I know these 8 people pretty well, and only three of them could be considered liberal. They just got tired of the radical Right wing rants.

Last edited:

I am in no way trying to tell you how to form your opinions. I just encourage civility. But what good is ammo if you waste it?

I didn't take it that you were telling me anything, no worries.

I just felt compelled to explain my tendency to be uncivil, not that I even feel it's entirely justified because obviously in some cases it isn't. It's an emotional reaction rather than a rational one.

I do take offense that you think I waste ammo though... I NEVER waste ammo. Every round available is used to maintain muscle memory and tight shot groups.

I didn't take it that you were telling me anything, no worries.

I just felt compelled to explain my tendency to be uncivil, not that I even feel it's entirely justified because obviously in some cases it isn't. It's an emotional reaction rather than a rational one.

I do take offense that you think I waste ammo though... I NEVER waste ammo. Every round available is used to maintain muscle memory and tight shot groups.

:clap2:

Imagine that, the Huffington post reporting that the majority, by a wide margin, favor a limit on abortion.

Most Americans would favor sweeping new national restrictions on abortion after the 20th week of pregnancy, according to a new HuffPost/YouGov poll. But the poll also shows many Americans remain conflicted in their views on abortion.

By a margin of 59 percent to 30 percent, respondents to the new poll said they would favor a federal law banning abortion after 20 weeks of pregnancy.

A supermajority of Americans oppose abortions after the first trimester.

But instead of capitalizing on that, the GOP has to be vindictive and add vaginal probe sauce and no exceptions for incest/rape extract into the cake mix.

Imagine that, the Huffington post reporting that the majority, by a wide margin, favor a limit on abortion.

Most Americans would favor sweeping new national restrictions on abortion after the 20th week of pregnancy, according to a new HuffPost/YouGov poll. But the poll also shows many Americans remain conflicted in their views on abortion.

By a margin of 59 percent to 30 percent, respondents to the new poll said they would favor a federal law banning abortion after 20 weeks of pregnancy.

But instead of capitalizing on that, the GOP has to be vindictive and add vaginal probe sauce and incest/rape extract into the cake mix.

Its funny how you ask the government to get out of marriage and abortion, but then turn around and plead for its permission in the same breath.

I sure believe that.

Oh, but I do, Pete...every one! There is more to the story, which I know you won't believe, but it is true. She ended up going on a cruise with 8 people in our Singles club...and before it was halfway over, she managed to offend all of them! Last I heard, she returned, whined to everybody that the others would not even save her a seat at dinner, and then quit the club! Even more interesting is that I know these 8 people pretty well, and only three of them could be considered liberal. They just got tired of the radical Right wing rants.

Not that I've been sticking to the topic either, but what does that whole bullshit story have to do with anything?

If you have dating issues try finding hook ups at the local homeless shelter, I'm sure you'll be able to find someone with just as tight a grip on reality as you have.

But instead of capitalizing on that, the GOP has to be vindictive and add vaginal probe sauce and incest/rape extract into the cake mix.

Its funny how you ask the government to get out of marriage and abortion, but then turn around and plead for its permission in the same breath.

Not just ask permission, but demand validation and protection.

Hey, dummies. I'm pro-life.

Hey, dummies. I'm pro-life.

Uhh, but here you are defending the right of a woman to have an abortion. Hey dummy, I ain't no dummy.

Next.

g5000 said:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back