Abortion Poll Finds Support For 20-Week Ban

Abortion laws are based are 2 concepts, viability, and personhood. If it can survive outside the womb, it can't be aborted. If it has a fully functioning brain, it can't be aborted.

Babies can and have survived at 21 weeks, and the babies brain is not considered fully functioning until 25 weeks.

The youngest baby to survive was 21 weeks and 6 days.

Abortion laws are based are 2 concepts, viability, and personhood. If it can survive outside the womb, it can't be aborted. If it has a fully functioning brain, it can't be aborted.

Babies can and have survived at 21 weeks, and the babies brain is not considered fully functioning until 25 weeks.

So would you consider 22 weeks to be the cut off?

No, of course you wouldn't. Abortion is the sacrament of your Marxist cult.

It's just too goddamned bad you escaped "the choice".

I personally have no problem with libtards sucking their offspring down a drain. It's better than having to support them on welfare and in prisons or should they escape those odds, end up "educating" our kids.

Be advised noomi, you can always make that choice retroactively yourself and remove your "carbon footprint". The world will be a better place.

So, lets flip this concept. The brain of an already born human being isn't fully developed until at least 21 years of age.

According to the pro abortionists here, that means the person is not viable or able to live on their own in the outside world without dependence on a parent.

I love how this logic works. It's a double standard.

We are talking about fetal viability here, as you well know.

So would you consider 22 weeks to be the cut off?

No, of course you wouldn't. Abortion is the sacrament of your Marxist cult.

It's just too goddamned bad you escaped "the choice".

I personally have no problem with libtards sucking their offspring down a drain. It's better than having to support them on welfare and in prisons or should they escape those odds, end up "educating" our kids.

Be advised noomi, you can always make that choice retroactively yourself and remove your "carbon footprint". The world will be a better place.

I think you have a lot of hatred, and you need to let it out. Perhaps you could bang your head against a brick wall?

Have you ever visited a neonatal intensive care unit?
The parents are every bit as amazing as those little babies.

They chose to stay and fight with them. Not walk away while their children are flushed down the sewer.

Have you ever visited a neonatal intensive care unit?
The parents are every bit as amazing as those little babies.

They chose to stay and fight with them. Not walk away while their children are flushed down the sewer.

I have had no reason to visit one of those units - but the babies born are viable. They can survive outside the womb, they just need a bit of artificial help.

What does that have to do with abortion, Noomi?

You said anything with a beating heart is alive. I provided you with an example that might change your mind.

I agree with noomi, she has a beating heart, but is obviously braindead.

Now where is that giant shop vac?

That was quite unnecessary, Pete. Me and Noomi are quite amicable to each other now, and I don't believe her to be "braindead." Yes we disagree on a great deal of things, but that doesn't mean I should put her down for it. I implore you not to do the same. :)

You said anything with a beating heart is alive. I provided you with an example that might change your mind.

That was quite unnecessary, Pete. Me and Noomi are quite amicable to each other now, and I don't believe her to be "braindead." Yes we disagree on a great deal of things, but that doesn't mean I should put her down for it. I implore you not to do the same. :)

Its okay, If he dared to, I'd karate chop him. LOL.

So, lets flip this concept. The brain of an already born human being isn't fully developed until at least 21 years of age.

According to the pro abortionists here, that means the person is not viable or able to live on their own in the outside world without dependence on a parent.

So, anything still undergoing development should be considered a "fetus" until fully mature. (Yes, I know, quite preposterous, but that's the same reasoning we apply to unborn children in the womb)

Its okay, If he dared to, I'd karate chop him. LOL.

Careful, we need to save your Bruce Lee impressions for the gig you're performing at the coffee shop tonight!

I shall respect your request. You have good judgement regarding character.

Noomi, I apologize for such offensive posts towards you personally.

So, anything still undergoing development should be considered a "fetus" until fully mature. (Yes, I know, quite preposterous, but that's the same reasoning we apply to unborn children in the womb)

Now you are just being silly. A fetus refers to that which resides in the woman, nothing else.

Apology accepted. You can debate without becoming nasty, you know. TK and I have learned to respect each other. :)

What is the difference between an abortion at 19 weeks and six days, and an abortion at 20 weeks?

Zilch.

True, the limit ban is just a general number that in America equates to viability. 20 week babies have been known to survive. It's rare, buts its happened.

Too bad nobody has applied science to this discussion. A fetus is viable as early as 8 weeks after conception. Multiple texts indicate such. When the fetus begins taking on the noticeable characteristics of the species which conceived it, it is recognized as an immature form of that species. I don't see what good a number does, when in all reality what will happen is that women can now abort an unborn child at an earlier stage of it's development.

It's barbaric.

In your opinion.

Fortunately the courts have wisely ruled to disallow government from interfering with private, personal decisions concerning abortion predicated on subjective opinion, thus allowing each person to decide for himself what’s appropriate, based on his religion, perception of morality, and his own good conscience.

Now you are just being silly. A fetus refers to that which resides in the woman, nothing else.

I admit it is silly, Noomi. Because it begs the question: why exactly to we apply this same silly reasoning to a fetus?

Last edited:
True, the limit ban is just a general number that in America equates to viability. 20 week babies have been known to survive. It's rare, buts its happened.

Too bad nobody has applied science to this discussion. A fetus is viable as early as 8 weeks after conception. Multiple texts indicate such. When the fetus begins taking on the noticeable characteristics of the species which conceived it, it is recognized as an immature form of that species. I don't see what good a number does, when in all reality what will happen is that women can now abort an unborn child at an earlier stage of it's development.

It's barbaric.

In your opinion.

Fortunately the courts have wisely ruled to disallow government from interfering with private, personal decisions concerning abortion predicated on subjective opinion, thus allowing each person to decide for himself what’s appropriate, based on his religion, perception of morality, and his own good conscience.

Just as you allowed SCOTUS to rule on marriage [(Loving v. Virginia (1967)] and abortion [(Roe v. Wade (1973)]? Is that not government interference? Wanting the government to allow abortion... is that not government interference? Wanting them to condone one form of marriage along with another? Is that not government interference?

Listen to yourself Clayton! How do you possibly want the government to not interfere in marriage or in the sexual habits of women, but in each of these cases you strive for it's condonement of both? Do you not understand that this allows the government to regulate them?

Why do you insult my intelligence this way?

Last edited:

I admit it is silly, Noomi. Because it begs the question: why exactly to we apply this same silly reasoning to a fetus?

I do not pretend to have all the answers.

Apology accepted. You can debate without becoming nasty, you know. TK and I have learned to respect each other. :)

I generally begin with nasty. It's a means of venting.

I don't usually bother with "debating" since I regard people who tend to promote "progressive" politics as mindless drones who regurgitate what they're programmed to without any individual thinking. I just enjoy using the Alinsky Rule #5:

Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon. It’s hard to counterattack ridicule, and it infuriates the opposition, which then reacts to your advantage.

People like TK debate well, and if he considers you esteemed enough to be respected as more than a vapid liberal you must be worthy of an apology and have valid arguments you make on your own as opposed to the "people" who paste Huffington Post talking points as if they're gospel.

It's barbaric.

In your opinion.

Soooo... It would be OK with you if a group of satanists decided to consume your entrails while you were still alive screaming for help?

That would be democratic of course, you simply lost the vote....

Imagine that, the Huffington post reporting that the majority, by a wide margin, favor a limit on abortion.

Abortion Poll Finds Support For 20-Week Ban.

Read the results of the entire poll, people.

Abortion should always be legal . .19%
Abortion should be generally
legal, but with some restrictions . . 27%
Abortion should be generally
illegal, except in special circumstances . 30%

76% of Americans believe that abortion should be available.

And they believe it should be available and accessible to everybody.

Forum List

Back