Abortion VS Death Penalty

The state (any governing body of this countey) should not have the power to execute citizens as punishment. For anything. Neither should the federal government assign a “right” to citizens to execute unborn babies. If states want to make some kind of exception to that, let them argue it in the public forum and see what society will allow.

I support neither.
I support one but not the other. Abortion is killing innocent life. I have no problem defending society from murdering SOB's.

There, we have all perspectives now.

Actually, I think that there are instances where abortion is necessary, but what I don't agree with is women having one done because of money issues.

Problem is, statistics show that most women have abortions due to financial concerns.

Heard an interesting reason for the shift away from abortion “rights” by young people. They’ve all grown up with pictures of ultrasounds of their next brother or sister on the fridge. They understand. That was them.

I support neither.
In 2019, the maternal mortality rate for non-Hispanic black women was 44.0 deaths per 100,000 live births, 2.5 times the rate for non-Hispanic white women (17.9) and 3.5 times the rate for Hispanic women (12.6) (Figure 1 and Table). Rates for non-Hispanic black women were significantly higher than rates for non-Hispanic white and Hispanic women. The increase in the maternal mortality rate from 2018 (14.9) to 2019 for non-Hispanic white women was statistically significant. The observed increases from 2018 to 2019 for non-Hispanic black women and Hispanic women were not significant.
----------------------------------
they want blacks to die from childbirth.

You, had best for all states better do something about maternal childbirth. Republican states.

the rate of c sections are climbing also in states of republicans.

All along, Julia Maeda knew she wanted to have her baby naturally. For her, that meant in a hospital, vaginally, without an epidural for pain relief.

Her home state of Mississippi has the highest cesarean section rate in the U.S. — nearly 4 in 10 women who give birth there deliver their babies via C-section. Almost two weeks past her due date in 2019, Maeda became one of them after her doctor came to her bedside while she was in labor.

“‘You’re not in distress, and your baby is not in distress — but we don’t want you to get that way, so we need to think about a C-section,’” she recalled her doctor saying. “I was totally defeated. I just gave in.”
---------------------------------

all republicans have a new law to take care of pg women, we are not forgiving.

Last edited:
Both vaginal deliveries and C-sections come with risks and potential complications. Women who deliver vaginally can experience perineal tears or need an episiotomy that requires stitches and several weeks of healing time. Additionally, many women will experience issues with bladder control or an organ prolapse after a vaginal birth.

And similarly to other major surgeries, a cesarean has potential risks and complications. According to the ACOG, problems can occur with infection, blood loss, blood clots, injury to the bowel or bladder, and reactions to the anesthesia or medication--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blood loss and infection are major in maternal death.

• The most recent U.S. maternal mortality ratio, or rate, of 17.4 per 100,000 pregnancies represented approximately 660 maternal deaths in 2018. This ranks last overall among industrialized countries.
  • More than half of recorded maternal deaths occur after the day of birth.
  • The maternal death ratio for Black women (37.1 per 100,000 pregnancies) is 2.5 times the ratio for white women (14.7) and three times the ratio for Hispanic women (11.8).
  • A Black mother with a college education is at 60 percent greater risk for a maternal death than a white or Hispanic woman with less than a high school education.
  • Causes of death vary widely, with death from hemorrhage most likely during pregnancy and at the time of birth and deaths from heart conditions and mental health–related conditions (including substance use and suicide) most common in the postpartum period.

Forum List

Back