Abortion was 50/50. Now it is quicksand.

SavannahMann

Platinum Member
Nov 16, 2016
There is an old saying, I’d call it a curse. Watch what you wish for. You just might get it.

For decades Conservatives dreamed of overturning Roe. They salivated at ending this right. They imagined that this would be the culmination of all their dreams.

For elected Republicans the trap is right here before them. If they back off of Abortion to represent the majority view, they alienate the base and lose their positions. If they embrace the base they still risk losing their positions to a majority populist view.

For decades Republicans claimed that the Democrats didn’t dare allow the issue onto the ballot as they would lose. It was a favorite claim of Rush Limbaugh as one example. But the truth turns out to be much stranger than fiction. Every time Abortion is on the ballot the Left wins.

Now this is apparently supported by polling which shows roughly 60% of the people supporting the right to an Abortion in most cases. In other words the standards of the old Roe decision.

So how did this happen? How did decades of polling get it so wrong? I think it is money where the mouth was syndrome.

I don’t like Abortions. I would prefer the woman choose another path. However my dislike doesn’t change my duty as an American to protect her rights. As I argue to protect other rights, even if the individual is doing something I disagree with, I argue in favor of the woman’s right to choose her own path.

For those who would argue it is a Sin. Perhaps it is. But I’m not the one who judges such things. That is God. That is between God and her. I may be able to pray that God have mercy. But that is about all I can do.

I always oppose someone having their rights stripped away. I would hope that you feel the same way. I suspect many of you do not.

Abortion was 50/50.
Actually, a majority of Americans have consistently supported the right to privacy and opposed abortion bans.

But the point is well-made nonetheless – the issue of abortion has given Democrats a clear advantage; they now wield the same weapon Republican surrendered the consequence of Dobbs.

Actually, a majority of Americans have consistently supported the right to privacy and opposed abortion bans.

But the point is well-made nonetheless – the issue of abortion has given Democrats a clear advantage; they now wield the same weapon Republican surrendered the consequence of Dobbs.
Yep....murdering babies is all you Godless leftists have.

Murder is not a right--just to clarify for you.

I was unaware that a woman, by virture of pregnancy, had a right to murder another living human.

There is the problem. Most people seem to realize what you do not. At six weeks it is impossible for the Fetus to survive outside the Womb. So while it may be a human in a few more months, it really doesn’t qualify now.

If I handed you a Fetus. And even if you were surrounded by an unlimited budget, with every medical expert at hand. Nothing you or they could do would change the fact that the fetus will cease to live.

It can’t live on its own.

Another old saying. Don’t count your chickens before they hatch.

A lot of things can happen. Even if the Mother does everything she should. There are miscarriages, still births, and a host of other complications. It isn’t ever as simple as shouting that’s a human. It’s murder.

As evidenced by the elections I mentioned. It is the belief of the majority.

There should be off-year ballot referendum on abortion in every state but the couple that already had them.....Let the people decide the issue by direct vote, not legislatures beholden to the crazies on either side of the issue.

They literally just held one in Wisconsin. It was for the State Supreme Court and everyone knew Abortion was riding on the election.

2023. Not even a November election. And there again a clear majority voted to send a Liberal to the State Supreme Court to protect the right to an Abortion.

What else do you want? An election held in secret where nobody knows it is happening?

Yep....murdering babies is all you Godless leftists have.
What’s interesting is the fact that conservatives neither expected nor wanted Roe to be overturned – abortion was a powerful wedge/hot button issue that kept the GOP base angry, engaged, and going to the polls.

Now it’s a powerful wedge/hot button issue for Democrats – the unintended consequences of overturning Roe.

always oppose someone having their rights stripped away. I would hope that you feel the same way. I suspect many of you do not.
I don’t believe in Rights. I believe in Right and Wrong. Nothing else. I didn’t define Right and Wrong. No human being did. They should be as instinctive to us as the yearly migration is to the animals.

I don’t believe in Rights. I believe in Right and Wrong. Nothing else. I didn’t define Right and Wrong. No human being did. They should be as instinctive to us as the yearly migration is to the animals.

Instinctive is the worst way to determine right and wrong.

Slavery existed for millennia. It was considered right because those with the power could do it. The instinctive operates with a basic me first attitude. It is the pathway towards greed. Towards self destruction. It is specifically what we are taught by every major religion to avoid.

Understanding the instinctive is important. Controlling it with principled thought is vital.

What’s interesting is the fact that conservatives neither expected nor wanted Roe to be overturned – abortion was a powerful wedge/hot button issue that kept the GOP base angry, engaged, and going to the polls.

Now it’s a powerful wedge/hot button issue for Democrats – the unintended consequences of overturning Roe.
Don't you understand.......both the left and the Neocons conspired to make it that way.
It's how they plan to bring this country down....by using women to vote like idiots and put the communists in power to the point where they can't be stopped.

There is the problem. Most people seem to realize what you do not. At six weeks it is impossible for the Fetus to survive outside the Womb. So while it may be a human in a few more months, it really doesn’t qualify now.

If I handed you a Fetus. And even if you were surrounded by an unlimited budget, with every medical expert at hand. Nothing you or they could do would change the fact that the fetus will cease to live.

It can’t live on its own.

Another old saying. Don’t count your chickens before they hatch.

A lot of things can happen. Even if the Mother does everything she should. There are miscarriages, still births, and a host of other complications. It isn’t ever as simple as shouting that’s a human. It’s murder.

As evidenced by the elections I mentioned. It is the belief of the majority.
Try being honest for a change. We are not talking about miscarriages, early births, births that would be a danger to the mother, rape or incest--all very clearly excepted in so-called abortion bans. Those arguments are normal disingenuous democrat distraction. We ARE talking about abortion for the convenience of a slut that couldn't keep her legs together or think far enough ahead to prevent an unwanted pregnancy. In short MURDER. BTW, I hope you never go on a ventilator, you could not survive without it, so we can murder you as well, eh?

There is an old saying, I’d call it a curse. Watch what you wish for. You just might get it.

For decades Conservatives dreamed of overturning Roe. They salivated at ending this right. They imagined that this would be the culmination of all their dreams.

For elected Republicans the trap is right here before them. If they back off of Abortion to represent the majority view, they alienate the base and lose their positions. If they embrace the base they still risk losing their positions to a majority populist view.

For decades Republicans claimed that the Democrats didn’t dare allow the issue onto the ballot as they would lose. It was a favorite claim of Rush Limbaugh as one example. But the truth turns out to be much stranger than fiction. Every time Abortion is on the ballot the Left wins.

Now this is apparently supported by polling which shows roughly 60% of the people supporting the right to an Abortion in most cases. In other words the standards of the old Roe decision.

So how did this happen? How did decades of polling get it so wrong? I think it is money where the mouth was syndrome.

I don’t like Abortions. I would prefer the woman choose another path. However my dislike doesn’t change my duty as an American to protect her rights. As I argue to protect other rights, even if the individual is doing something I disagree with, I argue in favor of the woman’s right to choose her own path.

For those who would argue it is a Sin. Perhaps it is. But I’m not the one who judges such things. That is God. That is between God and her. I may be able to pray that God have mercy. But that is about all I can do.

I always oppose someone having their rights stripped away. I would hope that you feel the same way. I suspect many of you do not.
It is not a federal issue nor should it have ever been. Same with marriage.

They literally just held one in Wisconsin. It was for the State Supreme Court and everyone knew Abortion was riding on the election.

2023. Not even a November election. And there again a clear majority voted to send a Liberal to the State Supreme Court to protect the right to an Abortion.

What else do you want? An election held in secret where nobody knows it is happening?
Are you retarded?.....I said put it to the people for a vote, not by some proxy BS.

Fuckin' dems see it as the gift that keeps on giving and if the gop does not pull their head out of their ass and put it to rest in the barely red states where they still hold sway that's exactly what it's going to be, a ox yoke around their necks.

Try being honest for a change. We are not talking about miscarriages, early births, births that would be a danger to the mother, rape or incest--all very clearly excepted in so-called abortion bans. Those arguments are normal disingenuous democrat distraction. We ARE talking about abortion for the convenience of a slut that couldn't keep her legs together or think far enough ahead to prevent an unwanted pregnancy. In short MURDER. BTW, I hope you never go on a ventilator, you could not survive without it, so we can murder you as well, eh?

It isn’t murder. Again if I handed you a Fetus that was two months old. You couldn’t keep it alive with all the medical technology in the world. If it can’t live on its own it can’t be a human yet. Maybe it will be in the future. Maybe it won’t. We don’t know.

As for why she is getting an Abortion. Let me ask you this. Why don’t we blame the guy? How did the girl get the injection of sperm? Why don’t we hold the guy responsible? No we shame the girl. We saddle her with the kid ruining her life. We scream she’s a loser and lazy if she needs food stamps to help feed the kid.

If you want to know why 60% of the people disagree with you, it isn’t because I’m the one lying. It’s because you are irrational and borderline insane.

Why don’t we blame the guy?
We do. That is why they have child support. Where've you been?
No we shame the girl. We saddle her with the kid ruining her life.
Ever hear of adoption? There are lists a mile long of people who want to adopt.
If you want to know why 60% of the people disagree with you,
Fake News.
It isn’t murder. Again if I handed you a Fetus that was two months old.
Once a heartbeat is detected, a life exists. Murderer.

It is not a federal issue nor should it have ever been. Same with marriage.

What keeps the cops from busting down your door and looking around without a warrant? Your right to be secure in your person and papers. What keeps the cops from beating a confession out of you? Since when is a local armed robbery Federal Business?

Protecting the rights of everyone is exactly the Federal Issue. That is first and foremost the duty of the Federal Government. George Washington took the very first Oath of Office. Do you know what is says? I will support and defend the Constitution. If the Constitution is the highest law in the land, then those rights are paramount.

We do. That is why they have child support. Where've you been?

Ever hear of adoption? There are lists a mile long of people who want to adopt.

Fake News.

Once a heartbeat is detected, a life exists. Murderer.

Fake news? Was the vote in Kansas fake? How about the election in Wisconsin?

You mention adoption. People don’t qualify for adoption. Hell they don’t qualify to adopt a pet. But you want to force them to have a baby. Good idea scooter.

Forum List

Back