Accidentally overheard some of the democrat debate... REPARATIONS?

Right. Don't take me wrong. On top fully will not be any better was my point.

I'm guessing people are saying that they shouldn't be punished for the sins of their fathers.

Not asking this directly of you. Just getting on topic

Do I have this correct?

Yes. Do you think you should pay for your father's sins?

I don't. I bet you are not consistent in this belief but when I point out the hypocrisy the answer will be "off topic".

A whataboutism is a logical fallacy. It does not further the debate. It is a red herring of sorts.

Go read up on logical fallacies. Lots of good reading (more than you'll want - trust me)
Then how can you force my family to pay?

That's the way society works......but if you read what I stated earlier, I said I do not agree with reperations.

Those who.come after should not be held accountable for the sins.of their fathers.

Agree?

I definitely agree about not paying for the sims of the fathers..... especially, father’s who were not mine.

Does this apply to Hispanics brought here as children by their fathers?

How brave... a other off-topic item after having been already warned...

They don't pay for their father's sins - but their own of being in the country illegally. Dude, you are not smart, stop pretending you are and engage in the discussion honestly.

A child did nothing wrong.

Contrary to your belief, it is criminal to cross the border illegally, no matter what one's age is.

You know, reparations might not be such a bad idea as long as the GUILTY are punished...

Since there are no surviving slave owners, that evidently leaves the political party that supported slavery, ran the KKK in order to terrorize the freed blacks, and instituted Jim Crow laws in order to deprive blacks of their civil rights for 100 years after the Civil War....

When can we sieze the Democrat Party's assets to pay those reparations???

That's the way society works......but if you read what I stated earlier, I said I do not agree with reperations.

Those who.come after should not be held accountable for the sins.of their fathers.

Agree?

I definitely agree about not paying for the sims of the fathers..... especially, father’s who were not mine.

Dude, I see what you're doing. You think you're clever. Let me tell you, it's obvious. Why don't you just debate the fucking merits of reparations. Start your own fucking thread. You have the right to do so. The OP has been awfully nice to you about your bullshit.

LOL.....so you don't actually believe what you said? Your words only apply to you but not others?

How can one debate something when one participant is being dishonest in their beliefs?

Ice cream has no bones.

I have no fucking idea what you are talking about.

Yes. Do you think you should pay for your father's sins?

I don't. I bet you are not consistent in this belief but when I point out the hypocrisy the answer will be "off topic".

A whataboutism is a logical fallacy. It does not further the debate. It is a red herring of sorts.

Go read up on logical fallacies. Lots of good reading (more than you'll want - trust me)

Agree?

They don't pay for their father's sins - but their own of being in the country illegally. Dude, you are not smart, stop pretending you are and engage in the discussion honestly.

Contrary to your belief, it is criminal to cross the border illegally, no matter what one's age is.

Sins of the father. Would I be wrong in believing you want to boot those born here of parents who came illegally?

Agree?

Dude, I see what you're doing. You think you're clever. Let me tell you, it's obvious. Why don't you just debate the fucking merits of reparations. Start your own fucking thread. You have the right to do so. The OP has been awfully nice to you about your bullshit.

LOL.....so you don't actually believe what you said? Your words only apply to you but not others?

How can one debate something when one participant is being dishonest in their beliefs?

Ice cream has no bones.

I have no fucking idea what you are talking about.

Yes you do. As I said.....dishonesty.

I did not say that. I am saying there are African families that captured and sold slaves. They are the ones that benefitted.

I'm pretty sure we can't force African families to participate any more than Trump can get Mexico to pay for the wall.

Agree?

This is CLEARLY another whataboutism. We just had this discussion.

Reported.

I'm pretty sure we can't force African families to participate any more than Trump can get Mexico to pay for the wall.

Agree?

Reported.

Am I offending your sensibilities? Should I give you a time out to recuperate?

Am I wrong to note that you do believe in punishing others for the sins of their fathers, just as long as it's not you?

Agree?

Reported.

Am I wrong to note that you do believe in punishing others for the sins of their fathers, just as long as it's not you?

DUDE, I've clearly stated I DON'T BELIEVE IN REPARATIONS. FUCK get a clue.

Start a thread on illegal alien children being brought here by their father and/or mother and I will discuss the merits of that situation and you'll get my opinion. But I won't feed your fucking ASSUMPTIONS of my thoughts the thoughts of others because you didn't get my opinion. Fuck off.

Agree?

Reported.

Neither do I but that wasnt what I asked about. I pointed out that you don't really believe in not punishing others for the sins of their fathers so why did you say you did?

Start a thread on illegal alien children being brought here by their father and/or mother and I will discuss the merits of that situation and you'll get my opinion. But I won't feed your fucking ASSUMPTIONS of my thoughts the thoughts of others because you didn't get my opinion. Fuck off.

Nearly every problem we face is basically a problem because of hypocrisy.

Reported.

Neither do I but that wasnt what I asked about. I pointed out that you don't really believe in not punishing others for the sins of their fathers so why did you say you did?

The person who can make the connection between butterfly flapping its wings in Australia and situation of the blacks in USA tells us that everything is because of hypocrisy... are you sure that every problem is not basically because of any and every issue?

I am certain that you are a hypocrite according to this dude if you do not believe in open borders because after all borders are secured with tax money and children should not be punished. So this is just the same as bailouts and blablabla...

Sins of the father. Would I be wrong in believing you want to boot those born here of parents who came illegally?

You could very well be wrong. You're making an assumption on a red herring you tossed out (paying for the sins of ones father). It's a logical fallacy. Go get educated on logical fallacies and red herrings. Maybe that will help in you understanding where you went astray in your complete failure to provide a valid debate point.

Reported.

Because the term you used fit the situation. That doesn't necessarily mean it fits all situations. You are using a red herring. Look it up.

Reported.

Where did I say I believed in punishing someone for the sins of their fathers?

You could very well be wrong. You're making an assumption on a red herring you tossed out (paying for the sins of ones father). It's a logical fallacy. Go get educated on logical fallacies and red herrings. Maybe that will help in you understanding where you went astray in your complete failure to provide a valid debate point.

Could I be wrong? Sure but I can't determine that unless you are willing to discuss it.

Reported.

Because the term you used fit the situation. That doesn't necessarily mean it fits all situations. You are using a red herring. Look it up.

So please, explain. Why should some be held responsible for what their fathers did but no others?

Reported.

Where did I say I believed in punishing someone for the sins of their fathers?

That's what I'm trying to determine. Not all are hypocrites here. If not I would certainly commend you.

Do you believe those born here of illegal parents should be deported or that the laws should change to allow it?

Reported.

So please, explain. Why should some be held responsible for what their fathers did but no others?

It was already explained to you.

Residing in the country is illegal no matter what the father did. And the other reason is that it benefits Americans, and that is who set the policies here.

Go troll to your own thread.

Residing in the country is illegal no matter what the father did. And the other reason is that it benefits Americans, and that is who set the policies here.

What about those born here of parents who came.illegally?

You were provided the links about whataboutism. Which part do you have trouble with?

What about go make your own thread!

My opinion is that they obviously are not Americans and are therefore in the country illegally.

You were provided the links about whataboutism. Which part do you have trouble with?

What about go make your own thread!

My opinion is that they obviously are not Americans and are therefore in the country illegally.

Those born here are Americans. You want to punish them for the sins of their fathers.

Forum List

Back