Accidentally overheard some of the democrat debate... REPARATIONS?

This conversation is getting off course. Please keep it related to the subject of reparations.

Watch.....that won't go any better. (not commenting on your moderation)

My point is that this thread is eight pages long and seven of them are talking about something other than reparations. What started off as a Devil's Advocate retort unintentionally turned into a red herring.

Right. Don't take me wrong. On top fully will not be any better was my point.

I'm guessing people are saying that they shouldn't be punished for the sins of their fathers.

Not asking this directly of you. Just getting on topic

Do I have this correct?

The crazy train just keeps getting crazier. I could have sworn that I heard democrats on the debate stage vouching for reparations trying to out-crazy each other. They have gone full regressive.

What is wrong with these people?

The Stalinists are losing the black vote, they are desperate and will promise ANYTHING to woo black votes. If they lose the Carolinas....

Here is the actual quote

"Let me say this, I disagree. Andrew, no, let me say this. I disagree with you Andrew. I am the person on this stage who will say openly, I’m for reparations. Something wrong happened. I am for reparations to African Americans in this country, and anyone who things that racism is a thing of the past and not an ongoing problem is not dealing with reality. In fact, three days ago, one of the leaders of Joe Biden’s South Carolina campaign made racist remarks about someone associated with our campaign, and the Legislative Black Caucus went out en masse to stand up for that man and for our campaign. Joe, I’m asking you to come with me and the Legislative Black Caucus and disavow Dick Harpootlian and what he had to say. It was wrong, and I’m asking you to join us. Be on the right side."

New Hampshire Democratic Debate Transcript - Rev

Lot of other regressive crap as well, like Sanders wanting to end bail.

The crazy train just keeps getting crazier. I could have sworn that I heard democrats on the debate stage vouching for reparations trying to out-crazy each other. They have gone full regressive.

The Stalinists are losing the black vote, they are desperate and will promise ANYTHING to woo black votes. If they lose the Carolinas....

Have they equated black = criminal? They really hate cops and want to see criminals having their way in black communities.

I think they're in trouble with many of their groups of supporters. The economy rules over all else unless we would get another terrorist attack, so correct, they may be losing ground with black voters. In our lifetime, we may never see 50% of blacks voting Republican, but a good percentage swing would kill the Democrat party.

Here is the actual quote

"Let me say this, I disagree. Andrew, no, let me say this. I disagree with you Andrew. I am the person on this stage who will say openly, I’m for reparations. Something wrong happened. I am for reparations to African Americans in this country, and anyone who things that racism is a thing of the past and not an ongoing problem is not dealing with reality. In fact, three days ago, one of the leaders of Joe Biden’s South Carolina campaign made racist remarks about someone associated with our campaign, and the Legislative Black Caucus went out en masse to stand up for that man and for our campaign. Joe, I’m asking you to come with me and the Legislative Black Caucus and disavow Dick Harpootlian and what he had to say. It was wrong, and I’m asking you to join us. Be on the right side."

They want bail to me more fairly meted out. A poor black man is accused of embezzling and off to prison they go to not being able to bail themselves out. They are unable to pay the families bills.

A middle aged white woman gets accused of the same and there is no problem with her bailing herself out.

If the punishment of being accused is sitting in jail until the trial, that should apply to all.

Here is the actual quote

They want bail to me more fairly meted out. A poor black man is accused of embezzling and off to prison they go to not being able to bail themselves out. They are unable to pay the families bills.

A middle aged white woman gets accused of the same and there is no problem with her bailing herself out.

If the punishment of being accused is sitting in jail until the trial, that should apply to all.

Well then the solution is not making it impossible for the white woman to bail herself out, the solution is for the black man working his way to the point he can do the same as the white woman. Plus your comparison is ridiculous. How many black guys get charged with embezzlement?

Here is the actual quote

We are dealing with a special kind of idiot here...

Without bail, what is preventing the people from simply walking out? Bail is not a punishment although I understand that a far leftists would see it that way.

Middle aged white women... these people are barely represented in crime at all, you seem to have a fixation on bringing up irrelevant stuff.

Here is the actual quote

Without bail, what is preventing the people from simply walking out? Bail is not a punishment although I understand that a far leftists would see it that way.

Middle aged white women... these people are barely represented in crime at all, you seem to have a fixation on bringing up irrelevant stuff.

Rob a 7-11 of $86 dollars and off to prison you go. Rob the taxpayers of millions and retire in luxury.

We do not have a blind justice system even though we pretend we do.

Here is the actual quote

Rob a 7-11 of $86 dollars and off to prison you go. Rob the taxpayers of millions and retire in luxury.

Do you really need to demonstrate your ability to not be able to stick to the topic any more?

I am not talking about corruption, but the average street criminal. Why are you constantly trying to mix up issue A with issue B?

Here is the actual quote

Do you really need to demonstrate your ability to not be able to stick to the topic any more?

I am not talking about corruption, but the average street criminal. Why are you constantly trying to mix up issue A with issue B?

It all goes to an unjust criminal system. Just because you don't want to own up to that does not make anything off topic.

That is what the bail argument is addressing. An unfair system. My example was simply one of many.

Here is the actual quote

It all goes to an unjust criminal system. Just because you don't want to own up to that does not make anything off topic.

That is what the bail argument is addressing. An unfair system. My example was simply one of many.

Your brain is so leftarded that it must be difficult to get out of bed. There is an issue A and it shares this meaningless similarity with this issue B, so now in fact, the issues are the same!

False-equivalence-graphic.jpg

The issue here is that democrats are pro-criminal and thus against the criminal justice system. They see it as racist that more black people go to jail and find no problem what so ever with the black criminals who commit all the crime. So out they go back to streets to commit more crime, mostly in black communities mind you.

How are reparations actually any different than bail outs?

I’m all for reparations provided that the African families and Business empires that started and benefitted from Western Slave trade pay their fair share.

Businesses great but no, no one ever benefitted by being a slave.

You misunderstand. You don't know much about history do you? There were black africans that would round up the blacks and trade them for goods with whitey so whitey could take them to America and use them as slaves. He's talking about the black africans.

Your brain is so leftarded that it must be difficult to get out of bed. There is an issue A and it shares this meaningless similarity with this issue B, so now in fact, the issues are the same!

The issue here is that democrats are pro-criminal and thus against the criminal justice system. They see it as racist that more black people go to jail and find no problem what so ever with the black criminals who commit all the crime. So out they go back to streets to commit more crime, mostly in black communities mind you.

How many bankers went to jail? (Not that I expect you to answer)

Dude, how many times do you need to be reminded of off-topic. MAKE YOUR OWN THREAD!!! It can't be this difficult.

How are reparations actually any different than bail outs?

I’m all for reparations provided that the African families and Business empires that started and benefitted from Western Slave trade pay their fair share.

Businesses great but no, no one ever benefitted by being a slave.

I did not say that. I am saying there are African families that captured and sold slaves. They are the ones that benefitted.

I'm pretty sure we can't force African families to participate any more than Trump can get Mexico to pay for the wall.

Then how can you force my family to pay?

Dude, how many times do you need to be reminded of off-topic. MAKE YOUR OWN THREAD!!! It can't be this difficult.

My post is 100% on topic. The debate over bail goes to the very heart of an unjust justice system.

Again, just because you refuse to acknowledge that does not make it off-topic. It makes is an example of the topic.

How many were charged? Was it fair that none were?

A close friend of mine works at the courts downtown. I asked him if he thought that blacks sometimes get a harsher sentence for similar crimes than whites. He said there is no documentation of that, but in his opinion, yes, they do. However the surprising thing is that it's given from black judges. It makes sense too.

If you were a white judge who disliked or hated blacks, the worst thing you could do for the black community is give black offenders easier sentences. They would be released quickly, or not serve anytime at all, and return to the black community to continue doing it harm.

A black judge wants to rid black communities of the people that are destroying it. That judge may very well live in those communities, or have family and friends that do.

If you are unable to stick to the topic, I will be reporting you. This thread is not about banks, MAKE YOUR OWN THREAD.

I'm trying to figure out why people support some bail outs and not others?

Is it actually all about the color of ones skin?

Reparations are NOT bail outs you idiot.

Are you pursuing a leftist gender studies degree or what has destroyed your thinking process to a degree that you believe we are talking about the same thing?

They are both giving people other people's money. I thought that was wrong.

I thought that was "theft".

No?

I thought this thread was about the democrat debates and reparations... what do you know, you have turned into something completely different.

Reported.

Just because my take on reperations exposes the hypocrisy around government give aways?

Conversation on a subject is only legit when you agree with it?

Reparations are a government give away (which btw I don't support) so I want to know why some are OK and some are not.

That is on topic.
No it's not.

Reported.

This conversation is getting off course. Please keep it related to the subject of reparations.

Watch.....that won't go any better. (not commenting on your moderation)

My point is that this thread is eight pages long and seven of them are talking about something other than reparations. What started off as a Devil's Advocate retort unintentionally turned into a red herring.

Right. Don't take me wrong. On top fully will not be any better was my point.

I'm guessing people are saying that they shouldn't be punished for the sins of their fathers.

Not asking this directly of you. Just getting on topic

Do I have this correct?

Yes. Do you think you should pay for your father's sins?

Forum List

Back