Actor Kirk Cameron Has Been Denied A Library Story Hour Deal.

I didn’t say “force”.

I’m saying the crux of true crux issue is the issue is that the gay couple isn’t following the baker’s moral code.

And they don't have to follow his moral code, just has he doesn't have to follow theirs when not making a cake for them. You're not making any point at all here. :dunno:

And they don't have to follow his moral code, just has he doesn't have to follow theirs when not making a cake for them. You're not making any point at all here. :dunno:
What morals code is he being asked to follow?

No one is asking him to stop being straight or Christian.

It’s just the baker that is applying their moral code on others.

Whatever, people of all beliefs enact laws based upon their morality. An easy one would be laws against pot.
Iran clerics have a morality police. exactly the thing I'd like to avoid. I get you point to a certain degree but it's not an absolute.

Iran clerics have a morality police. exactly the thing I'd like to avoid. I get you point to a certain degree but it's not an absolute.

No, it's not Iran and things do change here far quicker than Iran.

I doubt we will see gay marriage in Iran in my lifetime.

What morals code is he being asked to follow?

No one is asking him to stop being straight or Christian.

It’s just the baker that is applying their moral code on others.

Good God, that's not the issue, you are erecting your own strawman to argue against.

This issue is materially participating in a ceremony that he feels is a sin and goes against his religious beliefs, period.

The baker is doing no such thing, you just refuse to address anything I've actually said, and keep arguing the strawman.

Nothing I can do to help you. :dunno:

Good God, that's not the issue, you are erecting your own strawman to argue against.

This issue is materially participating in a ceremony that he feels is a sin and goes against his religious beliefs, period.

The baker is doing no such thing, you just refuse to address anything I've actually said, and keep arguing the strawman.

Nothing I can do to help you. :dunno:

You said that others were expecting the baker to follow their moral code, which makes no sense. Now you’re saying it’s not the issues but why did you bring it up.

The baker is applying his moral code to the gay couple by refusing to bake a cake for their wedding. It’s as simple as that. His religion is his religion. He shouldn’t apply it to others.

Go to a library to teach bigotry to kids, you’re going to get denied.

Go to a library to teach kids tolerance, that’s cool.

These are not the same.

If he intended giving a religious message then they rightly turned him down.

That is exclusionary and not what libraries should be about.And not what government funded entities should be promoting.

American libraries seem to be run by switched on people. You are very lucky.
You know you're not American, right?

You said that others were expecting the baker to follow their moral code, which makes no sense. Now you’re saying it’s not the issues but why did you bring it up.

The baker is applying his moral code to the gay couple by refusing to bake a cake for their wedding. It’s as simple as that. His religion is his religion. He shouldn’t apply it to others.

They were expecting the baker to go against his religious beliefs. Your word salad does not change the facts, or what I said.

The baker can 'apply' his moral code to whatever he wants to in his own life. If he 'applies' it to not participating in a gay marriage ceremony by not baking a cake for it, that is his right. He's not changing how anyone else lives their lives by doing so, zero effect on anyone else.

This thread actually isn’t about government force, you just have to make everything about it.

You called me a bigot against Christians when I only have a problem when Christians start applying their moral code to others.

Thing is, I know you’re the same way. You don’t accept others applying their moral code to you.

When the government says "bake this or stop baking", that's force.

that makes you a bigot.

A baker asking me to go to another baker isn't applying anything to me.

the extremists in far right religions.

That's not a number?

We've been a country for almost 250 years, started by people of faith, run by a majority of people of faith, yet not once have we come close to being a 'theocracy'. The number of people who identify as christians and who actually practice by going to church goes down every year, certainly much smaller than when we were founded. So the threat of the US becoming a theocracy is about ZERO. Unless more muslims start to move in. :dunno:

They were expecting the baker to go against his religious beliefs. Your word salad does not change the facts, or what I said.

The baker can 'apply' his moral code to whatever he wants to in his own life. If he 'applies' it to not participating in a gay marriage ceremony by not baking a cake for it, that is his right. He's not changing how anyone else lives their lives by doing so, zero effect on anyone else.
The gay couple is going against his religious belief. The only problem is that he feels the need to apply his religious beliefs to others.

That’s the issue.

Forum List

Back