Affirmative action, helpful or harmful?

I don't know where you got the notion that millions of blacks care what Jesse Jackson says. I've seen or heard nothing to support that contention.
Maybe you just see and hear nothing, in general.

th

And just who is allowing "PROGS" to discriminate against you? Trump? Jeff Sessions? cum on hon..spit it out don't swallow.
Obama, and his appointed judges.
It usually takes 5 Justices to arrive at a majority decision. And the Supreme Court has been dominated by Republican justices for decades. Pondering that carefully, I challenge you to cite one purported case of discrimination against (you?)that did not involve at least one Republican justice.

It usually takes 5 Justices to arrive at a majority decision. And the Supreme Court has been dominated by Republican justices for decades. Pondering that carefully, I challenge you to cite one purported case of discrimination against (you?)that did not involve at least one Republican justice.
What does it matter if one Republican justice was involved ? Republican and Democrat justices are involved in all cases ? What court is 100% R or D ? If you're going to make challenges, utilize basic common sense. Other threads >. you're wasting my time.

The Supreme Court has ruled several times, including in 2016 in the final decision in Fisher v. University of Texas, that affirmative action is constitutional and doesn’t discriminate against white applicants.

Last edited:
I'm sure a lot of companies were happy to get qualified workers instead of having to pick solely from what had always been available to them.
A lot of companies got UNqualified workers - because of AA.
When quotas were implemented that might have occured briefly; but after quotas were outlawed, all hires were drawn from a pool of qualified applicants. Anyone meeting minimum qualifications was/is qualified. Having the highest test score doesn't mean you fit a particular niche the company is looking for. That was never the case even when White males dominated the labor market almost exclusively.

Jessie Jacksons famous quote
"AA needs to be unfair to remedy past unfairness"
So, who cares what Jesse says?
At least at one point almost 100% of Black Americans
And just how did you MEASURE that? I would like to peer review your methodology.
It's called experiencing the time frame in question. See, experiences are facts and that's a difficulty for you liberals who want to theorize based on their feelings
Just as i thought. You're talking out of your arse again.:cul2:

Affirmative Action my ass.
Get a fucking job lazy bastards collecting paychecks for doing nothing and getting all kind of benefits while getting high.
I'm a minority my ass.
Earn your money or get the fuck out.
Sorry for the language but these people who take advantage of us honest hard working people make me sick.

When quotas were implemented that might have occured briefly; but after quotas were outlawed, all hires were drawn from a pool of qualified applicants. Anyone meeting minimum qualifications was/is qualified. Having the highest test score doesn't mean you fit a particular niche the company is looking for. That was never the case even when White males dominated the labor market almost exclusively.
FALSE! Liberals like to talk about what's on paper, and then try to tell us that's how things really are. Don't be ridiculous. Employers, Universities, banks, etc have been AA discriminating against whites, left & right for 50 years, and liberals are full of shit about it.

What does it matter if one Republican justice was involved ? Republican and Democrat justices are involved in all cases ? What court is 100% R or D ? If you're going to make challenges, utilize basic common sense. Other threads >. you're wasting my time.

The Supreme Court has ruled several times, including in 2016 in the final decision in Fisher v. University of Texas, that affirmative action is constitutional and doesn’t discriminate against white applicants.

So much for your assertion that Obama appointed judges discriminate against you.
If the highest court in the land upholds the opinions of Obama appointed judges what are you whining about?

Affirmative Action my ass.
Get a fucking job lazy bastards collecting paychecks for doing nothing and getting all kind of benefits while getting high.
I'm a minority my ass.
Earn your money or get the fuck out.
Sorry for the language but these people who take advantage of us honest hard working people make me sick.
Damn right...tell them lazy good for nothing. Congress persons to earn their money or get the hell out...

So much for your assertion that Obama appointed judges discriminate against you.
If the highest court in the land upholds the opinions of Obama appointed judges what are you whining about?
LOL,. I'm complaing about the racist (aganst whites) decision made by Obama's appointees on that SCOTUS, (Sotomayer, Kagan). What do you think I'm complaining about ? Sheeesh! :slap: :icon_rolleyes:

LOL,. I'm complaing about the racist (aganst whites) decision made by Obama's appointees on that SCOTUS, (Sotomayer, Kagan). What do you think I'm complaining about ? Sheeesh! :slap: :icon_rolleyes:
Its hard to tell, you whine about everything. You started this particular exchange complaining about Obama appointed judges and now you switch to complaining about Obama appointed SCOTUS Justices. Do you know the difference?

Its hard to tell, you whine about everything. You started this particular exchange complaining about Obama appointed judges and now you switch to complaining about Obama appointed SCOTUS Justices. Do you know the difference?
Obama appointed SCOTUS judges are part of the (larger) set of all Obama appointed judges. I have to explain basic logic now ? :slap:

And quit bothering me. I'm busy in other threads, talking to REAL posters.

City Planning.
So doing this (is this a civil servant job?). If so and you left this field and went into IT instead you should be earning about the same amount of money.

Quick Facts: Urban and Regional Planners
2016 Median Pay
$70,020 per year
$33.66 per hour
Typical Entry-Level Education Master's degree
Work Experience in a Related Occupation None
On-the-job Training None
Number of Jobs, 2016 36,000
Job Outlook, 2016-26 13% (Faster than average)
Employment Change, 2016-26 4,600
What Urban and Regional Planners Do
Urban and regional planners develop land use plans and programs that help create communities, accommodate population growth, and revitalize physical facilities in towns, cities, counties, and metropolitan areas.
I also read this, not saying that it's anything more than one person's opinion though but you may have ended up in a more stable industry - computers are not going anywhere and anyone who knows how to work on them, network, operate or program them can stay working virtually forever if they so choose. BUT you have to stay current by continuously upgrading your skill set since technology changes constantly and some people don't like always having to study

Are Urban Planning Job Opportunities Growing or Declining?

Are jobs in this industry on the rise? Are there any sub-sectors that are growing?

Where are the jobs? Which places have the most urban planner opportunities?

SQ in Gilroy, California

82 months ago

To be brutally honest with you, both of those degrees are basically a huge waste of time. If you want to be a bureaucratic paper pusher for the rest of your life, then maybe the MPA or MCP are for you. But you want to learn useful, critical skills that are and will be in demand when you graduate, go into a science based program like statistics, computer science, or engineering. I made the mistake of getting my masters in urban planning from a very reputable university and it hasn't gotten me anywhere.

Moreover, anyone with half a brain can do what people with planning degrees and MPA degrees do. It's a fallacy and a shame to think that you need an undergrad degree and a masters to do that kind of grunt work. Choose a science based program that you're interested. It'll be a heck of a lot more challenging but worth it in the long run. If you like planning, then you might be interested in transportation engineering for example. There are a few schools that have masters programs in transportation engineering in which you don't need a bachelors in the same field. Send me your email if you could like to discuss this some further.
Are urban planner job opportunities growing or declining? - Urban Planner Jobs | Indeed.com

infinitely more qualified than" me, huh ? I see you like to fabricate things in your posts. USMB posters BE AWARE!
Other whites made the cut in that class so why didn't you? What did they havr that you didn't? The obvious answer is enough to support my suspicions that you sre lying.

Actually, as long as you bring up the subject, it so happens that the 8 blacks who got assistantships were in the BOTTOM 10 of a class of 33. They were the LEAST QUALIFIED, and there is no "somehow" here. Was told to me by the director of the AA program, who was also my friend, and my basic planning course teacher (who also told me I was in the top 5).
YAWNNNNNN!

And NO, you don't think anything about this subject, because you don't have the foggiest idea, or knowledge about it. You're just spouting off drivel, as leftist AA supporters often do.
Iam a critical thinker and i know a lying skunk when i see or read the words of one.. Your lying scent glands are starting to smell up the plaxce.

As for sueing, that is something for people with stable finances. My thoughts were about paying rent and buying food. Not so easy when you're full-time student, with a ton of graduate school reading and homework.
Gawwwd! You're starting to reek. Please stop it... I can't breathe...wait...lemme say this: "gasp"... Maybe a pig caller like you should be SOOING instead of sueing...you'd have a better case.

So doing this (is this a civil servant job?). If so and you left this field and went into IT instead you should be earning about the same amount of money.

Quick Facts: Urban and Regional Planners
2016 Median Pay
$70,020 per year
$33.66 per hour
Typical Entry-Level Education Master's degree
Work Experience in a Related Occupation None
On-the-job Training None
Number of Jobs, 2016 36,000
Job Outlook, 2016-26 13% (Faster than average)
Employment Change, 2016-26 4,600
What Urban and Regional Planners Do
Urban and regional planners develop land use plans and programs that help create communities, accommodate population growth, and revitalize physical facilities in towns, cities, counties, and metropolitan areas.
I also read this, not saying that it's anything more than one person's opinion though but you may have ended up in a more stable industry - computers are not going anywhere and anyone who knows how to work on them, network, operate or program them can stay working virtually forever if they so choose. BUT you have to stay current by continuously upgrading your skill set since technology changes constantly and some people don't like always having to study

Are Urban Planning Job Opportunities Growing or Declining?

Are jobs in this industry on the rise? Are there any sub-sectors that are growing?

Where are the jobs? Which places have the most urban planner opportunities?

SQ in Gilroy, California

82 months ago

To be brutally honest with you, both of those degrees are basically a huge waste of time. If you want to be a bureaucratic paper pusher for the rest of your life, then maybe the MPA or MCP are for you. But you want to learn useful, critical skills that are and will be in demand when you graduate, go into a science based program like statistics, computer science, or engineering. I made the mistake of getting my masters in urban planning from a very reputable university and it hasn't gotten me anywhere.

Moreover, anyone with half a brain can do what people with planning degrees and MPA degrees do. It's a fallacy and a shame to think that you need an undergrad degree and a masters to do that kind of grunt work. Choose a science based program that you're interested. It'll be a heck of a lot more challenging but worth it in the long run. If you like planning, then you might be interested in transportation engineering for example. There are a few schools that have masters programs in transportation engineering in which you don't need a bachelors in the same field. Send me your email if you could like to discuss this some further.
Are urban planner job opportunities growing or declining? - Urban Planner Jobs | Indeed.com
I'm 72 years old. I retired 9 years ago. I still suffer from the AA discrimination I got in 1977, by the reduced Social Security payments I now receive, as a result of all the lower paid jobs I worked in for 32 years, that required a high school diploma or less.

In the end, all my college time and work was for naught. I never got hired to any job that required a college (even bachelor) degree. I had only 3 interviews in 32 years, and the most money I ever made was about $11/hour (in 2018 dollars)

Why ? Because despite being a minority race, I steadfastly refused to lower myself to the level of the lowlifes who accept AA. I wouldn't be caught dead engaging in the DISGRACE of filling out an AA questionnaire.

Forum List

Back