African Presence in Pre-Columbian Times

800px-World_Map_of_Y-DNA_Haplogroups.png

Genetically, most Africans belong to haplogroup E1b1b and E1b1b is predominant in Africa but it can also be found at high frequencies in southern Greece (40-50%). Adolf Hitler famously belonged to this African haplogroup that is largely responsible for Afro-Asiatic characteristics such as dark skin colour. Melanesians belong to haplogroups C, M or K as the map above shows and there is no trace of haplogroup E in their genetic makeup, which makes them non-Africans. It can be said that Hitler was genetically much closer to Africans than Aboriginal Australians are and it's also known that Africans had not admixed with Neanderthals and Denisovans.

denisovan_map.jpg

Interpolated spatial distribution of the frequency of Denisova alleles at SNPs where Denisova is different from chimpanzee and Neandertal. Sample localities are indicated with rectangles.

A recent study titled "Archaic human ancestry in East Asia" (Skoglunda and Jakobssona 2011) found the presence of Denisova alleles in Latin America at moderate frequencies and it can be cited as evidence of Melanesian migration to Latin America.

You make the mistake many do. All DNA types can come from Africa. Pictures dont lie. Historians do and have. The categories were created to seperate them from Africa but they still cant explain why Africans have the same Haplogroups in Africa. You couldnt pick a person from Fiji out of a group of Black americans or Africans if you tried. According to what you are believing this lady has no African DNA then.

SK9DMDY.jpg

Your argumentation is cannibalistic: it eats itself. Read ThirdTerm's comments again, check his link, read your comments and check your link.

The come tell us what you found out, or I am sure ThirdTerm will tell you him or herself what it means.

You are very confused.

Your obsession with race has clouded your ability to reason. That, or you really are as stupid as I initially thought.

Dont avoid the question. What did he do that was not done before?

Why are you trying to change the question? You said "he didn't do anything worth celebrating."

Which is it?

Take your pick. He didn't do anything worth celebrating nor did he do anything first. If he did you would be able to say what it was instead of dodging the question. :lol:

Last edited:
Dont avoid the question. What did he do that was not done before?

Why are you trying to change the question? You said "he didn't do anything worth celebrating."

Which is it?

Take your pick. He didn't do anything worth celebrating nor did he do anything first. If he did you would be able to say what it was instead of dodging the question. :lol:

Just to be clear: You are stating publicly that you really have no idea what Columbus did that has been considered "worth celebrating"? You are professing ignorance on this matter, correct?

Which is it?

Just to be clear: You are stating publicly that you really have no idea what Columbus did that has been considered "worth celebrating"? You are professing ignorance on this matter, correct?

I dont know how to be more frank with you. I have no clue what Columbus did that merits celebration or he did it first. Stop running and answer the question wise one.

I dont know how to be more frank with you. I have no clue what Columbus did that merits celebration...

Ok, just wanted to clarify that.

The voyages of Columbus marked the beginning of what would soon become large-scale exploration and eventual settlement by European powers in the New World. They also signaled a breakthrough in understanding of the geography of the American continents. It was a watershed from which point a great many significant events and developments - both good and bad - would follow. It led, eventually, to the founding of the greatest nation the world has ever known based on the most sacred and sound principles by which man has ever engaged in the messy task of governing himself. That is more than worthy of celebration. Many Brazilians, Argentinians, Mexicans, etc. are equally proud of the nations they have built and the accomplishments that have, over the centuries, flowed from them.

Were lots of other humans already long-established in the Americas by the time Columbus made his 'discovery'? Of course. Had some Vikings set up a few short-lived settlements long before? Seems so. Many other theories abound about contact, exploration, and possible settlement/integration by other peoples in the Americas, but the voyages of Columbus marked a highly significant turning point in history regardless of how one chooses - from today's perspective - to judge the consequences of what followed.

You really should have understood all this by the time you were in Jr high. Maybe if you had paid attention in school instead of fantasizing about punching your teachers you wouldn't need me to teach it to you now.

"A terrible thing to waste" and all that...

I dont know how to be more frank with you. I have no clue what Columbus did that merits celebration...

The voyages of Columbus marked the beginning of what would soon become large-scale exploration and eventual settlement by European powers in the New World. They also signaled a breakthrough in understanding of the geography of the American continents. It was a watershed from which point a great many significant events and developments - both good and bad - would follow. It led, eventually, to the founding of the greatest nation the world has ever known based on the most sacred and sound principles by which man has ever engaged in the messy task of governing himself. That is more than worthy of celebration. Many Brazilians, Argentinians, Mexicans, etc. are equally proud of the nations they have built and the accomplishments that have, over the centuries, flowed from them.

Were lots of other humans already long-established in the Americas by the time Columbus made his 'discovery'? Of course. Had some Vikings set up a few short-lived settlements long before? Seems so. Many other theories abound about contact, exploration, and possible settlement/integration by other peoples in the Americas, but the voyages of Columbus marked a highly significant turning point in history regardless of how one chooses - from today's perspective - to judge the consequences of what followed.

You really should have understood all this by the time you were in Jr high. Maybe if you had paid attention in school instead of fantasizing about punching your teachers you wouldn't need me to teach it to you now.

I congratulate you on your response being more than 1 sentence. However, I thought you had something new to say on the subject. His journey was only important to Spain who already knew from the Moors and Leif Ericsson's travels of the land mass now known as America. Columbus was a good salesman. He convinced the Spanish royalty they could possess the land other people were already living on. Strike one. His motives for taking the journey were to find a faster pathway to Asia. We all know he failed at that. Strike 2. His arrival in the Caribbean (he never set foot on North America or South America proper) killed off the natives. Are you saying that his mistake and the reported extinction of the Taíno tribes are cause for celebrating him?

Last edited:

I congratulate you on your response being more than 1 sentence. However, I thought you had something new to say on the subject. His journey was only important to Spain who already knew from the Moors and Leif Ericsson's travels of the land mass now known as America. Columbus was a good salesman. He convinced the Spanish royalty they could possess the land other people were already living on. Strike one. His motives for taking the journey were to find a faster pathway to Asia. We all know he failed at that. Strike 2. His arrival in the Caribbean (he never set foot on North America or South America proper) killed off the natives. Are you saying that his mistake and the reported genocide of the Taíno tribes are cause for celebrating him?

Try actually reading my response. All of your 'points' have been addressed. You wanted - in your ignorance - to know what was worth celebrating, so I informed you. Your subjective views (and evident prejudice) on the matter do not change the answer.

I congratulate you on your response being more than 1 sentence. However, I thought you had something new to say on the subject. His journey was only important to Spain who already knew from the Moors and Leif Ericsson's travels of the land mass now known as America. Columbus was a good salesman. He convinced the Spanish royalty they could possess the land other people were already living on. Strike one. His motives for taking the journey were to find a faster pathway to Asia. We all know he failed at that. Strike 2. His arrival in the Caribbean (he never set foot on North America or South America proper) killed off the natives. Are you saying that his mistake and the reported genocide of the Taíno tribes are cause for celebrating him?

Try actually reading my response. All of your 'points' have been addressed. You wanted - in your ignorance - to know what was worth celebrating, so I informed you. Your subjective views (and evident prejudice) on the matter do not change the answer.

I did read your response. To summarize you said it was great for white people without even qualifying your remark. Are you saying that what white people think is what defines what we should celebrate?

I did read your response. To summarize you said it was great for white people without even qualifying your remark.

I said nothing of the kind, you dishonest fuck. Are you back to this now? You have run out of anything to say relative to what has actually been posted so you resort to fabricating lies that you feel more comfortable responding to? Do you have any idea how completely you reveal your lack of character when you do that?

Actually if you know about the currents in the Atlantic ocean (formerly the Ethiopian Ocean)
LOL......the 'Ethiopian' Ocean....... :cuckoo: :lol:

Now I have heard it all . :lol: :lol: :lol:

It must hurt to be as stupid as you are. :lol: At least look it up before you I clown you.

The term Ethiopic Ocean, derived from Ethiopia, was applied to the southern Atlantic as late as the mid-19th century

Atlantic Ocean - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I did some searches and all I came up with is the fact that the Ouachita indians took slaves as mates.
And the pics show indians that dont look as if they have any african roots.

I did read your response. To summarize you said it was great for white people without even qualifying your remark.

I said nothing of the kind, you dishonest fuck. Are you back to this now? You have run out of anything to say relative to what has actually been posted so you resort to fabricating lies that you feel more comfortable responding to? Do you have any idea how completely you reveal your lack of character when you do that?

Calm down Unk. Did you miss the part where I said to summarize...? My question still stands. What did Columbus do other than make a huge mistake in navigation and get entire societies wiped out? If you want to congratulate him on being a good used car salesman give him an award. There is a reason the land mass is not named after him. Did you ever realize that? Its named after the explorer Amerigo Vespucci. Ask yourself why Columbus in his ineptitude and savageness got a holiday? Hell. The US is not even a Spanish or Portuguese country.

LOL......the 'Ethiopian' Ocean....... :cuckoo: :lol:

Now I have heard it all . :lol: :lol: :lol:

It must hurt to be as stupid as you are. :lol: At least look it up before you I clown you.

The term Ethiopic Ocean, derived from Ethiopia, was applied to the southern Atlantic as late as the mid-19th century

Atlantic Ocean - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I did some searches and all I came up with is the fact that the Ouachita indians took slaves as mates.
And the pics show indians that dont look as if they have any african roots.

That's typically what happens when people want you to disappear. The Europeans just mixed them right in with the slaves brought in from West Africa or they mixed with the AmerIndians to escape slavery. They must have had some convincing proof as they won land rights from the US government in a lawsuit and recognition by the UN. They claim to be direct descendants of the Olmecs. Funny how they won the land but the US doesn't officially recognize them.

Forum List

Back