After hearing Susan Collins' speech, would you be more likely or less likely to vote for her?

Would you be more likely to vote for her or less likely?

• Total voters
I think I've been misjudged her and I do feel kinda guilty about it.

I can't say I agree with her liberal views on issues but I'll add her to my list of liberals that I actually respect..

Obviously .. I was quite impressed... so yup, I'd vote for her..

I can't say I agree with her liberal views on issues but I'll add her to my list of liberals that I actually respect..

?

Liberal. She is a republican. Just not a party person.

Didn't hear it.

I heard sound bytes on the local news.

I do not see how you can say he has the temperament for the job when he, himself said he "shouldn't have said some things" concerning his partisan attack once the committee started holding hearings once more. He had 10 days to consider what he was going to say, bizarrely invoked the Clintons as the reason for the disgusting actions by the Democrats and basically sounded like one of the peanut gallery here on this forum.

Plenty of good qualifications it seems like...but wow...do you really want someone who can't control his anger making these decisions? No.

Not exactly what you want from a judge.

?

I agree but where else are going to find a well reasoned, non-violence promoting liberal other than in the Republican Party these days.. .:dunno:

Didn't hear it.

I do not see how you can say he has the temperament for the job when he, himself said he "shouldn't have said some things" concerning his partisan attack once the committee started holding hearings once more. He had 10 days to consider what he was going to say, bizarrely invoked the Clintons as the reason for the disgusting actions by the Democrats and basically sounded like one of the peanut gallery here on this forum.

Plenty of good qualifications it seems like...but wow...do you really want someone who can't control his anger making these decisions? No.

I would have a lot less respect for him if he didn't come out swinging. The allegation was bullshit. Are you saying that we should make false allegations and see how people respond as a test?

What a joke.

People should have learned from Barry that 'purty words' don't mean much...

What's her voting record, etc...?

She gave a well-organized speech about Kavanaugh.
It was a good speech. I disagreed with some of what she had to say.

However, I remain unaffected by her choice. I actually held no real opinion on her before other than she is frequently wrong on the issues.

Her analysis of the Judge was thorough and well stated. In fact, it can be modeled as a standard by which all Senators should evaluate nominees.

But I don't give out cookies for doing your job.

Her analysis of the Judge was thorough and well stated. In fact, it can be modeled as a standard by which all Senators should evaluate nominees.
That's what I thought about it. I gained respect for her, even though I typically disagree with her policy positions.

Didn't hear it.

I would have a lot less respect for him if he didn't come out swinging. The allegation was bullshit. Are you saying that we should make false allegations and see how people respond as a test?

What a joke.

Of course not. So you lost respect for him when he wrote in his WSJ editorial "I said some things I shouldn't have said"? That's a joke.

It is troubling she pretended to believe some idiot somewhere was ever interested in Ballsy Ford, but still. Maine should be happy, the nation should be happy, and any Crooked Hillary/Brock Hussaine/Soros psychotic leftard pieces of shit harassing any of our duly elected politicians (no matter what party) should be charged with treason and face life in prison.

Last edited:
Fun to watch all the Wingnuts who've been calling Collins every name in the book suddenly love her because she buckled under and sold out.

If I lived in Maine I most likely wouldn't vote for her in a primary, in a general election probably.

In our state............she would be a joke if she ran............Never have a chance at winning.......

In her State............she must submit to the blues in the state to win.

RINO or Blue Dog...........you tell me.

The left fed the Blue Dogs to the Wolves under Obama.............and have been paying the price for it ever since they did so................The Blue Dogs were a moderate voice of the Dems................who have sailed away under a new flag.

The Dems shot themselves in the foot.

?

I agree but where else are going to find a well reasoned, non-violence promoting liberal other than in the Republican Party these days.. .:dunno:
Manchin? Heitkamp? There are plenty.

In our state............she would be a joke if she ran............Never have a chance at winning.......

In her State............she must submit to the blues in the state to win.

RINO or Blue Dog...........you tell me.

Bottom line.. the Senate needs far fewer loony left Senators..

Spartacus should be in a mental institution for one...

She gave one of the best non-partisan well presented and thought out political speeches I've heard in a long time. ... :cool:
I didn't agree with her ultimate decision, but I'm proud that she's my Senator. Always have respected her, even when we (frequently) disagree.

Fox and CNN BOTH are saying this confirmation will lead to the end of Roe v. Wade, though, without any question. I don't know if Senator Collins is wrong about this or if they are still talking partisan bullshit to please their audiences, but I guess maybe we'll find out.

Fun to watch all the Wingnuts who've been calling Collins every name in the book suddenly love her because she buckled under and sold out.
She didn't "sell out." She's a Republican, Joe. She liked his judicial record from the beginning and I can see why Dr. Ford's story, with all the questions around it, did not seem fair reason to ditch him.

Forum List

Back