After hearing Susan Collins' speech, would you be more likely or less likely to vote for her?

Would you be more likely to vote for her or less likely?

• Total voters
My guess is that 41 minutes out of the 42 were an attempt to CYA for her next election.

which was stupid. Funny thing about RINO's and Moderates, they are the first ones to get Flushed in a wave.

drink_smoke_10.jpg

She gave a well-organized speech about Kavanaugh.
I wouldn't be voting for her in any event, but your op sort of dove tails into what I think was the gop's bigger problem in confirming him.

Collins made a determination that "more likely than not" Kavenaugh didn't assault Ford. That's a mistake for two reasons. Any woman should know that just because it is one person's word against another .... at the best for the male all that can mean is "I dunno." Her speech was an insult to millions of women who have been assaulted in the past and didn't report it. And it was the political mistake that will remove her from office.

But the real issue wasn't whether Kavanaugh assaulted Ford. Millions of women were groped in their teens and twenties in drunkfests. I think Ford should have come forward because it was possible Kavenaugh had a trail of drunken groping or worse. But he didn't. We can't judge men on what they did in college.

But why couldn't Kaveanugh just admit that he had been a party animal, and not a nice one at that, but just say that's not me and it hasn't been me for over 30 years? I have a family and a career that are the most important things to me?

To me that impacts character and judgment. Kavenaugh is going to be the voice of yay or nay on girls who have been raped by family members are seek an abortion after the 4th month. I just don't see he can put their situations in the forefront of his thinking. Rather, he's the central issue in his thinking. His job is weighing the rights of millions of girls who are raped and pregnant against his personal morals. I think he was the wrong guy.

But the reality for Collins was that even if she believed that, there was a good reason to vote for Kavanaugh and hope he can do the job, because at the time it looked like the dems had a shot on flipping the senate. Kavenaugh may have been the only real choice for republicans.

"But why couldn't Kaveanugh just admit that he had been a party animal, and not a nice one at that, but just say that's not me and it hasn't been me for over 30 years? I have a family and a career that are the most important things to me?"

It really should have begun and ended with this.

"But why couldn't Kaveanugh just admit that he had been a party animal, and not a nice one at that, but just say that's not me and it hasn't been me for over 30 years? I have a family and a career that are the most important things to me?"

It really should have begun and ended with this.
I sort of got a kick out of the charges against Dustin Hoffman, People defending him pretty much said, Look Dustin's a real bastard to everyone. He expects them to be as good as he is, and when they're not, he's mean.

Forum List

Back