After hearing Susan Collins' speech, would you be more likely or less likely to vote for her?

Would you be more likely to vote for her or less likely?

• Total voters
She will lose the election, and should be shamed whenever in public.
Can't you folks just disagree with someone without harassing them in public? Are you that full of yourselves, that hateful, that childish?

Really, no one is advocating she and other Senators who vote yes should be yelled at by a mob, "lock her/him up"; they simply would express their valid emotion that the vote is not for Kavanaugh, it is to protect their own job even if it is bad for the country.

Money would be taken from Collins and given to an opponent selected in a primary by a hard right benefactor if she dared vote no.

It is really that simple.
You said "shamed whenever in public", and you know quite well what that would look like.

Is this the example we want to set for our children, locating people who dare to disagree with us and harass them in public? Scream at them? Threaten them?

This is the kind of behavior that helped Trump elected in the first place, and the Regressive Left STILL haven't figured that out.

I'd think adults would understand that there will always be people who disagree with them, and that attacking them is not the best approach.
The way the Pro-Choice folks have blackmailed, threatened and sent her 3,000 coat hangers, plus making it impossible for her to get into her offices in Maine or D.C. didn't help one single bit. Senator Collins was very careful in her speech not to blame the protesters themselves, but she did blame the hyperpartisan activist groups that "whipped them up" into a frenzy to support their agendas. She can't have a good taste in her mouth toward those folks after that.

The way the Pro-Choice folks have blackmailed, threatened and sent her 3,000 coat hangers, plus making it impossible for her to get into her offices in Maine or D.C. didn't help one single bit. Senator Collins was very careful in her speech not to blame the protesters themselves, but she did blame the hyperpartisan activist groups that "whipped them up" into a frenzy to support their agendas. She can't have a good taste in her mouth toward those folks after that.
Yeah, that couldn't have helped, even though they must have somehow thought it did. This behavior just isn't rational.

I wondering if we have too much caffeine in our diets.

:confused-84:

What's new there............you laughing at causing misery on others...........and then laugh as his wife cries in the background............Real men do cry.........even when we don't want to admit it...........

Have you ever heard the story of Stress................Stress is the result of holding back the desire to choke the living shit out of someone who deserves it..............the restraint is the stress............there would be no stress if we didn't control the emotion and go ahead and choke them.

You are correct.........I would never make a judge..........I don't have the patience to listen to the moaning of idiots.............which abounded in the Judicial committee.............the fakeness and pure BS coming from there shows their true colors................

We are divided...........
It boils down to you like draft dodgers and cry babies period. This is the truth! These are the people you want to represent you. You can bla, bla bla all the rest the shit but still can not excape the fact that these are the people you support!
Your Straw man theme doesn't hunt with me.................never will...........

Nothing but ranting from someone upset that the treachery didn't work.
Truth hurts!LOL
Which truth is that............the one false narrative that you cling to like a security blanket.......

Reality is the truth...........your tactics didn't work.........and you will be saying Judge Kav very soon.........

Where will the riots begin this time................
ANd at the end of the day the guy you supported cried on national tv and your pres was a draft dodger. These are both true no matter how you slice it. Either wear it and be proud or shut the fuck up. Either way you peice of shit ass has lost my audience!

He’s controlled it as many years as he has been a judge.
Didn't hear it.

I heard sound bytes on the local news.

I do not see how you can say he has the temperament for the job when he, himself said he "shouldn't have said some things" concerning his partisan attack once the committee started holding hearings once more. He had 10 days to consider what he was going to say, bizarrely invoked the Clintons as the reason for the disgusting actions by the Democrats and basically sounded like one of the peanut gallery here on this forum.

Plenty of good qualifications it seems like...but wow...do you really want someone who can't control his anger making these decisions? No.

Not exactly what you want from a judge.

For every Republican pick, we have heard the same, yet, surprise! It hasn’t changed a thing.
She gave one of the best non-partisan well presented and thought out political speeches I've heard in a long time. ... :cool:
I didn't agree with her ultimate decision, but I'm proud that she's my Senator. Always have respected her, even when we (frequently) disagree.

Fox and CNN BOTH are saying this confirmation will lead to the end of Roe v. Wade, though, without any question. I don't know if Senator Collins is wrong about this or if they are still talking partisan bullshit to please their audiences, but I guess maybe we'll find out.

Can't you folks just disagree with someone without harassing them in public? Are you that full of yourselves, that hateful, that childish?

Really, no one is advocating she and other Senators who vote yes should be yelled at by a mob, "lock her/him up"; they simply would express their valid emotion that the vote is not for Kavanaugh, it is to protect their own job even if it is bad for the country.

Money would be taken from Collins and given to an opponent selected in a primary by a hard right benefactor if she dared vote no.

You said "shamed whenever in public", and you know quite well what that would look like.

Is this the example we want to set for our children, locating people who dare to disagree with us and harass them in public? Scream at them? Threaten them?

This is the kind of behavior that helped Trump elected in the first place, and the Regressive Left STILL haven't figured that out.

I'd think adults would understand that there will always be people who disagree with them, and that attacking them is not the best approach.
Those “folks” are the mainstream of the Democratic Party. It’s why they will lose in 2018.

I have been saying this for the last few weeks, I have felt that the over the top vitriol directed at her was unhelpful; especially considering that most of them were not from ME

I have been saying this for the last few weeks, I have felt that the over the top vitriol directed at her was unhelpful; especially considering that most of them were not from ME
It's the most fascinating element of zealotry to me: They somehow convince themselves that everyone else is as crazed as they are, so therefore anything they do will be applauded and effective.

You can no more easily communicate with them than you can with a wild-eyed teenager on the streets of Damascus, or a sign-holding Westboro Baptist Church protestor at the funeral of a fallen soldier.

The way the Pro-Choice folks have blackmailed, threatened and sent her 3,000 coat hangers, plus making it impossible for her to get into her offices
Some jumped in on the #HangersForCollins trend to make a statement.

Didn't hear it.

I do not see how you can say he has the temperament for the job when he, himself said he "shouldn't have said some things" concerning his partisan attack once the committee started holding hearings once more. He had 10 days to consider what he was going to say, bizarrely invoked the Clintons as the reason for the disgusting actions by the Democrats and basically sounded like one of the peanut gallery here on this forum.

Plenty of good qualifications it seems like...but wow...do you really want someone who can't control his anger making these decisions? No.

I doubt there will be many cases before him, dragging his name and family through the mud, causing him to lose his temper

Silly comment.

He had 10 days to prepare his opening remarks. If he “lost his temper” it would have happened when the allegations were brought up. When you lose yours does it go on for 10 days? No.

Didn't hear it.

I doubt there will be many cases before him, dragging his name and family through the mud, causing him to lose his temper

Silly comment.

He had 10 days to prepare his opening remarks. If he “lost his temper” it would have happened when the allegations were brought up. When you lose yours does it go on for 10 days? No.

did he have the opportunity to face his accusers prior to giving his opening remarks?

He’s controlled it as many years as he has been a judge.
Didn't hear it.

If you say so.

I taped Susan and Bernie speeches to get the other sides and because Collins and Sanders are our elder states people.

Didn't hear it.

Silly comment.

did he have the opportunity to face his accusers prior to giving his opening remarks?

His accuser was Dr. Ford, not the Committee.

She didn't "sell out." She's a Republican, Joe. She liked his judicial record from the beginning and I can see why Dr. Ford's story, with all the questions around it, did not seem fair reason to ditch him.

Um, yeah, if you are a woman who put a guy with credible sexual assault charges against him, and you vote for him anyway knowing he is going to roll back women's rights, you did sell out.
Her charges were not credible

I think I've been misjudged her and I do feel kinda guilty about it.

I can't say I agree with her liberal views on issues but I'll add her to my list of liberals that I actually respect..

Obviously .. I was quite impressed... so yup, I'd vote for her..

And apparently, the threats she is getting are even worse than normal for a republican.....

Didn't hear it.

Silly comment.

His accuser was Dr. Ford, not the Committee.

His accusers were every democrat on the Judicial Committee, in his confirmation hearing.

some of whom were downright disgusting in their comments

Finally! A true Lady of intelligence and dignity. Thank you Senator Collins! 1515532177954.jpg
a5fcf13e054f7af72d4718ba3a0e5c46--woman-portrait-female-portrait.jpg

For every Republican pick, we have heard the same, yet, surprise! It hasn’t changed a thing.
She gave one of the best non-partisan well presented and thought out political speeches I've heard in a long time. ... :cool:
I didn't agree with her ultimate decision, but I'm proud that she's my Senator. Always have respected her, even when we (frequently) disagree.

Fox and CNN BOTH are saying this confirmation will lead to the end of Roe v. Wade, though, without any question. I don't know if Senator Collins is wrong about this or if they are still talking partisan bullshit to please their audiences, but I guess maybe we'll find out.
Really? They said that about Thomas?

The way the Pro-Choice folks have blackmailed, threatened and sent her 3,000 coat hangers, plus making it impossible for her to get into her offices
Some jumped in on the #HangersForCollins trend to make a statement.
That was just a minor annoyance, I'm sure. She no doubt sent them off to Goodwill.

Forum List

Back