After 'she is Asian' tweets about McConnell's wife, Dems rebuke operative

CaféAuLait;9563732 said:
I am missing the point Groob was trying to make ( setting aside the Asian comment here) so what if she is not from KY? Lets pretend she was white and from South Africa,, South Texas, or Boston, would that matter in whatever point was trying to me made?

You have to understand that McConnell's opening remark at the event was to attack those who support his opponent as "OUT-OF-TOWNERS."
You can't get more "out of town" than Asia!!!

I repeat, how long have they been married? Longer then a couple months then she IS from Kentucky.

His opponent was born in Kentucky. She certainly isn't an out-of-towner. Not sure if she's Asian or not.

CaféAuLait;9563732 said:
I am missing the point Groob was trying to make ( setting aside the Asian comment here) so what if she is not from KY? Lets pretend she was white and from South Africa,, South Texas, or Boston, would that matter in whatever point was trying to me made?

You have to understand that McConnell's opening remark at the event was to attack those who support his opponent as "OUT-OF-TOWNERS."

I repeat, how long have they been married? Longer then a couple months then she IS from Kentucky.
And by the same token, just because someone supports Turtle's opponent does not make them "out-of-towners." Turtle can dish it out but plays the victim when it comes back in kind.

I doubt there really was a "Dem Operative" who posted this. It sounds fake. Dems promote their racists like Biden, Obama, Reid, etc.

I'm calling BS on this

Holy shit! MCCONNNELL IS AN OUT OF TOWNER!!! He was born in Alabama. What a phony.

CaféAuLait;9563732 said:
I am posting this before Hazelnut posts it as if it were a Republican who made racist remarks.

The Democrat party did rebuke him for letting their inherent racism out of the bag, good for them.

A Democrat operative, you don't suppose it was Jake, do ya?

As partisans prepared for the much anticipated Fancy Farm speeches Saturday afternoon, the Kentucky Democratic Party has delivered a sharp rebuke to a series of comments on Twitter from a Democratic operative who referenced the ethnicity of Elaine Chao, the wife of Republican U.S. Senator Mitch McConnell.

After 'she is Asian' tweets about McConnell's wife, Dems rebuke operative | WHAS11.com Louisville

Oh for crying out loud, he was referring to Washington, specifically Obama.

You are from the state you reside in....sheesh the dumb is at new levels with this thread.

Residence is measured in months. If they have been married more then a couple months she IS from Kentucky.

A person "comes from" whichever place they were born. I was raised in Indiana, but I was born—ergo came from—Wisconsin.

Residence is measured in months. If they have been married more then a couple months she IS from Kentucky.

A person "comes from" whichever place they were born. I was raised in Indiana, but I was born—ergo came from—Wisconsin.

That is not what was claimed. She is a resident of Kentucky. The attack on out of towners is a reference to out of State people that are busy attacking State residents.

I was born in Utah, but I was raised outside Philadelphia. I don't consider Utah my home or place of origin in the slightest.

The difference between Democrats and Republicans is that Democrats at least rebuke any of their people who do stupid shit like this while Republicans look the other way and pretend like they didn't hear it.

That's not true. Republicans call out their own all the time

And if someone tweets "she is Asian" and she is Asian, that is not racist. Pointing out someone's race is not racist.

Last edited:

Nope. I wasnt born in NJ but it is where I come from if asked. It's my primary residence and where I can legally vote. In state I would say I'm from South Jersey.

Now if asked where I come from due to an accent, for example, that would be where I was raised. Again not necessarily where I was born

I guess Mitch McConnell is only running for the people that think like him as he considers anyone that would vote against him to be an out of towner. He really isn't very bright. How did he last so long?

Oh wait, this is Kentucky.

CaféAuLait;9563732 said:

You are from the state you reside in....sheesh the dumb is at new levels with this thread.

No, Turtle was clearly referring to the people in the audience at the Fancy Farms Picnic who had just finished cheering his opponent as "out-of-towners.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vo7xQ6_4Sk8]? Alison Grimes & Mitch McConnell ? Fancy Farm ? Kentucky ? 8/2/14 ? - YouTube[/ame]

I am posting this before Hazelnut posts it as if it were a Republican who made racist remarks.

The Democrat party did rebuke him for letting their inherent racism out of the bag, good for them.

As partisans prepared for the much anticipated Fancy Farm speeches Saturday afternoon, the Kentucky Democratic Party has delivered a sharp rebuke to a series of comments on Twitter from a Democratic operative who referenced the ethnicity of Elaine Chao, the wife of Republican U.S. Senator Mitch McConnell.

After 'she is Asian' tweets about McConnell's wife, Dems rebuke operative | WHAS11.com Louisville

When was it a truth that the Democratic Party didn't have fools and racists amongst its membership?

That said, there is a huge difference between the R party and the D party in terms of diversity of thought and action.

Remember when the R party tried to convince others that it was the party of the big tent? That they were the party of compassion conservatives? It was the party then which talked the talk, but never did walk the walk. Thus, today they dropped that talk and tried a new line of fabrication - the party of fiscal responsibility.

That too is a joke. A fiscally responsible person or party develops a Panoptic series of policies, one which considers much more than the single matter of debt; For want of a nail the nation was lost. Keep that in mind whenever a member of the R caucus in The Congress speaks.

Last edited:

No, Turtle was clearly referring to the people in the audience at the Fancy Farms Picnic who had just finished cheering his opponent as "out-of-towners.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vo7xQ6_4Sk8]? Alison Grimes & Mitch McConnell ? Fancy Farm ? Kentucky ? 8/2/14 ? - YouTube[/ame]

Ok, I got my impression from printed reports.

Thanks for the vid, now you all look even more foolish :D

"For all of you out of towners, this is a place where Republicans tell it like it is..."

The difference between Democrats and Republicans is that Democrats at least rebuke any of their people who do stupid shit like this while Republicans look the other way and pretend like they didn't hear it.

That's not true. Republicans call out their own all the time

And if someone tweets "she is Asian" and she is Asian, that is not racist. Pointing out someone's race is not racist.

No, the way it was pointed out is racist, I just found the entire thing, because at first I did not understand what Groob was even referencing.

McConnell made a speech and said:

His wife was "the only Kentucky woman who served in a president’s cabinet."

This is when Groob had a fit on Twitter, with tweet after tweet saying things like:

“Hey Mitch, nothing against you wife and spouses should be off limits; since you mentioned, she isn’t from KY, she is Asian.”

“Google Elaine Chao, #MitchMcConnell’s wife. No mention of Kentucky, she is Asian” Groop wrote

This is not the first time democrats have attacked her Asian ancestry either, in 2013 they said she was the reason jobs were moving to China! WTF???

In 2013, Progress Kentucky tweeted: “This woman has the ear of @McConnellPress – she’s his #wife. May explain why your job moved to #China!”

Where's this "racist remark"?

Do you even have any idea what the word racism means?

Thought not.

What the article doesn't seem to mention is that Groob was responding to a comment that Mitch made regarding out-of-towners. She implies that Mitch mentioned something, and she was countering his mention of said thing. Maybe there is more to this story than this article has let on?

Groob2.jpg

You're not "from" a place just because you live there.

I've been here in Carolina almost nine years but I'm not "from" here. I will never be "from" here simply because I wasn't born and raised here. My native speech accent, my childhood experiences, the climate I grew up in, the sports teams I follow, none of that will ever be from here because it's in the past and already done. That's what "from" means.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back