After What Happened Today.Are We Thinking/Saying; "Well, So Much For Gun Control".

The fact is that the fucking government cannot protect you. Not from a bomb, not from a criminal, not from a rapist etc.

If you think it can then you are the one who is mentally ill.

Nor do I really expect it to, but I know I live a better life with a police presense that is 90% effective than one where everyone is on their own.

You expect it to and you will be disappointed.

A gun in the household is 43 times more likely to kill a member of the household than a bad guy. You might as well fill your yard with rattlesnakes and hope one doesn't bite little Sally.

people use guns 2.5 million times a year in self defense. See I can quote statistics too.

Yeah, unfortunately, yours are bullshit.

The Kleck Survey, which is where these numbers came from, had a number of statistical flaws in it. Besides the fact it was conducted in 1992, and it differed from another survey that found only 65K defensive gun uses a year.

The Contradictions of the Kleck Study

Kleck’s survey also included gun uses against animals and did not distinguish civilian uses from military of police uses. Kleck’s Interviewers do not appear to have questioned a random individual at a given telephone number, but rather asked to speak to the male head of the household. Males from the South and West were oversampled. The results imply that many hundreds of thousands of murders should have been occurring when a private gun was not available for protection. Yet guns are rarely carried, less than a third of adult Americans personally own guns, and only 27,000 homicides occurred in 1992.

As for the method used.

Consider the responses to a national random-digit-dial telephone survey of over 1,500 adults conducted in May 1994 by ABC News and the Washington Post. One question asked: "Have you yourself ever seen anything that you believe was a spacecraft from another planet?" 10% of respondents answered in the affirmative. These 150 individuals were then asked, "Have you personally ever been in contact with aliens from another planet or not?" and 6% answered "Yes."

By extrapolating to the national population, we might conclude that almost 20 million Americans have seen spacecraft from another planet, and over a million have been in personal contact with aliens from other planets. That more than a million Americans had contact with aliens would be incredible news—but not the kind actively publicized by reputable scientists. Yet the ABC News/Washington Post data on aliens are as good as or better than that from any of the thirteen surveys cited by K-G as supporting their conclusions about self-defense gun use.”
Journal of Criminal Law and Criminology

Maybe we need guns to protect ourselves from the space aliens.

For one thing - if the target was the marathon - why was the bomb detonated three hours after the leaders finished?

Obviously the target was the marathon, but that's a very good question. Security had lapsed after the big leader finish? But crowds still around to target?

Please enlighten me as to how many gun owners, even those that own a so called although mislabeled "assault" rifle are, as you say, nuts?

All the ones who go out and mow down lots of school children, mall shoppers, and movie goers, right? They're all crazy. And the ones who call firefighters and then shoot them.

These were all gun nuts --- now they are dead.

The other gun nuts are people who just haven't gone over the edge yet and taken their guns to town. But they may: that's what their guns are FOR, for killing lots of people.

People who are stockpiling weapons are crazy. They are paranoids, and dangerous as hell. And there are WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too many of them around. That's why we have all these shootings.

And possibly the bombing, depending on what the FBI figures out.

Whoever it was got away, it seems: could do it again.

It is nuts to WANT to own assault weapons. It is nuts to get off on going to the range and shooting assault weapons. It is nuts to think that introducing more assault weapons into the mix will result in fewer incidents of gun violence.

Since there is absolutely no difference between what you sheep call "assault" rifles and any other semiautomatic rifle are you saying that anyone owning a semiauto .223 ranch rifle is nuts?

And rifles of any kind were only used in 2.5% of murders in 2011. Therefore the percentage of murders committed with so called "assault rifles is even lower

Please enlighten me as to how many gun owners, even those that own a so called although mislabeled "assault" rifle are, as you say, nuts?

All the ones who go out and mow down lots of school children, mall shoppers, and movie goers, right? They're all crazy. And the ones who call firefighters and then shoot them.
Oh so what 1 thousandth of 1 percent of gun owners?

The other gun nuts are people who just haven't gone over the edge yet and taken their guns to town. But they may: that's what their guns are FOR, for killing lots of people.

I do not own guns to kill people with. Most people who own guns will never even point one at another person. So who here is really the paranoid nut?

For one thing - if the target was the marathon - why was the bomb detonated three hours after the leaders finished?

Obviously the target was the marathon, but that's a very good question. Security had lapsed after the big leader finish? But crowds still around to target?

the target was whoever was in the way

the marathon was just a spot known that many folks would gather

if a bake off would have drawn that many folks it

could have been that place

Nor do I really expect it to, but I know I live a better life with a police presense that is 90% effective than one where everyone is on their own.

You expect it to and you will be disappointed.

A gun in the household is 43 times more likely to kill a member of the household than a bad guy. You might as well fill your yard with rattlesnakes and hope one doesn't bite little Sally.

people use guns 2.5 million times a year in self defense. See I can quote statistics too.

2.5 million huh?

You will believe anything.

It's no more bullshit that any other stat especially Joe's 43% stat that he masturbates to.

It is nuts to WANT to own assault weapons. It is nuts to get off on going to the range and shooting assault weapons. It is nuts to think that introducing more assault weapons into the mix will result in fewer incidents of gun violence.

Since there is absolutely no difference between what you sheep call "assault" rifles and any other semiautomatic rifle are you saying that anyone owning a semiauto .223 ranch rifle is nuts?

And rifles of any kind were only used in 2.5% of murders in 2011. Therefore the percentage of murders committed with so called "assault rifles is even lower

How many times do you need to be told. A weapon that is designed to kill a lot of people in a short amount of time without a high degree of skill needed is an assault weapon. If you enjoy shooting one of those, you are nuts. I can see once to get the experience of it.....but to own one and play with it regularly, you need to be a little nuts.

How many times do you need to be told. A weapon that is designed to kill a lot of people in a short amount of time without a high degree of skill needed is an assault weapon. If you enjoy shooting one of those, you are nuts. I can see once to get the experience of it.....but to own one and play with it regularly, you need to be a little nuts.

So ALL semiauto rifles are "assault" weapons?

nonsense

you know damn well with anti gun nuts

eventually all firearms are assault weapons

I think it was a test to measure and monitor the response.

Including the undetonated devices.

I do not own guns to kill people with. Most people who own guns will never even point one at another person. So who here is really the paranoid nut?

I hope you won't ever shoot people with all your guns. But it's not a good sign that you have so many, and how do you know what you'll do when you get senile? A LOT of the gun nuts who go off are elderly.

I don't own more guns than I need. So I'm not the paranoid nut. The paranoid nut is the guy who collects vast numbers of guns and then finally decides he'll just do what he's been fantasizing doing all these years, while he sits alone in his apartment with several glasses of rye whiskey looking at the Weather Channel.

Guns are not a good substitute for a life. They tend to cause a lot of people's deaths.

Guys!! Get a hobby that does NOT involve obsessing about shooting people!!

If a weapon is designed to kill a lot of people in a short amount of time....especially if little or no skill needed to achieve that goal, it is an assault weapon.

Why get bogged down in semantics?

I hope you won't ever shoot people with all your guns. But it's not a good sign that you have so many, and how do you know what you'll do when you get senile? A LOT of the gun nuts who go off are elderly.

I don't own more guns than I need. So I'm not the paranoid nut. The paranoid nut is the guy who collects vast numbers of guns and then finally decides he'll just do what he's been fantasizing doing all these years, while he sits alone in his apartment with several glasses of rye whiskey looking at the Weather Channel.

Guns are not a good substitute for a life. They tend to cause a lot of people's deaths.

You have no idea how many guns I have.

If you want to know I'll tell you.

I have 3 Semiauto rifles of varying caliber. A .22, a .223 and a .68

I have 2 shotguns. A 12 gauge pump and a 12 gauge trap gun

I have several hand guns, a .45, a .30, and a .22

All of them are kept in a fingerprint keyed gun safe when i am not using them.

Each gun has a specific use just like any other tool and none of those uses are the deliberate killing of another.

If a weapon is designed to kill a lot of people in a short amount of time....especially if little or no skill needed to achieve that goal, it is an assault weapon.

Why get bogged down in semantics?

Because it's all bullshit. The simple fact is that 99.999999999% of people who own semiauto rifles will never kill anyone.

So stop trying to pretend they will.

Forum List

Back