Again the CBO says the stim pack worked

If the Stimulus was a success, then why are 2.5M less people working now than when Obama took office?

Nope ,you are ignoring that the report I supplied in the OP was done using the current number of reported Jobs by the people doing the hiring.
Which I demonstrated was fraudulent and over-stated.

Are you going to rehash the same crap over and over?

Do you realise the size of the problem you posted about?

Its was like 4,200 jobs.

That has been fixed and the problems that caused the miscount have been fixed years ago.

You just pretend that the two year old story means no jobs can be counted.

You are patently dishonset and a tool of the right wing.

Link?

It’s sad and telling that the right wants to see the economic recovery stall and millions of Americans continue to suffer all for mere partisan political gain.

What is telling are the people who are arguing that the ARRA was a success when the number of people with jobs went down. When Bush was in office they had a phrase to describe that phenomena, jobless recovery. When was the last time you heard somebody say that?

Go get it yourself.

Produce the numbers you claim.

Wow. Are you PATHETIC. Can't you even select a report on a website? The BLS search results do not allow linking.

Total non-farm employment was 133.6M when Obama took office. It was 131.1M at the end of last month.

As it's likely you are unable to perform simple subtraction:

133.6 MINUS 131.1 EQUALS 2.5

Last edited:
Please go get the video of Obama making this claim so we can verify the date?

You sad little booby. Do you ever pay attention to the news? The infamous claim was made in "The Job Impact of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Plan" issued by the White House.

You can...well literate people can...download and read a copy of it:

The Job Impact of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Plan

I am really surprised you looked that up for the mutt, I mean if you have to post this for woof, she has absolutely no business even positing this thread.

next she'll woof he didn't say what he said.....he meant something else...

You failed to notice I posted a link to that BEFORE she did.

Stimulus jobs overcounted nationwide - The Denver Post

But the 30,000 figure is overstated by thousands — at the very least by nearly 5,000, or one in six, based on AP's limited review of some of the contracts — because some federal agencies and recipients of the money provided incorrect job counts

THIS is how you link your claims

Last edited:
Go get it yourself.

Wow. Are you PATHETIC. Can't you even select a report on a website? The BLS search results do not allow linking.

Total non-farm employment was 133.6M when Obama took office. It was 131.1M at the end of last month.

Link to your numbers and not some damed list of links

They used the funds to balance the states budget.
So it didn't create any jobs?

Yeah it created some jobs and fixed a lot of roads. But the vast majority of the money went to fix the budget crisis created by the republican controlled state legislature and Gov Napolatano. When your economy is based on building houses a housing downturn leaves you short of funds.

Federal stimulus funding for Arizona

This shows how much BS the stimulus was.

Recipient name 1617 W. EL RIO DRIVE, LLC
Awarding agency name Department of Housing and Urban Development
Award description RENTAL ASSISTANCE PAYMENTS
Award amount $63,764
Project name GREENVIEW APARTMENTS
Project description RENTAL SUBSIDY ON BEHALF OF LOW-INCOME FAMILIES
Job creation N/A
Number of jobs 4​

How did paying the rent for low income families save 4 jobs?

azcentral.com blogs - Laurie Roberts' Columns & Blog - LaurieRoberts - Az stimulus job claims are overblown
So I went to the state's resident expert on this stuff. Aaron Sandeen is the deputy director of the Arizona Office of Economic Recovery, the guy who was responsible for reporting to the feds how many state jobs were affected by the stimulus program.

Me: Do you really believe that 12,283 jobs have been created or saved in Arizona?
Sandeen: “Absolutely not.”

Sandeen said while he's confidant in the number of state jobs saved, some of the job numbers elsewhere appear bogus, probably because the people who got stimulus money didn't understand how to report it.

“I don't think they got the proper guidance to calculate this right,” he said. “I think they just counted the total people that worked, not the total full-time equivalent hours, which means you can't compare this data to anything.”

In reporting jobs created or saved to the federal government, Sandeen said one job is supposed to be the equivalent of one full-time person working for a year, pro-rated to the 32-week reporting period. Instead, people appear to have just counted bodies.

Which is how Chandler comes to have created 49 jobs to calm traffic along a three-quarter-mile stretch of Knox Road according to recovery.gov, the website set up to track stimulus spending.

Jim Phipps, Chandler's spokesman, said the city reported everyone who would work on the $376,000 project – whether they worked a day, a week or longer -- because that's what the feds said to do. “I know now they're saying when you finally get the job going, you have to report FTE's on the job but those were not the instructions months and months ago,” he said.

Phipps said Chandler reported that the job would take 5,124 man hours.

That's two, maybe three jobs -- not 49.

Chandler isn't alone in achieving monumental job creation numbers.

Republic reporter Matt Wynn crunched the numbers from the 949 awards given to Arizona's public and private sectors. Reading this stuff will send your eyebrows through your hairline. (Try it. It's posted here. )

Glencroft Towers, for example, got $123,000 in rent subsidies for its low-income residents. For that, we are to believe that six jobs were saved. Greenview Apartments got nearly $64,000 in rent subsidies. Another four jobs.

Painted Desert Demonstration Projects, a Flagstaff company, got $21,000 to repair a school playground and install evaporative coolers. Jobs created: 10. Another 10 jobs were created when Smily-Lacina Joint Venture got $11,000, for a week-long job, painting a water tank building.

Maricopa Community Colleges got $26,400 to provide health services to 1,000 low-income people. For this, they claim 34.5 jobs were created.

Then there are the universities. They slurped up more than $76 million for research, creating or saving 195 jobs, many of them student gigs.

That is $390,000 in stimulus funds for every job created to study a range of truly vital topics.

There's the $500,000 so ASU can study the division of labor in ant colonies, an undertaking that created two undergraduate jobs. Not to be outdone, UofA got $450,000 to study the division of labor in turtle ants, worth 1.46 jobs.

There is research on asexual fungi and research on East Antarctic bedrock and research on the impact of physical affection on stress. ASU got $115,000 in stimulus funds for that last one. Jobs created: 0.

In fact, of the $76 million tapped for university research, $40 million created no work.​

Except we've already determined the CBO bases their pronouncements on assumptions that X dollars of gov't spending yield Y number of jobs "saved or created."
That is bunk.

Nope ,you are ignoring that the report I supplied in the OP was done using the current number of reported Jobs by the people doing the hiring.
Read the link I supplied a few minutes ago. The Feds told the states to report any job, now matter how temporary. It's bullshit.

It’s sad and telling that the right wants to see the economic recovery stall and millions of Americans continue to suffer all for mere partisan political gain.

That is patently false. The right wants the government to stop doing what is obviously not working, because it's a waste of money.

The left is saying obvious failure is success for mere partisan political gain. It's not like you give a damn about people. If you did, you wouldn't be trumpeting this failure.

Go get it yourself.

Here's a little story about that: I did.

The numbers are on the BLS site, and I linked to the page which generates the report. The fact that you are TOO STUPID to figure this out says VOLUMES about you.

elvis post #10
did you put faith in the CBO when they said we could afford Bush's tax cuts for the "rich"?

You dont have a link to that, because its a Dammed LIE.
Republicans are shameless liars.

---- bluecoller -- the grumpy old kraut-------:evil:

Here's a little story about that: I did.

The numbers are on the BLS site, and I linked to the page which generates the report. The fact that you are TOO STUPID to figure this out says VOLUMES about you.

your site listed a bunch of links.

all you had to do is put the link to the page you got the info from and then a clip of the info.

Go get it like a real person instead of making people search down the info you already know the location of.

Im not doing your homework for you.

Forum List

Back