Ahmaud Arbery's killers were convicted of murder. Now the feds want to prove they did it because he was Black

Lying because you have white southern men .. racist
No. I am a southern man, myself. Are you practicing juvenile hero worship, because they were southern white men, and a young black guy, your enemy?

I know when the defense picked this jury, they thought they had 12 white jurors who think like you. Too bad for them this wasn't the JW Milam/Roy Bryant jury. See in the minds of racist they have no problem with 3 rednecks chasing down and black man and killing him for no reason other than they THOUGHT he may have done something wrong. Sorry this isn't 1954 , you aren't allowed to chase down black folks and murder them anymore unless you have a badge.
Well, lay off the self righteous crap, Arbery would be alive now if he hadn't gone all stupid and tried to disarm a angry person, its situational. He had a criminal history, HE didn't live in the area, He wasn't just jogging AND they had been burglarized before by someone that fit his description. This case IS the very example of injustice.

Hey, if the blacks can have paintings and put murals on streets of Floyd who was a dope head with a rap sheet for several violations of the law, then why can't a white person call those guys heroes?
Come on Ray. Not you. Floyd was nobody's hero. They paint their murals in solidarity with the cause and in that case correctly. I have never heard anybody call him a hero. Have you? He was a repeat criminal and did not die particularly well, only with finality.

Georgia prosecutors proved Ahmaud Arbery's killers guilty of murder. Now, lawyers for the federal government will try to prove they chased down the 25-year-old jogger because he was Black.

That case may be tougher to make.

Jury selection in the federal hate crimes trial for the three White men begins Monday in Brunswick, Georgia, with prosecutors aiming to prove they pursued and tried to kidnap Arbery because of his race, resulting in his death.

On the line for the defendants -- already serving life sentences on state murder convictions -- are steep fines and more decades behind bars. But for some observers, the stakes reach far beyond the men on trial.

"It sends a message to every Black person everywhere that you can't hunt people down who are legitimately in a place just because you're afraid. Doing that is racist, and we will punish it," said hate crimes expert and Indiana University law professor Jeannine Bell. "It's not just that it is racist; the government cares about that."

I want to see these 3 racist clowns get everything that is coming to them.
Hate crime laws are crap

even in lib la la land a white person’s life should be worth just as much as a black person

Hate crime laws are crap

even in lib la la land a white person’s life should be worth just as much as a black person
I was violently attacked once, 2 on 1 by two black guys because I was a southern small town white guy. It started out as a hate crime.

It would be good to have a long sentence imposed from Federal charges, as it would insure a single racist politician in Georgia, could not set them free of their crime. Not that I know any racists live and hold office in Georgia or might. What do you think? Could a racist one-day hold an elected position in Georgia and become or have influence in the Governor's office? Has a racist ever held the governorship in Georgia? I suspect the convicts are minor heroes to racists in this county and in that state.
Democrats are running Abrams, so yes, they run racists still for GA governor. Although she would likely free a whole different set of racist trash on the unsuspecting residents of GA.

Democrats are running Abrams, so yes, they run racists still for GA governor. Although she would likely free a whole different set of racist trash on the unsuspecting residents of GA.
All politician release trash back into American society. Look at the Federal convicts Donny pardoned or commuted.
We had a governor selling pardons.

All politician release trash back into American society. Look at the Federal convicts Donny pardoned or commuted.
We had a governor selling pardons.
You asked, I answered. Just had to get your TDS out there, eh? You folks are pathetic.

Hate crime laws are crap

But that's not what a hate crime is. A hate crime is when you assault or kill a likely Democrat voter. It doesn't apply to anybody else.

Come on Ray. Not you. Floyd was nobody's hero. They paint their murals in solidarity with the cause and in that case correctly. I have never heard anybody call him a hero. Have you? He was a repeat criminal and did not die particularly well, only with finality.

He died the way he wanted to, strung up on dope. He had three times the fatal dose of fentanyl in his system mixed with meth. That's on top of his health problems he obviously didn't attend to.

You don't paint murals on the street or pictures on the side of buildings unless that person is a hero in your eyes.

How long did it take for him to be arrested?

I am pretty sure Justice will play out in his trial, it would be great if he and these 3 could be on the same cell block together.

How would we know? The media dropped that story in less than a week and never ever brought it up again. It was the worst domestic terrorist attack of the year and zilch.

There seems to be a two-tier justice system along with the medias two-tier system of reporting.

I know when the defense picked this jury, they thought they had 12 white jurors who think like you. Too bad for them this wasn't the JW Milam/Roy Bryant jury. See in the minds of racist they have no problem with 3 rednecks chasing down and black man and killing him for no reason other than they THOUGHT he may have done something wrong. Sorry this isn't 1954 , you aren't allowed to chase down black folks and murder them anymore unless you have a badge.

Only one of them shot the guy. His brother went to prison for video recording it. The only reason he shot the guy is because he attacked him.

He died the way he wanted to, strung up on dope. He had three times the fatal dose of fentanyl in his system mixed with meth. That's on top of his health problems he obviously didn't attend to.

You don't paint murals on the street or pictures on the side of buildings unless that person is a hero in your eyes.
You and I don't. Heck we wouldn't fund a mural on the wall of some building or fence to support somebody that was a hero.
I think they were painting him, not for being a hero, but as a symbol of the overreach of police deadly force without justification. I just never heard anybody saying he died a hero.

You and I don't. Heck we wouldn't fund a mural on the wall of some building or fence to support somebody that was a hero.
I think they were painting him, not for being a hero, but as a symbol of the overreach of police deadly force without justification. I just never heard anybody saying he died a hero.

So what's a better description, a martyr? When you paint the guy for public display, it's because they honor him. Of course you and I wouldn't do it. That's the point.

No. I am a southern man, myself. Are you practicing juvenile hero worship, because they were southern white men, and a young black guy, your enemy?
Was Ahmad Aubrey terrorizing that neighborhood?

Forum List

Back