Air Force Removes ‘God’ From Logo

1) Atheism is not a religion.

B) The removal of God from government actually increases freedom because not everyone believes in the same God or Gods. Some don't believe in God at all. What if it were decided that all references to God should be changed to Allah? All of you would be up in arms about that. Don't impose your God on others and set an example for how a government should be run instead of fighting theocracy with theocracy of a different flavor.

Not necessarily it weakens by breaking down your faith (their hopes anyway), not everyone looks or talks alike either so should that be changed as well? If this nation was founded under allah then it would not matter, but it wasnt and by an athist or any other religion/group imposing their wishes by getting it removed/taken down or what have you ... how is that any different?

B) The removal of God from government actually increases freedom because not everyone believes in the same God or Gods. Some don't believe in God at all. What if it were decided that all references to God should be changed to Allah? All of you would be up in arms about that. Don't impose your God on others and set an example for how a government should be run instead of fighting theocracy with theocracy of a different flavor.

Not necessarily it weakens by breaking down your faith (their hopes anyway), not everyone looks or talks alike either so should that be changed as well? If this nation was founded under allah then it would not matter, but it wasnt and by an athist or any other religion/group imposing their wishes by getting it removed/taken down or what have you ... how is that any different?

I think, to clarify the "more freedom without Religion" point, is that it further ensures that the rules from any book with "Religion" as their justification would never be imposed; rather, Laws of Society are based solely on Man's understanding of "good," man's understanding of Co-habitation and man's understanding of Liberty.

Please show me where a in the constitution it says this nation was founded under God. I think you are confusing the Declaration of Independence or the Pledge of Allegience.

The first amendment clearly states:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
There is no provision for special treatment of one religion over another, whether it be yours or Hinduism or the Muslim religion. This country wasn't founded under any religion but under the idea that people should be free to pursue their own religion without government interference. As conservatives this should be the mantra and that the fact that it's not shows how far the party has strayed from its supposed ideals.

Evidently so does atheist.

What's the evidence to back this statement up? That the Air Force changed their logo?

I have as much fear for your god or any other god as I do the boogeyman.

The evidence is in the history of atheist tryng to take "God" out of damn near everything.

Have you been living under a rock?

Tell me, why does the the reference to God bother you (assuming you're an atheist) so much?

You're projecting, you care that the logo DOESN'T say god now.

I don't care if the logo says god, gods, allah, zeus or doesn't say god. Couldn't care less, it's you who cares.

What's the evidence to back this statement up? That the Air Force changed their logo?

The evidence is in the history of atheist tryng to take "God" out of damn near everything.

Tell me, why does the the reference to God bother you (assuming you're an atheist) so much?

I don't care if the logo says god, gods, allah, zeus or doesn't say god. Couldn't care less, it's you who cares.

Well it would be nice to remind you people who made this country. Once you turn your back on God you will fall. Just ask Israel how that works.

Well it would be nice to remind you people who made this country. Once you turn your back on God you will fall. Just ask Israel how that works.

Who made this country....the blood, sweat and tears of our Founders and those people who have lived, worked, and died here in the last 230 some odd years.

That's who made this country.

Who made this country....the blood, sweat and tears of our Founders and those people who have lived, worked, and died here in the last 230 some odd years.

ditto that

Talk about projecting! That's all you do!

Sure just keep thinking that. This country has had the hand of God on it, for so many years. Just ask Israel how they did when they turned their back on God.

Sure just keep thinking that. This country has had the hand of God on it, for so many years. Just ask Israel how they did when they turned their back on God.

Was it the 'hand of god' that almost completely destroyed native American culture?
Was it the 'hand of god' that enslaved human beings for the first 80+ years of our history?
Was it the 'hand of god' that created the Robber Barons?
Was it the 'hand of god' that caused Wounded Knee?
Was it the 'hand of god' that created Segregation and the KKK?

Or was it people?

Please show me where a in the constitution it says this nation was founded under God. I think you are confusing the Declaration of Independence or the Pledge of Allegience.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
There is no provision for special treatment of one religion over another, whether it be yours or Hinduism or the Muslim religion. This country wasn't founded under any religion but under the idea that people should be free to pursue their own religion without government interference. As conservatives this should be the mantra and that the fact that it's not shows how far the party has strayed from its supposed ideals.

But yet the government interferes.

Who made this country were men of principle. Without that principle there would be nothing to fight for, no blood, sweat or tears. Without Christian principles and a belief that a Creator wanted men to be free, there would never have been a reason to fight against oppression.

How is the government interfering with people pursuing their own religion?

Was it the 'hand of god' that almost completely destroyed native American culture?
Was it the 'hand of god' that enslaved human beings for the first 80+ years of our history?
Was it the 'hand of god' that created the Robber Barons?
Was it the 'hand of god' that caused Wounded Knee?
Was it the 'hand of god' that created Segregation and the KKK?

Or was it people?

You're asking a human to justify Gods action? I cannot tell you why things were done the way they were done. But there was a reason. And the answer cannot be obtained from a human.

Who made this country were men of principle. Without that principle there would be nothing to fight for, no blood, sweat or tears. Without Christian principles and a belief that a Creator wanted men to be free, there would never have been a reason to fight against oppression.
Sounds like you are saying that people can't have principles without Christianity. Is that your assertion?

And who gave them those principle's? You mention Christians, you don't think God had his hands on those Christians to guide them to create this nation?

How is the government interfering with people pursuing their own religion?

For starters:

In a Sept. 14 policy memorandum, Col. Chuck Callahan, chief of staff of Walter Reed National Medical Center, banned family members from bringing Bibles and other "religious items" when visiting wounded military personnel at the facility. Walter Reed Banned Family Members From Bringing Bibles to Wounded Warriors | CNSnews.com

Religious Censorship at Houston National Cemetery - Houston National (Veterans Affairs VA) Cemetery Director Arleen Ocasio went out of her way to interfere with the religious wishes of family members of our fallen heroes. Religious Censorship at Houston National Cemetery | Texas GOP Vote

Limiting religious liberty in the area of public and private education.

Forbidding non-denominational prayer in public schools and at educational ceremonies.

Excluding the Bible from school classrooms and from other school property.

Refusing to permit the religious displays on public property, such as Christmas and Chanukah.

Muslims, Atheists Pressure US Military to Remove Christian Speaker at West Point
Muslims, Atheists Pressure Military to Remove Christian Speaker | FOX News & Commentary: Todd Starnes

I think, to clarify the "more freedom without Religion" point, is that it further ensures that the rules from any book with "Religion" as their justification would never be imposed; rather, Laws of Society are based solely on Man's understanding of "good," man's understanding of Co-habitation and man's understanding of Liberty.

and where does one get a belief? The book or maybe another person who got theirs from their book either way its learned.

Forum List

Back