Akon says blacks should move back to Africa

That's just the way Abraham Lincoln thought it should happen.
Yep. Most people don't know that...Most think he was a great man etc etc few take the time to realize he was an ardent racist and wanted the white and black races to be separate.

But to be fair, there were very few people who actually thought blacks and whites were equal and should co-mingle. Just because someone didn't think it was kosher to own another human being or treat them like a mule just because of the color of their skin didn't mean they wanted to be around them.

As a black american woman who has been to africa i find this amusing. many africans don't even look as black american being real africans. not only that it is a horrible place to be a woman. rape is pretty common there.

i think i'll pass.
Black Americans are real Americans. ;)

I was so hopeful integration would work before the summer of '67. In Detroit, things were seperate but equal...the black community had their own shops and stores, homes and parks and you could go downtown without a pistol back then. Then that night in July the cops busted a blind-pig (after hours club) and the Black Panthers were ready to destroy the city. 2,200 buildings burned....43 killed (some say it was 5 times that many) and my city lay in ruins. I shipped out to RVN 3 months later and in all the crazy shit I saw and did there, nothing was more bizarre than tanks on Woodward Ave....firetrucks with .50 caliber heavy machine guns mounted on the back....the Detroit skyline a bright orange at 2am....I'll never forget that and I'll never forgive that.

In my humble opinion, separate but equal is the main contributor to the mess we are in today.

We (the whites, not us personally) told the blacks "we do not want you to assimilate, we don't want you in the melting pot".

And the blacks started their own culture within the U.S. instead lieu of assimilating.

That schism causes many of the problems we see today...

The Italians and the Poles and the Irish and the Koreans and the Chinese and the Mexicans and the Polynesians and the Cubans, they all more or less assimilated into American culture by the 2nd or 3rd generation, but by instituting legally enforced separation, every generation of black youth is steeped in a separate culture with separate social rules and ethics.

The question now is how to repair the schism...

African blacks for the most part despise American blacks. If they did move back they wouldn't last too long.

Not a bad idea. That would reduce our crime, poverty, illiteracy, welfare, disease, food stamp, handouts numbers by billions!
Au contraire, mon amie. Our country is richer for African American contributions in every field--botany's George Washington Carver, music composers Janis Joplin, Ray Charles, Sammy Davis Jr., Statesman and military leader Colin Powell, Martin Luther King, Toni Morrison, singer Dionne Warwick, Donna Summer, Justice Thurgood Marshall and Clarence Thomas - just where do I begin?

Too much talk. Not enough love.

Edit: Al Jolson doesn't count, I'm told! My bad!

attachment_xlarge.jpeg

Last edited:
Not a bad idea. That would reduce our crime, poverty, illiteracy, welfare, disease, food stamp, handouts numbers by billions!
Au contraire, mon amie. Our country is richer for African American contributions in every field--botany's George Washington Carver, music composers Janis Joplin, Ray Charles, Sammy Davis Jr., Statesman and military leader Colin Powell, Martin Luther King, Toni Morrison, Al Jolson, singer Dionne Warwick, Donna Summer, Justice Thurgood Marshall and Clarence Thomas - just where do I begin?

Then let's change that and make sure there is more than enough love.

Every African American in the United States need to move their money, family, knowledge back to Africa were u will be treated like the royalty you are,”

:eusa_whistle:

Akon speaks out on George Zimmerman case

Did he really say that? wow he is so lost, he knows less than zero about the reality of Africa, Black Americans being treated like royalty in Africa? sweet Jesus.

His comments were dumb, but I'd guess that he knows the "reality" of Africa better than you do - since he grew up in Senegal.

Did he really say that? wow he is so lost, he knows less than zero about the reality of Africa, Black Americans being treated like royalty in Africa? sweet Jesus.

His comments were dumb, but I'd guess that he knows the "reality" of Africa better than you do - since he grew up in Senegal.

He knows that if you have money you can live like a king. But that's true anywhere. The average American black couldn't live like a king and the average African black can't stand them.

He knows that if you have money you can live like a king. But that's true anywhere. The average American black couldn't live like a king and the average African black can't stand them.

I agree, his comments were dumb.

You could live "like a king" in Africa with less money than it would take in many other places, though.

You could live "like a king" in Africa with less money than it would take in many other places, though.

Not really...India, most Pacific islands, most of South America, most of Central America etc. Africa is just bigger.

Not really...India, most Pacific islands, most of South America, most of Central America etc. Africa is just bigger.

Well, it's certainly not where I'd choose to go, if I had a moderately sized fortune and wanted to "live like a king".

I'd probably go to the Philippines.

Well, it's certainly not where I'd choose to go, if I had a moderately sized fortune and wanted to "live like a king".

I'd probably go to the Philippines.

Costa Rica or Belize.

LOL, I saw a picture of the grass hut this guy live in...

multi million dollar mansion I should say...but hey if people want to listen to him, have at it..I'm sure you all can live just like he does

Our country is richer for African American contributions in every field...

Yeah, murder, robbery, burglary, theft, baby-killing, thuggery, assault, dog fighting, domestic violence, manslaughter... :evil:

I don't care what color anyone is as long as they behave. Blacks and Hispanics commit a disproportionately high amount of crime.
Never knew Janis Joplin was black. Just thought she hung around with a lot of them.

Au contraire, mon amie. Our country is richer for African American contributions in every field--botany's George Washington Carver, music composers Janis Joplin, Ray Charles, Sammy Davis Jr., Statesman and military leader Colin Powell, Martin Luther King, Toni Morrison, Al Jolson, singer Dionne Warwick, Donna Summer, Justice Thurgood Marshall and Clarence Thomas - just where do I begin?

Then let's change that and make sure there is more than enough love.
I'm all for it if "love" means respect, not a method of emptying the national treasury of fiscal reserves for protecting this nation from its enemies, based on community organization foibles.

Forum List

Back