Akon says blacks should move back to Africa

African Americans could not go back to Africa because there is no welfare in Africa.

Not a bad idea. That would reduce our crime, poverty, illiteracy, welfare, disease, food stamp, handouts numbers by billions!
Au contraire, mon amie. Our country is richer for African American contributions in every field--botany's George Washington Carver, music composers Janis Joplin, Ray Charles, Sammy Davis Jr., Statesman and military leader Colin Powell, Martin Luther King, Toni Morrison, singer Dionne Warwick, Donna Summer, Justice Thurgood Marshall and Clarence Thomas - just where do I begin?

Too much talk. Not enough love.

Edit: Al Jolson doesn't count, I'm told! My bad!

attachment_xlarge.jpeg

Quite a list. I would add one of my intellectual heroes: Thomas Sowell.

Africa doesn't want em

Not the only president to think that:

Monrovia is the capital city of the West African country of Liberia. Located on the Atlantic Coast at Cape Mesurado, it lies geographically within Montserrado County, but is administered separately. The city is governed as a metropolitan city called Greater Monrovia District, which had a population of 970,824 as of the 2008 census, containing 29% of the total population of Liberia and is the country's most populous city.[2] Monrovia is the cultural, political and financial hub for the entire country. The body that administers the government of Greater Monrovia District is the Monrovia City Corporation.

Founded in 1822, Monrovia is named in honor of U.S. President James Monroe, a prominent supporter of the colonization of Liberia. Along with Washington, D.C., it is one of two national capitals to be named after a U.S. President. Monrovia was founded thirty years after Freetown, Sierra Leone, the first permanent Black American settlement in Africa

Monrovia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Monroe actually found them a place.

SS

Has Akon seen what is going on in Africa?

That's what i was thinking too. Also, who is he to tell others what they should do? I mean, i understand the uproar over a percieved racial loss in a case that clearly had nothing to do with race, but does that really give him any ground to stand up and tell others they should "move to Africa"?

What a dick. He should go himself and then say why he did it. Or is it that he makes a lot of money out of our culture here and his cutting off his own nose to spite his face?

:eusa_whistle:

I agree, plus even if he did move to Africa with his money he would live like a King there. Average Black folks, not so much. Better kiss that running water and 24 hour electricity good bye.

[MENTION=26153]High_Gravity[/MENTION]

H_G, you get to stay! ;)

Reality is, I really don't want my grandbaby to grow up in the middle of the crap we had in the 60s. My daughter married a foreigner, and truth be told, I often fantasize about my little brood leaving this country.

I agree, his comments were dumb.

You could live "like a king" in Africa with less money than it would take in many other places, though.

Not really...India, most Pacific islands, most of South America, most of Central America etc. Africa is just bigger.

Well, it's certainly not where I'd choose to go, if I had a moderately sized fortune and wanted to "live like a king".

I'd probably go to the Philippines.

Or Thailand.

40 baht to the dollar!

Some of you need to read the black intellectual W E B Dubois. He addressed many issues. He wrote of the way slaves who had fled to the north were sent, BY THE GOVERNMENT, back to the plantation, as well of the numbers who froze and starved to death trying to get to the north because they didn't know how to take care of themselves. He distinguished between slaves who wanted to be equal, have opportunities, and be something besides slaves, and he contrasted them to slaves who just wanted peace and quiet and the ones who wanted to be at perpetual rest. He noted that those who just wanted peace and quiet were better off on the plantations.

I never knew any of this until I went to work at a state mental hospital where most of the staff was black. When they first told me I didn't even believe it. Then we entered the information age and I researched it myself and found the writings of DuBois.

There is no way former slaves were EVER going to be accepted and assimilated into white society. Now, many blacks are separatists because merely going to school with white people did nothing for them at all. The assimilation of slaves and those they intermarried with by society didn't happen as far back as Bible times. The 'good Samaritan' is a prime example. The Samaritans were a group of Jews who had intermarried with former slaves. Malice was attributed to them and they were outcasts in that society. This country couldn't even learn from history or myth as the case may be on that one. But, IMO, I believe if the government, which is the SAME government we have today that invaded Iraq, had put its mind to it there could have been some solution that would have brought the former slaves and their descendants along. I understand the precept of Affirmative Action. But my black friends think it was just another injustice done to them by the government, because now no one will give any of them credit for making it on their own. The common consensus is that they all took handouts. There is also considerable resentment amongst whites who feel they got the shaft, and even in my profession I felt that. It wasn't until law school that I learned that AA was there to 'right past wrongs.' Still, I had no hand in that, so why should I and my family not be allowed to be competitive in the marketplace? It is just wrong. All people in this country are NOT equal, never have been, and never will be, evidenced by the remarks all across this great country of ours about an 'all female jury.' That BS has set this country back a good 30 years, and now I know what the mainstream power brokers REALLY think of my considerable efforts to educate myself and my family. It was all for naught. I would have been better off to kick back and live on the SS I could have had after my husband's death.

SS

Last edited:
It has always puzzled me how blacks do everything possible to emulate the styles of their African cousins, Hair. Clothing.

Yet they don't seem to want to return their to live.

Make sense? :eusa_whistle:

Africa is a continent; so, making general statements about “Africa” not wanting American Blacks to be repatriated is just plain ridiculous. Yes, there are some African countries that forbid dual citizenship but those that do not forbid it are among the wealthiest. Ghana goes a step further in offering Dual Citizenship specifically to the Involuntary African Diaspora.

LIST OF AFRICAN COUNTRIES WITH DUAL CITIZENSHIP

A. The current list of countries in Africa that have some form of Dual Citizenship:
Angola
Benin
Burundi
Cote d'Ivoire (restrictions on holding office as president & vice-president of the republic; president and vice-president of parliament - speaker and deputy speaker of parliament).
Djibouti
Egypt (with permission)
Eritrea (with permission , has created an intermediary status)
Gabon
Gambia
Ghana (Dual Citizens may not hold a set of listed senior positions, includes dual citizenship for the involuntary African diaspora . )
Kenya
Lesotho
Morocco
Mozambique
Namibia
Nigeria
Rwanda
Sao tome & Principie
Sierra Leone
South Africa (with permission/application at Dept. of Home Affairs)
Togo
Tunisia
Uganda
B. Countries that have a bill being tabled in parliament:

1. Tanzania
2. Zambia
3. Zimbabwe

C. African Countries that offer Dual Citizenship for the Involuntary African Diaspora:

1. Ghana

It appears that this thread provides yet another excuse to rant and rave about perceived notions of Black inferiority. Will there ever be an end to such drivel? Welfare, Affirmative Action and other “drains” on society are almost universally attributed to American Blacks alone. The countering argument that more white women were served by AA than Blacks; or, that more White people are on welfare than Blacks goes unheeded.

Moreover, the purported assimilation of model minorities, such as the Asians, into American culture is constantly thrown in Black people’s faces; even those who have shown a good measure of success in their own right!
Knee-jerk evaluations, formed by inculcation from Fox, Limbaugh, Savage Nation and the like, give impetus to prejudices and preconceived notions that lie just beneath the surface in all bigots. There is no amount of reasoning or facts that can be presented that will deter that kind of mindset.

Still, whenever bigotry and racial ignorance raises its ugly head in a semi civilized setting such as this. I must act in some way to represent the unpopular side… The under dog’s story must be told in context and in pursuit of the truth! My responses are not for detractors or those who will never love black people. My narratives are for those who are objective and need to draw upon both sides of observations to make humane and fair conclusions should they ever be in a position to judge someone not like themselves!

I still believe that most Blacks go to work everyday, are Christians… both socially and spiritually, and, are as socially conservative as Ronald Reagan was.

The misconception that Blacks are overly dependent on whites for leadership and guidance is another fallacy! Black people lived for thousands of years before White folks even existed. But to bring the point home on a more contemporary level. Lets not forget that less than 50 years out of bondage, In the early 1900s, Blacks were building prosperous enclaves in Florida, Oklahoma California and throughout the south. But often, when they dared to succeed, jealous whites used some flimsy excuse, usually an alleged rape of a white woman, to murder, pillage and burn

Nevertheless, these shining examples of Black enterprise, ingenuity and business acumen prove that Black people do not need white people to survive.

Rosewood massacre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Greenwood, Tulsa, Oklahoma - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
The thought of "inferiority of blacks" is strictly a Dem/leftist theory. They do everything possible to belittle blacks who, through their own efforts, have risen to become outstanding leaders in every field. How often do they do everything possible to belittle those who think independently?

One could make a list of such blacks that would fill this screen.

The thought of "inferiority of blacks" is strictly a Dem/leftist theory. They do everything possible to belittle blacks who, through their own efforts, have risen to become outstanding leaders in every field. How often do they do everything possible to belittle those who think independently?

One could make a list of such blacks that would fill this screen.

I could link to posts made by many in this very forum who have expressed their bigotry in no uncertain terms. None claim to be liberal or democrat. In fact, many of them also routinely engage in excoriations of anyone who they unilaterally deem "non-conservative."
Have you been in a coma for the past 40 years or so? The once infamous roost for Southern political chiclken hawks, the Democrat Party, is now the party that elected the first Black President. The KKKers, John Birchers and other assorted racist entities have aligned themselves with right wing "conservatism"regardless of past or present party affiliation.
Notably, too, it seems, the majority of middle aged and older white American males have rallied to the Republican side in one last ditch effort to "conserve" that most sacred of all assets:
Whiteness!

Last edited:
Africa is a continent; so, making general statements about “Africa” not wanting American Blacks to be repatriated is just plain ridiculous. Yes, there are some African countries that forbid dual citizenship but those that do not forbid it are among the wealthiest. Ghana goes a step further in offering Dual Citizenship specifically to the Involuntary African Diaspora.

A. The current list of countries in Africa that have some form of Dual Citizenship:
Angola
Benin
Burundi
Cote d'Ivoire (restrictions on holding office as president & vice-president of the republic; president and vice-president of parliament - speaker and deputy speaker of parliament).
Djibouti
Egypt (with permission)
Gabon
Gambia
Ghana (Dual Citizens may not hold a set of listed senior positions, includes dual citizenship for the involuntary African diaspora . )
Kenya
Lesotho
Morocco
Mozambique
Namibia
Nigeria
Rwanda
Sao tome & Principie
Sierra Leone
Togo
Tunisia
Uganda

1. Tanzania
2. Zambia
3. Zimbabwe

C. African Countries that offer Dual Citizenship for the Involuntary African Diaspora:

1. Ghana

Typical ignorant response from a simpleton. Please note the use of DUAL citizenship. That means you, as a relatively well off black person (and face it, you have to be to travel to Africa) will bring your MONEY to the country that they can then tax.. More to the point you will then LEAVE and go home to make more money that you can then bring back in and the cycle continues.

Angola
Benin
Burundi
Djibouti
Egypt (with permission)
Gabon
Gambia
Kenya
Lesotho
Morocco
Mozambique
Namibia
Nigeria
Rwanda
Sao tome & Principie
Sierra Leone
Togo
Tunisia
Uganda

1. Tanzania
2. Zambia
3. Zimbabwe

1. Ghana

Typical ignorant response from a simpleton. Please note the use of DUAL citizenship. That means you, as a relatively well off black person (and face it, you have to be to travel to Africa) will bring your MONEY to the country that they can then tax.. More to the point you will then LEAVE and go home to make more money that you can then bring back in and the cycle continues.

Actually, this post wasn't meant for detractors like you! There is a lot of wealth in Africa that can be mutually beneficial to people who have links to both America and an African country. More and more American Blacks are starting to see that. That is Why I included African countries with DUAL citizenship in my response to the op and the sensible people who might get something out of it.

BTW, do not underestimate the intelligence of the liberals and progressives lurking here abouts. They certainly are not impressed by your pejorative remarks and your unresearched commentary. All you are doing is showing how dopey you are by trying to stick your pink nose where it doesn't belong. Buzz off fool, we can handle this!

Actually, this post wasn't meant for detractors like you! There is a lot of wealth in Africa that can be mutually beneficial to people who have links to both America and an African country. More and more American Blacks are starting to see that. That is Why I included African countries with DUAL citizenship in my response to the op and the sensible people who might get something out of it.

BTW, do not underestimate the intelligence of the liberals and progressives lurking here abouts. They certainly are not impressed by your pejorative remarks and your unresearched commentary. All you are doing is showing how dopey you are by trying to stick your pink nose where it doesn't belong. Buzz off fool, we can handle this!

I am friends with quite a few progressives here on the board. I value their opinions. What I don't value are libtards, they think they know what they are talking about but invariably they do not.

How much time have you spent in Africa? I have worked in Africa on 7 different occasions and my total time there extends to years. Mainly in Kenya but also Rhodesia before Mugabe took over, South Africa, Tanzania, Botswana and Chad with a little sightseeing trip to Morocco via Niger and Algeria thrown in.

I know Africa and Africans quite well.

Forum List

Back