Al Franken takes dummy Ted Cruz to School

Cruz does have it wrong when it comes to Net Neutrality. That of course won't stop people from coming to his defense because he has the right letter after his name.

Franken's a Fuck.

Despite Franken's long history in the entertainment industry, you don't see him hogging the spotlight, do you? He's not out there running to the cameras to get attention. In fact, you hardly ever see him. Know why? It's because he's doing the work. A lot of what's involved (or what's supposed to BE involved) with being a representative or a Senator is immersing yourself in the issues. That means reading and educating yourself. That means briefing books, and reports, and numbers, and summaries of reports which include evidence, and numbers, and comparisons, and cost-benefit analyses. It's pretty dry and boring stuff.

Meanwhile, men like Cruz, who just so happens to be one of the new darlings of the right, run around making noise and trying to get attention like a stripper with a new boob job. Cruz is like the Dennis Rodman of the Senate.

Okay, can YOU say why RWs are against net neutrality?

I oppose the FCC regulating the internet because I value the free and fair exchange of ideas without oversight from the Federal Government.

Great. Net neutrality does not regulate the internet. It simply prohibits companies like Comcast from restricting the free and fair exchange of ideas.

Not to worry. If nothing happens with Net Neutrality cable/internet bills will rise needlessly and the same people circling the wagons for Cruz will somehow blame liberals for the rise in their bill.

This is an issue that we should all support but sadly the blind partisans would rather play politics so they can pay more for their internet services.

Cruz's statements regarding Net Neutrality and Obamacare did demonstrate a profound lack of understanding of what Net Neutrality actually is.

But then Ted generally doesn't have a firm grasp on the issues he chooses to discuss. I remember him telling his constituents that defunding Obamacare by shutting down the government was going to be easy.

How'd that work out again?

You wouldn't be able to identify the difference between IPV4 and IPV6 if your life depended on it. You seem to think reciting talking points from the hate sites is a substitute for actual knowledge.

I doubt Fanken could figure out how to use the cable remote - he sure the fuck isn't going to subnet a vlan - nor are you.

And where did Cruz draw an 'IV4 and IV6' distinction in his claims regarding Net Neutrality?

Just quote him. If you can't, then you've offered us another red herring. And another hapless rout from your own claims.

Great. Net neutrality does not regulate the internet. It simply prohibits companies like Comcast from restricting the free and fair exchange of ideas.

False, it changes the internet from a title I utility to a title II utility - allowing the FCC to regulate it the way they do telephone and cell phone service.

Having the FCC regulate the internet is the stupidest idea leftists have ever come up with.

cb111514dAPC20141114034517.jpg

And Net Neutrality rules keep things the same.

False, it changes the internet from a title I utility to a title II utility - allowing the FCC to regulate it the way they do telephone and cell phone service.

Having the FCC regulate the internet is the stupidest idea leftists have ever come up with.

Save of course that the 'regulation' you speak of is keeping the same rules we have now.

Not to worry. If nothing happens with Net Neutrality cable/internet bills will rise needlessly and the same people circling the wagons for Cruz will somehow blame liberals for the rise in their bill.

This is an issue that we should all support but sadly the blind partisans would rather play politics so they can pay more for their internet services.

Net Neutrality has nothing to do with cable bills.

And you spew shit that Cruz knows nothing....

:eusa_whistle:

Last edited:

But if Obambam wants it so do they. They don't have to think any further on it. Thank gawd Republicans now have some control over him

And where did Cruz draw an 'IV4 and IV6' distinction in his claims regarding Net Neutrality?

Just quote him. If you can't, then you've offered us another red herring. And another hapless rout from your own claims.

I'm just pointing the irony of you calling Cruz ignorant...

You have no fucking clue what this is about - ThinkProgress is for it - therefore you are for it - end of story.

I'm just pointing the irony of you calling Cruz ignorant...

You have no fucking clue what this is about - ThinkProgress is for it - therefore you are for it - end of story.

So Cruz's argument had nothing to do with IV4 and IV6. Anymore red herrings you'd like to splatter on the floor?

Cruz's claim that Net Neutrality is Obamcare for the internet is simple ignorance. As Net Neutrality keeps the same rules we have now.

Save of course that the 'regulation' you speak of is keeping the same rules we have now.

That is a lie.

The law we have now is that the internet is a title I utility. The Net Neutrality backers seek to make the internet a regulated utility under title II.

Exactly....treating it like say, rail road access. Where all cargo has to be treated equally. Which is the same rules we've had for the internet since its inception.

So the 'regulation' you speak of is keeping the exact same rules we've always had. So much for the inept 'Obamacare' analogy. But then, Cruz rarely has a command of the topics he chooses to discuss.

Forum List

Back