Alabama SC orders judges to stop issuing homosexuals "marriage" licenses.

First, according to Johnson's dictionary of the English language (1755 edition) a marriage is very simply defined as ....
"A contract between a man and a woman"

And according to the dictionary today it is;

Marriage:

1. (broadly) any of the diverse forms of interpersonal union established invarious parts of the world to form a familial bond that is recognizedlegally, religiously, or socially, granting the participating partners mutual conjugal rights and responsibilities and including, for example,opposite-sex marriage, same-sex marriage, plural marriage, and arranged marriage:

Marriage Define Marriage at Dictionary.com

Marriage is our invention. It is whatever we say it is. We say it includes same sex couples. And our assessment is as authoritative in our era as the assessment of those in the past was in theirs.

In 37 of 50 States, marriage includes same sex couples. With that number likely to increase to 50 of 50 in June. Progress is a wonderful thing.
No, words are not that as we may choose to define them to be in order to fit that which we wish.

Actually, that's exactly what words are. They change as their meaning and usage change. That's why we keep printing new editions of dictionaries every year. Because the meaning and usage of words change over time. This is especially true of legal definitions, which change with any statutory adjustment.

You can ignore the dictionary if you wish. You can ignore the courts if you wish. You can ignore the law if you wish. But your willful ignorance doesn't change a thing. Marriage still includes same sex couples. Its still recognized in 37 of 50 States. And its still likely to be recognized in 50 of 50 States by June.

Get used to the idea.
Again, definitions do not change,.

Definitions change all of the time.

Look at the definition of 'Truck'

A truck is a truck. It isn't a car, it isn't a bicycle, it is a truck. It can have 18 wheels or four.

You are sick fuck because you despise homosexuals.

You are an angry person who is angry. You are angry because there are people who disagree with you.

You are a sick fuck because you think parenting is only about sex.

How else do children happen? How do parents become parents?

You are a sick fuck because you promoted bigotry and homophobia.

See my first response. Bigotry works two ways, just to let you know.

You are a sick fuck because you prefer that that children who have been abandoned by their parents live out their childhood in foster care rather than have a parent or parents that will provide them security and love.

I'll simply let that alone...

Being children of homosexual parents will surely bring down hatred unmerciful on them. Why should they be subject to that?

Why would you hate unmercifully the children whose parents are homosexuals?

I am very curious.

You are an angry person who is angry. You are angry because there are people who disagree with you.

You are a sick fuck because you prefer that that children who have been abandoned by their parents live out their childhood in foster care rather than have a parent or parents that will provide them security and love.

Being children of homosexual parents will surely bring down hatred unmerciful on them. Why should they be subject to that?

I am very curious.

I wouldn't. But there are others who will. Why would you bring that down on a child?

In the U.S. 397,122 children are living without permanent families in the foster care system. 101,666 of these children are eligible for adoption, but nearly 32% of these children will wait over three years in foster care before being adopted.

This stat of which has nothing to do with gay parenting or children of gay parents.

Do you think parenting is only about sex?

How else do humans reproduce? Educate me.

You don't seem to be able to answer the question.

Why is parenting only about sex to you?

Why do you think that parenting for Bob Hope was only about sex?
363444_1.jpg

Marriage is our invention. It is whatever we say it is. We say it includes same sex couples. And our assessment is as authoritative in our era as the assessment of those in the past was in theirs.

In 37 of 50 States, marriage includes same sex couples. With that number likely to increase to 50 of 50 in June. Progress is a wonderful thing.
No, words are not that as we may choose to define them to be in order to fit that which we wish.

Actually, that's exactly what words are. They change as their meaning and usage change. That's why we keep printing new editions of dictionaries every year. Because the meaning and usage of words change over time. This is especially true of legal definitions, which change with any statutory adjustment.

You can ignore the dictionary if you wish. You can ignore the courts if you wish. You can ignore the law if you wish. But your willful ignorance doesn't change a thing. Marriage still includes same sex couples. Its still recognized in 37 of 50 States. And its still likely to be recognized in 50 of 50 States by June.

Get used to the idea.

A truck is a truck. It isn't a car, it isn't a bicycle, it is a truck. It can have 18 wheels or four.

And what did 'truck' mean before there were motorized vehicles?

Does the term 'hand truck' ring any bells?

You know the 'definitions never change' schtick is an idiot's gambit. You're being contrary out of petulance now.

I am very curious.

I wouldn't. But there are others who will. Why would you bring that down on a child?

So you are just speaking for others, unidentified, unknown......essentially your fantasy.

Tell me- do you know anyone who has decided to have children- or not have children- based upon whether you tell them that others will hate their children?

363444_1.jpg

How else do you have children if not through sex? Are you hard of hearing? Stop repeating yourself.

You moved your goal post. 'Having children' isn't the standard we're discussing. Parenting is.

And there are many ways to be a parent without having sex.

Surrogacy. Artificial insemination. Adoption. Remarriage. Fostering.

No matter how you try to spin it, parenting and fucking aren't the same thing. There's a reason you and your ilk have lost this debate with the public.

Get used to the idea.

A truck does NOT have 18 wheels, this is why people today are so ignorant. A tractor typically has six, or 10 wheels, a tractor trailor typically has 18 wheels, A "Truck" is NOT a tractor- trailer. You see, you have just made the mistake of accepting an incorrect definition of a "Truck".

363444_1.jpg

How else do you have children if not through sex? Are you hard of hearing? Stop repeating yourself.

Once again- why do you think that parenting is only about sex?

The photo below are of the parents of 4 lovely children- all adopted by Bob and Dolores Hope.
363444_1.jpg

So why do you think that parenting is all about sex?

I mean as a parent this intrigues me. I don't know of any parent that believes that.

When you see parents showing up for PTA meetings- is that only about sex?
When you see parents working two jobs to ensure that their kids can go to college- is that only about sex?

To you- is parenting only about sex?

I have known many parents while raising my own child. And that has never been my experience or the experience of any parent i know

So you are just speaking for others, unidentified, unknown......essentially your fantasy.

How do I know you are a parent? How do I know the parents you know are real? You think you speak for all parents, but you don't.

Tell me- do you know anyone who has decided to have children- or not have children- based upon whether you tell them that others will hate their children?

Tell me, how many children have a gay couple for parents? How many children have a mom and dad? Do the math.

In the U.S. 397,122 children are living without permanent families in the foster care system. 101,666 of these children are eligible for adoption, but nearly 32% of these children will wait over three years in foster care before being adopted.

This stat of which has nothing to do with gay parenting or children of gay parents.

The stat of which has to do with the post you responded to.

If you can't follow the dance, don't jump into the line.

How do I know you are a parent? How do I know the parents you know are real? You think you speak for all parents, but you don't..

How do I know that you aren't a Russian operative? How do I know that you aren't a 9 year old boy who is stole his mom's computer password? How do I know you aren't a mental patient out on parole?

Now you're beating around the bush. You are in fact not the authority on the subject of parenting.

How do I know you are a parent? How do I know the parents you know are real? You think you speak for all parents, but you don't..

How do I know that you aren't a Russian operative? How do I know that you aren't a 9 year old boy who is stole his mom's computer password? How do I know you aren't a mental patient out on parole?

And my work here is done. This my friends is how a bad argument dies.

Later.

Now you're beating around the bush. You are in fact not the authority on the subject of parenting.

You really don't have a clue what the conversation that you jumped into is do you- you must be just trolling- no one could be this absolutely clueless as to the thread.

In the U.S. 397,122 children are living without permanent families in the foster care system. 101,666 of these children are eligible for adoption, but nearly 32% of these children will wait over three years in foster care before being adopted

You don't know - or care about the relevance of those numbers- well your ignorance is not my problem.

Forum List

Back