All blacks are victims of whitey museum opening today.

It is part of southern U.S. History.

Slavery existed 200 years before the Democratic Party was formed
Republicans in the north were active members of the KKK in Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania and NJ
Democrats in the north were opposed to Jim Crow
It was a Democrat who signed Civil Rights Law

Nope, KKK was formed in 1865, by confederates. By southern democrats.

Sure, there were some democrats in the north that opposed JC, but you can't claim there were all against since democrats of the reconstruction period called themselves "white man party".

It was democrats who signed CRA, the same one who opposed every CRA version before that one that was voted for by republicans with most democrats voting against it.

You can be selective in your half truths, but whole truth will come out sooner or later.

I am not bitching about it being built. What I am bitching about is this museum is not about black history. What it is about is the perpetual commitment to convince them that they are victims. Nearly every artifact is about that. Like every show in history channel during black history month.

That is what this is ALL ABOUT.

Well, considering that this country was founded in 1776, and slavery wasn't abolished until 1864, and then it took over 100 more years (1964/1965) until the Jim Crow laws were repealed and blacks got the full right to vote, yeah, I'd say that for the most part in this country, blacks have been given the short end of the stick.

It's not convincing them they are victims, it's showing how long this country has kept them down.
It is all part of history...the good and the bad

There are three museums on the National Mall dedicated to specific ethnic groups........African American Museum, Native Anerican Museum and Holocaust Museum. Guess what they have in common?

Never again

Interesting, whenever is something exclusively democrats doing bad - it's part of the history, "we" did it as country. Nope, democrats did it, and are still doing it.
Blaming the Democrats is deceptive

Slavery existed in the south for two hundred years before the Democratic or Republican Party was formed

It was decisively a SOUTHERN issue

Slavery existed before this country existed. So how those 200 years can be part of American history?

True, there were federalists and anti-federalist. Democrat party started when, 1800 something. And it just happened they were all pro slavery. Coincidence?
It was still America...it is who we are
Dems started in the 1830s, Republicans in the 1850s
The country was already fighting the issue of slavery before either existed

It is part of southern U.S. History.

Slavery existed 200 years before the Democratic Party was formed
Republicans in the north were active members of the KKK in Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania and NJ
Democrats in the north were opposed to Jim Crow
It was a Democrat who signed Civil Rights Law

Nope, KKK was formed in 1865, by confederates. By southern democrats.

Sure, there were some democrats in the north that opposed JC, but you can't claim there were all against since democrats of the reconstruction period called themselves "white man party".

It was democrats who signed CRA, the same one who opposed every CRA version before that one that was voted for by republicans with most democrats voting against it.

You can be selective in your half truths, but whole truth will come out sooner or later.

There were three iterations of the KKK

Reconstruction, post WWI and post WWII

Republicans were active members in the north.....racism knows no bounds

All three iterations of KKK were by democrats.

Just as slavery was, Jim Crow, and segregation, all came from the left.

You know, there is a pattern of behavior there, and it keeps repeating all the way to today.

All three iterations of KKK were by democrats.

Just as slavery was, Jim Crow, and segregation, all came from the left.

You know, there is a pattern of behavior there, and it keeps repeating all the way to today.
Actually you are obviously wrong

The KKK was very active in the north from 1910 to 1925. Republicans were very active in the KKK

The KKK of the 50s and 60s was a southern phenomenon and included southern republicans

Fast forward to today.....the KKK and all its Aryan nation affiliates are exclusively Republican

What does it matter to you what Blacks call themselves? It doesn't affect you in any way!

I don't give a shit how blacks wants to call themselves. That's completely up to them. If they were asked...

But they were not asked. They didn't chose to be called African American. If you ask them, all they want to be called is - American. But, southern democrat racist whites, along with party demagogues who always think they know what's best of everyone selected the term to make blacks feeling good about themselves. You see, we do care about you.

Esmeralda in previous post blasted on me for saying "there is no such thing as African American". For both of you, allow me to elaborate. You don't have to agree with me, and you probably wont, but at least you'll read opinion that differ from yours.

To understand my point you'll need to read thru couple of parts first, without it, it won't make sense to you. What exactly is the purpose of saying, for example Italian American, or Asian American, or Irish American? Reinforcing the belief they they're not just Americans, but that they're something else. Or that they're something else first, and Americans second?

I believe that people born in United States ARE American first, and "nothing" second. With exception, only immigrants that accepted the US citizenship could claim that they're American first and "something" second. Heritage is just that - heritage. Saying that someone who never lived in Ireland is Irish American is nonsense and stupid. It's just as stupid as saying "African American" since large majority of blacks in US have have never been in Africa and have no desire to go to Africa and other than their skin color have no other connection to Africa.

Second, by tracing DNA, scientist proved that we all share African roots. Therefore, should whites be called caucasian African, or caucasian Americans? Why are they called simply "white" and not European Americans, or Scandinavian Americans? Even more damning is term "Muslim Americans". They're just Americans who happen to be Muslim. You don't see people saying "Christian Americans" or Jewis Americans. You hear Christians or Jews. So why do we need qualifying statements? The truth is - we don't.

Why do we need to know people's race... unless subconsciously, deep down, southern white democrats were feeling that American equals white. Everyone else is not American, but "something American". They could not accept that blacks, or Irish, or Asians, could be Americans just as they are. They had to label them... Yes, you're American, but you're black, so you're really African American, and you're ginger, so you're Irish American. Second grade people.

So tell me, how insisting on using "politically correct" term "African American" for blacks is not insanely racist and based on prejudice?
You are wasting your time treating them with any respect. Complete waste of time.

Who is "them?"

Notice how the pathetic cliches of the left still do not and will never acknowledge the true history of THE BLACKS in this country?

The left are so pathetic.

I notice too how they agree that it really is not a museum about black history and that it is mainly about ALL blacks being victims of whitey museum.

Higlighted by that ugly looking structure that resembles a slave ship.

Lol at the pathetic patronizing racist left. They are so stupid. Especially that asian dripping poop pervert.

Rightwinger is just dumb.
George Bush helped make the African American Museum possible
There is no such thing as African American. That term is invented to satisfy leftist PC police and even that term is wrong since is implying that every black is African American. Hint: it's not.

I don't know why some blacks are insisting on being called African Americans. What's wrong with being just American? To satisfy the PC police, should whites insist on being called European Americans?
Yes of course, there is no such term as Irish American, Italian American, Asian American, Native American, Jewish American, etc.,

There is, however, a term that applies to you: Racist American.

Have you ever even been on the Mall in DC? Do you know that there is a Native American museum? Do you think that is a bad thing? Do you know there is a German American Heritage Museum? You got a problem with those museums? Are they exploiting the German American, Native Americans? The Jewish Museum? The Holocaust Museum? The Museum of Women in the Arts? You people are so stupid and ignorant it boggles the mind.

Here is the homework for you.

First - find and quote one post where I said I am against this or any other museum.

Since you going to fail on the first task, here is the second - find your lost chromosome immediately, since things like you wrote in your post cant be written by normal person, only by Retard American.

You don't read well. I underlined in your post the incorrect thing you said, and my post was directly aimed at that statement. YOU FAIL in reading comprehension skills...as well as putting 2 and 2 together. Go back to grammar school.

Not all blacks in US are Americans.
Not all blacks in US are Africans.
Not all blacks in US are African and American.

Assuming that someone black is automatically African Americans is idiotic.

I said nothing wrong, the term African American is just PC term invented simply to regulate the speech.

I'll explain this in my next post since JQP1 asked related question.
And not all Africans are black and not all blacks descend from Africa. The terminology fails on every level.

Well, duhhh, those that aren't descended directly from Africa probably don't call them selves African Americans.
That is where the universal descriptor "Black" comes into play. See how that works?

Notice how the pathetic cliches of the left still do not and will never acknowledge the true history of THE BLACKS in this country?

I notice too how they agree that it really is not a museum about black history and that it is mainly about ALL blacks being victims of whitey museum.

Lol at the pathetic patronizing racist left. They are so stupid. Especially that asian dripping poop pervert.

George Bush doesn't seem to agree with you. Did you hear his speech? Also, his signature got the whole thing started.

"As Laura mentioned, 15 years ago, members from both parties – Congressman John Lewis and Sam Brownback, then-senator from Kansas – informed me that they were about to introduce legislation creating a new museum to share the stories and celebrate the achievements of African Americans. You know, it would be fair to say that the Congress and I did not always see eye to eye. If you know what I mean, Mr. President. (Laughter) But this is one issue where we strongly agreed. I was honored to sign the bill authorizing the construction of this national treasure. And I’m pleased it now stands where it has always belonged, on the National Mall." ~ George Bush~

bd1ixkni0x30qr8tdwgb.jpg

Trump on New African-American Museum: 'We're All Very Proud of It'

Donald Trump Saturday praised the opening of the National Museum of African American History and Culture at the Smithsonian Institution, telling a rally in Virginia that "we're all very proud of it."

"I saw it the other day in going around Washington — and it looked beautiful," Trump said at the Berglund Center in Roanoke. "We congratulate and honor those involved with the project and recognize today the incredible contributions of the African-American community to this nation."
I'd rather see his tax returns so I can determine if he made any contributions to that museum since he suddenly loves African Americans so much!

White people do have a museum celebrating their roles in history.....FROM JEWS TO NIGGA'S TO THE EXTINCTION OF INDIANS....ALL MADE POSSIBLE BY HATE MONGERING WHITE MOTHEFUCKERS!!
That was a bit harsh, but I do agree. The White Man has been writing (or re-writing it) history at the expense of everyone else. I've read most of it and believed it was all true. I'd seen what 'the other people' had been writing and how it was in stark contrast to what 'whitey' had been saying. It's not easy (after 70 years on this earth) to find out 'a little bit at a time' that the other people were right.

What does it matter to you what Blacks call themselves? It doesn't affect you in any way!

I don't give a shit how blacks wants to call themselves. That's completely up to them. If they were asked...

But they were not asked. They didn't chose to be called African American. If you ask them, all they want to be called is - American. But, southern democrat racist whites, along with party demagogues who always think they know what's best of everyone selected the term to make blacks feeling good about themselves. You see, we do care about you.

Stop while you still have some modicum of dignity. You know nothing about how the term African American came about.

Esmeralda in previous post blasted on me for saying "there is no such thing as African American". For both of you, allow me to elaborate. You don't have to agree with me, and you probably wont, but at least you'll read opinion that differ from yours.
Oh, gosh, do I have to endure another post Columbian expert on race titles? You guys still call Native Americans Indians and they have never been anywhere near India. And when you discovered Columbus was wrong you kept calling any and all the indigenous populations Indians.
Africans brought here as slaves were given a plethora of pejorative names ranging from "Darkies, N*ggers, Spooks and savages or various animal types. Benevolent Whites decided on the Spanish word Negro which means Black. The origins of the term African American is not clear but it seems to have emerged from amidst Black personalities such such as Jesse Jackson and Malcolm X. where it blossomed in the Civil Rights Era as a tribute to the promise of equality.

To understand my point you'll need to read thru couple of parts first, without it, it won't make sense to you. What exactly is the purpose of saying, for example Italian American, or Asian American, or Irish American? Reinforcing the belief they they're not just Americans, but that they're something else. Or that they're something else first, and Americans second?

I believe that people born in United States ARE American first, and "nothing" second. With exception, only immigrants that accepted the US citizenship could claim that they're American first and "something" second. Heritage is just that - heritage. Saying that someone who never lived in Ireland is Irish American is nonsense and stupid. It's just as stupid as saying "African American" since large majority of blacks in US have have never been in Africa and have no desire to go to Africa and other than their skin color have no other connection to Africa.

You worry too much about trivial things that are entrenched in the American social landscape. Dictionaries and encyclopedias have included that term. Schoolbooks and media use the terms. The FBI statistics used proportionally to portray all Blacks as criminals depend on group identifications: Whites, Blacks Asians, Hispanics and "other." White Americans demand that divisiveness because many believe they are the true and only real Americans. And when they see that their majority is doing even slightly better than Blacks or Hispanics in any ctegory it makes them feel better about themselves.

Second, by tracing DNA, scientist proved that we all share African roots. Therefore, should whites be called caucasian African, or caucasian Americans? Why are they called simply "white" and not European Americans, or Scandinavian Americans? Even more damning is term "Muslim Americans". They're just Americans who happen to be Muslim. You don't see people saying "Christian Americans" or Jewis Americans. You hear Christians or Jews. So why do we need qualifying statements? The truth is - we don't.

Why do we need to know people's race... unless subconsciously, deep down, southern white democrats were feeling that American equals white. Everyone else is not American, but "something American". They could not accept that blacks, or Irish, or Asians, could be Americans just as they are. They had to label them... Yes, you're American, but you're black, so you're really African American, and you're ginger, so you're Irish American. Second grade people.

So tell me, how insisting on using "politically correct" term "African American" for blacks is not insanely racist and based on prejudice?

Actually, I agree with you here. Except I don't think southerners were the first to call Blacks African Americans.
Nor do I see innate racism in the term African American. I see more racism in the term "White." that term suggests purity and imparts an aura if superiority over the darker peoples of the earth. We can see it isn' an accurate description of European Caucasians because no one is truly White, figuratively or physically. Many "White " people are blacker than the darkest Africans. The id cards or drivers licenses of Black East Indians or Black Mexicans often have "White" or Caucasian" typed in the race block!

So you see. White men have bot been too successful at trying to pigeonhole people in racial categories. Race is a social construct invented by Europeans who made fair skin a"White race" and turned it into a tool of oppression and conquest. Then they made icons of the Jewish Christ and made him the beacon of Whiteness whereas any who could be converted were enslaved by the false god of Whiteness they had superimposed upon Jesus. Then came the soldiers to rape the land of the converted heathens.

Trump on New African-American Museum: 'We're All Very Proud of It'

Donald Trump Saturday praised the opening of the National Museum of African American History and Culture at the Smithsonian Institution, telling a rally in Virginia that "we're all very proud of it."

"I saw it the other day in going around Washington — and it looked beautiful," Trump said at the Berglund Center in Roanoke. "We congratulate and honor those involved with the project and recognize today the incredible contributions of the African-American community to this nation."
I'd rather see his tax returns so I can determine if he made any contributions to that museum since he suddenly loves African Americans so much!

If Donald Trump contributed his tax returns to the American Public- it would be the first time Trump has ever put American voters first.

George Bush doesn't seem to agree with you. Did you hear his speech? Also, his signature got the whole thing started.

"As Laura mentioned, 15 years ago, members from both parties – Congressman John Lewis and Sam Brownback, then-senator from Kansas – informed me that they were about to introduce legislation creating a new museum to share the stories and celebrate the achievements of African Americans. You know, it would be fair to say that the Congress and I did not always see eye to eye. If you know what I mean, Mr. President. (Laughter) But this is one issue where we strongly agreed. I was honored to sign the bill authorizing the construction of this national treasure. And I’m pleased it now stands where it has always belonged, on the National Mall." ~ George Bush~

bd1ixkni0x30qr8tdwgb.jpg
Well you know what this makes Bush according to the OP........race traitor.......

I am not bitching about it being built. What I am bitching about is this museum is not about black history. What it is about is the perpetual commitment to convince them that they are victims. Nearly every artifact is about that. Like every show in history channel during black history month.

That is what this is ALL ABOUT.

Well, considering that this country was founded in 1776, and slavery wasn't abolished until 1864, and then it took over 100 more years (1964/1965) until the Jim Crow laws were repealed and blacks got the full right to vote, yeah, I'd say that for the most part in this country, blacks have been given the short end of the stick.

It's not convincing them they are victims, it's showing how long this country has kept them down.
It is all part of history...the good and the bad

There are three museums on the National Mall dedicated to specific ethnic groups........African American Museum, Native Anerican Museum and Holocaust Museum. Guess what they have in common?

Never again

Interesting, whenever is something exclusively democrats doing bad - it's part of the history, "we" did it as country. Nope, democrats did it, and are still doing it.
Blaming the Democrats is deceptive

Slavery existed in the south for two hundred years before the Democratic or Republican Party was formed

It was decisively a SOUTHERN issue

Slavery existed before this country existed. So how those 200 years can be part of American history?

True, there were federalists and anti-federalist. Democrat party started when, 1800 something. And it just happened they were all pro slavery. Coincidence?

Nope- they weren't all pro-slavery.

But I am glad you agree that the Confederate States were Democrats.

Which means of course that the Democratic Party today is the party of Robert E. Lee and Stonewall Jackson of course......LOL

That is why the Democratic Party is the party defending the stars and bars......

* Stop while you still have some modicum of dignity. You know nothing about how the term African American came about.

* Oh, gosh, do I have to endure another post Columbian expert on race titles? You guys still call Native Americans Indians and they have never been anywhere near India. And when you discovered Columbus was wrong you kept calling any and all the indigenous populations Indians.
Africans brought here as slaves were given a plethora of pejorative names ranging from "Darkies, N*ggers, Spooks and savages or various animal types. Benevolent Whites decided on the Spanish word Negro which means Black. The origins of the term African American is not clear but it seems to have emerged from amidst Black personalities such such as Jesse Jackson and Malcolm X. where it blossomed in the Civil Rights Era as a tribute to the promise of equality.

* You worry too much about trivial things that are entrenched in the American social landscape. Dictionaries and encyclopedias have included that term. Schoolbooks and media use the terms. The FBI statistics used proportionally to portray all Blacks as criminals depend on group identifications: Whites, Blacks Asians, Hispanics and "other." White Americans demand that divisiveness because many believe they are the true and only real Americans. And when they see that their majority is doing even slightly better than Blacks or Hispanics in any ctegory it makes them feel better about themselves.

You're in good form, JQ, despite a few of the members determined to give you a headache today. It just rolls right off of your back. :biggrin:

no it doesn't

why state an obvious lie when even the Pres said it's a racist museum?

it's only about blacks, and no one else, therefore; racist
Too bad. If you dont like it dont pay your taxes.
^ supports racism b/c is a racist.
Stop whining.
stop being a racist
Stop being a cave gibbon.
and speaking of being a racist....

no it doesn't

why state an obvious lie when even the Pres said it's a racist museum?

it's only about blacks, and no one else, therefore; racist
Too bad. If you dont like it dont pay your taxes.
^ supports racism b/c is a racist.
Stop whining.
stop being a racist

Chances are better with striking lottery...
guy won a million off a scratch off ticket, after taxes he got $400k

60% tax, his fair share..

Is there a single poster here who
a) is pissed off about this new museum and
b) is not a Trump voter?
Pissed off? We aren't all in your bubble, little boy.

So you just don't like the Museum- and are a Trump voter.

LOL
I never said I was pissed off at some stupid museum and it has nothing to do with Donald Trump. You're just a stupid asshole that can't see straight. It's no wonder why you line up with the ideology that you do. Lies and smears is all you have because you are too intellectually lazy to use your brain.

The FBI statistics used proportionally to portray all Blacks as criminals depend on group identifications: Whites, Blacks Asians, Hispanics and "other." White Americans demand that divisiveness because many believe they are the true and only real Americans.
That's an idiotic lie that you can't begin to back up. Which is why you didn't even try. You have nothing but prejudice, stupidity, intolerance supported by smear mongering. You don't get to make stupid shit up and not get called on it. If that's what you need, go to HuffPo.

Forum List

Back