All You Bundy Lovers....Your New Hero Speaks....Shoots Self in Foot

I agree with Boop here. I don't know where Cliven Bundy is coming from, blacks have it great in America, they have never had it easier anywhere at anytime in the world.

Right now the "people watching" are his allies. Just wait until the tide shifts and a republicrat (or if God is truly merciful and loves us... a REAL conservative) is elected. Bed wetting statist pukes like KNB will be wailing and gnashing their teeth about drones, satellites, microchips, wire taps and GPS devices.
God damn, you people are fucking retarded. You spent the last two weeks defending Cliven Bundy and now that he's just an old pathetic racist, every single one of you is blaming liberals for him speaking his mind.

You people are pathetic. You lost. Your candidates suck, your heroes are stupid racist criminals, you spent days, weeks even, threatening violence against law enforcement officers to defend a criminal and then disowned the criminal when he said something retarded. The Confederacy lost. You just lost. Just shut up and lose.

About 50-70 years ago, there were serious discussions about whether contraception itself was even legal. Birth control movement in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not that long ago, mixed race marriages were illegal as well. Interracial marriage - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The proliferation of the power of women in the once male-dominated arenas of politics, economics, education, and even the arts has also signaled an attack on right wing/caveman principles.
The End of Men, in one chart

So what you see is that the GOP activists are constantly on the look out for any "good" news. So when George Zimmerman guns down a black kid, it's seen as a victory. Later on when you find they find out what kind of lifelong loser he is, they abandon him. This Bundy fellow (I will admit, that I have only read a few articles on what is going on); they embrace then have to distance themselves. Sharon Angle, Christine O'Donnell, Todd Akin, etc.... same model. What you see in the GOP is a thoroughly frustrated Party who are beginning to realize that they are on the way out unless they steer toward the center once more.

The activists are fighting the establishment for control of the Party so, in this forum where activism is usually the most vocal of the two factions, you have a group of loudmouthed losers who just attempt to make any and all as miserable as they are day in and day out.

Correct.

As a consequence of the reactionary right’s fear of change, conservatives seek out persons whom they perceive as representative of the myth of an American past the right has contrived, a fantasy of that past which never actually existed to begin with.

The Bundy motif is a manifestation of that fantasy: ‘independent’ landowner, ‘pioneer,’ and ‘self-sufficient,’ when in fact nothing could be further from the truth.

In reality, Bundy is a racist, fraud, and in contempt of the rule of law; where the Bundy fantasy turned into the nightmare of the true American past, that of hate, ignorance, and racism – where ‘Negroes’ were happy as slaves, and incapable of living in the modern ‘white man’s’ world.

Now that the truth of Bundy is known, the partisan right abandons its hero, some denouncing him, while others make a cowardly attempt to redirect blame.

The question that remains is will conservatives learn from this mistake and be more circumspect with regard to whom they elect as a hero, or will they continue to fall prey to their blind partisanism and desire to promote their failed agenda at all costs.

Sadly, the latter seem the more likely.

God damn, you people are fucking retarded. You spent the last two weeks defending Cliven Bundy and now that he's just an old pathetic racist, every single one of you is blaming liberals for him speaking his mind.

You people are pathetic. You lost. Your candidates suck, your heroes are stupid racist criminals, you spent days, weeks even, threatening violence against law enforcement officers to defend a criminal and then disowned the criminal when he said something retarded. The Confederacy lost. You just lost. Just shut up and lose.

About 50-70 years ago, there were serious discussions about whether contraception itself was even legal. Birth control movement in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not that long ago, mixed race marriages were illegal as well. Interracial marriage - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The proliferation of the power of women in the once male-dominated arenas of politics, economics, education, and even the arts has also signaled an attack on right wing/caveman principles.
The End of Men, in one chart

So what you see is that the GOP activists are constantly on the look out for any "good" news. So when George Zimmerman guns down a black kid, it's seen as a victory. Later on when you find they find out what kind of lifelong loser he is, they abandon him. This Bundy fellow (I will admit, that I have only read a few articles on what is going on); they embrace then have to distance themselves. Sharon Angle, Christine O'Donnell, Todd Akin, etc.... same model. What you see in the GOP is a thoroughly frustrated Party who are beginning to realize that they are on the way out unless they steer toward the center once more.

The activists are fighting the establishment for control of the Party so, in this forum where activism is usually the most vocal of the two factions, you have a group of loudmouthed losers who just attempt to make any and all as miserable as they are day in and day out.

Correct.

As a consequence of the reactionary right’s fear of change, conservatives seek out persons whom they perceive as representative of the myth of an American past the right has contrived, a fantasy of that past which never actually existed to begin with.

The Bundy motif is a manifestation of that fantasy: ‘independent’ landowner, ‘pioneer,’ and ‘self-sufficient,’ when in fact nothing could be further from the truth.

In reality, Bundy is a racist, fraud, and in contempt of the rule of law; where the Bundy fantasy turned into the nightmare of the true American past, that of hate, ignorance, and racism – where ‘Negroes’ were happy as slaves, and incapable of living in the modern ‘white man’s’ world.

Now that the truth of Bundy is known, the partisan right abandons its hero, some denouncing him, while others make a cowardly attempt to redirect blame.

The question that remains is will conservatives learn from this mistake and be more circumspect with regard to whom they elect as a hero, or will they continue to fall prey to their blind partisanism and desire to promote their failed agenda at all costs.

Sadly, the latter seem the more likely.

Well, 2 things.

Liberals have their fair share of "love them know, leave them later" persons such as Cynthia McKinney. The difference is that while the person has fallen out of favor for this reason or that (sometimes because they get tired of being the activist and simply want to go back to anonymity), the cause remains. Code Pink gives it to Obama quite often.

Code Pink - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The other thing is that I'm not entirely sure that the "it" you referred to never existed. I think it probably did. The truth however is that when "it" did exist--if "it" did--the memories that are heralded are selective and self serving. The nonsense about blacks being happier under slavery than they are now is pure drivel that only an insane sack of shit would agree with UNLESS you look back on those times with some sort of maniacal lust for a simpler time where you could own another human being as you would own a dog or a dress. It is true that the 1850's were simpler times and for the stupid (i.e. conservatives) in our society, simple=better.

I have news for you boys and girls, Bundy is NOT a racist.

And you Libs who are gloating have a ton of crow to eat.

” and so what I’ve testified to ya’, I was in the WATTS riot, I seen the beginning fire and I seen the last fire. What I seen is civil disturbance. People are not happy, people is thinking they did not have their freedom; they didn’t have these things, and they didn’t have them.

We’ve progressed quite a bit from that day until now, and sure don’t want to go back; we sure don’t want the colored people to go back to that point; we sure don’t want the Mexican people to go back to that point; and we can make a difference right now by taking care of some of these bureaucracies, and do it in a peaceful way.

Let me tell.. talk to you about the Mexicans, and these are just things I know about the negroes. I want to tell you one more thing I know about the negro.

When I go, went, go to Las Vegas, North Las Vegas; and I would see these little government houses, and in front of that government house the door was usually open and the older people and the kids…. and there was always at least a half a dozen people sitting on the porch. They didn’t have nothing to do. They didn’t have nothing for the kids to do. They didn’t have nothing for the young girls to do.

And because they were basically on government subsidy – so now what do they do? They abort their young children, they put their young men in jail, because they never, they never learned how to pick cotton. And I’ve often wondered are they were better off as slaves, picking cotton and having a family life and doing things? Or are they better off under government subsidy?

You know they didn’t get more freedom, uh they got less freedom – they got less family life, and their happiness -you could see it in their faces- they were not happy sitting on that concrete sidewalk. Down there they was probably growing their turnips – so that’s all government, that’s not freedom.

Now, let me talk about the Spanish people. You know I understand that they come over here against our constitution and cross our borders. But they’re here and they’re people – and I’ve worked side-by-side a lot of them.

Don’t tell me they don’t work, and don’t tell me they don’t pay taxes. And don’t tell me they don’t have better family structure than most of us white people. When you see those Mexican families, they’re together, they picnic together, they’re spending their time together, and I’ll tell you in my way of thinking they’re awful nice people.

And we need to have those people join us and be with us…. not, not come to our party."

Intellectually honest people are able to see the broad questions and positions raised by both examples of Sherrod and Bundy. However, what’s more sad than the refusal to openly discuss the issues – is how quickly the conservative right is willing to throw Bundy to the wolves based solely on the New York Times and Media Matters opinion.

A progressive opinion intended purposefully to avoid that painful conversation the professional left constantly claim no-one is willing to have.

Cliven Bundy Controversial Remarks ? FULL CONTEXT VIDEO (With Transcript) | The Last Refuge

” and so what I’ve testified to ya’, I was in the WATTS riot, I seen the beginning fire and I seen the last fire. What I seen is civil disturbance. People are not happy, people is thinking they did not have their freedom; they didn’t have these things, and they didn’t have them.

We’ve progressed quite a bit from that day until now, and sure don’t want to go back; we sure don’t want the colored people to go back to that point; we sure don’t want the Mexican people to go back to that point; and we can make a difference right now by taking care of some of these bureaucracies, and do it in a peaceful way.

Let me tell.. talk to you about the Mexicans, and these are just things I know about the negroes. I want to tell you one more thing I know about the negro.

When I go, went, go to Las Vegas, North Las Vegas; and I would see these little government houses, and in front of that government house the door was usually open and the older people and the kids…. and there was always at least a half a dozen people sitting on the porch. They didn’t have nothing to do. They didn’t have nothing for the kids to do. They didn’t have nothing for the young girls to do.

And because they were basically on government subsidy – so now what do they do? They abort their young children, they put their young men in jail, because they never, they never learned how to pick cotton. And I’ve often wondered are they were better off as slaves, picking cotton and having a family life and doing things? Or are they better off under government subsidy?

You know they didn’t get more freedom, uh they got less freedom – they got less family life, and their happiness -you could see it in their faces- they were not happy sitting on that concrete sidewalk. Down there they was probably growing their turnips – so that’s all government, that’s not freedom.

Now, let me talk about the Spanish people. You know I understand that they come over here against our constitution and cross our borders. But they’re here and they’re people – and I’ve worked side-by-side a lot of them.

Don’t tell me they don’t work, and don’t tell me they don’t pay taxes. And don’t tell me they don’t have better family structure than most of us white people. When you see those Mexican families, they’re together, they picnic together, they’re spending their time together, and I’ll tell you in my way of thinking they’re awful nice people.

And we need to have those people join us and be with us…. not, not come to our party."

Intellectually honest people are able to see the broad questions and positions raised by both examples of Sherrod and Bundy. However, what’s more sad than the refusal to openly discuss the issues – is how quickly the conservative right is willing to throw Bundy to the wolves based solely on the New York Times and Media Matters opinion.

A progressive opinion intended purposefully to avoid that painful conversation the professional left constantly claim no-one is willing to have.

Cliven Bundy Controversial Remarks ? FULL CONTEXT VIDEO (With Transcript) | The Last Refuge

It's still racist.

The context doesn't make it any less racist.

And because they were basically on government subsidy
– so now what do they do? They abort their young children, they put their young men in jail, because they never, they never learned how to pick cotton. And I’ve often wondered are they were better off as slaves, picking cotton and having a family life and doing things? Or are they better off under government subsidy?

The racist said "the negro" of today is lazy but might have been better off working like a slave picking cotton for their master.

In the longer version he says the Mexican of today is not lazy and will work like a slave.

How does what Bundy said about the Mexicans make what he said about "the negro" any less racist?????

wow, a po dunk rancher on a worthless piece of dirt that wouldn't grow a bushel of wheat has been elevated to duke lacrosse and twana brawley

CaféAuLait;8996680 said:
When this story first broke I was inclined to sympathize with Bundy. I was conscious of the reason for that and I believe the same reason accounts for why all or most of those who took Bundy's side were so inclined. That reason is either conscious or pre-conscious recollection of the Waco Massacre and the Ruby Ridge assault.

Were it not for those two examples of brazen federal oppression I would have had a more objective perception from the start and waited to learn more about the Bundy stand-off. As it is, having learned more about Bundy and why he's run afoul of the law I am not the least bit sympathetic with his situation. But I continue to harbor a profound resentment for the oppressive appearance of militarized police raiders, which is the fault of the federal government.

I don't know what level of authority was responsible for calling off the imminent raid on the Bundy property. But I compliment whoever had the good sense to do that because both the Waco and the Ruby Ridge debacles could have been avoided by assertion of the same kind of intelligent judgment.

It's funny, neither of those events came to my mind. I recalled the Dann sisters and their fight with BLM for the same reasons. I ended up reading about many more protesting just as Bundy and the Danns were, after his plight hit the news. That is all I saw, another person being treated poorly, assault rifles, helicopters, armed men taking away their living. Then the militias showed up and I believe that took away from his image as the little guy fighting the big guys.

But I compliment whoever had the good sense to do that because both the Waco and the Ruby Ridge debacles could have been avoided by assertion of the same kind of intelligent judgment.

the big difference between then and now

is the speed at which information gets out

in ruby ridge and waco the government

had the media by the short hairs

and the ability to spoon feed the public the propaganda

they wished to share

in bunkerville information went out and continued instantly

Bundy is NOT a racist.

That you and others on the right are oblivious to the racism expressed by Bundy comes as no surprise.

And the racism Bundy exhibits is nothing new, it’s the same errant, inane nonsense we’ve heard from other conservatives: the canard that African-Americans are hapless ‘victims’ of the ‘welfare state,’ when in fact nothing could be further from the truth.

It’s the racism of ignorance and hate, where Bundy’s conservative apologists are complicit in that racism.

Bundy is NOT a racist.

That you and others on the right are oblivious to the racism expressed by Bundy comes as no surprise.

And the racism Bundy exhibits is nothing new, it’s the same errant, inane nonsense we’ve heard from other conservatives: the canard that African-Americans are hapless ‘victims’ of the ‘welfare state,’ when in fact nothing could be further from the truth.

It’s the racism of ignorance and hate, where Bundy’s conservative apologists are complicit in that racism.

in many instances they have become hapless victims of the welfare state, and many black folk agree

Below is what a black Marine has to say about the Clive Bundy comment.

The media distorts information to the point of social division. This is a photo of myself and the resilient, often charismatic, and maybe not so tactful Cliven Bundy. He’s a cowboy and a helluva family man, not an orator. One thing he definitely isn’t – a racist. I found his comments to not only be NOT racist, but his own view of his experiences. Who the heck are we to determine another man’s perspective on the world around him?! Just because Picasso’s view of the world was abstract, does it negate the fact that his art was genuine? Furthermore, if you take the time to do your own research, you’ll find that his statements about some black Americans actually hold weight. He posed a hypothetical question. He said, “I wonder IF” … Hell, I’m black and I often wonder about the same about the decline of the black family. Bottom line is that we are all slaves in this waning republic, no matter our skin color. Mr. Bundy could have used any racial demographic as an example: Native Americans on reservations, whites in trailer parks, etc. He noticed the crippling effects of receiving government “assistance” and the long term result of accepting handouts. It’s not progress at all. I challenge Sean Hannity, Rand Paul, and others to read my comment and reconsider their position in this matter. Individual liberties are at stake here, yours and mine. THAT is the issue. Don’t let the liberal media and ignoramuses like Glenn Beck and that weasel Harry Reid make you lose sight of the real issue here: The federal government is a burgeoning behemoth and a bully on a once constitutional playground.I sincerely hope you real patriots out there who can see through the smoke.

The Black SphereBlack Marines stands tall for Clive Bundy

The media distorts information to the point of social division. This is a photo of myself and the resilient, often charismatic, and maybe not so tactful Cliven Bundy. He’s a cowboy and a helluva family man, not an orator. One thing he definitely isn’t – a racist. I found his comments to not only be NOT racist, but his own view of his experiences. Who the heck are we to determine another man’s perspective on the world around him?! Just because Picasso’s view of the world was abstract, does it negate the fact that his art was genuine? Furthermore, if you take the time to do your own research, you’ll find that his statements about some black Americans actually hold weight. He posed a hypothetical question. He said, “I wonder IF” … Hell, I’m black and I often wonder about the same about the decline of the black family. Bottom line is that we are all slaves in this waning republic, no matter our skin color. Mr. Bundy could have used any racial demographic as an example: Native Americans on reservations, whites in trailer parks, etc. He noticed the crippling effects of receiving government “assistance” and the long term result of accepting handouts. It’s not progress at all. I challenge Sean Hannity, Rand Paul, and others to read my comment and reconsider their position in this matter. Individual liberties are at stake here, yours and mine. THAT is the issue. Don’t let the liberal media and ignoramuses like Glenn Beck and that weasel Harry Reid make you lose sight of the real issue here: The federal government is a burgeoning behemoth and a bully on a once constitutional playground.I sincerely hope you real patriots out there who can see through the smoke.

Right on cue...

Look everyone....we found a negro who does not think Cliven Bundy is racist. Why, he even wonders himself why negroes are so sad and wonders whether they would be happier picking cotton as slaves

Why lets ask Clive......Some of my best friends are negroes

Right on cue...

Look everyone....we found a negro who does not think Cliven Bundy is racist. Why, he even wonders himself why negroes are so sad and wonders whether they would be happier picking cotton as slaves

this one should be more to your liking

Cliven Bundy, The Racist

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cd3TG9uoMg#t=123[/ame]

Right on cue...

Cliven Bundy, The Racist

Why Cliven Bundys is no racist. He may call me boy but he does it in a nice way. He spends long nights worrying about the plight of us negroes and what he can do for us. Should he help find good paying jobs and a path out of poverty? Hell no, that is too stressful for us negroes.
Picking cotton was good enough for slaves, it should be good enough for us negroes

Right on cue...

Cliven Bundy, The Racist

Why Cliven Bundys is no racist. He may call me boy but he does it in a nice way. He spends long nights worrying about the plight of us negroes and what he can do for us. Should he help find good paying jobs and a path out of poverty? Hell no, that is too stressful for us negroes.
Picking cotton was good enough for slaves, it should be good enough for us negroes

i know it hurts your ears when someone speaks out against big government

when you listen to unedited version he said no such thing

you are a useful tool

"We've progressed quite a bit from that day until now, and we sure don't want to go back. We sure don't want the colored people to go back to that point. We sure don't want these Mexican people to go back to that point. And we can make a difference right now by taking care of some of these bureaucracies, and do it in a peaceful way"

Right on cue...

Cliven Bundy, The Racist

the headline though had you salivating for a moment i bet

--LOL

Someone please inform Cliven, Fox, Right wing talking heads, conservative republicans, that the memo has been out there for years now. They need to get on board

"You start out in 1954 by saying, “******, ******, ******.” By 1968 you can’t say “******” — that hurts you. Backfires. So you say stuff like forced busing, states’ rights and all that stuff. You’re getting so abstract now you’re talking about cutting taxes, and all these things you’re talking about are totally economic things and a by-product of them is blacks get hurt worse than whites. And subconsciously maybe that is part of it. I’m not saying that. But I’m saying that if it is getting that abstract, and that coded, that we are doing away with the racial problem one way or the other. You follow me — because obviously sitting around saying, “We want to cut this,” is much more abstract than even the busing thing, and a hell of a lot more abstract than “******, ******.” Lee Atwater, Republican strategist, 1981, describing the Southern Strategy

'Kevin Phillips, who popularized the right’s 'Southern Strategy,' was quoted in The New York Times Magazine in May 1970 as saying that "the more Negroes who register as Democrats in the South, the sooner the Negrophobe whites will quit the Democrats and become Republicans.""

So let's look at the views of Conservative America

The evil Gubmint offering programs that provide food and shelter, education, jobs programs, healthcare, employer incentives makes negroes into "slaves". Why anyone in this country who needs help is nothing more than a slave

What do Conservatives offer as an alternative? Picking Cotton

So let's look at the views of Conservative America

The evil Gubmint offering programs that provide food and shelter, education, jobs programs, healthcare, employer incentives makes negroes into "slaves". Why anyone in this country who needs help is nothing more than a slave

What do Conservatives offer as an alternative? Picking Cotton

and providing free grazing land to white supremacist armed loons.

What bothers me more deeply than anything is how quickly the conservative right threw him under the bus - line... I agree with that statement. They did. It is my belief that most conservative right people are as worldly as they come and will flee from an innocent man in order to keep themselves from going down with him. It is a despicable thing to do, to join the opposition in slandering someone for being a racist when they are not.

Let me assure any doubters that had there been even a trace of racism in Bundy's past history they would have had it on the front pages faster than they did with Paula Deen yet no story.

Not one word.

Why?

Bundy has no history of racism.

At worst he may have poorly worded something - which is something all of us have done. Anyone who hasn't poorly worded something or been misunderstood before? Step up to the front line and you can throw the first rock at Clive Bundy... Otherwise? Drop it.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back