Almost half of Americans work in low paid jobs

It all comes down to the farce called the American dream. Most people believe it amounts to becoming wealthy. That is true for .000000001 percent. The real american dream is scraping by, maybe making it to retirement, maybe. All the big time work ethic in the world gets one to a very limited life. I've been around for 86 years and the truth is the truth.

The American Dream was never about becoming wealthy. Never.
Until recently. With the scumbag giveaway to the rich GOP, its propaganda that blames the poor, and the mindless arrogance of the orange clown...

It all comes down to the farce called the American dream. Most people believe it amounts to becoming wealthy. That is true for .000000001 percent. The real american dream is scraping by, maybe making it to retirement, maybe. All the big time work ethic in the world gets one to a very limited life. I've been around for 86 years and the truth is the truth.

The American Dream was never about becoming wealthy. Never.
Until recently. With the scumbag giveaway to the rich GOP, its propaganda that blames the poor, and the mindless arrogance of the orange clown...

It was never that. You are ignorant of everything.

Plus the importance of education.

View attachment 292868

Yeah, but I think you are conflating two separate things.

The importance of education is limited to your willingness to put in the work.

What I'm trying to caution against, is that what I see some people (not specifically you), tend to do, is think that if you hand out free education, and push "no child left behind" policies, that this will somehow result in people working better jobs.

No it won't. I know people right now that have 4-year degrees, and no job, specifically because they suck at working. Handing people a degree, does not magically give them work ethic.

And this ideology right here, is exactly why you have seen numerous grade scams in the US, where they pass kids who have no business getting a passing grade.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...8f88ae-f9ab-11e4-9030-b4732caefe81_story.html

The first, an African immigrant who had taught special education, was stunned to see one student’s name on Rossiter’s list. “Huh!” Rossiter quoted the teacher as saying. “That boy can’t add two plus two and doesn’t care! What’s he doing in pre-calculus? Yes of course I passed him — that’s a gentleman’s D. Everybody knows that a D for a special education student means nothing but that he came in once in a while.”​

So when you say education is important.... not as much as caring is important. You can drop out of college, and start a successful computer company and apple for a logo, if you care enough.

You can be handed all the education you want, and still end up flipping burgers at Whopper King, if you don't care.

Most colleges enroll students who aren’t prepared for higher education

Almost a majority of students coming out of high school, are not qualified. They have been given free education, free grants, sucking down billions on billions of tax dollars a year, and still not qualified to sort mail for the post office, if you don't care.

So I actually would argue the correct statement is not "the importance of education" but rather "the importance of a work ethic".

And sometimes you can get a great education, be a hard worker, and still be having problems.

My niece graduated college with a degree in biology. It was her quest to get into medical research. Good kid, high grades, and energetic as all hell. She's still waiting tables in Florida.

She can't find a job in that field no matter how hard she tries. My cousin, who is a Doctor in a research lab, had her fly to Maryland to show her around. She contracted my sister (her mother) and said how impressed she was with my nieces knowledge of medical work. The problem was, she couldn't get her a job there because they had a strict no-family policy.

So she moved from Cleveland to Florida because they have more labs there, and as I stated, still waiting tables as she has for the last seven years.

I don't know about the doctor. That seems odd to me, since there is such a high demand for those.

However, the Biology major, I am beginning to see that a Biology major is a crap degree. You are now the 3rd or 4th story involving biology majors, that can't find work.

I have a guy working with me right now, with a degree in biology, and he's working for $15 an hour, unboxing, and re-boxing computers with me, who has no degree at all.

That leads me to the question... how are these choices happening? How are people picking degrees that have no future? And what are we doing to help them pick better fields to get an education in?

Are we just telling these students "Dur... follow yer heart!" and they are, end up with useless degrees?

Something is happening here, and I'm not sure what it is.

A lot of You dupes believe a lot of garbage. I'll go with the experts and our government and the census bureau etcetera etcetera. You go with the garbage propaganda and racist Hysteria.... Pass the Democratic bill with ID card and end this ridiculous wedge issue scam... You can use it for your imaginary illegals voting problem too...
The government will be the last to know how many illegals there are

If you recall trump tried to add a citizenship question to the 2020 census but was blocked by the democrats and chief justice roberts

That would not answer the illegal question

but shows now little the government does know

AND it shows that the lack of knowing, is done on purpose, to hide the scale of the problem from the voters.

To prevent US from having the information we need to make an informed decision on the issue.

This alone makes the policies they managed to implement, illegitimate.
Yes yes, all our experts and government officials and journalists and law enforcement know nothing, only your bought off high school grad ex cokehead DJ idiot pundits know the truth. And racists who are obsessed with this crap. OoPS brainwashed functional racists. Pass the 2010 Democratic comprehensive immigration bill with an ID card and end this scam GOP wedge issue. In the entire world only the 5% brainwashed functional morons of the GOP know the truth LOL. Idiot. Oops brainwashed functional idiot.

Yet, you can't explain why your side is the one that is actively preventing getting hard numbers on the problem.

Your sides's actions support my case, while all you have is a lot of "RACISM" and similar personal attacks.

So, fuck you.
of course the entire world tells you it's about 12 million illegals here but you refuse to listen, BRAINWASHED functional moron. You will never get anything like the real story from your media. I caramba!
Sorry but you are the one who is brainwashed

Liberals cling to the lower number for the sake of amnesty that they are pushing for

and they know average Americans would be shocked if they knew the truth

View attachment 292868

What I'm trying to caution against, is that what I see some people (not specifically you), tend to do, is think that if you hand out free education, and push "no child left behind" policies, that this will somehow result in people working better jobs.

No it won't. I know people right now that have 4-year degrees, and no job, specifically because they suck at working. Handing people a degree, does not magically give them work ethic.

And this ideology right here, is exactly why you have seen numerous grade scams in the US, where they pass kids who have no business getting a passing grade.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...8f88ae-f9ab-11e4-9030-b4732caefe81_story.html

The first, an African immigrant who had taught special education, was stunned to see one student’s name on Rossiter’s list. “Huh!” Rossiter quoted the teacher as saying. “That boy can’t add two plus two and doesn’t care! What’s he doing in pre-calculus? Yes of course I passed him — that’s a gentleman’s D. Everybody knows that a D for a special education student means nothing but that he came in once in a while.”​

So when you say education is important.... not as much as caring is important. You can drop out of college, and start a successful computer company and apple for a logo, if you care enough.

You can be handed all the education you want, and still end up flipping burgers at Whopper King, if you don't care.

Almost a majority of students coming out of high school, are not qualified. They have been given free education, free grants, sucking down billions on billions of tax dollars a year, and still not qualified to sort mail for the post office, if you don't care.

So I actually would argue the correct statement is not "the importance of education" but rather "the importance of a work ethic".

And sometimes you can get a great education, be a hard worker, and still be having problems.

My niece graduated college with a degree in biology. It was her quest to get into medical research. Good kid, high grades, and energetic as all hell. She's still waiting tables in Florida.

She can't find a job in that field no matter how hard she tries. My cousin, who is a Doctor in a research lab, had her fly to Maryland to show her around. She contracted my sister (her mother) and said how impressed she was with my nieces knowledge of medical work. The problem was, she couldn't get her a job there because they had a strict no-family policy.

So she moved from Cleveland to Florida because they have more labs there, and as I stated, still waiting tables as she has for the last seven years.

I don't know about the doctor. That seems odd to me, since there is such a high demand for those.

However, the Biology major, I am beginning to see that a Biology major is a crap degree. You are now the 3rd or 4th story involving biology majors, that can't find work.

I have a guy working with me right now, with a degree in biology, and he's working for $15 an hour, unboxing, and re-boxing computers with me, who has no degree at all.

That leads me to the question... how are these choices happening? How are people picking degrees that have no future? And what are we doing to help them pick better fields to get an education in?

Are we just telling these students "Dur... follow yer heart!" and they are, end up with useless degrees?

It takes time to get a degree. If you are lucky, and hard working, at best, 4 years.

A lot can change in four years.

And even if it does not, nothing in for certain. YOu look at the environment, you place your bet and take your chances.

Sometimes you win. SOmetimes, you get fucked. For no reason.

Nah, Andy's right. It's these damn kids today. Spoilt! No appreciation! No work ethic! Why when we were toddlers our parents made us eat dirt! And we liked it! WE LOVED IT!
:abgg2q.jpg:

My parents lived in an upper middle class neighborhood. When I was in high school, the kids drove Camaro and BMWs to school.

When I was in middle school, I got an Atari 2600 for Christmas. I wanted a second joystick, so I could play with a friend. My parents pointed to the snow outside, and said.... "looks like people need their driveways shoveled".

I spent 3 days of my Christmas break, shoveling sidewalks to buy a Atari joystick.

When I was high school with all the Camaro and BMW kids, I was driving a 1984 Mazada pickup truck, because that's what I could afford to pay the payment on.

I do not see anything wrong with people working for what they want.

I find it entirely evil, to demand I pay taxes, so others can get free stuff.

so that's why we have the worst inequality and upward Mobility ever anywhere and it keeps getting worse?

Show us, with your reliable source and working link proving your statement that "we have the worst inequality and upward mobility, ever, anywhere, and that it keeps getting words"!

You won't and you cannot. Just you being a TROLL!

TrollExplaination-X2.jpg

View attachment 292868

It takes time to get a degree. If you are lucky, and hard working, at best, 4 years.

And even if it does not, nothing in for certain. YOu look at the environment, you place your bet and take your chances.

4 years is taking your time and not working hard.

Nah, Andy's right. It's these damn kids today. Spoilt! No appreciation! No work ethic! Why when we were toddlers our parents made us eat dirt! And we liked it! WE LOVED IT!

My parents lived in an upper middle class neighborhood. When I was in high school, the kids drove Camaro and BMWs to school.

When I was in middle school, I got an Atari 2600 for Christmas. I wanted a second joystick, so I could play with a friend. My parents pointed to the snow outside, and said.... "looks like people need their driveways shoveled".

I spent 3 days of my Christmas break, shoveling sidewalks to buy a Atari joystick.

When I was high school with all the Camaro and BMW kids, I was driving a 1984 Mazada pickup truck, because that's what I could afford to pay the payment on.

I wonder how liberals will try to refute that logic?

but we know they will try

View attachment 292868

Said like someone who has not had to deal with the bullshit distribution of studies fuck yous, they like to fuck you with.

And you probably won't find many liberals that grew up the way you and I did. Liberals come from homes where everything was given to them, and it becomes a normal way of life.

View attachment 292868

But there are thousands of degrees that can be applied to a massive wide swath of the economy. Like, I can't even imagine how you could get a degree in business management, and NOT find work.

How can you get a degree in engineering, and not find work? How can you get a degree in logistics, and not find work?

Now with Art History, yeah, you'll never find work.

So are you telling me that biology has such a narrow usage, that a small shift in the economy means you'll never find a job? Then that's something that needs explained to kids.

View attachment 292868

Sadly, a Bachelors in Biology is basically useless...might get you teaching job.

Want to do anything with Biology you need a Masters at a minimum.

Said like someone who has not had to deal with the bullshit distribution of studies fuck yous, they like to fuck you with.

Nope, said like someone that did it and someone that got their masters in less than 2.

View attachment 292868

But there are thousands of degrees that can be applied to a massive wide swath of the economy. Like, I can't even imagine how you could get a degree in business management, and NOT find work.

How can you get a degree in engineering, and not find work? How can you get a degree in logistics, and not find work?

So are you telling me that biology has such a narrow usage, that a small shift in the economy means you'll never find a job? Then that's something that needs explained to kids.

I have an in law in veterinarian research. She has been all over the world. A couple of years ago, I happened to be there when some woman asked her for advice for her daughter to go in the same direction.

Her advice was, it is not very likely at this time. Even her path, was unlikely and dangerous, and it would be even more so, with the passage of years.

View attachment 292868

Believe it or not, we had to talk her out of her real dream which was to become a marine biologist. When we finally convinced her that there was no work in that field, and she could see fish at Sea World, she refocused towards medical, which one would think there would be a world of opportunities. Didn't work out that way.

Nope, said like someone that did it and someone that got their masters in less than 2.

And how long ago was that?

A little research can lead you to a good degree, but you have to be open to new things.

When I went to get an advanced degree I looked long and hard at the choices and turned down acceptance to a MBA program as they seem to be a dime a dozen.

Instead I went for a Masters in Informatics (later the name was changed to Applied Analytics as too many people did not know what Informatics was). It paid off big time.

And how long ago was that?

Finished my Masters in 2014.

Forum List

Back