Amazon to pay no taxes for 2nd year in a row

Corporations, (especially large ones) should not have to pay any taxes -- the more we take away burdens on business, the more they hire employees and raise wages -- that is why wages have went up so drastically over the past 30 or so years --- if we take away taxes completely -- wages will go up even higher

That's a mighty retarded assertion. What you asserted is great if you monopolies and the prices to rise, dumbass. Everyone should be taxed equally. Competition is what lowers prices.
they are taxed at the same rate that other companies are,,,they just have better deductions and know how to use them
No companies should be taxed, period....they are the job creators, why should they be taxed?

Companies should be treated the same as churches, religious entities who are blessed by God...

As long as the companies pay a living wage, which for the most part doesn't happen. That's why I'm a proponent of elimination of all corporate taxes except for employee expenses.

Corporations, (especially large ones) should not have to pay any taxes -- the more we take away burdens on business, the more they hire employees and raise wages -- that is why wages have went up so drastically over the past 30 or so years --- if we take away taxes completely -- wages will go up even higher

That's a mighty retarded assertion. What you asserted is great if you monopolies and the prices to rise, dumbass. Everyone should be taxed equally. Competition is what lowers prices.
they are taxed at the same rate that other companies are,,,they just have better deductions and know how to use them
No companies should be taxed, period....they are the job creators, why should they be taxed?

Companies should be treated the same as churches, religious entities who are blessed by God...

As long as the companies pay a living wage, which for the most part doesn't happen. That's why I'm a proponent of elimination of all corporate taxes except for employee expenses.

no such thing as a living wage

There's a such thing as making a living in America.

A) 1 week's pay pays for housing

B) Next week's check goes to bills n groceries.

C) The next 2 go to what you want, spend or save, your option.

^At least this is what I was taught in my early 20s.

It still works for me. :dunno:

Probably not for young Americans starting out today, that's why we need MAGA.

I feel bad that they're at a disavantage today.

Last edited:

^At least this is what I was taught in my early20s.
that sounds pretty good

but how much does your house cost??
how many people are you feeding??
and hat else do you want to do??

^At least this is what I was taught in my early20s.
that sounds pretty good

but how much does your house cost??
how many people are you feeding??
and hat else do you want to do??

A) What you can afford

B) Yourself

C) Expand your horizons.

It's a couple grand more per month than you currently make.

^At least this is what I was taught in my early 20s.

It still works for me. :dunno:

Probably not for young Americans starting out today, that's why we need MAGA.

I feel bad that they're at a disavantage today.
You must not earn much or you live beyond yer means.

thats not saying a lot

This is false furor over nothing. Amazon net income in 2017 was damn near zero.. Doesn't take much to "double zero" -- does it?. Net income (2018) was a mere $10Bill and just standard industry deductions for R&D and charity and amortization ate most of that up...

There WERE some Federal tax CREDITS applied. Go complain to the Congress critters that fill that feeding trough... Got nothing to do with the reductions from the tax bill.. In fact, the tax bill TOOK AWAY a lot of the corporate deductions that were being abused....

They pay zero taxes because they are largely STILL not running a substantial profit..

They pay zero taxes because they are largely STILL not running a substantial profit.

On paper.

WThell is that supposed to mean.. These are clinically precise terms. There's no substantial profits as a FEATURE of their business plan. Which is to KILL all the competition and have the entire country's wholesale marketplace "run thru their channel" -- just like the Amazon river the company was named after....

How can Bezos be the richest man ON THE PLANET if his company isn't making a profit? Do you realize how stupid you sound?

thats not saying a lot

I'm saying YOU don't make a living wage.

This is false furor over nothing. Amazon net income in 2017 was damn near zero.. Doesn't take much to "double zero" -- does it?. Net income (2018) was a mere $10Bill and just standard industry deductions for R&D and charity and amortization ate most of that up...

There WERE some Federal tax CREDITS applied. Go complain to the Congress critters that fill that feeding trough... Got nothing to do with the reductions from the tax bill.. In fact, the tax bill TOOK AWAY a lot of the corporate deductions that were being abused....

They pay zero taxes because they are largely STILL not running a substantial profit..

They pay zero taxes because they are largely STILL not running a substantial profit.

On paper.

WThell is that supposed to mean.. These are clinically precise terms. There's no substantial profits as a FEATURE of their business plan. Which is to KILL all the competition and have the entire country's wholesale marketplace "run thru their channel" -- just like the Amazon river the company was named after....

How can Bezos be the richest man ON THE PLANET if his company isn't making a profit? Do you realize how stupid you sound?

A company doesn't have to make a profit for an owner to make money.

thats not saying a lot

I've lived for 53 yrs on it,,,

On paper.

That's the way it works chief.. He owns 17% of the shares in Amazon which is a ONE TRILLION $ company and several more ownership positions. Including SpaceX, WashPost and others. He can draw cash on Amazon by selling his shares anytime he wants -- and he has..

You have to ask all the OTHER investors in Amazon -- that's virtually EVERYONE with a stock portfolio -- WHY they toss money at a company with virtually NO PROFITS and help build that $1TRILL evaluation...

On paper.

A company doesn't have to make a profit for an owner to make money.

Usually only if there is market in their stock. But yeah, valuation of your company can be all you need to draw income from it...

thats not saying a lot

So your basic needs have always been met and that's it? Sad. Seems your employer is screwing you.

thats not saying a lot

So your basic needs have always been met and that's it? Sad. Seems your employer is screwing you.
who said anything about just basic needs,,,I have 12 acres of property 4 houses and over 150K in tools and equipment

and I've been self employed for almost 30 yrs

so yeah my boss is a prick

wanna know my secret??

thats not saying a lot

who said anything about just basic needs,,,I have 12 acres of property 4 houses and over 150K in tools and equipment

wanna know my secret??

What are your retirement plans?

thats not saying a lot

wanna know my secret??

I retired 5 yrs ago,,,but plan to keep working until I cant

wanna know my secret??

I retired 5 yrs ago,,,but plan to keep working until I cant

If you retired you'd not be working. It's either/or.

Forum List

Back