America Founded as a Christian Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I know, why because no denomination believed the founders believed it was to be a Christian nation , and all white nation, except a few zealots believe that. What is your response to the saying:
NASB
The One forming light and creating darkness, Causing well-being and creating calamity; I am the Lord who does all these. (there doesn't seem to be a devil)

You have not been able to refute one, single, solitary sentence I've written so if being an ass, making that kind of claim makes you think you'll feel good, have at it. We both realize that the one thing I am not is a zealot.

I want to be going in the direction this country was moving when we led the world by every metric.

Name one you want refuted? You believe in the devil which God refuted in the OT, besides that one,
and you believe the 16 amendment is unconstitutional, I believe non profits are.

You cannot refute a fact. God did not refute the Devil; he rebuked him. I'm not the only person that ever exposed the 16th Amendment. Try refuting this:

To disbelieve is not to disprove or refute. It's just you unwilling to accept the facts at hand.

Yes I know, why because no denomination believed the founders believed it was to be a Christian nation , and all white nation, except a few zealots believe that. What is your response to the saying:
NASB
The One forming light and creating darkness, Causing well-being and creating calamity; I am the Lord who does all these. (there doesn't seem to be a devil)

You have not been able to refute one, single, solitary sentence I've written so if being an ass, making that kind of claim makes you think you'll feel good, have at it. We both realize that the one thing I am not is a zealot.

I want to be going in the direction this country was moving when we led the world by every metric.

Name one you want refuted? You believe in the devil which God refuted in the OT, besides that one,
and you believe the 16 amendment is unconstitutional, I believe non profits are.

You cannot refute a fact. God did not refute the Devil; he rebuked him. I'm not the only person that ever exposed the 16th Amendment. Try refuting this:

To disbelieve is not to disprove or refute. It's just you unwilling to accept the facts at hand.

Not in the OT, God said he creates good as well as evil.

Also God sent a angel out to bring evil to Job, just not to kill him, all according to scripture.

Suddenly the devil turns up again in the NT, to find out if Jesus was not succumbing to temptations, how do we know God didn't send him like he sent the angel in Job. We don't.

Who gave the 10 plagues to Egypt. God according to scripture.

Also Jefferson took out Jesus's miracles , his resurrection, his born of a virgin, he considered him a wise man. Not a God. Also Jefferson thought the book of Revelation was wrote by a crazed person.

The problem you have, all accounts say that Jefferson took his religious views seriously. You and I do not have the luxury of judging him. As you pointed out earlier, there are some Christians who don't think Mormons are Christians. I witnessed a church group fall apart over whether they should observe the sabbath on Saturday or Sunday.

The Catholic and the Christian Bibles are different. What's the point? All of them have commonalities upon which they built a common culture and those commonalities are a part of our culture and heritage whether you like it or not. They generally support public displays of the Nativity, the Ten Commandments and having crosses on graves.

The Ten Commandments are a common set of Bible laws that all Christians profess are the Word of God and have as much weight in society as any man made law.

No, the Catholic and the Protestant bibles are different. The Catholic ones have more books in the OT, and some very imp. books.

The 10 commandments are the Jewish commandments and there are 613 of them.

You continually contradict ourself.

The Ten Commandments are a common set of Bible laws that all Christians profess are the Word of God and have as much weight in society as any man made law.

You told me Jefferson was a Christian.

Now you say. ”....set of Bible laws that all Christians profess are the Word of God“

Jefferson did not profess that the Bible was the Word of God. He cut the damn thing up to to edit out the BS.

How can you declare Jefferson to be a Christian and also say “all” Christians believe something that Jefferson did not believe.

America is a nation comprised mostly of Christians

We are NOT a Christian nation

This is the kind of typical dumbassery that I find personally offensive. A crackpot joins the discussion to make a point that has already been refuted, but he's too stupid to read the thread and get caught up to speed. THAT was an example of why these boards don't work very well.

Yes, America IS a Christian nation and we've proven it. At the beginning of each of my relevant posts to prove it I am telling posters which posts I have that follow the general narrative. That way, even with idiocy like you just posted, people can find the facts IF they are so inclined.

Other than that, I can't fix stupid.
You are a sad representation of a US Citizen

Our founders weep that you have missed the whole purpose of our democracy. Religious freedom

Freedom from state sponsored religion

Your inability to make a supporting argument is obvious to everyone. That is you being a poor debater.

That you try to cover for that, by insulting people, is you being a jerk.

Do you think that you can refute his claims? If so, why are you afraid to do that?

If not, why not?

Freedom from state religion, does not mean this is not a Christian nation.
We are a nation of Christians
We are not a Christian Nation

Big Difference

Yeah, that slave B.S. seems to really work wonders for your argument IF those who wail about it were not loyal to the political party that perpetuated it
That is so fucking stupid. I didn't read the rest of your nonsense. You are embarrassing yourself.

AMERICA IS WAS FOUNDED AS A CHRISTIAN NATION

This is a continuation of posts 1 , 2, 7, 17, 35, 39, 56, 91 and 109

What is so stupid is that trolls jump on threads, sling skeet and don't have the common courtesy to see if their point has been answered. So, I have to keep repeating the same points and that is a waste of my time; it makes for a long and cumbersome thread and the points are never made and we never move forward. You're stupid to think I'll play along.

"A nation is a stable community of people, formed on the basis of a common language, territory, history, ethnicity, or psychological make-up manifested in a common culture."

Nation - Wikipedia

Our nation was built on those things that constitute that definition. Putting people from every corner of the earth, representing every race, color, creed, political persuasion, sexual persuasion, and religion into one big melting pot is not a nation. It is a recipe for disaster.

America was founded by white people who used the Bible as the basis for their system of jurisprudence - our history of articulating good from bad, right from wrong, just from unjust.

Seventy five years ago you could look at an American and you would know what he was, much the same way we can look at the Chinese, Japanese, North Korean, etc. today and know what they are. We were a homogeneous people.

As a homogeneous people, we shared common values. We valued the sanctity of life; we developed a belief in unalienable Rights - Rights that were so fundamental they were ruled above the law by our courts; we cherished Liberty. We had certain limitations. Unlike the Muslims, women were put on a pedestal, not in the closet. We had a very distinct outlook on things like fair play.

Today, the liberals control America. Our courtrooms are controlled by judges who were trained in law schools accredited by the American Bar Association (ABA.) The ABA is the most liberal organization in the United States - slightly left of Marxism. The over-all numerical advantage in Congress goes to the Democrats. Many Republicans are RINOs and neither side really supports the Constitution as it was originally written and intended.

Presidents have become figureheads and none of them in my lifetime were knowledgeable about the Bible. With Congress being predominantly Democrats, then it is Democrats that have to step up to the plate and answer for the status quo.

Everything from immigration laws to restrictions on our unalienable Rights lie at the feet of the people who are rejecting our culture and history in favor of a multicultural society. These non-believers who have dominated the political arena for the last two generations have been in charge as America has gone down the toilet. The youth are on drugs (and it is the non-believers who advocate for liberal drug laws.) Americans consume over 80 percent of the world's opioid supply; we have the highest number of people in prisons both in raw numbers and per capita than the rest of the world; America's children are diagnosed with mental disorders in numbers higher than any nation on the planet.

If you follow the downfall of America, it's downfall can be measured by the number of laws and court decisions that have tried to exclude any mention of our cultural values and that is because those values are tied to the Bible. Though not a big fan of this guy, I feel his input is invaluable on this issue, so I'm leaving links for those who want to get serious:

America's Godly Heritage (B01)

Keys to Good Government (DVD03)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000S2OFHE/?tag=ff0d01-20
If our founders wanted us to be a Christian Nation they could have done so

They knew better

And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.
Daniel 2:44

14For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.

16And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.

Revelation 16: 14, 16

Last edited:
The U.S. was founded on the principle of having no established religion. I was once told by a noted Christian author and retired Episcopalian bishop something that I will never forget about aiming forward and finding the truth. I once consulted with a Buddhist monk at the nearby temple about how best to help a dear friend who was a Buddhist refugee from Laos who was in trouble. I have received from a monk the string bound upon my wrist in prayer and wore it until it fell off of me. If I have a moral question and want to speak with someone who might inject some wisdom into the situation, I may like to sit down the Rabbi Harold Kushner and discuss it

Wisdom and faith belong to everybody on this earth.

The op is about the nation. Not having an established religion, or more to the point, an established CHURCH, does not mean the nation is not, or was not, Christian.

There is no reason to declare our nation as christian or not. There is no purpose to this. Nations do not have a religion. Individual people do. You may attend the house of worship of your choice.

YOu might not see a purpose to it. It is certain that the person who started the thread, titled "America founded as a Christian nation" disagrees. Considering the strong opposition to the op from many, I suspect they can see some possible "purpose" to it too. One(s) that they oppose.

I cannot see any possible purpose to it. Even if there is a segment of the population that follows some division of the Christian faith, there are millions of others who don't. Moreover, some Christians are rejecting other Christians at the southern border. Do you think that someone who is named Maria or Jesus it a non-Christian?

1. I got it. YOU cannot see a purpose to it. That does not mean there is not a purpose.

2. THe vast majority of Americans have always been Christian. That we have allowed "millions" of others, of other faiths, here, does not change that.

3 That we do not allow ALL Christians to have the right to move here, does not mean we are not A Christian nation. That you would even try such an obviously weak argument...

4. Why are you fighting this? Not seeing a reason, is not reason to fight something. YOu see something, and you oppose it. What is it, that you are fighting against?

I also do not understand what some declaration that the United States was founded as a Christian nation would accomplish.

It means no gun control and heavy drug control. Marijuana remains a schedule one drug. We build the most powerful nuclear weapons in the world (got anti-matter bomb?) for world peace and to blow up that scary giant asteroid coming to end it all. It means abortion and homosexuality are illegal. That's not all, but it's a good start.

Nothing that you mention has anything to do with any belief in Jesus, either as messiah or as teacher, and, thus, has nothing to do with the Christian faith. BTW: The U.S. is a 325+ million person country that is very racially, religiously, and culturally diverse. You belong only to a very small segment of our population that adheres to cults. There are millions more of everyday Americans who are not associated with your dogma.

Wrong. The night Jesus was betrayed after the last supper, he had his Apostles armed.

'For I tell you that this Scripture must be fulfilled in me: ‘And he was numbered with the transgressors.’ For what is written about me has its fulfillment.” And they said, “Look, Lord, here are two swords.” And he said to them, “It is enough.”' Luke 22:37-39

"Then Simon Peter, having a sword, drew it and struck the high priest’s servant and cut off his right ear. So Jesus said to Peter, “Put your sword into its sheath; shall I not drink the cup that the Father has given me?” John 18:10-11

Jesus had his Apostles armed, but warned Peter when he used it.

This is just one example. All of God's human kings had great armies and the best arms

What Does the Bible Say About Guns?.

Drugs aren't good. Jesus isn't a prude about it, but warns against not being sober.

What Does the Bible Say About Drugs?

The op is about the nation. Not having an established religion, or more to the point, an established CHURCH, does not mean the nation is not, or was not, Christian.

The OP told me that if one believes only that Jesus was a great moral teacher but rejects the hocus-pocus of Christianity then that person is a Christian. Does that match your definition of being a Christian?

It is almost unheard of, for me to question how someone self identifies on a matter of Faith.

ANd even if I would dispute how some one self identifies, that does not mean that their intent was not to "found America as a Christian nation".

For that line of argument to work, you have to establish not only that they were, AS A GROUP, not "real Christians" but as a GROUP, they did not intend to have "REAL CHRISTIANITY" as the defining religion of the nation, but instead the "heresy" that you identified as their real classification.

I can't see you being able to do that.

America is a nation comprised mostly of Christians

We are NOT a Christian nation

This is the kind of typical dumbassery that I find personally offensive. A crackpot joins the discussion to make a point that has already been refuted, but he's too stupid to read the thread and get caught up to speed. THAT was an example of why these boards don't work very well.

Yes, America IS a Christian nation and we've proven it. At the beginning of each of my relevant posts to prove it I am telling posters which posts I have that follow the general narrative. That way, even with idiocy like you just posted, people can find the facts IF they are so inclined.

Other than that, I can't fix stupid.
You are a sad representation of a US Citizen

Our founders weep that you have missed the whole purpose of our democracy. Religious freedom

Freedom from state sponsored religion

Your inability to make a supporting argument is obvious to everyone. That is you being a poor debater.

That you try to cover for that, by insulting people, is you being a jerk.

Do you think that you can refute his claims? If so, why are you afraid to do that?

If not, why not?

Freedom from state religion, does not mean this is not a Christian nation.
We are a nation of Christians
We are not a Christian Nation

Big Difference

Asserting it, is not an argument.

Pretending it is, is the type of silly game people play, when they know they are defending a false position.

Bottom line: America was founded as a Christian nation.

As soon as one says that the atheists and other non-believers will start with their lies and straw man arguments. They will tell you that I just said America was founded as a theocracy.

by your standard, I’m a Christian. Jesus was a great moral teacher. Just pointing out as a Christian that you misspoke. Who is telling you that you said America was founded as a theocracy?

But America was not founded as a Christian nation.

I think what you are trying to say is that the period from colonization through the revolution m, to the founding of a new nation, the territory that formed the first thirteen colonies was dominated by white male Protestant Christianity

And you miss it.

It is almost unheard of, for me to question how someone self identifies on a matter of Faith.

That was not the question.

Here it is again.

The OP told me that if one believes only that Jesus was a great moral teacher but rejects the hocus-pocus of Christianity then that person is a Christian. Does that match your definition of being a Christian?

Bottom line: America was founded as a Christian nation.

As soon as one says that the atheists and other non-believers will start with their lies and straw man arguments. They will tell you that I just said America was founded as a theocracy.

by your standard, I’m a Christian. Jesus was a great moral teacher. Just pointing out as a Christian that you misspoke. Who is telling you that you said America was founded as a theocracy?

But America was not founded as a Christian nation.

I think what you are trying to say is that the period from colonization through the revolution m, to the founding of a new nation, the territory that formed the first thirteen colonies was dominated by white male Protestant Christianity

And you miss it.

YOu think that is what he is trying to say? How interesting. YOu happen to think that the person you disagree with is motivated by "blah, blah, blah, evul"?

What a shock.

Anyhow, nothing of that, contradicts his assertion. It is all irrelevant to the intentions of the Founders.

YOu are, as we all expected, unable to even address the topic, but still here to try to fill the thread with garbage in order to suppress any real debate, until one of you lib trolls can get the thread locked.

That is how you libs debate now. Because as a group, you know that you cannot really win debates, because the positions you push, are actually bad if not actively evil.

That was not the question.

Here it is again.

It does answer it. I have not given it any thought. And even if I did, and joined you in disagreeing with their self-identification, it does not change the FOUNDERS INTENT, which is the issue.

Your desire to bog this thread down in meaningless semantics and historical details, is just a way to avoid serious debate.

Why do you think that you cannot refute Rockwell, on the real meat of his position?

Are you that convinced that he is right?

I find fault with Christians who self-righteously rationalize slavery by the founding fathers who supposedly created an American country of "Christian values".

And what does that have to do with the thread topic?

I was asked a question, and I answered it. Try to keep up.

Sooo, are you admitting that it had nothing to do with the thread topic? I asked the question, because I was trying to "keep up" your lack of a response was not helpful at all.

I'm not here to help you Correll.

A figure of speech.

Was your post about finding fault with Christians, made in reference to the thread topic? And if so, how?
How many points will a correct answer give me on this exam?

I find fault with Christians who self-righteously rationalize slavery by the founding fathers who supposedly created an American country of "Christian values".

And what does that have to do with the thread topic?

I was asked a question, and I answered it. Try to keep up.

Sooo, are you admitting that it had nothing to do with the thread topic? I asked the question, because I was trying to "keep up" your lack of a response was not helpful at all.

I'm not here to help you Correll.

Apparently you are here to troll this thread and show us why the left should be allowed to turn America into an atheistic democracy.

Apparently, you are giving credit to Christianity for the democracy that was established by the founders with absolutely no though to Christianity.

Why do you think that you cannot refute Rockwell, on the real meat of his position?

Which Rockwell? He says Jefferson was a Christian by virtue of believing that Jesus was a mere mortal who had great moral teachings.

I don’t need to refute Rockwell’s stated definition being a Christian since his version of Christianity is so watered down his entire point is self-refuted.

Why can’t you answer a simple question which is quite relevant to my refutation of your weird pal Rockwell.

here it is again. I’m asking what you think not what Jefferson thought. We know what Jefferson thought since it is well documented.

Which Rockwell? He says Jefferson was a Christian by virtue of believing that Jesus was a mere mortal who had great moral teachings.

I don’t need to refute Rockwell’s stated definition being a Christian since his version of Christianity is so watered down his entire point is self-refuted.

Why can’t you answer a simple question which is quite relevant to my refutation of your weird pal Rockwell.

here it is again. I’m asking what you think not what Jefferson thought. We know what Jefferson thought since it is well documented.

I answered that. No opinion and I don't think it matters.

The thread topic, "America founded as a Christian Nation".

Your fear of addressing the thread topic makes it clear that you agree with the OP, but hate it, and don't want to admit it.

The question is, why? Why do you hate it and why do you fear admitting it? What do you think this means?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back