America will never negotiate with terrorists - But obama does

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
And obozo didn't even get a good deal. He released FIVE terrorists to get one american home.

US prisoner of war freed in swap deal with Taliban - The Times of India

2, 2014, 06.15 AM IST

WASHINGTON: The long-held belief that the US does not negotiate with terrorists, mostly romanticized in movies, was quietly set aside when the Obama administration released five Taliban terrorists on Saturday in exchange for an American prisoner of war captured by their associates in Afghanistan nearly five years ago.

Sgt Bowe Bergdahl, 28, was handed over to American Special Operations troops inside Afghanistan close to the Pakistan border at about 10.30am on Saturday in a tense but uneventful exchange with 18 Taliban associates, American officials announced in Washington . Around the same time, five Taliban detainees lodged in Guantanamo were flown from there to Qatar, whose ruler helped broker the deal.

Negotiations for the prisoner swap have reportedly been going on for several months now, complicated mainly by US laws that restrict transfer of detainees from Guantanamo and the need to keep Congress in the loop. President Obama overrode that using his executive powers, but the swap was running into a firestorm of criticism within hours.

"This fundamental shift in US policy signals to terrorists around the world a greater incentive to take US hostages," Congressman Mike Rogers, the Republican chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, said in a statement.

Some Republican lawmakers even suggested that the Obama administration may have broken the law by failing to notify Congress 30 days before the Guantanamo detainees were transferred

• Banned
Defending the government's action, National Security Adviser Susan Rice said Bergdahl's health was deteriorating , and Washington had no choice but to do whatever was necessary to bring the army sergeant home. On the issue of congressional notification, she said Bergdahl's failing health had created an "acute urgency" to act, which made it "necessary and appropriate" not to adhere to the 30-day notification requirement

Translation - we ignored the law again.

Does the law make an exception if the captive is sick? Hell - we don't even know he was sick - prolly just more lies from the pathological liar in the WH.

Defending the government's action, National Security Adviser Susan Rice said Bergdahl's health was deteriorating , and Washington had no choice but to do whatever was necessary to bring the army sergeant home. On the issue of congressional notification, she said Bergdahl's failing health had created an "acute urgency" to act, which made it "necessary and appropriate" not to adhere to the 30-day notification requirement

Translation - we ignored the law again.

Does the law make an exception if the captive is sick? Hell - we don't even know he was sick - prolly just more lies from the pathological liar in the WH.

Further translation

Obama does anything he wants to.

And this guy may have also been a deserter.

Gotta admit, in the last 24 hours I feel quite a bit different about this story.

Since ss hates prisoner of war exchanges and prefers that the troop stayed with the Taliban, I suggest next time we exchange shoot speeders for our troops.

We gave up 5 high-ranking Taliban for one PFC deserter FFS! Obama was getting desperate for some good news I guess, but is it worth endangering the lives of those soldiers still in the Middle East who can now be used as barter?

One soldier is now coming home to his family and his country. He is coming home to his friends. He is coming home to live.

Isn't that the most important thing?

One soldier is now coming home to his family and his country. He is coming home to his friends. He is coming home to live.

Isn't that the most important thing?

No, its not.

And this guy may have also been a deserter.

Gotta admit, in the last 24 hours I feel quite a bit different about this story.

So you feel like I have felt for the last several years since the story broke. Well better late than never I guess.

It is amazing how these unpatriotic conservatives do not like getting an American soldier released because Obama did it. Bunch of fucking Commies they are.

It is amazing how these unpatriotic conservatives do not like getting an American soldier released because Obama did it. Bunch of fucking Commies they are.

Your okay with more americans being kidnapped, since Obama will negotiate nicely with them?

Personally I would love to celebrate this case along with everyone else. There's no better news to the family and friends than to know your loved one is now safe and coming home.

But, there are now questions about this particular soldier, and in a separate matter, the terms of the release are disconcerting knowing that we have negotiated with terrorists.

Some strange reports about this soldier are coming out. I hope none of them turn out to be true. In any case, obama just put ALL Americans at much greater risk.

Some strange reports about this soldier are coming out. I hope none of them turn out to be true. In any case, obama just put ALL Americans at much greater risk.
Yup:

The sense of pride expressed by officials of the Obama administration at the release of Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl is not shared by many of those who served with him -- veterans and soldiers who call him a deserter whose "selfish act" ended up costing the lives of better men.
"I was pissed off then and I am even more so now with everything going on," said former Sgt. Matt Vierkant, a member of Bergdahl's platoon when he went missing on June 30, 2009. "Bowe Bergdahl deserted during a time of war and his fellow Americans lost their lives searching for him."

Fellow soldiers call Bowe Bergdahl a deserter, not a hero - CNN.com

Forum List

Back