American children will praise Allah

You're three days late and two dollars short.

The teachers were not trying to convert students to Islam. Do you think someone can be converted to a religion by copying a piece of calligraphy?

Next year the assignment will be changed to use a different piece of calligraphy. Probably smart, but the original was not the conspiracy you rubes believe it to be.
The libbies would have seizures if teachers had kids write the 10 commandments for a penmanship lesson

Why are they not upset about this then???

Of course they would, the hypocrisy on this thread is mind boggling

Bottom line: The left sees no problem with this but the moment students were instructed to write Jesus is the true savior watch them go rabid. They can deny it all day long but I know better. Liberals are hypocrites
What would be the educational purpose of writing "Jesus is the true savior"? The educational purpose of this exercise was to appreciate the artistry of the calligraphy.

I would have no problem with kids learning the content of the Hail Mary, the Lord's Prayer, or the Nicene Creed in order to learn about Christianity, but I see no educational purpose to writing down "Jesus is the true savior".

one need not write out ALLAH IS THE GREATEST and THE ONE AND ONLY GOD in Arabic to be acquainted with CALLIGRAPHY-------In fact Arabic calligraphy is a NEW COMER to the world of Calligraphy and, THEREFORE, such a lesson is misleading. I would not be keen on HAIL MARY as a fifth grade
lesson either. OR the Nicene creed. ----as in "write it out three times"

The Lord's Prayer has been banned already. As a kid I said it every morning----but it is now gone. -----a story-----in the first grade the kid who sat next to me----
to my unending exasperation------used to say "HOLLOWED BE THY NAME"
instead of "HALLOWED......" 'that's how meaningless the prayer was to
lots of kids. The prayer itself is kinda non-sectarian in a land of Christians and
jews-------but it is unfair to hindus------and to Sioux indians

Why not execute them too?

Show me where Islam says that merely by copying or saying something you are converted. Seems to me you'd have to say it and believe it to become a convert.

So when the schools teach the English language to Islamic Somalis immigrants or Syrian refugees, et al. I suggest they should start with having them write in English "Jesus Christ is the One True God, there is no other God, and we shall serve HIM."
No. They weren't teaching the kids Arabic. They were having them copy an example of calligraphy. I already said I don't particularly like the assignment. I also said they're changing it next year.

But your analogy is not the same at all. The purpose of the assignment was merely to appreciate the complicated calligraphy. It also stated in the assignment that Muslims consider it a critical statement of belief. It is educational to have the kids learn what the 5 pillars of Islam are.

What you are suggesting is indoctrination targetted towards particular kids, not a general educational asignment about the Middle East.
But your analogy is not the same at all. The purpose of the assignment was merely to appreciate the complicated calligraphy. It also stated in the assignment that Muslims consider it a critical statement of belief. It is educational to have the kids learn what the 5 pillars of Islam are.

What you are suggesting is indoctrination targetted towards particular kids, not a general educational asignment about the Middle East.

My analogy carries far more truth and implication than does your statement it was "merely to appreciate complicated calligraphy." Bunk. Just how stupid can a teacher be? Like they are not aware of what is taking place in this world with Islamic terrorism? Like they cannot put 2 & 2 together? Like they could not have chosen some sentence or statement that had nothing to do with Allah or the Koran to teach calligraphy?

Your suggestions as to what is taking place here is insulting, IMO.
And they agreed to change the assignment. Nonetheless, no student was harmed by attempting to copy down a piece of art that has a religious message in Arabic. None. What exactly are you suggesting has taken place here? An attempt to convert kids to Islam, to mark them for slaughter as "apostates"? Both suggestions are absolutely absurd.

Show me where Islam says that merely by copying or saying something you are converted. Seems to me you'd have to say it and believe it to become a convert.

So when the schools teach the English language to Islamic Somalis immigrants or Syrian refugees, et al. I suggest they should start with having them write in English "Jesus Christ is the One True God, there is no other God, and we shall serve HIM."
No. They weren't teaching the kids Arabic. They were having them copy an example of calligraphy. I already said I don't particularly like the assignment. I also said they're changing it next year.

My analogy carries far more truth and implication than does your statement it was "merely to appreciate complicated calligraphy." Bunk. Just how stupid can a teacher be? Like they are not aware of what is taking place in this world with Islamic terrorism? Like they cannot put 2 & 2 together? Like they could not have chosen some sentence or statement that had nothing to do with Allah or the Koran to teach calligraphy?

And they agreed to change the assignment. Nonetheless, no student was harmed by attempting to copy down a piece of art that has a religious message in Arabic. None. What exactly are you suggesting has taken place here? An attempt to convert kids to Islam, to mark them for slaughter as "apostates"? Both suggestions are absolutely absurd.

Your lame excuses are just that, lame. The teacher should have known this was going to cause a firestorm

Bottom line: The left sees no problem with this but the moment students were instructed to write Jesus is the true savior watch them go rabid. They can deny it all day long but I know better. Liberals are hypocrites
What would be the educational purpose of writing "Jesus is the true savior"? The educational purpose of this exercise was to appreciate the artistry of the calligraphy.

I would have no problem with kids learning the content of the Hail Mary, the Lord's Prayer, or the Nicene Creed in order to learn about Christianity, but I see no educational purpose to writing down "Jesus is the true savior".

As opposed to students writing ...“There is no god but Allah, and Mohammed is the messenger of Allah.”?
If there were a piece of Arabic calligraphy that said "Jesus is the true savior" I would not have a problem with that, but there is no such piece is there?

As opposed to students writing ...“There is no god but Allah, and Mohammed is the messenger of Allah.”?
If there were a piece of Arabic calligraphy that said "Jesus is the true savior" I would not have a problem with that, but there is no such piece is there?

More excuses...go away already

Then why are liberals so set on removing pieces of art with other religious connotations?

If merely having to see a picture or statue with religious symbology on it is offensive then certainly being forced to copy religious declarations must be even more offenseive

Your lame excuses are just that, lame. The teacher should have known this was going to cause a firestorm

on the other hand----sassylassie-----she could have been quite a lazy and stupid bitch and stumbled on the----ARABIC THING-----and thought----"OH EASY---I will
print this thing-----as an example of complex calligraphy and will have my lesson plan ALL DONE with no effort. Have some compassion-----maybe she is a working mom with ten kids

on the other hand----sassylassie-----she could have been quite a lazy and stupid bitch and stumbled on the----ARABIC THING-----and thought----"OH EASY---I will
print this thing-----as an example of complex calligraphy and will have my lesson plan ALL DONE with no effort. Have some compassion-----maybe she is a working mom with ten kids

Sorry, she should have known this wasn't going to fly. Then people are amazed at the backlash

You're three days late and two dollars short.

The teachers were not trying to convert students to Islam. Do you think someone can be converted to a religion by copying a piece of calligraphy?

Next year the assignment will be changed to use a different piece of calligraphy. Probably smart, but the original was not the conspiracy you rubes believe it to be.
The libbies would have seizures if teachers had kids write the 10 commandments for a penmanship lesson

Why are they not upset about this then???

Because this was part of a lesson about Arabic culture, not a writing lesson. I don't like the assignment particularly, but I am not having conniptions about it like you rubes are either because I recognize the FACT that it was truly a harmless assignment.

one need not write out ALLAH IS THE GREATEST and THE ONE AND ONLY GOD in Arabic to be acquainted with CALLIGRAPHY-------In fact Arabic calligraphy is a NEW COMER to the world of Calligraphy and, THEREFORE, such a lesson is misleading. I would not be keen on HAIL MARY as a fifth grade

The Lord's Prayer has been banned already. As a kid I said it every morning----but it is now gone. -----a story-----in the first grade the kid who sat next to me----
lots of kids. The prayer itself is kinda non-sectarian in a land of Christians and
Learning the content of the Lord's Prayer in an educational context has nor been banned. Reciting it has, because that has no secular, educational purpose but is religious praying.

This was not a calligraphy lesson, it was a World Geography lesson in the Middle Eastern section. They were learning about Arab culture, which includes "gasp" Islamic calligraphy!

Learning the content of the Lord's Prayer in an educational context has nor been banned. Reciting it has, because that has no secular, educational purpose but is religious praying.

This was not a calligraphy lesson, it was a World Geography lesson in the Middle Eastern section. They were learning about Arab culture, which includes "gasp" Islamic calligraphy!

They should have used calligraphy that said "see Spot run". They wouldn't have a mess on their hands if they had of

Sorry, she should have known this wasn't going to fly. Then people are amazed at the backlash
If I'm not mistaken the lesson was part of a publisher created lesson plan. Perhaps laziness had a role. Perhaps "teaching to the test" had a role.

It has been admitted the assignment was a mistake, but you guys simply won't take that as an answer. There has to be something "nefarious" or "criminal" going on, such that enough rubes called in threateningly enough that the district decided to close all its schools. That is what is truly sick.

If I'm not mistaken the lesson was part of a publisher created lesson plan. Perhaps laziness had a role. Perhaps "teaching to the test" had a role.

It has been admitted the assignment was a mistake, but you guys simply won't take that as an answer. There has to be something "nefarious" or "criminal" going on, such that enough rubes called in threateningly enough that the district decided to close all its schools. That is what is truly sick.

I do not think anyone wants to call it a crime-----more like "bad judgement"

They should have used calligraphy that said "see Spot run". They wouldn't have a mess on their hands if they had of
What does "See spot run" have to do with Arab culture?

You rubes have been throwing a lot of hypothetical at me to test me. Let's see how you do ...

Do you have a problem with kids learning the 5 pillars of Islam in World Geography?

I do not think anyone wants to call it a crime-----more like "bad judgement"
One poster said they want the teacher "tarred and feathered". The rubes who called in obviously said some threatening things that went far beyond accusing the teacher of bad judgement. I agree it was bad judgement, but only because of idiot rubes. Not because the assignment itself would have done any harm to any kid.

It is inconceivable that those who planned the assignment didn't check what the freaking words meant. The unwitting children have been reverted :) it's a disgrace, like feeding children halal without them knowing.

What does "See spot run" have to do with Arab culture?

You rubes have been throwing a lot of hypothetical at me to test me. Let's see how you do ...

Do you have a problem with kids learning the 5 pillars of Islam in World Geography?

yes------unless they are also learning the basics of other religions------the real
basics which is not going to happen. In all cases when it comes to religion---
things are a bit slanted to the contemporaneous sweet talk . Another problem is
that the kids themselves get involved in their own (read that ---stuff they learned at
home and in their "places of worship") -----REPARTEE with their classmates. We
do not know much about the actual lesson. Just the "example of middle east
calligraphy" excuse annoys me. Arabic calligraphy ----compared to other examples of calligraphy in the middle and far east is-------not an example----
it is a pale copy. An interesting factoid of Arabic calligraphy is that it is used
as a kind of decoration in place of figurative art. ----------like-----Christians were
already doing decorative calligraphy before the rapist was born. In fact----so were
Persians and Jews. ----------I have no idea if the writers of Sanskrit texts did it-----
but I would guess they did. Chinese and Japanise artists -----so stuff too------and started LONG LONG AGO ----------Egyptians----cannot be outdone

Anything would be better than the shahada that is plastered all over Isis and other islamic terrorist organisations battle flags.

Last edited:
It is inconceivable that those who planned the assignment didn't check what the freaking words meant. The unwitting children have been reverted :) it's a disgrace, like feeding children halal without them knowing.

For this poster or that teacher or that school to call it an honest mistake is virtually indefensible. Nor is this anywhere near the first time American public schools have tried subtly or nefariously to send out messages about how "peaceful or wonderful" Islam is. All the while they have radar scanning the airwaves if they hear a teacher or coach or public official mention God or Jesus or Bible in any connotation.

Forum List

Back