American children will praise Allah

So when the schools teach the English language to Islamic Somalis immigrants or Syrian refugees, et al. I suggest they should start with having them write in English "Jesus Christ is the One True God, there is no other God, and we shall serve HIM."
No. They weren't teaching the kids Arabic. They were having them copy an example of calligraphy. I already said I don't particularly like the assignment. I also said they're changing it next year.

But your analogy is not the same at all. The purpose of the assignment was merely to appreciate the complicated calligraphy. It also stated in the assignment that Muslims consider it a critical statement of belief. It is educational to have the kids learn what the 5 pillars of Islam are.

What you are suggesting is indoctrination targetted towards particular kids, not a general educational asignment about the Middle East.
But your analogy is not the same at all. The purpose of the assignment was merely to appreciate the complicated calligraphy. It also stated in the assignment that Muslims consider it a critical statement of belief. It is educational to have the kids learn what the 5 pillars of Islam are.

What you are suggesting is indoctrination targetted towards particular kids, not a general educational asignment about the Middle East.

My analogy carries far more truth and implication than does your statement it was "merely to appreciate complicated calligraphy." Bunk. Just how stupid can a teacher be? Like they are not aware of what is taking place in this world with Islamic terrorism? Like they cannot put 2 & 2 together? Like they could not have chosen some sentence or statement that had nothing to do with Allah or the Koran to teach calligraphy?

Your suggestions as to what is taking place here is insulting, IMO.
And they agreed to change the assignment. Nonetheless, no student was harmed by attempting to copy down a piece of art that has a religious message in Arabic. None. What exactly are you suggesting has taken place here? An attempt to convert kids to Islam, to mark them for slaughter as "apostates"? Both suggestions are absolutely absurd.
It is inconceivable that those who planned the assignment didn't check what the freaking words meant. The unwitting children have been reverted :) it's a disgrace, like feeding children halal without them knowing.
They did know what the words meant. It was still harmless as the rest of your post proves.
EXCUSE ME, a Christian child or a Jewish child or a Hindu child might find it utterly repellant that they were unwittingly writing the shahada.

They should have used calligraphy that said "see Spot run". They wouldn't have a mess on their hands if they had of
What does "See spot run" have to do with Arab culture?

You rubes have been throwing a lot of hypothetical at me to test me. Let's see how you do ...

Do you have a problem with kids learning the 5 pillars of Islam in World Geography?

yes------unless they are also learning the basics of other religions------the real
basics which is not going to happen. In all cases when it comes to religion---
things are a bit slanted to the contemporaneous sweet talk . Another problem is
that the kids themselves get involved in their own (read that ---stuff they learned at
home and in their "places of worship") -----REPARTEE with their classmates. We
do not know much about the actual lesson. Just the "example of middle east
calligraphy" excuse annoys me. Arabic calligraphy ----compared to other examples of calligraphy in the middle and far east is-------not an example----
it is a pale copy. An interesting factoid of Arabic calligraphy is that it is used
as a kind of decoration in place of figurative art. ----------like-----Christians were
already doing decorative calligraphy before the rapist was born. In fact----so were
Persians and Jews. ----------I have no idea if the writers of Sanskrit texts did it-----
but I would guess they did. Chinese and Japanise artists -----so stuff too------and started LONG LONG AGO ----------Egyptians----cannot be outdone
In World Geography they should learn the basics of all major religions as part of understanding the culture and practices of people around the world.

We get that you hate Arabs and want hatred of Arabs and Islam to be taught in the schools.

There is absolutely no reason to teach the five pillars of Islam in public schools, none. It's religion. As for your "I hate Arabs"? Sit down with that hyperbole
No one in public schools should learn anything about religion? Better ban most literature and history from schools, then. Rube.

learning ABOUT religion does not need to include TRACING OUT the most
IMPORTANT statement of islam------so important that if someone were to
STEP on that phrase in a shariah adherent country ------he would be guilty of a
capital crime. If the teacher did not ALSO teach that fact-----she was remiss

Bottom line: The left sees no problem with this but the moment students were instructed to write Jesus is the true savior watch them go rabid. They can deny it all day long but I know better. Liberals are hypocrites
What would be the educational purpose of writing "Jesus is the true savior"? The educational purpose of this exercise was to appreciate the artistry of the calligraphy.

I would have no problem with kids learning the content of the Hail Mary, the Lord's Prayer, or the Nicene Creed in order to learn about Christianity, but I see no educational purpose to writing down "Jesus is the true savior".

As opposed to students writing ...“There is no god but Allah, and Mohammed is the messenger of Allah.”?
If there were a piece of Arabic calligraphy that said "Jesus is the true savior" I would not have a problem with that, but there is no such piece is there?
Anything would be better than the shahada that is plastered all over Isis and other islamic terrorist organisations battle flags.
You are letting ISIS and other terrorists define Islam.

Religion is religion, the left wants it out of public schools...this lesson should have never happened. Deep down you know it

No. They weren't teaching the kids Arabic. They were having them copy an example of calligraphy. I already said I don't particularly like the assignment. I also said they're changing it next year.

My analogy carries far more truth and implication than does your statement it was "merely to appreciate complicated calligraphy." Bunk. Just how stupid can a teacher be? Like they are not aware of what is taking place in this world with Islamic terrorism? Like they cannot put 2 & 2 together? Like they could not have chosen some sentence or statement that had nothing to do with Allah or the Koran to teach calligraphy?

And they agreed to change the assignment. Nonetheless, no student was harmed by attempting to copy down a piece of art that has a religious message in Arabic. None. What exactly are you suggesting has taken place here? An attempt to convert kids to Islam, to mark them for slaughter as "apostates"? Both suggestions are absolutely absurd.
It is inconceivable that those who planned the assignment didn't check what the freaking words meant. The unwitting children have been reverted :) it's a disgrace, like feeding children halal without them knowing.
They did know what the words meant. It was still harmless as the rest of your post proves.

So then copying the bible in latin would be OK with you as a lesson in western culture?
Copying two sentences of it, sure. Greek would be better since it was written in Greek.

So then copying the bible in latin would be OK with you as a lesson in western culture?
Copying two sentences of it, sure. Greek would be better since it was written in Greek.

There is no need to copy any religious texts in a school as there are plenty of examples of literature from every culture that does not deal with religion

Bottom line: The left sees no problem with this but the moment students were instructed to write Jesus is the true savior watch them go rabid. They can deny it all day long but I know better. Liberals are hypocrites
What would be the educational purpose of writing "Jesus is the true savior"? The educational purpose of this exercise was to appreciate the artistry of the calligraphy.

I would have no problem with kids learning the content of the Hail Mary, the Lord's Prayer, or the Nicene Creed in order to learn about Christianity, but I see no educational purpose to writing down "Jesus is the true savior".

As opposed to students writing ...“There is no god but Allah, and Mohammed is the messenger of Allah.”?
If there were a piece of Arabic calligraphy that said "Jesus is the true savior" I would not have a problem with that, but there is no such piece is there?
Anything would be better than the shahada that is plastered all over Isis and other islamic terrorist organisations battle flags.
Since they are following their religion devotedly and to the letter, they are indeed :)

Five pillars of Islam:
plural noun. 1. the five bases of the Islamic faith: shahada (confession of faith), salat (prayer), zakat (almsgiving), sawm (fasting, especially during the month of Ramadan), and hajj (the pilgrimage to Mecca). Also called Pillars of the Faith.

Looks religious to me

Shall we reclaim the swastika?

If the people who proposed this lesson in idiocy really didn't know the meaning of the words they need to be removed. The shahada is on every Isis flag in white on a black background. That's what the children should be told about islam, not the proper method of surrendering to that flag.
Exactly. You want American children to be taught to hate Islam. What percentage of Muslims in the world are members of ISIS? HINT somewhere around 0.001%

Why do many Arab Christians refer to God as “Allah”?

“Allah” is the Arabic word for “God” and has been so long before the existence of Islam. The names “Allah” and “God” are generally interchangeable within the Muslim religion and in Middle Eastern cultures. Some English translations of the Qu’ran (Koran) use the name “God,” others use “Allah.” This sometimes comes as a surprise to Christians who were raised in Western cultures. Among former Muslims, many converts to Christianity commonly refer to God as “Allah.”

Allah (Arabic: الله‎ Allāh) is the Arabic name for God (al ilāh, iliterally "the God"). The word has cognates in other Semitic languages, including Alah in Aramaic, ʾĒl inCanaanite and Elohim in Hebrew. It is used mainly by Muslims to refer to God in Islam, but it has also been used by Arab Christians since pre-Islamic times. It is also often, albeit not exclusively, used by Bábists, Bahá'ís, Indonesian and MalteseChristians, and Mizrahi Jews. Christians and Sikhs in Malaysia also use and have used the word to refer to God.

Why do many Arab Christians refer to God as “Allah”? • ChristianAnswers.Net

Five pillars of Islam:
plural noun. 1. the five bases of the Islamic faith: shahada (confession of faith), salat (prayer), zakat (almsgiving), sawm (fasting, especially during the month of Ramadan), and hajj (the pilgrimage to Mecca). Also called Pillars of the Faith.

Looks religious to me
Duh. Of course it's religious as would be learning the major Hindu gods to understand Indian Hindu culture.

Shall we reclaim the swastika?
Hindus already have. To teach that Hindus use the Swastika in a non-hateful manner is a fine thing to teach kids when they learn about India.

Why do many Arab Christians refer to God as “Allah”?

“Allah” is the Arabic word for “God” and has been so long before the existence of Islam. The names “Allah” and “God” are generally interchangeable within the Muslim religion and in Middle Eastern cultures. Some English translations of the Qu’ran (Koran) use the name “God,” others use “Allah.” This sometimes comes as a surprise to Christians who were raised in Western cultures. Among former Muslims, many converts to Christianity commonly refer to God as “Allah.”

Allah (Arabic: الله‎ Allāh) is the Arabic name for God (al ilāh, iliterally "the God"). The word has cognates in other Semitic languages, including Alah in Aramaic, ʾĒl inCanaanite and Elohim in Hebrew. It is used mainly by Muslims to refer to God in Islam, but it has also been used by Arab Christians since pre-Islamic times. It is also often, albeit not exclusively, used by Bábists, Bahá'ís, Indonesian and MalteseChristians, and Mizrahi Jews. Christians and Sikhs in Malaysia also use and have used the word to refer to God.

Why do many Arab Christians refer to God as “Allah”? • ChristianAnswers.Net
Arabic Christians are Arabic, so .........wait for it............
They use Arabic words.
Ta da.

Five pillars of Islam:

Looks religious to me
Duh. Of course it's religious as would be learning the major Hindu gods to understand Indian Hindu culture.

Then it shouldn't be taught in public schools. You're painting yourself into a corner

Learning the content of the Lord's Prayer in an educational context has nor been banned. Reciting it has, because that has no secular, educational purpose but is religious praying.

This was not a calligraphy lesson, it was a World Geography lesson in the Middle Eastern section. They were learning about Arab culture, which includes "gasp" Islamic calligraphy!

They should have used calligraphy that said "see Spot run". They wouldn't have a mess on their hands if they had of

You rubes have been throwing a lot of hypothetical at me to test me. Let's see how you do ...

Do you have a problem with kids learning the 5 pillars of Islam in World Geography?

yes------unless they are also learning the basics of other religions------the real
that the kids themselves get involved in their own (read that ---stuff they learned at
calligraphy" excuse annoys me. Arabic calligraphy ----compared to other examples of calligraphy in the middle and far east is-------not an example----
it is a pale copy. An interesting factoid of Arabic calligraphy is that it is used
as a kind of decoration in place of figurative art. ----------like-----Christians were
already doing decorative calligraphy before the rapist was born. In fact----so were
Persians and Jews. ----------I have no idea if the writers of Sanskrit texts did it-----
but I would guess they did. Chinese and Japanise artists -----so stuff too------and started LONG LONG AGO ----------Egyptians----cannot be outdone
In World Geography they should learn the basics of all major religions as part of understanding the culture and practices of people around the world.

We get that you hate Arabs and want hatred of Arabs and Islam to be taught in the schools.

Yet even mentioning christianity is not allowed never mind the study of its basic tenets
Not true at all.

You're three days late and two dollars short.

The teachers were not trying to convert students to Islam. Do you think someone can be converted to a religion by copying a piece of calligraphy?

Next year the assignment will be changed to use a different piece of calligraphy. Probably smart, but the original was not the conspiracy you rubes believe it to be.

According to Islam yes, if you write what those children were told to write, by COPYING the TEXT, they have declared that there is no God only Allah, they are basically considered converts....and those children don't even know that they are.

This is evil, pure and simple....the teachers need to be hoisted out and tarred and feathered.
Why not execute them too?

Show me where Islam says that merely by copying or saying something you are converted. Seems to me you'd have to say it and believe it to become a convert.

I happen to be an expert now on
99% sure there is no subject you could have ended that sentence with that wouldn't have been laughable. still, I'm 100% certain that you are not an expert on islam

Learning the content of the Lord's Prayer in an educational context has nor been banned. Reciting it has, because that has no secular, educational purpose but is religious praying.

This was not a calligraphy lesson, it was a World Geography lesson in the Middle Eastern section. They were learning about Arab culture, which includes "gasp" Islamic calligraphy!

Geography isn't what it used to be, literally.
What should geography be limited to? What should students' minds be limited to? Geography is part of Social Studies. It is far more than maps, and it always has been.

I got news for you. BAGHDAD was one of the FIRST CALIPHATES-----arabs invaded Iraq and found there a very highly developed city------of very educated
people------Zoroastrians, Jews, and Christians-------took over and that became
BAGHDAD----the "CAPITAL OF THE ISLAMIC WORLD" The place had
once been under the thumb of ALEXANDER who had a vigorous
appreciation for literacy and learning-------thus Baghdad was something like
ALEXANDRIA-------educated people. Medieval Baghdad became the TEMPLATE
FOR CALIPHATE SHARIAH RULE---------it was just as FRIGGIN' FILTHY BARBARIC as is Isis today which looks to MEDIEVAL BAGHDAD as its PARAGON. If you want to know what islam is------I got more news----tens of
millions of muslims see ISIS AS ISLAM -------as led by the successor to MUHUMMAD -------- ABU BAKR. as did NASHFREEN MALIK and her
American born hubby. The Baghdad era is a GOLDEN AGE IN ISLAMIC
HISTORY as taught in sunni grammar schools thruout the world

Geography isn't what it used to be, literally.
What should geography be limited to? What should students' minds be limited to? Geography is part of Social Studies. It is far more than maps, and it always has been.
Children should not be writing out Islamic declarations of faith in geography or any other lesson. End of.

Forum List

Back