American children will praise Allah

You know that wasn't a false statement. I can see the hatred dripping from your posts. One of you rubes even said all you want children to learn about Islam is that ISIS is Muslim.
Again you try to cover you inane defense of this teacher's insanity by saying it's all about us and how we hate everything Islam. Let's take one issue at a time. You lost on the first one. On the second one, we do not hate Islam or Muslim people. However, we do believe Islam is the source for why there are so many devils killing everyone they don't like. Yes, we do believe that. Nor are we afraid to make that point.

"American children will praise Allah"

American conservatives will continue to lie, this thread premise one of many examples.
Conservative christians are crapping their pants and angry as hell as now that all religions are being accepted as equal

by whom are all religions accepted as equal. I was taught by an IMAM ---said to be a GENIUS of Islamic theology that "CHRISTIANITY IS A PERVERSE LIE----INVENTED BY THE ENEMEEEEEES OF ISLAAAAAM"

In World Geography they should learn the basics of all major religions as part of understanding the culture and practices of people around the world.

We get that you hate Arabs and want hatred of Arabs and Islam to be taught in the schools.
Geography isn't what it used to be, literally.
What should geography be limited to? What should students' minds be limited to? Geography is part of Social Studies. It is far more than maps, and it always has been.

Geography and religion are two different animals. The first time any geography teacher tried to teach my children the five pillars of faith they will rue the moment they decided on that assignment. If a teacher wants to say a percentage of the population in an area practice Islam that is fine but don't even go down the road of teaching it to the children. It's illegal
No. It's not illegal. In order to understand what x% are Muslim, x% Shia x% Sunni, the kids have to know what Islam, Sunni, and Shia mean. You want to severely limit kids' understanding of the world, and that ought to be what's illegal!

Separation of church and state....you wanted it...here it is :)
That isn't separation of church and state. That is enforced ignorance. You want to limit kids' minds and understanding. You want to hide knowledge. Like God in the Garden of Eden, you want people to remain naked and subservient.

Five pillars of Islam:
plural noun. 1. the five bases of the Islamic faith: shahada (confession of faith), salat (prayer), zakat (almsgiving), sawm (fasting, especially during the month of Ramadan), and hajj (the pilgrimage to Mecca). Also called Pillars of the Faith.

Looks religious to me
Duh. Of course it's religious as would be learning the major Hindu gods to understand Indian Hindu culture.

Then it shouldn't be taught in public schools. You're painting yourself into a corner
You're advocating keeping kids ignorant. Not surprising for a rube. Ignorance keeps your belief system in tact.

Our children are honor students, so much for being ignorant :)
Honor students can be ignorant, rube. If you have a talent for test taking like I did, and a knack for reading, writing, math, and note taking as well, being an honor student is as easy as 1 2 3. And I am an ignorant person.

Honor students at a private academy is a wee bit different than the public school honor students. One of our twins is on the debate team, I actually feel sorry for public school students when they go up against them, it's ugly

What does "See spot run" have to do with Arab culture?

You rubes have been throwing a lot of hypothetical at me to test me. Let's see how you do ...

Do you have a problem with kids learning the 5 pillars of Islam in World Geography?

Yeah I'd have a problem if a teacher tried to teach the five pillars of Islam, it has zero to do with geography and everything to do with religion
There we go then. Of course it has to do with geography. Geography is about places and the people therein. It is an opportunity to learn a little about the beliefs and practices of people around the world. Why do you want kids to remain ignorant? And yet I'm sure you want "optional participation" teacher lead Christian prayers in the school, which serve no educational purpose.

I suggest you research what the five pillars of Islam is, it's religious, not geographical and our children do not need to be taught it, they are not Muslims, they are Catholics. Shall we start teaching prayers to mother of mercy? The left's heads would explode
So kids only ought to know about their own religion, aside from the propaganda their own religion teaches about other religions? Again, if you want to ban learning about religion from school, then you better ban most literature and history.

You cannot teach a religion in a public school. You on the left wanted it, now you're fugged
you've confused 'teach' with 'preach'

I want my kid to learn about religions in school. i want him to learn about the muslim pillars of faith, the beliefs of the hindus and the buddhists. i want him to know the history of the nicene creed and understand the meanings of the colors in christian iconography. i want him to study gregorian chanting and egyptian hieroglyphics and mosaic law.

but i don't want my child to be told by a teacher that one religion is 'right'

What should geography be limited to? What should students' minds be limited to? Geography is part of Social Studies. It is far more than maps, and it always has been.

Geography and religion are two different animals. The first time any geography teacher tried to teach my children the five pillars of faith they will rue the moment they decided on that assignment. If a teacher wants to say a percentage of the population in an area practice Islam that is fine but don't even go down the road of teaching it to the children. It's illegal
No. It's not illegal. In order to understand what x% are Muslim, x% Shia x% Sunni, the kids have to know what Islam, Sunni, and Shia mean. You want to severely limit kids' understanding of the world, and that ought to be what's illegal!

you do not need to trace out RELIGIOUS TEACHINGS OF ISLAM in order to learn that stuff
Yes, you do.

really? must muslim children partake of the blood and body of Christ in order
to understand Christianity? I agree with you that muslim children should be
required to draw the various permutations of THE CROSS ---poster size for
display. EXCELLENT LESSON

That isn't separation of church and state. That is enforced ignorance. You want to limit kids' minds and understanding. You want to hide knowledge. Like God in the Garden of Eden, you want people to remain naked and subservient.

Trying to teach children the five pillars of Islam would be in violation of separation of church and state. That's just a fact

Duh. Of course it's religious as would be learning the major Hindu gods to understand Indian Hindu culture.

Then it shouldn't be taught in public schools. You're painting yourself into a corner
You're advocating keeping kids ignorant. Not surprising for a rube. Ignorance keeps your belief system in tact.

Honor students can be ignorant, rube. If you have a talent for test taking like I did, and a knack for reading, writing, math, and note taking as well, being an honor student is as easy as 1 2 3. And I am an ignorant person.

Honor students at a private academy is a wee bit different than the public school honor students. One of our twins is on the debate team, I actually feel sorry for public school students when they go up against them, it's ugly
at a private academy

calling ca'fric skool an academy now?

You're three days late and two dollars short.

The teachers were not trying to convert students to Islam. Do you think someone can be converted to a religion by copying a piece of calligraphy?

Next year the assignment will be changed to use a different piece of calligraphy. Probably smart, but the original was not the conspiracy you rubes believe it to be.

According to Islam yes, if you write what those children were told to write, by COPYING the TEXT, they have declared that there is no God only Allah, they are basically considered converts....and those children don't even know that they are.

This is evil, pure and simple....the teachers need to be hoisted out and tarred and feathered.

Of course I already know that you're an apologist for all things Islam.
I guess this means Wikipedia.com is now Islamic, huh?

Shahada - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

the article you posted describes ISLAMIC CONCEPTS

"American children will praise Allah"

American conservatives will continue to lie, this thread premise one of many examples.
Conservative christians are crapping their pants and angry as hell as now that all religions are being accepted as equal

by whom are all religions accepted as equal. I was taught by an IMAM ---said to be a GENIUS of Islamic theology that "CHRISTIANITY IS A PERVERSE LIE----INVENTED BY THE ENEMEEEEEES OF ISLAAAAAM"
sure you were.

Trying to teach children the five pillars of Islam would be in violation of separation of church and state. That's just a fact
no, it would not be.
you are very ignorant.

at a private academy

calling ca'fric skool an academy now?

It's not a "ca'fric" school, dumb ass, now sit your stupid ass down

yes------unless they are also learning the basics of other religions------the real
basics which is not going to happen. In all cases when it comes to religion---
things are a bit slanted to the contemporaneous sweet talk . Another problem is
that the kids themselves get involved in their own (read that ---stuff they learned at
home and in their "places of worship") -----REPARTEE with their classmates. We
do not know much about the actual lesson. Just the "example of middle east
calligraphy" excuse annoys me. Arabic calligraphy ----compared to other examples of calligraphy in the middle and far east is-------not an example----
it is a pale copy. An interesting factoid of Arabic calligraphy is that it is used
as a kind of decoration in place of figurative art. ----------like-----Christians were
already doing decorative calligraphy before the rapist was born. In fact----so were
Persians and Jews. ----------I have no idea if the writers of Sanskrit texts did it-----
but I would guess they did. Chinese and Japanise artists -----so stuff too------and started LONG LONG AGO ----------Egyptians----cannot be outdone
In World Geography they should learn the basics of all major religions as part of understanding the culture and practices of people around the world.

We get that you hate Arabs and want hatred of Arabs and Islam to be taught in the schools.

just the word GEOGRAPHY made me nervous as a kid-------'name the capital"-----which river is here and which is there? draw the map (eeeek!!!) but I did like the anthropology part-------who lives in igloos and eats blubber--------that da hell
CASSAVA is Margaret Meade-------There is lots to LEARN in geography
other than RECITING foreign religious beliefs
Religion drives much of that anthropology part in much of the world. You cannot truly learn the cultural part of geography without learning something of religion. If geography is limited to quickly forgotten information such as names of rivers and capitals, it is a waste of time.

just the word GEOGRAPHY made me nervous as a kid-------'name the capital"-----which river is here and which is there? draw the map (eeeek!!!) but I did like the anthropology part-------who lives in igloos and eats blubber--------that da hell
Religion drives much of that anthropology part in much of the world. You cannot truly learn the cultural part of geography without learning something of religion. If geography is limited to quickly forgotten information such as names of rivers and capitols, it is a waste of time.

Can't teach it in public schools, you can comment until the cows come home and that won't change

Religion drives much of that anthropology part in much of the world. You cannot truly learn the cultural part of geography without learning something of religion. If geography is limited to quickly forgotten information such as names of rivers and capitols, it is a waste of time.

Can't teach it in public schools, you can comment until the cows come home and that won't change
No, you lie!

Religion drives much of that anthropology part in much of the world. You cannot truly learn the cultural part of geography without learning something of religion. If geography is limited to quickly forgotten information such as names of rivers and capitals, it is a waste of time.
What would you teach them about mohammud?

you really don't understand.
you can impart knowledge, you cannot preach.

if a teacher says 'christians believe that jesus is the son of god birthed by a virgin' that's fine.
if a teacher says 'if you don't believe in jesus you're going to hell' that's not.

you do not need to trace out RELIGIOUS TEACHINGS OF ISLAM in order to learn that stuff
Yes, you do.

really? must muslim children partake of the blood and body of Christ in order
to understand Christianity? I agree with you that muslim children should be
required to draw the various permutations of THE CROSS ---poster size for
display. EXCELLENT LESSON
Forgive me, I thought we had moved beyond discussing this one flawed assignment, and I interpreted the word "traced" figuratively (i.e. tracing = learning).

No, you lie!

Really? You can teach religion's influence in history but that's it. When the teacher had the students copy that she/he violated separation of church and state because it said "there is no God but allah".

No, you lie!

Really? You can teach religion's influence in history but that's it. When the teacher had the students copy that she/he violated separation of church and state because it said "there is no God but allah".
again, you're just incorrect.

Forum List

Back