American Farmer That Voted for Trump Changes His Tune, Turns on Trump

One
For one, it increases the amount of dairy products that US farmers can export to Canada without tariffs, while allowing more Canadian peanut products into the United States untaxed.

The change in dairy exports allowed to Canada deal only an additional 3.5%. The Canadian dairy market is roughly 6.5 billion per year. 3.5% of that is roughly 229 million...if they are able to take full advantage of the opening of the markets.

That is a tiny drop in the bucket.

It also requires US automakers to use more car parts made in the United States to avoid tariffs.

how does this help farmers?

But the most striking difference from NAFTA involves protections for workers in all three countries. Mexico has agreed to pass laws giving workers the right to real union representation, to extend labor protections to migrant workers (who are often from Central America), and to protect women from discrimination.

Remember the 2008 crash?
Remember when no one starved?
Remember when all those farmers you feel sorry for are actually the employees of the Multi-National Corporations that influenced our economy and caused people to vote for Trump?

Could you please try and make sense, it is too early in the morning for me to try and decipher partisan talking points.
Your usual response when you can’t refute facts.
No one’s going to starve and the corporations are still going to pay their CEOs top dollar.

What facts? You asked some stupid fucking questions that have nothing to do with anything.

IF you have a point just make it, quit trying to be coy, you fucking suck at it

But don't forget, I don't know farmers --

Agricultural Subsidies

In 2008 Congress overrode a presidential veto to enact farm legislation that added further subsidies. The law created a permanent disaster aid program and added a revenue protection program for farmers to lock in profits from high commodity prices. It added a sugar-to-ethanol program to keep sugar prices artificially high, and it added new subsidies for "specialty crops" such as fruits and vegetables.

In 2014 Congress passed another huge farm bill. The bill changed the structure of subsidies, but it did not cut the overall level of benefits. The law ended the direct payment program, the countercyclical program, and a couple of other smaller programs. But it expanded the largest farm subsidy program — crop insurance — and it added two new subsidy programs, the Agriculture Risk Coverage (ARC) program and the Price Loss Coverage (PLC) program.

When the 2014 farm bill was passed, supporters claimed that it would save money, but the opposite has happened. The ARC and PLC programs have cost almost double what the Congressional Budget Office originally estimated.6 Meanwhile, the cost of crop insurance has soared over the past 15 years.

All of these subsidies ensure that farm incomes are much higher than the incomes of most Americans. Farm programs are welfare for the well-to-do, and they induce overproduction, inflate land prices, and harm the environment. They should be repealed, and farmers should support themselves in the marketplace.

One
For one, it increases the amount of dairy products that US farmers can export to Canada without tariffs, while allowing more Canadian peanut products into the United States untaxed.

The change in dairy exports allowed to Canada deal only an additional 3.5%. The Canadian dairy market is roughly 6.5 billion per year. 3.5% of that is roughly 229 million...if they are able to take full advantage of the opening of the markets.

It also requires US automakers to use more car parts made in the United States to avoid tariffs.

But the most striking difference from NAFTA involves protections for workers in all three countries. Mexico has agreed to pass laws giving workers the right to real union representation, to extend labor protections to migrant workers (who are often from Central America), and to protect women from discrimination.

Canada purchased nearly $636 million worth of U.S. dairy products last year, according to the U.S. Dairy Export Council. Mexico was the largest single market for U.S. dairy exports in 2017, representing $1.31 billion in products, particularly cheeses.

I love my mic drop

Thank you for proving my point for me. So, Canada bought 636 million dollars worth of US dairy products, and now we can sell them 3.5% more..which is 22 million dollars.

Tell me how that adds up to American farmers making "billions" from the new trade deal.

you might want to pull the mic out of your ass, where you stuck it when it drooped.
It requires Canadian milk producers to modernize if they don’t it will expand way past 3.5% ... this will provide a huge boom to our dairy farmers. Especially in Wisconsin and New York. Canadian milk in some instances is not safe so this will increase demand.. thank you trump.
Over all this deal brings in trillions to America..
and could be huge!

I did notice the ones that were growing soybeans last year are not growing soybeans this year.

I know farmers in multiple mid west states that grow corn & beans; most of them voted Trump & most of them are not happy with Trump's trade war.

I deal with farmers on a daily basis as part of my job, and none I work with are happy with the trade war, but they accept it. But then again, what is what the 25 billion dollars in bribes over the last 6 months was for, keep them from being too upset.

the Trump 'welfare for farmers' program is nothing more than vote buying ..............
KInda like 'urban welfare', ain't it? jealous?

One

Remember the 2008 crash?
Remember when no one starved?
Remember when all those farmers you feel sorry for are actually the employees of the Multi-National Corporations that influenced our economy and caused people to vote for Trump?

Could you please try and make sense, it is too early in the morning for me to try and decipher partisan talking points.
Your usual response when you can’t refute facts.
No one’s going to starve and the corporations are still going to pay their CEOs top dollar.

What facts? You asked some stupid fucking questions that have nothing to do with anything.

IF you have a point just make it, quit trying to be coy, you fucking suck at it
You are a Libertarian.
Ls do not think in context.
You have already erased the recent past (2008) from your limited emotional scope.
We went through a Libertarian Economic crash in 2008 and although everything on the store shelves was boxed by major corporations as Brand X, we still had food and no food corporation went out of business.
Your alarm, based on recent history, is pure bullshit.

It’s really not most economists love the deal and will bring billions to our farmers.. again winning and democrats don’t want trump to win it’s all hate from the democrats.. they will be voted out big league in 2020

:linky::link:

If most most economists love the deal, it should be simple to provide multiple examples of them saying so.

Exactly what in the new deal will help the farmers? please be specific.
One
For one, it increases the amount of dairy products that US farmers can export to Canada without tariffs, while allowing more Canadian peanut products into the United States untaxed. It also requires US automakers to use more car parts made in the United States to avoid tariffs.

Trump’s new trade deal is better for workers than NAFTA was

Nice copy and paste.
Ummm thanks lol

One

Canada purchased nearly $636 million worth of U.S. dairy products last year, according to the U.S. Dairy Export Council. Mexico was the largest single market for U.S. dairy exports in 2017, representing $1.31 billion in products, particularly cheeses.

I love my mic drop

Thank you for proving my point for me. So, Canada bought 636 million dollars worth of US dairy products, and now we can sell them 3.5% more..which is 22 million dollars.

Tell me how that adds up to American farmers making "billions" from the new trade deal.

you might want to pull the mic out of your ass, where you stuck it when it drooped.
It requires Canadian milk producers to modernize it if they don’t it will expand way past 3.5% ... this will provide a huge boom to our dairy farmers. Especially in Wisconsin and New York. Canadian milknin some instances is not safe so this will increase demand.. thank you trump.
and could be huge!

now it is trillions, yet you can only account for 22 million!

you are such a fraud.

Oh, and still waiting for all those links to the majority of economist that say this deal is so fucking great

One

I love my mic drop

It requires Canadian milk producers to modernize if they don’t it will expand way past 3.5% ... this will provide a huge boom to our dairy farmers. Especially in Wisconsin and New York. Canadian milk in some instances is not safe so this will increase demand.. thank you trump.
and could be huge!
GG won’t be happy until the US is lawless.

One

I love my mic drop

It requires Canadian milk producers to modernize it if they don’t it will expand way past 3.5% ... this will provide a huge boom to our dairy farmers. Especially in Wisconsin and New York. Canadian milknin some instances is not safe so this will increase demand.. thank you trump.
and could be huge!

you are such a fraud.

Oh, and still waiting for all those links to the majority of economist that say this deal is so fucking great
What's in, what's out of new USMCA trade deal?

Mic drop

Ohio farmer that voted for Trump in 2016 has come around and is NO LONGER a Trump supporter.

Trump's China Trade War is killing farmers and Trump voter & Ohio farmer Christopher Gibbs is not staying silent.

Trump wants Americans to shut the fuck up & to stay silent.

America needs more citizens like Christopher Gibbs that speak out about their mistake of voting for a con man.

/—-/ If the farmer’s cotton crop was being attacked by boll weevils would they fight back or just let the weevils destroy their crops? Think of China as one giant boll weevil.

I love my mic drop

and could be huge!

you are such a fraud.

Mic drop

Thanks, that is one out of a tens of thousands of economist out there.

I will be happily waiting for more, maybe one that does not come from the Trump Propaganda station

I love my mic drop

and could be huge!

you are such a fraud.

Mic drop

I will be happily waiting for more, maybe one that does not come from the Trump Propaganda station
Most economists work in Blue States.
One positive word about Trump and they’re permanently unemployed.

Ohio farmer that voted for Trump in 2016 has come around and is NO LONGER a Trump supporter.

Trump's China Trade War is killing farmers and Trump voter & Ohio farmer Christopher Gibbs is not staying silent.

Trump wants Americans to shut the fuck up & to stay silent.

America needs more citizens like Christopher Gibbs that speak out about their mistake of voting for a con man.

/—-/ If the farmer’s cotton crop was being attacked by boll weevils would they fight back or just let the weevils destroy their crops? Think of China as one giant boll weevil.

In this case, Trump is the boll weevil. Which is why he has promised an extra 25 billion dollars to them over the last 6 months

I love my mic drop

and could be huge!

you are such a fraud.

Mic drop

Ohhhh you don’t like the source lol haha

Do you have a allergy to facts? Lol
Lol. I come from an agricultural trading nation with a low level of tariffs and participation in many trade agreements. Hoho, an FTA with China for one example. I'm having a good laugh at the average understanding of Americans in this field.

Forum List

Back