Americans Begging The Government To Take Their Rights

I watched as events unfolded today and couldn't believe my eyes, there were 10s of thousands of Americans begging the government to take their constitutional rights from them. I can't think of a thing that would be more un-American.

Literally millions have laid their lives on the line to protect the rights these people just want to piss away. What the hell are they teaching in the government halls of indoctrination as a pretense for education? It damn sure isn't American values.

Your thoughts.

Dear OKTexas
From some interviews I heard of supporters,
some of them just wanted to show support for students in Florida
and schools nationwide. It was more a solidarity thing,
and trying to connect where a gaping hole was torn in hearts across the country.

People need a sense of connection and belonging,
to unify communities. I also prefer they not use anger to mobilize,
but compassion. I think it was Buddhist Monk Thich Nhat Hanh
who said that a lot of American activism is focused on "anger" as
a motivation to get people to take action; but sustainable
motivation for real change comes from compassion.

People are basically taking or projecting their concern
and compassion, and channeling it into either prayer vigils
or protests and anger. People grieve in different ways,
and are not all in the same stages of recovery and change.

You will see all kinds of people and statements coming out
of these events, so it's not like "all these people are begging
to give up more control to govt". Many participants want to
express public and personal support for students and schools
and wanting CHANGE in general, whatever that turns out to be.

Abortion is legal, conservatives spend inordinate amounts of taxpayer money passing assinine laws that are always thrown out by the courts because...abortion is legal.

Cons why are you begging the Government to take your rights away? Don't you know hundreds of thousands died to give you these rights? And not only do you want them to take away your rights you want them to take away everyone else's rights as well. 'cuz your phoney bible demands everyone live how YOU would have them live.

View attachment 182702

So let's do away with that ancient 'no taxes for churches' thing and get all of those people fed and housed. As Jesus commanded.

Unless you really aren't interested in what Jesus wanted.

Everyone gets it.
The Democrat Bigots hate Christians.
But thanks for the constant reminders.
One of the reason why Churches don't pay taxes is because they can't campaign for politicians.
BTW Churches and Charities fed and assist the poor all of the time.

Please take away my rights To life and liberty ! Who doesn’t want to be shot to death by some AR wielding psycho!

It’s so weird how Cons obsesss on the 2nd, and then wipe their ass with the rest of the constitution.

Better yet, who wants to be defenseless when one shows up? You freaks are asking the same government that failed in FL to save you, REALLY?

But guns aren't the point of this thread, it's about Americans begging the government to take away their rights for some false sense of security.

Replace “ guns” with “voting” and watch you righties pull a 180 on giving away rights .

Or really name any other right and y’all are for all kinds of limitations. You name if.

Oh, and gov failed in Florida because they didn’t have the laws to help them . Unlike in gun control states .

I'm not going deep into this but what are the constitutional requirements for voting?

Also FL and the FBI had adequate laws at their disposal to prevent Cruz from passing a background check, both dropped the ball.

Did our founding fathers have to show special state issued picture ID in order to vote ?

I watched as events unfolded today and couldn't believe my eyes, there were 10s of thousands of Americans begging the government to take their constitutional rights from them. I can't think of a thing that would be more un-American.

Literally millions have laid their lives on the line to protect the rights these people just want to piss away. What the hell are they teaching in the government halls of indoctrination as a pretense for education? It damn sure isn't American values.

Your thoughts.

My son, who is in High School, joined in the walk out. We had told him it was up to him and he would have to face the consequences from the school. Neither he nor the rest of his schoolmates were protesting the 2nd Amendment. I am a gun owner and 90% of the time we go shooting now is because my son wants to, as I have kind of grown tired of the experience.

I think being a part of such things is a good learning experience, education is about much more than just books and test. As others have pointed out, this was a great example of the proper use of the 1st Amendment, which is just as vital as the 2nd.

My son and I do not see eye to eye on politics, I voted for Gary Johnson and my son was a Bernie fan, as are many kids his age that pay attention to these things.

The point of the walkout was to call attention to the inaction by us adults in keeping our children safe in their schools.

One of the reason why Churches don't pay taxes is because they can't campaign for politicians.

You have that backwards. They cannot campaign for politicians because they do not pay taxes, not the other way around.

Churches not being taxed is the biggest scam in the nation right now.

You have that backwards. They cannot campaign for politicians because they do not pay taxes, not the other way around.

wow taxing charities is really cold-hearted and greedy

Your thoughts.

Are you surprised? We have college students going for the whole "free speech for me, and not for thee" thing. We have people who want to basically remove federalism and concentrate power at the federal level, as far away from the people as possible.

wow taxing charities is really cold-hearted and greedy

No, I am talking about taxing churches, they are social clubs, not charities. Most churches spend less than 10% of their “income” on actual charitable work

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

That is a result of the "Johnson Rule", something of dubious constitutionality.

The constitution makes no mention of restricting political speech based on taxes.

Please take away my rights To life and liberty ! Who doesn’t want to be shot to death by some AR wielding psycho!

It’s so weird how Cons obsesss on the 2nd, and then wipe their ass with the rest of the constitution.

Ummm, you have a better chance of dying from boredom than some individual firing that AR-15...

Your thoughts.

political stunt

using brainwashed children as the stage

sickening really

the peaceful youth strike again

Antioch students tear down flag, brawl during 'peaceful' protest

Antioch students tear down flag, brawl during 'peaceful' protest

From your link:

At many campuses across Nashville, the district help students organize speakers and other special events for the walk-out.

Another clear indicator of who the puppet masters were.

Your thoughts.
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

not being shot isn't a right. sorry to burst your sorry ass bubble, but you do not have that right.

Your thoughts.

Bill of rights.
Amendment 1
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or
prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or
of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition
the Government for a redress of grievances.
the kids have no such rights since they were under age 18. They cannot vote and as such have no policy rights until they turn 18, so actually that was not a protected right. learn the constitution. Are you going to allow 15 and 16 years the right to drink alcohol? Own a gun, vote? Tell their parents to fk off and live on their own? what rights exactly are you referring to?

Your thoughts.

Dear OKTexas
and trying to connect where a gaping hole was torn in hearts across the country.

You might want to watch the coverage, this has been hijacked by the left, they were spewing hard left wing talking points all the while claiming it's not political. Give me a break.

Your thoughts.

Dear OKTexas

You might want to watch the coverage, this has been hijacked by the left, they were spewing hard left wing talking points all the while claiming it's not political. Give me a break.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Your thoughts.

Dear OKTexas

Did you go to one? Do you have any children that participated? or are you just relying on second hand information?

Better yet, who wants to be defenseless when one shows up? You freaks are asking the same government that failed in FL to save you, REALLY?

But guns aren't the point of this thread, it's about Americans begging the government to take away their rights for some false sense of security.

Replace “ guns” with “voting” and watch you righties pull a 180 on giving away rights .

Or really name any other right and y’all are for all kinds of limitations. You name if.

Oh, and gov failed in Florida because they didn’t have the laws to help them . Unlike in gun control states .

I'm not going deep into this but what are the constitutional requirements for voting?

Also FL and the FBI had adequate laws at their disposal to prevent Cruz from passing a background check, both dropped the ball.

Did our founding fathers have to show special state issued picture ID in order to vote ?

Get back to me when you can answer the question, it not really that hard, there's only two.

Your thoughts.

Dear OKTexas

Did you go to one? Do you have any children that participated? or are you just relying on second hand information?

No I wasn't there, I was at the hospital with my dad, watching it live.

Forum List

Back