An Inconvenient Truth: The Facts on Ferguson that Liberals wish to ignore

Be HONEST for a change, pretty please.

You first.

it was a scary push,

What? A 'scary' push? Whoa hold on.

In my world, any time you push someone in an act of aggression you are 'roughing up' someone. Now, I wonder if that had been you there getting pushed in that convenient store, would you still call that a 'scary push?' Seriously, take off the rose colored glasses.

roughing up to me implies beating or or punching or giving a black eye

To you perhaps. To the rest of us, simply pushing someone is roughing them up. You can push someone hard enough they fall to the floor.

The thing about the protests in Ferguson is that those people didn't just turn out for one kid getting shot.

No, they didn't give a damn about the kid. Not one. Nobody can burn down a town and claim to care about anyone who lost their lives in altercations with police.

You had ministers and old ladies and families and moms and dads showing up en masse.

On what planet? All I saw were a bunch of bratty teenagers and twenty somethings flipping cop cars and setting them on fire, looting stores, and getting into firefights with police.

Because this one hotly disputed shooting is but the very tip of the iceberg.

Yeah, there are two tips to an iceberg. You focus on one, while the other slowly crumbles away behind you. Eric Garner is one you should be upset with, because even I am upset. You don't choke the life out of a man for selling untaxed cigarettes.

If you look at the aftermath of the protests and how they turned to riots, all evidence points to an extremely badge heavy police department.

Riots like those are why police exist. And you wonder why they are overly aggressive? Those riots are why. People looting stores are why. Didn't think about that did you?

I have worked with overly aggressive officers, and everything I hear from residents points to an overzealous police force.

Naw. There are residents there who appreciate what cops do. I wonder what would have happened if no cops had been there that night to squelch the violence in Ferguson? Were they being overly aggressive there? They could have simply shot them all where they stood. But they chose to use the humane course of action. Kind of pedestrian for 'overly aggressive cops' don't you think?

Last edited:
He roughed up the guy at the convenience store?

Anytime you lay your hands on someone with the intent to harm, or when you push a guy into a chip stand, that's 'roughing up.' Just what was Micheal Brown doing to Officer Wilson in the SUV?

The video I watched showed the store employee trying to stop him from leaving and he pushed him away....

That's roughing up... or robbery...take your pick.

he DID NOT ''rough him up''...? what the heck? Is that what you call ''roughing him up'', a push away?

Yeah, we call it simple assault, a misdemeanor. You simply push a guy and that's assault. Doesn't need to be much. Among the other crimes he committed that day were felony assault on a law enforcement official, attempted murder, and petty theft. You seem to want to quibble over a technicality, such as 'roughing him up.'

You liberals... nothing left to argue with. None of this excuses what Brown did.
it's not roughing up.... it is what it is, and he PUSHED the guy away.... it was a scary push, because he is so big, it would have intimidated me, who is smaller than MB, BUT IT IS NOT ''roughing the clerk up'' or ''roughing up'' the clerk.... roughing up to me implies beating or or punching or giving a black eye....but not the push that MB gave this clerk....

Be HONEST for a change, pretty please.

I guess you have a different definition of roughing up. I consider it less than assaulting someone or beating someone up. Shoving and intimidating as you fucking steal from the person is not merely pushing.

You make it sound like he gently pushed and said 'excuse me while I steal some stuff from your store, sir.' He shoved the guy in an intimidating manner, daring him not to try and stop him from stealing. There is an 'or else' implied there. And getting shoved can hurt.

Do you not understand what sales taxes are?
The bottom 40% of income earners get more from the system in benefits than they pay in. They are the real freeloaders. Why arent you complaining about people getting more than they pay in? Oh yeah, you hate success.

Wow, I'm always amazed how much conservatives just hate them some poor people.

The bottom 40% shouldn't be paying anything in.
The bottom 40% are using up probably 60% of the revenue. Why the hell shouldn't they pay something? Is being poor some kind of virtue?

I think that is good testimony, and explains why so many people claimed MB had raised his arms....because he did raise his arms, but then continued to run towards wilson.

Was MB on a suicide mission? Why would he continue to run towards wilson? Why would he sanely do this?

Judging by Brown's actions just before this happened, how can he be sane? He was aggressive when he roughed up the owner of the Ferguson market as he robbed him. Clearly, he was not in a normal state of mind.
Or was he? Was being an aggressive bully and a thief his normal state of mind?

Is strong arm robbery a petty offence? Nope. J-walking.... OK I'll grant you that. Trying to disarm a police officer is also hardly a petty offence. The world will be a better place without Michael Brown.

Yes, shooting black teenagers who show poor judgement is the way to go.

We all know you never made a bad decision as a teen in your life, right?

The bottom 40% are using up probably 60% of the revenue. Why the hell shouldn't they pay something? Is being poor some kind of virtue?

Jesus said it was, but screw that guy.

Here's a federal pie chart. Please let me know where you get the poor are using 60 of revenue.

fedBudget2012.jpg

BTW, the reason the Grand Jury decided not to indict the cop, was because the (Democrat) prosecutor clearly showed that the cop did NOT shoot Michael Brown when he had his hands raised.

First, that's not the prosecutors job. Second, he didn't clearly show that. You had 16 witnesses who said he did have his hands up vs. Wilson and maybe a couple others who said he didn't.

The cop shot him when, after grappling with him and seeing Brown go for the cop's gun, Brown retreated, and then turn and charged the cop like a 6'5" linebacker charging a quarterback. The cop kept yelling at him to STOP! STOP!, and Brown just kept charging, putting the cop (justly) in fear for his life. So when Brown got within 8 feet of him, the cop had no option left but to shoot.

Yes, that's the version Wilson told. It's horseshit, but that's his version.

Frustrated leftists are seeing their golden chance to destroying a white cop, slipping away as the truth comes out, and they are enraged. So they are desperately ignoring the clear facts, and screaming that the cop is a murderer when he clearly wasn't.

He shot an unarmed man, last time I checked that was murder.

Joe, for someone who hates God and Jesus so much, you most certainly don't mind invoking them in your arguments to score points. Your dullard.

I don't hate God and Jesus.

I just don't think they exist. (Or in the case of Jesus, existed in the past.)

I do hate people who use God and Jesus to rationalize their racism, homophobia and lack of human compassion. Especially those who claim to be "Christians", and then insist that it's perfectly okay to snatch food out of the mouths of hungry children and shoot black boys in the middle of the street.

Because that's clearly not what their Good Book says.

Now, is it a cheap shot for me as an atheist to point out you don't live up to your philosophy? Meh, not really.

I don't hate God and Jesus.

Don't feign ignorance. You've called God a "Sky Fairy" numerous times. Even still, if you don't believe they exist, why do you insist on invoking them in your arguments?

I do hate people who use God and Jesus to rationalize their racism, homophobia and lack of human compassion.

So, what were you doing just now? Using them to rationalize your lies.

Especially those who claim to be "Christians", and then insist that it's perfectly okay to snatch food out of the mouths of hungry children and shoot black boys in the middle of the street.

Well, at least we aren't the ones who thinks it okay to slaughter hapless children in the womb for the sake of a point or for mere convenience. Interestingly enough, when the heart stops, we call that the end of a person, a human being. So why is it, when the heart starts beating, that we don't call it the beginning of a human being? The heartbeat of a 'fetus' starts at roughly 6 weeks.

Moreover, you seem to think evidence is irrelevant. Micheal Brown tried to kill a police officer, he paid for it with his life. You can start by explaining why a cop would just up and shoot a random black boy in the street for one, yes, let's just start there.

Because that's clearly not what their Good Book says.

Of course, as if you knew what it really said to begin with.

Now, is it a cheap shot for me as an atheist to point out you don't live up to your philosophy?

By continuing to invoke the values of God and Jesus to people you believe "aren't following their philosophies" you seem to do a lot of preaching for an Atheist.

Yes, that's the version Wilson told. It's horseshit, but that's his version.

The bruises on his face said otherwise.

He shot an unarmed man, last time I checked that was murder.

The 'unarmed man' tried to take Wilson's gun and kill him with it. Last time I checked, that's attempted murder of a law enforcement official.

Well, at least we aren't the ones who thinks it okay to slaughter hapless children in the womb for the sake of a point or for mere convenience. Interestingly enough, when the heart stops, we call that the end of a person, a human being. So why is it, when the heart starts beating, that we don't call it the beginning of a human being? The heartbeat of a 'fetus' starts at roughly 6 weeks.

"hapless children". Guy, you can try to make your silly anti-choice arguments all day, but as long as you don't have a vajayjay, you really don't get a say in the matter.

Don't feign ignorance. You've called God a "Sky Fairy" numerous times. Even still, if you don't believe they exist, why do you insist on invoking them in your arguments?

I call God a "Sky Fairy" to mock the silliness of the notion. That's not hating the notion, that's hating the silliness of it.

As for invoking it, the point is, you guys want to invoke Jesus as an excuse to treat gays like shit, or not let a woman make her own decisions as to when to be a mom or have sex, but when someone points out that Jesus was totally against rich people and wanted us all to take care of the poor, you get all upset that we are 'invoking your God".

Moreover, you seem to think evidence is irrelevant. Micheal Brown tried to kill a police officer, he paid for it with his life. You can start by explaining why a cop would just up and shoot a random black boy in the street for one, yes, let's just start there.

First, the only evidence we have that Brown tried to kill Wilson is Wilson's say-so. And Wilson's testimony was so full of contradictions that it really has to be scrutinized. I think he was trying to prove how tough he was, he let the situation escalate out of control, and he clearly should not have been a cop to start with.

The bruises on his face said otherwise.

Guy, I've seen those pictures. Those aren't really bruises.

The 'unarmed man' tried to take Wilson's gun and kill him with it. Last time I checked, that's attempted murder of a law enforcement official.

Well, that's debateable whether he was really trying to take the gun or just trying to get away from a cop who grabbed him. What's not debateable is that when he was shot, he was 120 feet away from the car at a considerable distance from the officer who shot him, and 16 witnesses said he had his hands up.

Yet, he spoke of prosperity, riches in heaven and the like. But oh hey, forget that part.

Well, until someone proves that there IS a Heaven, then we need to focus on the here and now.

You know, where 40% of the population shares .6% of the wealth and kids go to bed hungry at night.

Yet, he spoke of prosperity, riches in heaven and the like. But oh hey, forget that part.

Well, until someone proves that there IS a Heaven, then we need to focus on the here and now.

You know, where 40% of the population shares .6% of the wealth and kids go to bed hungry at night.

which is completely irrelevant to your desire to prosecute a police officer for defending himself.

yet you seem to think it's connected. Anything to help justify your desire to rob people.

Forum List

Back