An Open Letter to Pro-"Immigration" supporters

Asylum is legal.

I never said it wasn't.

"...in this case, it is a great way to avoid, i.e. SKIRT the naturalization process. Coming here illegally doesn't lay out a better life for the person doing it, it only complicates it even further."

That's not saying asylum is illegal. I was shifting away from asylum to illegal immigration in that statement. In other words, an adroit shift mid sentence.

If I have to clarify, I will.

Ah, ok then :)

And even though asylum is legal, the process right now is being abused. It is being used in an attempt to "skip the line" that is our immigration and naturalization process.

I don't think it's being abused. Most requests are denied.

review_2x.jpg

I never said it wasn't.

"...in this case, it is a great way to avoid, i.e. SKIRT the naturalization process. Coming here illegally doesn't lay out a better life for the person doing it, it only complicates it even further."

That's not saying asylum is illegal. I was shifting away from asylum to illegal immigration in that statement. In other words, an adroit shift mid sentence.

And even though asylum is legal, the process right now is being abused. It is being used in an attempt to "skip the line" that is our immigration and naturalization process.

I understand that. Hence the word "attempt". I never implied they were all successful.

Look at our southern border with Mexico right now. Is this your ultimate goal? Is this what you want? To have caravans of immigrants coming here to game our legal system? Hordes of illegal immigrants crossing over a seemingly nonexistent border between two countries?

Seeking asylum is a great way to escape hardship of living in a volatile country, and in this case, it is a great way to avoid, i.e. SKIRT the naturalization process. Coming here illegally doesn't lay out a better life for the person doing it, it only complicates it even further.

And for any liberal who claims to have any respect for our laws and customs, I advise you to think again. If you try to justify why there should be any illegal immigration going on, for any purpose, for any reason... you don't. I want congress to close the loopholes currently being exploited by those asylum seekers. I want our border to be enforced.

I don't care what kind of life these "immigrants" are trying to make for themselves here. They need to do it right. Legally. If they are incapable of following one law, that must mean they will have very little respect for and willingness to obey other laws. We are a sovereign country, and we should start acting like one.
Congress and the executive branch are controlled by the GOP the people at the border have been turned away.But this govt. run by the GOP refuses to change refugee laws that enable people to come here in mass droves.

I understand that. Hence the word "attempt". I never implied they were all successful.

Asylum is an important pillar of our nation's values imo...but I've gotten to the point where I no longer care what people think of me. I support legal immigration, I support asylum, I support the recognition of illegal immigrants as Human Beings. I oppose the ripping apart of families.

Asylum is an important pillar of our nation's values imo...but I've gotten to the point where I no longer care what people think of me. I support legal immigration, I support asylum, I support the recognition of illegal immigrants as Human Beings. I oppose the ripping apart of families.

Interpreted:

To Hell with the Rule of Law. To Hell with Borders. We Bolsheviks need the Votes.

_____

Interpreted:

To Hell with the Rule of Law. To Hell with Borders. We Bolsheviks need the Votes.

_____

You need a new dictionary.

:lame2:You don’t get the right to make that decision though. The constitution does! Go to Mexico then

:lame2:You don’t get the right to make that decision though. The constitution does! Go to Mexico then

Go to Russia then.

I was having a chat today with my housemate. About what? About old folks in convalescent homes. Any clue how much it costs to be in such a home if you don't have family willing to take you in? $3100.00 bucks per month for a semi nice home. For those poor....you get state run homes...with people who take minimum wage and let you lay in your own excrement.

Now...money these "immigrants" will cost us taxpayers..where would you prefer your money to go? That kid that has to live in the car with mom, who is a citizen but can't afford rentals? How about some veteran who has no family and is thrown in a state run home? A homeless man or woman or couple or family?

Ya'll that raise your fists and scream for them to be given a chance..or support "dreamers"...do you even think about the cost of these people and where that money COULD go instead???? Nope.

Look at our southern border with Mexico right now. Is this your ultimate goal? Is this what you want? To have caravans of immigrants coming here to game our legal system? Hordes of illegal immigrants crossing over a seemingly nonexistent border between two countries?

Seeking asylum is a great way to escape hardship of living in a volatile country, and in this case, it is a great way to avoid, i.e. SKIRT the naturalization process. Coming here illegally doesn't lay out a better life for the person doing it, it only complicates it even further.

And for any liberal who claims to have any respect for our laws and customs, I advise you to think again. If you try to justify why there should be any illegal immigration going on, for any purpose, for any reason... you don't. I want congress to close the loopholes currently being exploited by those asylum seekers. I want our border to be enforced.

I don't care what kind of life these "immigrants" are trying to make for themselves here. They need to do it right. Legally. If they are incapable of following one law, that must mean they will have very little respect for and willingness to obey other laws. We are a sovereign country, and we should start acting like one.
Should we give our Statue of Liberty back to the French, and blame the right wing?

Go to Russia then.
Why exactly?

You only have a fallacy of false Cause to work with. It has nothing to with immigration, but about natural and individual rights. The right wing doesn't really care about that, if it is not specifically about guns.

Should we give our Statue of Liberty back to the French, and blame the right wing?
Huh

You only have a fallacy of false Cause to work with. It has nothing to with immigration, but about natural and individual rights. The right wing doesn't really care about that, if it is not specifically about guns.
Huh? Can’t you make sense in a post?

Go to Russia then.
Why exactly?

You seem to have a problem with Asylum, which is entirely legal. So go. You won't be missed.

Forum List

Back